Theory Crafting Thread

enderowl

13 hours ago, Display name said:

The original madame X could have been a few people. First off madame X could have been hazuki. Personally I think Hazuki got too old to be madame X but she is always a possibility. Second Madame X could have been a personalized garufan doll similar to kanon. this to me makes sense because the doll could be used in place of a human until they found a person like saki to become the madame X. 3 Maria Madame X the first seemed to know quite a bit about the light before Melia even used her powers and the only pre melia light that wasn't in the unown dimension was maria.

Maria being Madame X seems plausible, 'cause we know that Madame X lost her mother and the same goes for Maria...okay there are too many people in this game who lost their mother too, but still she takes my number 1 place in the Madame X's identity list. Maybe Madame X is like Angie a fusion between Maria and another person 🤨

Madame X actually specifies that her mother died to try to save her. This raises the question was it to save her life or was it to save her from her father and the only mothers who have died trying to protect their children are the players mom directly. In some way anathea could have tried to save maria indirectly so the theory stands

• Upvote 1

Who ARE Kieran and Freya? It seems unlikely that they're the final villains, given how late they entered the storyline and the fact that we've already fought each of them and won. But they seem to be the masterminds behind everything we've seen so far. They probably work directly under the final villain, but who is that? Cassandra? Vitus?

We have met spacea and tiempa but we have not met the distortion world sister if there is one. If there is a distortion world sibling than kieran and freya might be with them. If not than I think they might be agents of spacea or tiempa who are sort of pseudo antagonists

4 hours ago, Display name said:

We have met spacea and tiempa but we have not met the distortion world sister if there is one. If there is a distortion world sibling than kieran and freya might be with them. If not than I think they might be agents of spacea or tiempa who are sort of pseudo antagonists

The distortion world sister is Griselda. She turned into Giratina.

About Angie and Indriad: the last time we saw Vitus, he was with Geara trying to create a world without a God. But we saw Indriad fuse with Anju, which turned Angie into the religious monstrosity she is. So is Indriad literally inside Angie, or did he just curse her or something? Because as Sirius, he seems to have abandoned the cultlike ways he adopted as Indriad.

What bothers me about Freya and Keiran is that they basically do not actually do as much damage as they appear at first glance. They're very good at causing "distress" and "suffering", specifically in WLL. But that's it. Basically. Suffering isn't necessarily bad. It's how people choose to respond to it that's bad.

From the results of Freya's work at least, it seems like her goal was to push for Aelita's birth and life growing up. Which is bizarre if she's a villain. She ruined Kenneth and turned him into Keta. But that brought Team Xen to Sheriden. But, what if whoever wanted to see Taelia dead was an enemy of Team Xen? Like maybe Indriad? Assuming they are not allies.

My point is that so far, the actions of the Mysterious Two are really more chaotic, bordering on Chaotic Good, if you look close at Keiran. He sends them to the past to learn more about Sashilla, which is REAAAALLY suspicious because he obviously was waiting on you.

There's another interesting bit I haven't thought about recently. Keiran was attacking Alexandra. That's something worth noting. Keiran helped us so we could go to the top of Valor, something that was otherwise IMPOSSIBLE, and we see Crescent send the mountain climbing contraption away. Which the Mysterious Two decide to attack not long afterword. Maybe they would have intervened if we tried climbing with Saki...? and by teleporting them, Crescent may have saved us a free-for-all like what happens at Eclysia Pyramid.

I found that when you see saki at Valor mountain she is acting different, she speaks weird and she is wearing glasses just like ana is wearing in the underground, I'm pretty sure she is a robot (I remember someone already created this theory so I just added more advance)

Edited by iiiiitamar
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, iiiiitamar said:

I found that when you see saki at Valor mountain she is acting different, she speaks weird and she is wearing glasses just like ana is wearing in the underground, I'm pretty sure she is a robot (I remember someone already created this theory so I just added more advance)

I probably wasn't the first one on here by any stretch to have come up with that, but I did suspect. It was really really weird. If Saki isn't Madame X, she's the robot. And it would make sense how she survives all she does, like being catapulted off the ship for instance. And her eye glowing somehow...

And again, I really, really need that dialogue box captured, but at the mansion, Saki-bot says... something... weird, that sounds like it is out of full context and more alluding not to your pointless activities at the manor but your interactions on Terajuma. Something like, "after all we've been through I trusted you", or something. Please don't quote that. It's vague what's actually in the game but it really got my intuition going.

Alas that it's a scene easily missed, due to the humor, and also possibly a case of the vile, and most hated-but-definitely-slain-by-Reborn-devs line break. Where it's hard to catch what's said. Maybe.

But if she's a robot now, was she always? Surely Braixen could tell if her bestie didn't have a functioning soul or real mind.

Another thing I'm wondering: is the interceptor literally just you? Not the protagonist, the actual player behind the screen. And then maybe when you're controlling a different character, the interceptor's briefly inhabiting someone else's mind. It would explain why you have flashbacks to the intro when you go into the Strange House: the interceptor was inhabiting Maria's mind when you played as her. And it also explains a bit of dialogue in Zone Zero, where Ren is shocked to find out you know something that only he and Aelita saw.

In that case, your role as the interceptor would have NOTHING to do with the protagonist's backstory. If anything, you being the interceptor explains why the protagonist has no memory of their backstory. And this also explains why Saki/Freya talks to you as the interceptor on twitter, when you're not playing the game.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Between Life and Death said:

Another thing I'm wondering: is the interceptor literally just you? Not the protagonist, the actual player behind the screen. And then maybe when you're controlling a different character, the interceptor's briefly inhabiting someone else's mind. It would explain why you have flashbacks to the intro when you go into the Strange House: the interceptor was inhabiting Maria's mind when you played as her. And it also explains a bit of dialogue in Zone Zero, where Ren is shocked to find out you know something that only he and Aelita saw.

In that case, your role as the interceptor would have NOTHING to do with the protagonist's backstory. If anything, you being the interceptor explains why the protagonist has no memory of their backstory. And this also explains why Saki/Freya talks to you as the interceptor on twitter, when you're not playing the game.

This would also be supported by the puppet masters line of 'which mind will you inhabit next' (At least I think that was the line).  It would also explain the MC's lack of a personality when compared to the zone zero flashback with Axel and Aria.

If it is true the we, as the interceptor, are completely separate from the MC then I wonder if they are aware of our influence or if they are as ignorant as the rest of the characters we take control of.

Clearly the MC sees the cutscenes that we do so I wonder if we were to see a cutscene of somewhere else while we were controlling a different character whether they would also see it or if the MC is special in that regard, maybe like a 'main host' or something.

Another thing: if the interceptor is the player, then they were also inhabiting Kenneth's mind during Where Love Lies. That would explain why Freya specifically manipulated Kenneth, and why she and Kieran are trying to do the same to MC. The interceptor is the only one who isn't bound by fate, so one who manipulates the interceptor has fate in their hands.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Between Life and Death said:

Another thing: if the interceptor is the player, then they were also inhabiting Kenneth's mind during Where Love Lies. That would explain why Freya specifically manipulated Kenneth, and why she and Kieran are trying to do the same to MC. The interceptor is the only one who isn't bound by fate, so one who manipulates the interceptor has fate in their hands.

Also they only started messing with Tealia once they became playable, which means that the time duo have almost exclusively (except for the post-Valor incident) targeted people who are being interceptedTM.

This then begs the question of how the time duo know who is being intercepted seeing as not even the target knows and it took Madame X, seemingly one of the most knowledgeable characters in the game, two resurrections to figure it out. My guess would be some sort of tracking device made by whoever built the Core.

Edited by TheHellHamster
  • Like 1

There are 2 issues with us the player being the interceptor.

First if we were controlling the characters that means at some point we would need to control adrest or axel because they were also interceptors

The second issue with us being the interceptor is that when we the player inhabit the mind of another character there is a specific goal we are trying to reach in advance like trying to learn about the interceptor as melia or helping anastasia as ren. When we inhabit other minds we don't have as much control over there actions or how they behave like we do with the mc

3 hours ago, Display name said:

There are 2 issues with us the player being the interceptor.

First if we were controlling the characters that means at some point we would need to control adrest or axel because they were also interceptors

The second issue with us being the interceptor is that when we the player inhabit the mind of another character there is a specific goal we are trying to reach in advance like trying to learn about the interceptor as melia or helping anastasia as ren. When we inhabit other minds we don't have as much control over there actions or how they behave like we do with the mc

I mean, Axel is one of the MCs. Fully agree with 2nd point though.

On 7/26/2020 at 11:56 PM, Between Life and Death said:

If anything, you being the interceptor explains why the protagonist has no memory of their backstory.

Might be misunderstanding what you mean, but would that imply that the characters we control during the game (Melia, Aelita, Ren, if you want to be crazy even Goomink and if we count WLL then Keta and Taelia) would have no memories of their backstory when we play as them? If I am interpreting your statement right, then it has to be consistent with those characters too, but then it ends up contradicting a few events in the game (from the top of my head I'd say when we battle Risa as Aelita).