Theory Crafting Thread

enderowl

Just a thought i had given the nature of the Protagonist and how they are essentially immortal. My main thought was how does the interceptor return to life after dying? I feel like the Protagonist is linked to Xerneas. I don't really have much to base this on other than the fact that it truly makes our hero a foil to Madame X and her Yveltal, and the dex entries for Xerneas repeatedly state it can share eternal life. Just a thought. It'd be cool if we got to fight Madame X and her Yveltal alongside Xerneas in the climax.

On 10/27/2020 at 6:06 AM, Display name said:

It would make sense but the issue is that some of the interceptor's are not created naturally and we don't know if the protag is one of those

That may be. But that doesn't mean the MC can't catch and use Xerneas on their team. Besides wouldn't that also be keeping the player from using certain Legendaries?

On 10/26/2020 at 11:54 PM, LiterateTerrarian said:

Just a thought i had given the nature of the Protagonist and how they are essentially immortal. My main thought was how does the interceptor return to life after dying? I feel like the Protagonist is linked to Xerneas. I don't really have much to base this on other than the fact that it truly makes our hero a foil to Madame X and her Yveltal, and the dex entries for Xerneas repeatedly state it can share eternal life. Just a thought. It'd be cool if we got to fight Madame X and her Yveltal alongside Xerneas in the climax.

There actually is other things to base this theory on;

Like the fact Xerneas hasn't been seen in the game yet (as of V12), despite being the main Legendary of the game and even the game's icon. So, there's a possibility it may show up in version V13.

Spoiler

image.png.bb1aa9c39fee175016d09050dd491d4f.png

The only question is: who will use it?

I for one, would rather the MC using it, then someone else... (and it's not just because i want to use it.)

Because it would be crappy if the story built up to that point and then had someone else catch the thing instead of us. Like, I don't know, Melia?

You may defeat Madame X. But you may never have my giant reindeer!

10 hours ago, Star Delight said:

That may be. But that doesn't mean the MC can't catch and use Xerneas on their team. Besides wouldn't that also be keeping the player from using certain Legendaries?

Like the fact Xerneas hasn't been seen in the game yet (as of V12), despite being the main Legendary of the game and even the game's icon. So, there's a possibility it may show up in version V13.

Hide contents

I for one, would rather the MC using it, then someone else... (and it's not just because i want to use it.)

Because it would be crappy if the story built up to that point and then had someone else catch the thing instead of us. Like, I don't know, Melia?

doubt the mc's gonna use it, remember that it's associated to nymiera (especially seeing as she's indriad's counterpart, who at the very least had control over yveltal, xerneas' counterpart) . either it's her or someone related to the garufa. likely not alexandra (already has latias, would be overkill for her to have 2 legendaries), which is why i'm guessing nymiera will still have it when she comes back (recall the "we'll meet when the obelisk rises again" comment). although, the question remains, what happened to her after the indriad raid? if she's still alive then she's probably gonna have xerneas, otherwise we're at a standstill (maybe a new character)

anyways for the overkill argument i can extend it to melia as well, she's pretty much fully connected to arceus so her having xerneas being overkill as well would be an understatement

On 10/29/2020 at 2:55 PM, Star Delight said:

Hide contents

I mean, we already have Zygarde. Two legendaries amongst this particular trio seems overkill storywise. And it's not like Melia is automatically going to get it. And even is she did... So what? We're going to get it regardless, since every pokemon will be available by the final version.

11 hours ago, Tikkit said:

I mean, we already have Zygarde. Two legendaries amongst this particular trio seems overkill storywise. And it's not like Melia is automatically going to get it. And even is she did... So what? We're going to get it regardless, since every pokemon will be available by the final version.

Yeah, that is true. But doesn't the player get to decide weather or not they use Zygarde?

Also, the comment about Melia was just a joke. I'm sorry if it wasn't funny...

On 10/31/2020 at 6:09 PM, Star Delight said:

Yeah, that is true. But doesn't the player get to decide weather or not they use Zygarde?

Also, the comment about Melia was just a joke. I'm sorry if it wasn't funny...

i think zygarde does make sense as the MC's legendary. given the interceptor works as a balancer of sorts when the world is in a dire situation, zygarde's dex entry is consistent with the role of the interceptor. if this is right, then we'd also have confirmation of the theory that nymiera and indriad's places in the world are respectively raw good and raw evil.

also no need to worry about the melia joke, i just was overanalytical lol

Edited by \/agrant

• 4 weeks later...

So, according to the Archive on route 6, if the Interceptor (us) were to ever leave the range of the Core, for example, going to space, then they would lose consciousness. If this is true, then why didn't we black out upon going to the Unown dimension?

Any ideas?

23 hours ago, TheHellHamster said:

So, according to the Archive on route 6, if the Interceptor (us) were to ever leave the range of the Core, for example, going to space, then they would lose consciousness. If this is true, then why didn't we black out upon going to the Unown dimension?

Any ideas?

Plot hole or the Unown Dimension somehow falls within range of the Core.

Perhaps the portal to the Unown dimension remained open so the Core's 'influence' or what have you was able to travel through with us?

Though I guess that wouldn't explain the that time we fight Nim in some other dimension. My guess would be that the Core's range just happens to extend into alternate dimensions on it's own and that's how Garufa Inc. found the Interceptor in the first place?

Edited by TheHellHamster

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Display name said:

Or a third possibility they lied so the interceptor wouldn't try leaving

doubt they knew that the mc was the interceptor

also: based off WLL, taelia has a strong reaction to nihilego, claiming (either her or cera) that it was the thing she saw "that day"

if "that day" is storm-9, does it mean nihilego caused s-9?

in which case could the:

- time traveling duo have been allied with indriad since then (in support of i forgot who's theory here)

- time traveling "duo" have more people (so it's not red haired/kieran only, which could make sense since they're connected to ultra beasts)

although i suppose a few questions turn up immediately, like how would vivian's blessing stop nihilego?

Ayo, found myself wondering about aevium champion. There might be some logical mistakes in my theory since i might not remember some details etc. So I believe it is strongly hinted that champion is unknown or at least not showing up for important moments And so on. At first i thought Alexandra could be a champion, but after some brainstorming I’ve come to a question - what if the MC is the champion? Amanda mentions that this is not our first time in the region. Also, the fight against the champion is like the final battle of the game, And I can not see a villain which would be interested in the pokemon league. What if the league challenge is vice versa, where we defend the title instead of conquering one? 

4 hours ago, Benja said:

Ayo, found myself wondering about aevium champion. There might be some logical mistakes in my theory since i might not remember some details etc. So I believe it is strongly hinted that champion is unknown or at least not showing up for important moments And so on. At first i thought Alexandra could be a champion, but after some brainstorming I’ve come to a question - what if the MC is the champion? Amanda mentions that this is not our first time in the region. Also, the fight against the champion is like the final battle of the game, And I can not see a villain which would be interested in the pokemon league. What if the league challenge is vice versa, where we defend the title instead of conquering one? 

1 - mc is canonically around the age of 18. unless they became a champion at like 13 or something this theory doesn't hold up

2 - you'd expect someone from the league to take notice (yeah i suppose you can argue that more recent leaders wouldn't remember the mc but unless all leaders have been there for no more than a few years it's unlikely)

3 - wll shows that keta became a gym leader not too long before the mc arrives in sheridan for the first time (aelita looks the same age as she does in chapter 2), the league being established has been therefore a somewhat recent event 

I think what amanda meant by "mc has already been to aevium is that  one or many of their previous incarnation as interceptor did roam the region before(like adrest was probably)

It s possible that the current mc used to be in aevium and either didn't tell anybody or have faulty memories(probably the latter) but if they did wharever notable thing they did then is not related to the big picture, or is but in a way we have no way to know yet

17 hours ago, nam23 said:

I think what amanda meant by "mc has already been to aevium is that  one or many of their previous incarnation as interceptor did roam the region before(like adrest was probably)

It s possible that the current mc used to be in aevium and either didn't tell anybody or have faulty memories(probably the latter) but if they did wharever notable thing they did then is not related to the big picture, or is but in a way we have no way to know yet

Could even go one step ahead and say that us being in the Past of Aevium counts towards this. I'm not sure how exactly Amanda would know this, but its not the strangest thing to happen.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

It should be extremely obvious to everyone already, but all the evidence says that Madame X is Melia. I almost bought the Saki theory, but Madame X's old full team in previous versions didn't have a single steel type and was just a really boring mash of powerful mons (Hydreigon, Volcarona, Goodra, Garchomp, Salamence) along with her Yveltal. aki also doesn't mention Freya, even though in that version Kieran already existed to give emotion powder. First of all, in the doomed future, she talks about how Amber is a 'brat is this timeline as well', like she knows Amber personally enough to find her annoying across different timelines.  In the same episode there's also the timing of Madame X and Melia talking about how they both never knew their respective mothers. Her line when you beat her up in Blacksteeple, "Father, I have lost', is word for word one of the things Melanie says, and we know Melanie is a Melia.

Finally, there's her appearance under the mask. She has black hair. You know who else has black hair? Maria's (who is 99.9999999% Melia) mother, Anathea, according to the hospital records. Why do they have different hair colours? Remember the notes on the Archetype in the Archive, and how exposure to it can change subjects golden, and if removed can either leave people permanently golden or reverted to their old looks. So Madame X is a Melia who's lost the power of the Archetype and wants to take it from this Melia. Or maybe she's Erin. Also don't ask why Madame X hasn't been deleted by the universe I guess it's her suit or she spends most of her time going time traveling to stay safe, I'm sure Jan will make something up again.

The one thing that doesn't add up is her goals. Indriad wants to destroy the world, which is understandable if he's had to interact with most of the characters of the game, but Madame X seems to be trying to stop him. She's even trying to safely destroy his(?) Yveltal to put an end to things. Why would she lament failing her father Indriad when she's trying to oppose him? Unless in her timeline Indriad was a good guy. Or if she was also adopted by Jenner or a similar figure who was a good guy.

• Hmm 1

• 2 weeks later...

The one thing that doesn't add up is her goals. Indriad wants to destroy the world, which is understandable if he's had to interact with most of the characters of the game, but Madame X seems to be trying to stop him. She's even trying to safely destroy his(?) Yveltal to put an end to things

well damn you pull no punches

You certainly gives good argument for that old theory(it has never been a bad one but it sounds so easy it could be a red herring)

there s also this line

Spoiler

image.png.731356310379734dce93237af1a45447.png

She says this when she ask if defeating her would even be a good thing

Now it can be coincidental, but prioritizing the suffering of the many is something melia learned in the future arc so it s possible that madame x is her going extreme in that direction

though there are some i feel looks off

FIn the same episode there's also the timing of Madame X and Melia talking about how they both never knew their respective mothers. Her line when you beat her up in Blacksteeple, "Father, I have lost', is word for word one of the things Melanie says, and we know Melanie is a Melia.

Finally, there's her appearance under the mask. She has black hair. You know who else has black hair?

I reckon madame x said her mother died protecting her similar to nancy.now i don't believe mc=madame x if only because mc can be a male, but that makes one difference between them

Spoiler

image.png.011f094bf252fcd181c4a48193da3ff2.png

In this picture i can't really make out what i see but i m not sure if it s an eye, her being dark skinned or hair.It would be weird for it to be hair though since it s in front of her face

If it s dark skin it would tend more to her being nim/aleandra/some nimiera descendant

But the point that conflict the most with the theory is an off comment madame x says

Spoiler

When melia recollect having seen venam in the bad future before awakening her power, madame x makes a sarcasm about how it must be the power of friendship or similar crap

But then later when melia remember that comment she mocks it because madame x cannot see that her relationship with venam is more than friendship.If madame x was venam she would know that

But it s not a theory shattering point because

1) a melia turned madame x may not want to out herself

2)it s possible the madame x persona was made from a version of melia who doesn't know venam, or who never developped their relationship to romantic, or who never realized she liked women

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno if anybody is interested, but I feel like speculating a bit about the Player Character cuz they're one of the more interesting characters to me in this game

So reading the various theories people have, it seems a lot of people speculate that Crecent is PC's mom. I find this theory interesting and wouldn't mind if it was true. But what bothers me about peoples "proof" of this is how it's based on her saying "she wishes to see the PC smile/be happy" and in general being a sort of antagnost, always trying to stop the PC from progressing in the story.
How I interpert Crecent's wish is that it implies the PC hasn't been allowed to be happy or smile for an unknown amount of time. And based off of the PC's quote-on-quote "lack of personality", I see it more as the PC being a trauma victim. Their stoic personality, lack of talking and surpressed memories seems to me like they may have experienced something traumatic before the events of the game. Especially concidering they literally have a mental breakdown at this house from the past.
So it's confirmed that the PC we play as is an "Interceptor", someone above fate who can alter it based on their judgement of the people around them. I have this strange feeling our PC wasn't always the Intercepter and was perhaps forced into this role? I just find it strange how the PC would have all these seemingly normal, even happy memories if they were always desitined to be the Interceptor. So I thought they might've been forcefully taken away from their normal life and forced to become the Interceptor to save this universe. I mean, think about the amount of burden and stress it must be to know that you are the only one who can save or doom this universe? So what would be a logical thing to do? To surpress those memories of your old self and become someone essentionally "neutral" in order to furfill the role as the Interceptor. My theory is that whatever.....person or creature that possess the PC in the Pyramid scene is the real Interceptor. Don't....really have anything to back it up on, but it's just what I think. I just can't buy into the theory that the player is the Interceptor seeing as the PC isn't a comeplete blank-slate and has a backstory.

As for Crecent.....she seems also like someone who is above fate to an extent. She's not as free as our PC is, but she is able to alter it too. So it could be she wants to prevent the PC from becoming the Interceptor since it involves a lot of suffering, difficult choices and even self-sacrifice for the sake of people we barely know (in the beginning anyways).  Crecent seem to value the PC's well-being above all else. This doesn't mean she can't be their mom, but I just thought her motivations could be simply not wanting the PC to suffer anymore since they might never have concented to being in this position in the first place. Probably not likely, but I thought I might give this as a food-for-thought.

(Also for those who complain that the PC in Rejuvenation has no personality, take a moment to compare them to the PC from Reborn. I find Reborns PC a lot more stoic, even lifeless as compared to Rejuventions PC. Even if it isn't much, there are these small moments showing some humanity from the PC like reacting when something happens to their friends or blocking Melia from the Yveltal attack. Reborns PC barely reacts to Corey's suicide or Kiki's murder. Don't mean to rant on Reborn, just felt the complain about Rejuvenations PC being lifeless is kinda unfair)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1