Theory Crafting Thread

enderowl

4 hours ago, TheHellHamster said:

Also they only started messing with Tealia once they became playable, which means that the time duo have almost exclusively (except for the post-Valor incident) targeted people who are being interceptedTM.

This then begs the question of how the time duo know who is being intercepted seeing as not even the target knows and it took Madame X, seemingly one of the most knowledgeable characters in the game, two resurrections to figure it out. My guess would be some sort of tracking device made by whoever built the Core.

Edited 4 hours ago by TheHellHamster

That or their using her Beheeyem to sense who it is

10 hours ago, Izuko Gaen said:

I mean, Axel is one of the MCs. Fully agree with 2nd point though.

Might be misunderstanding what you mean, but would that imply that the characters we control during the game (Melia, Aelita, Ren, if you want to be crazy even Goomink and if we count WLL then Keta and Taelia) would have no memories of their backstory when we play as them? If I am interpreting your statement right, then it has to be consistent with those characters too, but then it ends up contradicting a few events in the game (from the top of my head I'd say when we battle Risa as Aelita). 

Eh, the player might be the interceptor's "main" host, but they can temporarily inhabit a close friend's mind without them forgetting everything.

I don't know if it's really important for the story but some characters have resemblance with certain pokemon. For Tiempa and Spacea we can see Dialga and Palkia. But there is other.

Spacea:Palkia, control space
Tiempa:Dialga, control time

Comet:Metamorph, can morph in every living beings
Cosmia:Mew,can morph in every living beings (can do it better)

Keiran:Meloetta, because of his voice

Freya: a fusion between Zoroark and Beheeyem

Puppet Master:Darkrai, live and is the master of Nightmare city

Protag/Interceptor: Jirachi or a fusion with Jiraichi and another pokemon

Aelita: Groudon/Regigigas can feel the Earth.

I did this with the pokedex description

Then there is the characters who I have no idea: Madame X, Crescent, Melia and others.

Some Garufan Magic can be a way for a human to have the power of pokemon and all these characters have history with Garufan Magic.

Sorry for my english.

I don't think Aelita and the Protag are pokemons. Aelita has some special powers which are not actually like a pokemon's power. And I don't think any pokemon has the power to control fate. Also u forgot about the one called Griselda. Apparently she becomes giratina. So I think spacea and tiempa are also Palkia and dialga in disguise

The protag is a force from beyond human scope and since aelita is a reincarnatiom of vivian She has a connection to regirock. The protag is fate's hand so unless a pokemon can control fate I don't think he has a connection to any specific pokemon

On 8/6/2020 at 8:35 PM, Display name said:

The protag is a force from beyond human scope and since aelita is a reincarnatiom of vivian She has a connection to regirock. The protag is fate's hand so unless a pokemon can control fate I don't think he has a connection to any specific pokemon

The protagonist could have arceus

In the Final cutscene of v12 Melia Erin Alice Allen turned into the archtype.

Possible that the interceptor existed from the begining alongside Vitus and Nymeria or

also possible that they were the prince who was with nymeria I think her son

Edited by Display name

2 hours ago, Display name said:

In the Final cutscene of v12 Melia Erin Alice Allen turned into the archtype.

Possible that the interceptor existed from the begining alongside Vitus and Nymeria or

also possible that they were the prince who was with nymeria I think her son

iirc the Interceptor is supposed to be from another world which is why they are separate from fate so it's unlikely for them to have been created by Arceus in the very beginning . Also since the Interceptor cannot be older than the Core, something built by people with access to the Archetype, I find it unlikely for there to have been an Interceptor during the Archetype War seeing as Nymeria kept it sealed the whole time until she used it at the end. Granted if the Core was built before then it does seem like the kind of thing there would be an Interceptor for.

11 hours ago, TheHellHamster said:

iirc the Interceptor is supposed to be from another world which is why they are separate from fate so it's unlikely for them to have been created by Arceus in the very beginning . Also since the Interceptor cannot be older than the Core, something built by people with access to the Archetype, I find it unlikely for there to have been an Interceptor during the Archetype War seeing as Nymeria kept it sealed the whole time until she used it at the end. Granted if the Core was built before then it does seem like the kind of thing there would be an Interceptor for.

where are you getting another world from.

I'm not saying that Arceus couldn't have made a being like the Interceptor if they wanted to, I'm saying we have evidence that they didn't and that the Interceptor is a product of the science of the people who made the springs, the Archive, and the Core.

Honestly I wouldn't be that surprised if the Interceptor being a 'last resort' when the universe is in danger turns out to be false and something the Garufa made up to try and explain an otherworldly entity they didn't understand.

The talk about which character could be what pokémon made me realise something. The MC is pretty similar to Nihilego, they are a mysterious being from another world with the ability to control others. Nihilego is also said to possibly not be sentient which reminded me of the MC's notable lack of a personality. I'm not sure if this means anything but I thought it was interesting and worth mentioning.

The MC sometimes seems to be lacking personality because it happens in almost most pokemon games. The protag doesn't talk much or show much emotions. But this doesn't mean that they don't have emotions. I find MC and Aelita to be kinda similar. Both have special powers, both jut popped into existence and both are a result of some sort of magic/ritual/science

Edited by Crystalrage

One thing I don't get is: why did Isha have Giratina? Like, what was the significance of that plot-wise? I had previously assumed that if you didn't release Giratina then Isha would hold onto it indefinitely. But now I've seen what happens if you don't release Giratina (thanks, Nine Icy Tails), and it just escapes after the Isha battle. So what was the significance of Isha having it in the first place? Because the whole thing felt shoehorned in, since it was completely unrelated to Isha's memory experiments. And Giratina ended up exactly where it was before Isha caught it: released and running free. So will there be any relevance to Giratina being in the Hospital of Hope, or was that just unnecessary padding?

14 hours ago, Display name said:

When we say the MC has a lack of personality we ignore very human moments such as the MC's refusal to leave the room after Nancy's death or when they got surprised when nymeria mentioned aderest

I suppose I was referring more to how they seem to have lost whatever personality they used to have, still a very valid point though.

Speaking of which, does the flashback with Aria and Axel change based on the name you've chosen? (I'd assume not?) Because this would mean that along with their past and personality the MC has also forgotten their name right?

yeah since the amount of memories can be overwhelming the interceptor represses the memories so they can judge fairly and so they don't have what happened at the pyramid

(a previous interceptor using the current one to talk out of)

9 hours ago, Between Life and Death said:

One thing I don't get is: why did Isha have Giratina? Like, what was the significance of that plot-wise? I had previously assumed that if you didn't release Giratina then Isha would hold onto it indefinitely. But now I've seen what happens if you don't release Giratina (thanks, Nine Icy Tails), and it just escapes after the Isha battle. So what was the significance of Isha having it in the first place? Because the whole thing felt shoehorned in, since it was completely unrelated to Isha's memory experiments. And Giratina ended up exactly where it was before Isha caught it: released and running free. So will there be any relevance to Giratina being in the Hospital of Hope, or was that just unnecessary padding?

The only thing I can think of would be if it was somehow related to his 'gift'. Personally my question is how did he get Giratina in the first place? I mean Indriad makes sense because he has magic and stuff but Isha is just a guy, albeit a guy with some advanced memory tech but nothing that would let him catch and store a legendary without anyone knowing.

Edited by TheHellHamster