Theory Crafting Thread

enderowl

1 hour ago, Mindlack said:

I don’t recall which scene this is? Can you recall me? 

He eliminated Valerie and Adam's memories, and tried to do the same to Braixen. And also, he helped Narcissa get rid of her memories. Oh, and he transferred his memories to his son, and then tried to do the same to Lavender.

I doubt Freya could completely alter someone's memories on her own. Her power still has its limits.

1 hour ago, Between Life and Death said:

He eliminated Valerie and Adam's memories, and tried to do the same to Braixen. And also, he helped Narcissa get rid of her memories. Oh, and he transferred his memories to his son, and then tried to do the same to Lavender.

I feel stupid for forgetting about Narcissa and the specifics of Isha’s own story.

But I can’t remember where it’s hinted (or even said) that he did something to Valarie or Adam. I always assumed that was Freya. 

(Another possible outcome is Crescent utterly pwning everyone on that scene and making them remember a version where she faked her death – see below for why it’s not absurd. Not that I believe that, but I don’t think it’s inconsistent). 

Note that hugely altering memories isn’t too unusual a feat by Rejuv standards, see Karen at the Starly help request or Crescent with Nim (well, either that or she convinced Nim so thoroughly that she trusted Crescent more than us, and changed her name and purpose with that). That’s also why I’m pretty sure that Freya may be more able to modify memories than “just a little”

Spoiler

(and it’s not “just a little” that she did to Kenneth).

23 minutes ago, Mindlack said:

But I can’t remember where it’s hinted (or even said) that he did something to Valarie or Adam. I always assumed that was Freya. 

He was trying to do the same thing to Braixen at the Hospital of Hope, and it was implied that he had already succeeded with the two of them.

With Freya, I doubt she could give someone total amnesia, much less make them remember an entirely false past life. Her tricks on Kenneth were still pretty minor--they just included making him and Taelia misremember minor things, making Kenneth think he was having hallucinations, and giving him a dream where he met Taelia (and I think he was already knocked out at that point, so it would have been easier).

Beheeyem can replace fabricated memories with yours, so you would remember things happening in a different way (Taelia thinks she picked Nora from the school but she didn't) or experience events that actually never happened (Kenneth's first vision where Taelia begs for help and gives him the pendant, which in reality was given to him by Freya) 

That makes you think if we already haven't been messed with in past occasions, where delpha wasn't there to help

Edited by The Bookworm

Also, regarding Saki being Madame X or related: mecha Amanda. 

Who could craft something like that other than Saki or Erick? Even more, who could craft a machine strong enough to destroy it (Sakitron)? 

The answer is Nastasia (even though she couldn't fix the power issue they had at Blacksteeple; so they asked Nancy to do it, resulting in her tricking team Xen) or maybe some garufan related individual? 

1 hour ago, The Bookworm said:

Beheeyem can replace fabricated memories with yours, so you would remember things happening in a different way (Taelia thinks she picked Nora from the school but she didn't) or experience events that actually never happened (Kenneth's first vision where Taelia begs for help and gives him the pendant, which in reality was given to him by Freya) 

That makes you think if we already haven't been messed with in past occasions, where delpha wasn't there to help

I know, but I'm saying there's gotta be a limit. I doubt it can make you think your entire past was different; otherwise Freya's job would have been so much easier.

Okay after rereading the dex entry for beheeyem it in fact supplants memories meaning that 1 of 2 things ia how it works in rejuv it a overwrites old memories with new ones. But thia can't be the case as val and adam remember so deleting old memories isn't possible. So it must be 2 it represses your old memories and aupplants new ones thereby allowing you to remember certain things that it doesn't repress

I'm pretty sure in WLL we only see 'Freya' make people remember things that didn't happen rather than forget things that did so perhaps 'Freya' needed Isha to remove the memories of Val and Adam before implanting false ones, maybe in exchange he got to keep Braixen for his experiments.

I’m wondering if throughout the course of the game will the enemies we have now will be dealt with until there’s only one main bad guy left for the final battle, or will we face all of the villains for the endgame.

15 hours ago, Bluedude said:

I’m wondering if throughout the course of the game will the enemies we have now will be dealt with until there’s only one main bad guy left for the final battle, or will we face all of the villains for the endgame.

That's my main worry. Too many villain arcs have yet to be wrapped up. I really hope the final boss of the game is Madame X or Indriad, but I'm worried it'll be Freya, who gets revealed to be the mastermind behind all of this. That would be stupidly anticlimactic, since we've battled her so many times already.

I think the final villain and true mastermind is none other than

Spoiler

Alexandra

I think she's Celine. Or maybe Celine is her own entity and she is the true villain. Everything is going to her whim. Everything to her game. The final "battles" of real worth will be the Elite 8 and true Champion, who it is rather vaguely hinted is Alexandra, from her rather suspicious behavior while discussing the champion on the train. It just feels so obvious to me. But maybe not. Everything about Robo Amanda upsets me. I don't mesh well with techno stuff along with rituals and the like.

Anyway, something got me thinking. We can be almost certain Maria and Melia are not the same girl. Because Venam had just lost Melia, yet doesn't react at all when she sees Maria. And she grew up with Melia. She ought to know if Maria and Melia look the same, which they should. Reincarnation could be the explanation, meaning Melia just looks different. But honestly even their sprites are significantly different.

There was something else but I forgot. Oh!

Bladestar. They were trying to do something in the dreamyard. Maybe we have not seen the last of Flora as we think! Perhaps there is more to her story or maybe Florin's than we assume. Likely to do with whatever Rune is trying to do now in the underground.

Another thing that has kept me awake at night for weeks. (Seriously please help me unravel this!).

Chrysalis and the events of Tainted Light occur post Calamity. They must. Angie seems to believe enough time has past since Indriad isolated her for Sashilla to be destroyed. Chrysalis is not Marble Mansion. Indriad left the house where he lost Anathea be after her death. Chrysalis has the same exterior design, but otherwise its surrounding grounds, underground, and interior layouts are totally and markedly different.

Angie also is seen by Kenneth in WLL, but it happens off-screen. So in the intervening 15 years, at some time, or at least before Sirius marries Narcy and takes Geara on as his protoge, Chrysalis could have taken place.

5 hours ago, Between Life and Death said:

That's my main worry. Too many villain arcs have yet to be wrapped up. I really hope the final boss of the game is Madame X or Indriad, but I'm worried it'll be Freya, who gets revealed to be the mastermind behind all of this. That would be stupidly anticlimactic, since we've battled her so many times already.

I feel like it's going to be crescent since she is basically controlling everything from behind the scene and we didn't fight her yet.

I doubt Crescent is the final villain. She definitely isn't interested. Though may be she is one of the 4 Darknesses. Obsession actually fits her really well.

Pure Evil: Indriad

Greed: Currently Unknown

Betrayal: Probably either Erin or Reina, since of the twins is a traitor, and Ren has already been tried and proven true.

Obsession: Either Angie, Flora or Crescent.

1 hour ago, Feng Lei said:

I doubt Crescent is the final villain. She definitely isn't interested. Though may be she is one of the 4 Darknesses. Obsession actually fits her really well.

Pure Evil: Indriad

Greed: Currently Unknown

Betrayal: Probably either Erin or Reina, since of the twins is a traitor, and Ren has already been tried and proven true.

Obsession: Either Angie, Flora or Crescent.

My guess is that griselda is going to return to her human form and she is going to be or greed or betrayal because she wanted to use more dark magic and get more power, and betrayal because in one of the chests in the ruins the text said something about betrayal (I don't remember exactly what was said) and she was betrayed by her sisters.

1 hour ago, Between Life and Death said:

Also, could Madame X be pure evil?

Edit: It could also be Melanie. She could take over Melia's body (as foreshadowed)

I don't think Madame X would be that. She did save us in the past before, has something to do with the book that lets us save Rift Garbador, and she has given her admins second chances after the failures, like how she doesn't actually punish Madelis until she completely screws things up at Mt. Valor.

3 hours ago, Tikkit said:

I don't think Madame X would be that. She did save us in the past before, has something to do with the book that lets us save Rift Garbador, and she has given her admins second chances after the failures, like how she doesn't actually punish Madelis until she completely screws things up at Mt. Valor.

Madame X could have just saved us because if we failed, there would be no world left for her to take over.