Theory Crafting Thread

enderowl

I like the idea of Ren being a light because of his body, that's clever.

I think Aelita, Indriad, Nymiria and Kanon are the only major characters who we know definitely count as 'not born of man' so far (and I'm fairly sure we can rule out Indriad). Melia being a potential light would have to depend on whether her and her siblings literally ARE the archetype, or were just given its power somehow, because if its the latter then they would have to have been born normal and would therefore not be able to be lights.

11 hours ago, Display name said:

he betrayed us but not to be malicious but he is just a normal guy but he has a robot body so ren might be betrayal or he might be a light bc of his robot body

Yes, he wasn't doing it out of malice, and regrets it now, but remember that this prophecy isn't very specific. If it doesn't really care about who fulfils a role, would it care about the specifics of why they fulfil it? Regardless of his reasons, Ren did betray us, and considering what happens to members of Team Xen who fall out of order, his betrayal looks like it's gonna be pretty permanent.

Ren could also potentially fulfil the dark prophecy by joining us again thereby betraying Team Xen instead.

Edit: May have forgotten that the dark one was about destroying the world for a moment there...

Edited by TheHellHamster

1 hour ago, PulsarNyx said:

Small Theory: The fact that Mosely's birth parents want to send her to military school entails the existence of an active Aevium army.

It seems to be quite ineffective since people like Team Xen run around opposed only by a few people.

Didn't her parent wanted her to go to a medical school?

But i think aevium, much like reborn is more of a wildwest situation: they are a federation of sort but each city owner pretty much does the law: you see this with kenneth and taelia, and also with mattwew and amber: despite being accused of arson, they were simply exiled and are free to go wherever else as they please(to be fair it helps that the city pretty much only wanted a scape goat and didn't really seriously looked for a culprit, not that they could have found the true perpetrators).Narcissa was also able to lock out her village for years with no external opposition whatsoever, even if we know that they blocked the  land way to akuwa town.

Meanwhile, GDC is free to uphold death sentences, and no one but the bad land citizen did anything about the team xen attempted genocide.Those variety of situation are incompatible with any centralised governement,even one ruled by psychopaths.

1 hour ago, Mindlack said:

I can’t remember any game event that suggested that GDC could do that. What are you thinking of? 

If flora is captured the judge will suggest to give her a death sentence.Florin will intetject in that case, and himself may or may not be a victim depending of your choices

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Display name said:

Aevium Feels like a group of independent towns and cities sort of encompassing the region there is very little shared culture. Also each town almost has different laws and customs as well as different ways to select leaders

the ways iirc arent different, it's usually just the strongest/most relevant trainer in town, either according to the league or by referral

anyways, question: is/was crescent aligned with indriad? if we assume that indriad was the one with the yveltal who set keta's house on fire (wll), and crescent the one who set on fire wispy tower, wouldn't it make sense? although there is one weird detail which should be pointed out: indriad was apparently able to spy on team xen (an organisation which for most of its existence has been underground) but couldn't use it to figure out who vivian's reincarnation was and that nora wasn't at the radio tower?

this is probably stupid though, especially since the red haired time traveler says the other person hunting down keta (or rather taelia/aelita) was a he, and the only person who's a he and has/is linked to yveltal is indriad.

also, almost all actions she's taken against xen also indirectly benefit indriad (with madame x being opposed to him and all that), but it's probably not too relevant

that also begs the questions:

- is she still aligned with indriad?

- if yes, why does she help the player?

- part 2: is indriad then far more connected to the player?

- if she isn't still aligned with indriad, why?

finally, 

putting this here to not necropost, but there's another piece of information which could actually prove this, specifically melanie killing the "children of nymiera". that would imply that either melanie or the person behind her (indriad?) would bear hate towards nymiera (otherwise why specifically name nymiera?), given that most people in alternate future either don't know about her or respect her

Indriad wants to either control or destroy the world.Who knows what crescent want but considering her nightmare city appearace clearly world destruction is not something she vibes with.But i think she helped indriad because whatever the red haired time traveler wanted to accomplish by releasing the seal and killing taelia would be an opportunity for all those that know what it means. i figure they all wish to use that power differently

2 hours ago, nam23 said:

Indriad wants to either control or destroy the world.Who knows what crescent want but considering her nightmare city appearace clearly world destruction is not something she vibes with.But i think she helped indriad because whatever the red haired time traveler wanted to accomplish by releasing the seal and killing taelia would be an opportunity for all those that know what it means. i figure they all wish to use that power differently

maybe that's why she would leave indriad then, because she'd figured out that indriad wanted to destroy the world. could also be just a temporary alliance (like time travelers with madame x, even though i'm not really sure that's a real alliance even)

Random idea: is it possible that, actually, the only reason why Wispy Tower was burnt was that Vitus (under an alias) was inside and working on some shady stuff? After all, it'd be child's play for Crescent or Indriad to strike down Nora without burning an entire tower (where she actually wasn't^^).  

Also, can we really say that Crescent helped the player? Apart atop Mount Valor (and that was showing off since we know we didn't need her actually), she never helps us, rather helping herself, blasting Team Xen wherever she finds them, and making sure we see her in a good light. A far better help would have been to, well, hint at what was going on and give us the reasons why we shouldn't get involved (and why the Xens had involved us anyway). It actually seems like she's more trying to prevent us from learning anything than anything else. But of course, that could be reverse psychology. 

Just now, Mindlack said:

Random idea: is it possible that, actually, the only reason why Wispy Tower was burnt was that Vitus (under an alias) was inside and working on some shady stuff? After all, it'd be child's play for Crescent or Indriad to strike down Nora without burning an entire tower.  

Also, can we really say that Crescent helped the player? Apart atop Mount Valor (and that was showing off since we know we didn't need her actually), she never helps us, rather helping herself, blasting Team Xen wherever she finds them, and making sure we see her in a good light. A far better help would have been to, well, hint at what was going on and give us the reasons why we shouldn't get involved (and why the Xens had involved us anyway). It actually seems like she's more trying to prevent us from learning anything than anything else. But of course, that could be reverse psychology. 

vitus was inside and working on some shady stuff, it's already known from the dufaux sidequest. but i believe that burning it down was meant to be some sort of symbolism, seeing as the other 2 events that lead to keta's demise (the gearen city incident and sheridan burning down) are related to fire

also yes, we can say that crescent helps the player, or atleast does that indirectly in carotos mountain (where she saves the player and aelita from the cave's collapse) and when she brings aelita to the healer (+ defends, or attempts to, against the mysterious figures). debatably she helped the player on the ss oceana, gothitelle could either just have been stupid and sent them off to augustus' room as a joke (as trolling the player is a gothitelle trope) or only could send them there.

i think a possible reason crescent doesn't want us to learn anything (even if she isn't aligned with indriad) might be because of the mc's past: remember, we don't know anything about it so there might be a detail which explains why we can't know anything (repressed memories like in the hiyoshi city town possibly, or even memories from a past interceptor).

On 10/18/2020 at 2:30 AM, \/agrant said:

the ways iirc arent different, it's usually just the strongest/most relevant trainer in town, either according to the league or by referral

anyways, question: is/was crescent aligned with indriad? if we assume that indriad was the one with the yveltal who set keta's house on fire (wll), and crescent the one who set on fire wispy tower, wouldn't it make sense? although there is one weird detail which should be pointed out: indriad was apparently able to spy on team xen (an organisation which for most of its existence has been underground) but couldn't use it to figure out who vivian's reincarnation was and that nora wasn't at the radio tower?

this is probably stupid though, especially since the red haired time traveler says the other person hunting down keta (or rather taelia/aelita) was a he, and the only person who's a he and has/is linked to yveltal is indriad.

also, almost all actions she's taken against xen also indirectly benefit indriad (with madame x being opposed to him and all that), but it's probably not too relevant

that also begs the questions:

- is she still aligned with indriad?

- if yes, why does she help the player?

- part 2: is indriad then far more connected to the player?

- if she isn't still aligned with indriad, why?

finally, 

putting this here to not necropost, but there's another piece of information which could actually prove this, specifically melanie killing the "children of nymiera". that would imply that either melanie or the person behind her (indriad?) would bear hate towards nymiera (otherwise why specifically name nymiera?), given that most people in alternate future either don't know about her or respect her

Oh yes, that was a part of the theory that I forgot to mention. And Indriad probably viewed all women as children of Nymiera because Nymiera was the first woman.

As for Crescent being aligned with Indriad, it would explain many things. On the other hand, why on earth would she be? Why would a former storm chaser who went rogue (probably because she found out something she should have) align herself with a death cult bent on destroying the world as we know it?

2 hours ago, Between Life and Death said:

Oh yes, that was a part of the theory that I forgot to mention. And Indriad probably viewed all women as children of Nymiera because Nymiera was the first woman.

As for Crescent being aligned with Indriad, it would explain many things. On the other hand, why on earth would she be? Why would a former storm chaser who went rogue (probably because she found out something she should have) align herself with a death cult bent on destroying the world as we know it?

i think she might have aligned herself with indriad before going with the stormchasers, anyways she have had a temporary alliance with indriad (or even not an alliance, maybe she was forced to seeing as through angie we know indriad has a tendency to know others' secrets) or indriad's ideas changed over time (seeing as it would seem like initially his goal was to make a new world). she could've also lived through the alternate future as well and stopped following him, but i doubt. jan has said that we'd know more about indriad's backstory, which might give some insight.

Did cresent really help us on valor mountain she didn't save our life we are the interceptor so it's not like she did much until she came over with the mewtwo. I thought her goal was nim so she came to us fed nim false memories and set her against us

20 minutes ago, Display name said:

Did cresent really help us on valor mountain she didn't save our life we are the interceptor so it's not like she did much until she came over with the mewtwo. I thought her goal was nim so she came to us fed nim false memories and set her against us

don't think she necessarily saved us there (she admits to that in the sequence after all, which is something some people forget), but there are instances (carotos) where she actually does save the mc. don't think the immediate goal at that point was nim though (although it was probably going to be her next move), rather ensuring xen was defeated

7 hours ago, Between Life and Death said:

She purposely didn't set Nim against US though. She told Nim that everyone else had betrayed her, but that the player had remained by her side.

She might as well have. By this point she knows we'd protect our friends with little regard for our own safety.

• Upvote 1