Theory Crafting Thread

enderowl

1 hour ago, Nexen57 said:

The four lights are player,someone with a soul as gold as Arceus's light,someone with the resolve to lead others and someone who fights for a lost loved one.So by deduction the four lights should be : MC,Melia,Aelita and Ren.

And not the four blonde siblings who when together literally started glowing gold and formed the symbol of Arceus?

I don't think the MC is part of either prophecy tbh.

Seems a bit odd for someone alleged to be outside destiny's grasp to be in a destined prophecy, no?

1 minute ago, DerogatoryTrainer said:

And not the four blonde siblings who when together literally started glowing gold and formed the symbol of Arceus?

Seems a bit odd for someone alleged to be outside destiny's grasp to be in a destined prophecy, no?

but the prophecy only states one of the lights to have Arceus' power, so those four wouldn't fit the prophecy

9 minutes ago, Edo said:

but the prophecy only states one of the lights to have Arceus' power, so those four wouldn't fit the prophecy

Wait then what's the point of the four of them having Arceus' power as well?

I assumed that's how they'd save the world from destruction mentioned in the Library mural. By holding hands and combining their powers?

Also I misread Nexen57's post, he was talking about the Madame Peony prophecy not the library one. Whoops.

2 minutes ago, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Wait then what's the point of the four of them having Arceus' power as well?

I assumed that's how they'd save the world from destruction mentioned in the Library mural. By holding hands and combining their powers?

Also I misread Nexen57's post, he was talking about the Madame Peony prophecy not the library one. Whoops.

The point might be that we now know where the Archtype was sealed, which the bad guys might be after.

What I just remembered: the evil part of the Dark prophecy might be "reserved" for the protagonist, since a lot of people seem to mention our potential of destroying the world if we wanted, instead of saving it.
So depending on our choices in the game we will possibly fill the last role left for whichever prophecy fits us more. Just thinking of the bad end of the Hidden Library 4 quest with Karen and Karrina makes this look very plausable.

• Like 3

On 6/6/2020 at 4:29 PM, Nexen57 said:

We should talk about the light and dark prophecy : four lights not born from man will save the world and four darkness born from man will destroy the world.

The four lights are player,someone with a soul as gold as Arceus's light,someone with the resolve to lead others and someone who fights for a lost loved one.So by deduction the four lights should be : MC,Melia,Aelita and Ren.

Melia is related to Arceus,Aelita's goal is to become the sensei of Sheridan so to become the leader.Those ones are easy to guess.

The last one being Ren is a bit special (the following is in spoilers because I found it with Debug mode by looking in the switches but it should be about things that should happen in future versions if it's in the ingame files it's 99% to be sure to happen so if you don't want to get spoiled don't look in this spoiler):

Reveal hidden contents

There are switches related to the statues in the Amethyst Grotto.There are already Keta's and Vivian's statues activated but there are two more.The third one is Nancy's statue and the fourth one is Reina's.So the statue are about characters that would die so Reina should die in the future versions from what we don't know but she should die.And Ren fighting for his dead sister would fit with the "lost loved one" considering "love" can be by family relation. BUT this could also make him one of the darkness by making him the darkness of prejudice for the same reason because maybe that Reina could die because of us.

Also for a non spoiler fact,the four lights are meant to not be born from man: MC is the Interceptor and therefore comes from the Universe? I don't remember but I think it has been pretty much stated that he just was created or appeared.Melia is a very strange case because we know that she is somehow related to Indriad and Maria/Melanie but Jenner is not her actual father and we don't know if she has any parents.Aelita is explained in the story,she's a reincarnation of Taelia and Vivian and can't have any biological parents.Ren's body is made from metal and not flesh so it could fit.

The four darknesses represent hatred,evil,jealousy and prejudice.And thier goal is to reacreate another world.There is also mention to light with death in the prophecy.Madame X and Indriad/Vitus/Sirius(maybe also Lord Xenadin).We don't know anything about Madame X,so I have no idea which negative emotion she could represent apart from "evil". Indriad should be the darkness of the prejudice because of Anathea's death and he has to be one of the darkness because if the disaster is related with light,Arceus is related to that.But there are two other darknesses maybe Flora and the leader of Amanda's group could be one of them.Flora could represent hatred because she hates Cassandra and jealousy because maybe the leader of Amanda's group wanted to control the league but Jan kept her from controlling it and could be jealous of him so she wants to destroy the league .

Crescent could be one of the lights or one of the darknesses but we still don't know something interesting related to her.

From the absol statue in Blacksteeple, I thought that the darknesses had betrayal and greed with them.

On 6/6/2020 at 5:59 PM, DerogatoryTrainer said:

Maybe they will turn into one and that is who the prophecy is talking about.

Edited by iiiiitamar

Also in chapter 13, while in past Hiyoshi City, when Kanon gets kidnapped, Nymiera states that she tried to carry on with her life and forget the past, unlike Vitus, who still tries to achieve something, even though he got married again. She implies having a past with him.

She clearly drops on us that she is the Queen from the tale of how this world was born, while Vitus/Indriad is the greedy King searching for the Archetype. During this chapter she also addresses us as Adrest and asks if we remember her.

Do you think the main character is the son of Nymiera and Vitus or his reincarnation?? To me it sounds that way

1 hour ago, The Bookworm said:

Also in chapter 13, while in past Hiyoshi City, when Kanon gets kidnapped, Nymiera states that she tried to carry on with her life and forget the past, unlike Vitus, who still tries to achieve something, even though he got married again. She implies having a past with him.

She clearly drops on us that she is the Queen from the tale of how this world was born, while Vitus/Indriad is the greedy King searching for the Archetype. During this chapter she also addresses us as Adrest and asks if we remember her.

Do you think the main character is the son of Nymiera and Vitus or his reincarnation?? To me it sounds that way

no because we see Adrest with his mother in a flashback, and she clearly didn't look like Nymiera. If you're talking about the knight from the story (her son), it is said that he died in the war while protecting her.

17 hours ago, Edo said:

no because we see Adrest with his mother in a flashback, and she clearly didn't look like Nymiera. If you're talking about the knight from the story (her son), it is said that he died in the war while protecting her.

It could be that the nymiera in hiyoshi is a reincarnation of the queen nymiera and her son was also an interceptor.

But the latter part of this theory contradicts to the fact that the interceptor can't be killed until they have fulfilled their duty.

Edited by Crystalrage

9 hours ago, Crystalrage said:

But the latter part of this theory contradicts to the fact that the interceptor can't be killed until they have fulfilled their duty.

I think it's not a fact. IIRC, the Interceptor can die for real (with dire consequences) if they "fail" (i.e. die a mundane death) too many times. 

52 minutes ago, Mindlack said:

I think it's not a fact. IIRC, the Interceptor can die for real (with dire consequences) if they "fail" (i.e. die a mundane death) too many times. 

That's what I meant. The interceptor's job is to take the world either towards light or towards darkness. In any of the results, the interceptor's job is done.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a change of topic, but are we sure Anastasia is really Nastasia? After all:

Spoiler

You'd think Nastasia would remember meeting Ren in the past, especially when she was guiding him through a scene that she had lived through. Also, Nastasia seems rather young for someone who was alive before Storm 9. Is it possible that Nastasia is the Deoxys instead? Maybe Anastasia dies when trying to save Maria from Indriad, and then her Deoxys uses its DNA powers to become a "clone" of her, and wants revenge.

6 minutes ago, Between Life and Death said:

This is a change of topic, but are we sure Anastasia is really Nastasia? After all:

Reveal hidden contents

You'd think Nastasia would remember meeting Ren in the past, especially when she was guiding him through a scene that she had lived through. Also, Nastasia seems rather young for someone who was alive before Storm 9. Is it possible that Nastasia is the Deoxys instead? Maybe Anastasia dies when trying to save Maria from Indriad, and then her Deoxys uses its DNA powers to become a "clone" of her, and wants revenge.

There was the time she hung up on him and also when she accidentally called him "Mr. Ren"

On 6/20/2020 at 3:38 PM, Between Life and Death said:

Reveal hidden contents

I pretty much believe that Anastasia became Nastasia for the following reasons:

She took Ren as her personal assistant.

During the flight to Zone Zero she accidentally was going to call him Mr. Ren before quickly correcting herself.

Xen HQ is the remodeled Rejuvenation Co., who better to do so than the heir of the company.

There are, to my knowledge, no known records of Deoxys being able to transform into human beings, or creating illusions.

During Ren's mission in the past, when he asks her why she knows all that, she get's visibly nervous and tries to evade the topic or hangs up on him.

And she's the one of the important characters in the game, which has a natural purple hair color.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 8:51 AM, Duskfang Shadowpaw said:

And she's the only important character in the game, which has a natural purple hair color...I believe.

You're absolutely right. Aelita, Vivian and Taelia are just simple side characters without any meaning to the plot, whatsoever

Edited by Gastronely
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Gastronely said:

You're absolutely right. Aelita, Vivian and Taelia are just simple side characters without any meaning to the plot, whatsoever

You're definitely right, I knew I forgot someone.......even though that I thought Aelita's (and her prior incarnations) hair colors to be a sort of bluish purple...I guess I was mistaken, sry 😥

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Duskfang Shadowpaw said:

You're definitely right, I knew I forgot someone.......even though that I thought Aelita's (and her prior incarnations) hair colors to be a sort of bluish purple...I guess I was mistaken, sry 😥

Sorry if I was rude, or something : (

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Gastronely said:

Sorry if I was rude, or something : (

Don't be to harsh on yourself. 😁

This is what discussions are for, everyone has his/her own opinion, whether they prove to be correct or not on the long run, needs to be seen.

Despite that I used to view myself as somewhat of artist way back when I'm kinda bad with colors now......not exaggerating as far as creating a discussion about the differences of the colors Ruby, Scarlet, Strawberry and so on, in the end it's all red 😆

But enough of that, I don't wanna turn this thread into dicussing the different shades of colors xD

5 hours ago, Duskfang Shadowpaw said:

But enough of that, I don't wanna turn this thread into dicussing the different shades of colors xD

Rorrin B.: Am I a joke to you?

_ ___ _ _ _ _ _

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced We have it ALLLLL wrong. Anathea is the Archetype. She has a keyhole on the back of her neck, for Arceus' cold sake! That's how she can talk in the Athenium. Although that also makes it reaaaally confusing as to how she can be in the soul stone.... but that keyhole makes me think.

Issue is, I do not appreciate at all the twist that this is all just some over-zealous corperation from a futuristic past's shenenigans. It's obvious what's going on: the King and Queen story, my favorite part of any pokemon game, is a lie. they were just members of the company who had differing ideas about the application of their nanotech. Some created nano-animal abominations (pokemon), and others became abominably powerful (Angie, Indriad and who knows how many others). Even the Interceptors that are literally fighting DESTINY are just the result of some advanced power conducting black lightning rods in the ground... built by a corperation that has really weird taste in architecture. It's like some kind of bizarre blend. Hopefully we get the explanation this stuff is part of some kind of alternate timeline stuff... maybe Erin is on to something when she says the past they visited with Vivian was not the past, but somehow the future... but the tech stuff remains... the Garufa were so cool when they were more ominously magic, rather than some kind of lifeforce draining nanite... whatever they are in reality.

But aaaaanyway... Anathea may just be an android, or she was the real mother of Adrest or something. I bring all this griping up about the High-tech, because it absolutely DESTROYS any cohesive (and simpler theories I had...)

Right now it seems like the Archetype kids are Maria split into 4, though it just as well be Isiah brain wiped both mother and daughter and left it so Melia as Maria didn't remember, and neither did poor Anathea. That would indicate, abstractly, that the golden being talking to Erin and Melia in the Athenium was actually Arceus. It's referred to as a mother, but we know only that the Prime Arceus was male. The pieces were probably two female and a male, just as how there are three sisters and one brother amongst the Four.

Right now, the more I think on it, it seems like the Archetype is no longer Indriad's goal. He got what he wanted and he did something later on after having it. My guess is hechose to ensure it, and Nymiera, could no longer endanger his plans, and so scattered the Archetype Triforce style. And hten went on to destroy everything else.

What's troubling me about this little theory is that none of the children according to Isiah's records had blonde hair, including Anathea. It's like that record was made in another timeline altogether. Perhaps the first one? Or maybe the Archetype was found by Indriad later, somehow, and he put it into Anathea and then had children with her, in the hopes perhaps it would seep into her children to provide powerful sacrifices...

You know what? Another, perhaps more humanizing thought about Indriad: he erased his own memories about his other three children. Maybe he feared what he was "destined to become". Or could become. We know Gardevoir remained with him until her end, and he seemed to love Anathea and Maria. Seems to me that perhaps he legitimately tried "this" time, in the game's main events, and in order to ensure this he hid some of his children, sealing them away, along with their power. Only Maria remained, perhaps due to being the favored child, or possibly because of other reasons (she was the strongest light-embraced and so COULDN'T be sealed, or the like?). Would make him out to be more human and would explain some seemingly senseless choices of his right about now.

My opinion as of this time is he's the pure Evil of the prophesy of darkness. He displays the other three sins of prejudice, greed and treachery (Can't remember all of the right now, of COURSE). He's purest evil. So perhaps he went to drastic, and earnest, measures to change at the last, like Nymiera thought. Until that fateful Tangrowth swing... T-though Aelita's memories indicate freya was responsible for that somehow, so... I dunno. Anybody got a reason why she was at the mansion?

One other thing: were there multiple Marias in the past? Like, I initially thought it was strange that Anathea said "the soul of Maria is nearby" in the dungeon under Hiyoshi City. We had seen Gardevoir trap Maria in the crystal under the Marble Mansion a few weeks earlier, and she was still there after the calamity when Kenneth went in. So yeah, that was weird.

But the Strange House made it weirder. I'd initially thought the prologue was just a vision Maria had while in the crystal. But it appears that somehow BOTH the prologue and the Marble Mansion scene happened in the past. And come to think of it, the Hiyoshi City dungeon looked like the area in the prologue where Maria was going to be sacrificed.

I highly doubt Vitus was raising two families at once. And in the prologue, he seemed to never have left the cult, and was merely hiding his involvement in it from Anathea. So is it possible that the calamity caused two alternate universes to merge? And they had already begun merging by the Hiyoshi City sequence?

On 6/24/2020 at 4:54 PM, Between Life and Death said:

But the Strange House made it weirder. I'd initially thought the prologue was just a vision Maria had while in the crystal. But it appears that somehow BOTH the prologue and the Marble Mansion scene happened in the past. And come to think of it, the Hiyoshi City dungeon looked like the area in the prologue where Maria was going to be sacrificed

My guess is that the prologue scene was an illusion created by indriad and that this scene had repeated it self more than once because in the prologue madame x says "how many times will you put her through this".

49 minutes ago, iiiiitamar said:

My guess is that the prologue scene was an illusion created by indriad and that this scene had repeated it self more than once because in the prologue madame x says "how many times will you put her through this".

That's what I thought too. But you can literally find the house from the prologue in the desert.