Theory Crafting Thread

enderowl

OK

more of a subject change but

what happened to the Protectors of Aevium?

we know Vivian died

and Anju was captured by Indriad when they fought him

and Hazuki somehow got out of there

but that begs the question

how exacty did hazuki get out?

and my answer is

Thomas saved Hazuki since he is one of the powerful families 

but that begs the two more questions

1.Why did he save Hazuki? Was it because he knew that if Hazuki dies he would not gain access to her riches and sth?

2.What happened to Nymiera? Did Indriad defeat them?

and my answers are-

1.Yes, he knew what would happen if Hazuki died so he pulled her out

2. Indriad defeated them and killed Nymiera

yes, i know that sounds unlikely but that sounds most likely

What d'you guys think?

On 2/9/2021 at 4:04 PM, sayar said:

OK

more of a subject change but

what happened to the Protectors of Aevium?

we know Vivian died

and Anju was captured by Indriad when they fought him

and Hazuki somehow got out of there

but that begs the question

how exacty did hazuki get out?

and my answer is

Thomas saved Hazuki since he is one of the powerful families 

but that begs the two more questions

1.Why did he save Hazuki? Was it because he knew that if Hazuki dies he would not gain access to her riches and sth?

2.What happened to Nymiera? Did Indriad defeat them?

and my answers are-

1.Yes, he knew what would happen if Hazuki died so he pulled her out

2. Indriad defeated them and killed Nymiera

yes, i know that sounds unlikely but that sounds most likely

What d'you guys think?

Considering the battle took place underground, Thomas would have to go down and find her, which I doubt he would do (it’s not impossible tho) because Indriad and Gardevoir warn him to never meet again, and he doesn’t seem like the type to risk his life for some girl when he could get more money.  

I think we might get an explanation of what happened for Hazuki next version, but I think that Nymiera and Anju probably wanted at least one of them to escape and tell the story of what happened so maybe they bought time for her to escape from hiyoshi. There also the possibility that something happened involving yveltal and xerneas, given that everyone was turned to stone

As for Nymiera, I think she might be sealed away or something of the sort, because she said “we’ll meet when the Obelisk emerges” which I think might be related to the Core mentioned in the Archives, so she must be alive, or maybe it is a kasumi situation (end of the goomy quest) where she’ll appear as a ghost. Who knows?

What i want to know is just what purpose Indriad gets out of fusing with anju. Maybe he wants access to the Springs?

Well, we know that Anju survived and kidnapped, as we can meet her in Indrad's mansion when we traverse it with Marianette. She says that she needs to stay there to "protect someone", whoever that may be. It might be her son, as she tells us to show it to her loved ones. We'll most likely find out in V13, as it seems to take us to Angie's mansion up north. 

I'm about to go to sleep as it's late here but I am preparing for the big Dufaux battle in the Narcissa side quest and am putting some pieces together that we receive during Narcy's exploration of her future. 

First of all, it's revealed that Narcissa's late husband Sirius is in fact another alias of Vitus and that he had a "son" who wasn't blood related to him but whom he found as an infant.

Recall, at the end of the past-Sheridan/Vivian event Anju leaves to return to home to an infant son.

Anju is also kidnapped and imprisoned at some point by Vitus/Indraid.

Judging by her appearance and inquiry of Hiyoshi City this is probably not long after our little detour to past Hiyoshi City on our way to rift Hippowdon where if you talk to her at some point while she's at a vendor in the shopping area she tells you she's having a custom amulet made. I presume this the amulet that's been sitting on our bag forever if you visited her in her prison in the Marble Mansion. 

The fate of her infant son is never revealed. 

I think the "son" that Vitus "found" as an infant, Gregory is Anju's son. 

This also puts some context as to how she turned into the cold psychopath who froze over Kristiline City. 

On a side note: I'm now getting the feeling that "Sirius" isn't actually dead.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So I read some theories and have some questions tbh. Also gonna post some random theories that I had myself but it seems others had the same idea...

I was reading some random pages of this and saw some mention that the Yveltal that Madame X uses is someone else (the evil guy from the mansion I think?). Is this a theory and if so what is the reason why people think this or is there something in the game that supports this? Just curious.

I also saw some people mention that they think Madame X is Melia, but this makes no sense to me. If this was the case then she could just overlap with her and take her power. She clearly should have had a chance to do so by now. but has yet to do that. She could have done it in the ruined future then just overlapped with the Melia in the past also. Additionally, if she is Melia, she too should have those powers, she should not need to take Melia's light if she herself is Melia.

Also, what do people think of the Nancy is a maid theory? Seems pretty interesting and the facts seem to support it, feels like it would be pointless to mention that maids can become flesh and blood if they live for long enough if that served no purpose in game, not to mention how Madame X refers to her as a "doll", also the MC does not seem like a normal person since you know, they are a semi-immortal demi god basically, how would one give birth to such a person?

Lastly, the Xenpurgis is probably related to the vaccines as other people have said, seems like a simple explanation.

2 hours ago, Tikkit said:

Honestly, I've long since accepted the Nancy is a maid theory, but don't particularly like it. Probably because it could lead into the whole Crescent is our mom theory, and I r e a l l y hate that.

I personally think the MC does not have any mother. They are a magical entity that can go against fate and come back from the dead. Why would they need

to have a mother? Maybe they just "appeared".

I seem to recall that when the interceptor is talked about it is said that is a being that appears when needed, which is why I feel like this may simply be the case and that the MC just appeared... 

Crescent was able to find them for w/e reason (maybe with the help of the space and time ladies(?) or something) and put them under the care of Nancy. 

But that's just a theory, a GAME THEORY, thanks for watching!

On 2/15/2021 at 4:41 AM, Lucifer Morningstar said:

The fate of her infant son is never revealed. 

I think the "son" that Vitus "found" as an infant, Gregory is Anju's son. 

This also puts some context as to how she turned into the cold psychopath who froze over Kristiline City. 

On a side note: I'm now getting the feeling that "Sirius" isn't actually dead.  

Geara is the son of the couple who lived next to Gregorian Lake, and then got stuck in the Voidal Chasm. After getting out of there, the father mentions having a son while in the chasm, and naming him after the lake. So that was definitely Gregory, or Geara as he's now known.

I'm pretty sure Anju's son is Neved, but I'm not sure if that's been confirmed.

11 hours ago, Between Life and Death said:

Geara is the son of the couple who lived next to Gregorian Lake, and then got stuck in the Voidal Chasm. After getting out of there, the father mentions having a son while in the chasm, and naming him after the lake. So that was definitely Gregory, or Geara as he's now known.

Ah. I didn't get the dialoged about his children because I advised him return to Sashilla. I only realized that dialogue existed when I watched someone else on Youtube tell him to continue into the Chasm.

I do vaguely remember something about a son named after the Gregorian Lake but I thought he was referencing his unborn child whom his wife was pregnant with when they went into the Chasm together. 

Are we sure Gregory is Geara?

11 hours ago, Between Life and Death said:

I'm pretty sure Anju's son is Neved, but I'm not sure if that's been confirmed.

What evidence is there to support that?

9 hours ago, Feng Lei said:

I was sure it was Kreiss... and he just doesn't realize because she was taken by Indriad while he was an infant...

I love this thought. It would be quite brilliant if she unwittingly pulled something of an Oedipus on her son. 

Just a bit ago, I completed V12 and first let me establish that Isha/Isiah just became my favorite Pokemon fangame villain matched only by Nyx in Insurgence. 

He reminded me of an antagonist in Criminal Minds who'd murdered his abusive religious extremist father and then was so consumed with guilt that he developed a split personality to pseudo-resurrect him (at least I'm pretty sure it was out of guilt but it's been a long time).

During his reveal story, I made a connection. 

Isha/Isiah had established that we ventured into their original home in Zone Zero. This has to be the house where our character, Ren and Aelita find Isiah's dairy with all the contents ripped out. Remember there was a damaged stasis pod in that house with a table opposite. Aelita had freaked and bailed when she saw that the pod had an occupant. 
If you interact with it you'll get the text: "There's someone inside this capsule but...". 

It was Isiah's body in that pod wasn't it (which would definitely be gross at this point so I don't blame Aelita)?

We clearly haven't seen the last of Isha/Isiah. It seemed stupid of him to announce a large scale threat in front of Officer Jenny but I have a feeling he did that on purpose as some form of distraction. 

I am looking very forward to more of him and to hopefully return to some other loose ends such as:
- Anju's transformation into Angie and Angie's current whereabouts and doings in the present.
- Valarie's amnesia
- Saki's whereabouts

- Adrest and our connection to him.

- Whether Crescent is trustworthy or not. I've been going back and forth with that. 

Actually, backtracking to Zone Zero again, something is bugging me a bit. 
When we first enter Zone Zero, if you go into the old jailhouse, there is a Puppet Master box inside the cell where Mayor Raphael and Gloria were locked up. After I believe you defeat Rift Gloria, the box will be gone. 
This is also the last place Rhodea is seen after understandably becoming very uncomfortable being back in her childhood hometown. 
Considering it's location, was the box for her and did she take it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Just a bit ago, I completed V12 and first let me establish that Isha/Isiah just became my favorite Pokemon fangame villain matched only by Nyx in Insurgence. 

He reminded me of an antagonist in Criminal Minds who'd murdered his abusive religious extremist father and then was so consumed with guilt that he developed a split personality to pseudo-resurrect him (at least I'm pretty sure it was out of guilt but it's been a long time).

During his reveal story, I made a connection. 

Isha/Isiah had established that we ventured into their original home in Zone Zero. This has to be the house where our character, Ren and Aelita find Isiah's dairy with all the contents ripped out. Remember there was a damaged stasis pod in that house with a table opposite. Aelita had freaked and bailed when she saw that the pod had an occupant. 
If you interact with it you'll get the text: "There's someone inside this capsule but...". 

It was Isiah's body in that pod wasn't it (which would definitely be gross at this point so I don't blame Aelita)?

We clearly haven't seen the last of Isha/Isiah. It seemed stupid of him to announce a large scale threat in front of Officer Jenny but I have a feeling he did that on purpose as some form of distraction. 

I am looking very forward to more of him and to hopefully return to some other loose ends such as:
- Anju's transformation into Angie and Angie's current whereabouts and doings in the present.
- Valarie's amnesia
- Saki's whereabouts

- Adrest and our connection to him.

- Whether Crescent is trustworthy or not. I've been going back and forth with that. 

Actually, backtracking to Zone Zero again, something is bugging me a bit. 
When we first enter Zone Zero, if you go into the old jailhouse, there is a Puppet Master box inside the cell where Mayor Raphael and Gloria were locked up. After I believe you defeat Rift Gloria, the box will be gone. 
This is also the last place Rhodea is seen after understandably becoming very uncomfortable being back in her childhood hometown. 
Considering it's location, was the box for her and did she take it?

Yeah the box was pretty clearly for Rhodea. What was in it? Who knows!

Valaries Amnesia is clearly the work of the doctor, same with everyone else (like Adam). He was trying to do the same to Braxien. 

Nymeria seems to think the MC is Adrest, so maybe your a reincarnation or are literally the same person? You have some repressed memories of that house in the city for example...

Crescent is trustworthy if you only care about the MC. If you care about anyone else then she is clearly not trustworthy. She sent Nim (or w/e they are called now) to turn a bunch of people to stone, that is clearly not trustworthy. Also Crescent takes credit for saving you at Valor Mountain, but that is probably not the case considering what the Interceptor is. Honestly, I feel she is very suspicious, but I don't think she wants the MC to get hurt.

10 hours ago, pizzagod13 said:

Nymeria seems to think the MC is Adrest, so maybe your a reincarnation or are literally the same person? You have some repressed memories of that house in the city for example...

At the moment, I'm going with reincarnation. 
The PC experiences moments of seemingly being able to internally communicate with Adrest and recalling his memories. These are the some of the same patterns of behavior as Aelita with Vivian and Taelia. 

10 hours ago, pizzagod13 said:

Crescent is trustworthy if you only care about the MC. If you care about anyone else then she is clearly not trustworthy. She sent Nim (or w/e they are called now) to turn a bunch of people to stone, that is clearly not trustworthy. Also Crescent takes credit for saving you at Valor Mountain, but that is probably not the case considering what the Interceptor is. Honestly, I feel she is very suspicious, but I don't think she wants the MC to get hurt.

That right there is a lot of the back and forth behavior that has me conflicted. 

On the one hand, she manipulated Ren and Nim/Lorna into harming people with lies (obviously Nim more than Ren but still) and tried to prevent Melia from joining S&T. 

Melia held our entrapment in the ruined present against S&T and regretted not listening to Crescent but I disagree with that and felt she had missed their intention. 
Madame X suggests that S&T must have ensured Melia and the PC's misplaced existence in the ruined present either to force us to reap what we sewed or expecting us to fix it. I 100% believe it was both and a means of showing Melia the consequences of choosing the one over the many.

This is foreshadowed when S&T presented her with the hypothetical scenario that Venom's survival from her stone stasis would mean mass casualties and her refusal to take the choice seriously. 

S&T might be neutral and uncompassionate beings who view people as disposable but clearly act in the best interest of the universe and humanity as a whole species with full understanding of what that means. Madame X seems to trust them as do I. 

At the same time, Crescent allegedly died trying to save Braxien and Co from Red head---or according to what I've noticed here in this thread it seems her name is Freya on route 7. She did also save Dranna, the Mewtwo that Madalis had turned Shadow. 

I concur with not giving her the credit for our "resurrection" on Mount Valor. Once Melia revealed the Interceptor's abilities I put the same pieces together that she did. 
The same can perhaps be said of when we escaped the explosion in the banquet room on the S.S Oceana and the S.S Oceana period. Our mom might have expected Crescent to get us out but that doesn't mean that she did. Even Madame X didn't know we were the Interceptor until we survived Yvetle in the ruined Present so perhaps our mom didn't either. 

I think Crescent might be a mercenary. The only thing she truly seems to care about is getting the outcome that she benefits most from and just favors us because of our role in achieving that outcome.

The true question, is what exactly that outcome is but I'm assuming that because we don't get the choice to heed her advice to ditch our friends, our character had made the choice for themselves not to trust her and whatever her plan is. Which I happen to be fine with. 

2 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

At the moment, I'm going with reincarnation. 
The PC experiences moments of seemingly being able to internally communicate with Adrest and recalling his memories. These are the some of the same patterns of behavior as Aelita with Vivian and Taelia. 

That right there is a lot of the back and forth behavior that has me conflicted. 

On the one hand, she manipulated Ren and Nim/Lorna into harming people with lies (obviously Nim more than Ren but still) and tried to prevent Melia from joining S&T. 

Melia held our entrapment in the ruined present against S&T and regretted not listening to Crescent but I disagree with that and felt she had missed their intention. 
Madame X suggests that S&T must have ensured Melia and the PC's misplaced existence in the ruined present either to force us to reap what we sewed or expecting us to fix it. I 100% believe it was both and a means of showing Melia the consequences of choosing the one over the many.

This is foreshadowed when S&T presented her with the hypothetical scenario that Venom's survival from her stone stasis would mean mass casualties and her refusal to take the choice seriously. 

S&T might be neutral and uncompassionate beings who view people as disposable but clearly act in the best interest of the universe and humanity as a whole species with full understanding of what that means. Madame X seems to trust them as do I. 

At the same time, Crescent allegedly died trying to save Braxien and Co from Red head---or according to what I've noticed here in this thread it seems her name is Freya on route 7. She did also save Dranna, the Mewtwo that Madalis had turned Shadow. 

I concur with not giving her the credit for our "resurrection" on Mount Valor. Once Melia revealed the Interceptor's abilities I put the same pieces together that she did. 
The same can perhaps be said of when we escaped the explosion in the banquet room on the S.S Oceana and the S.S Oceana period. Our mom might have expected Crescent to get us out but that doesn't mean that she did. Even Madame X didn't know we were the Interceptor until we survived Yvetle in the ruined Present so perhaps our mom didn't either. 

I think Crescent might be a mercenary. The only thing she truly seems to care about is getting the outcome that she benefits most from and just favors us because of our role in achieving that outcome.

The true question, is what exactly that outcome is but I'm assuming that because we don't get the choice to heed her advice to ditch our friends, our character had made the choice for themselves not to trust her and whatever her plan is. Which I happen to be fine with. 

I still think that Crescent wants to protect the MC. Claiming credit for saving the MC's life is a way to get them to trust her more. As for the stone thing, I see a way it could be considered beneficial to the MC in Crescents eyes. Essentially the MC needs badges to progress but Crescent wants them to stay out of it and tells the repeatedly to do so. By having gym leaders turned to stone, she could theoretically prevent the MC from progressing at all, and in her eyes that is what is best for the MC. 

Also, I don't think that Crescent only cares about the MC because it is convenient. Why? Well when Ren tells you why he joined team Xen you see him talking to Crescent who has framed pictures of the MC on her wall. Why would she have those if she did not care about the MC? If she was just using the MC she would not have them.

I think a more interesting thing to consider is how Amanda (or fake Amanda if they are unrelated) are involved in this. Could they be associated with Crescent? They both were observing them MC pretty much as soon as they came to the region. It seems likely that Amanda knew that the MC was the interceptor but how would they know that? Of course, if they are associated with Crescent then that begs the question of why abduct Melia?  

Same reason if your reasoning about Crescent and Amanda robo being involved together

Crescent wants the MC to not get involved but as long as they're friends withMelia and she's around,  she's gonna pull the mc with her wherever she goes

Maybe Crescent told Robo-Amanda to abduct Melia? Who knows?

on another note, in the legend of goomidra quest

why is goomink able to battle only aya and crawli for badges?

whereas Florin and Spector are there just chilling in their gyms for challengers

heck, Spector had been sent down from GDC just to replace Narcissa for the time being

5 hours ago, pizzagod13 said:

Also, I don't think that Crescent only cares about the MC because it is convenient. Why? Well when Ren tells you why he joined team Xen you see him talking to Crescent who has framed pictures of the MC on her wall. Why would she have those if she did not care about the MC? If she was just using the MC she would not have them.

In crime shows I've seen serial killers keep pictures of their intended or previous victims. 
You could be right, again, we don't know what Crescent's endgame is. I'm just saying pictures don't always indicate sentimentality. 

I'd honestly compare the relationship between Crecent and PC with that of Homura and Madoka from PMMM

Homura is the all-knowing one who purposefully withholds information and prevents Madoka from taking action in any situation since Homura knows the truth and doesn't want Madoka to get hurt.
Madoka, on the other hand, is the clueless protagonist who has the power to change reality (and basically become God), but is only able to do so after gathering every possible information and make the choice to save the world.

It's very clear that Crecent does have some kind of relationship with PC whenever it's positive or negative, we don't know 100 % sure. But I do clearly remember when the scene on Valor Mountain happens, Crecent says something along the lines of: "I wish for you to be happy/smile". That is such a simple wish that makes me believe Crecent does have some good intentions towards the PC, but like Homura, doesn't relay the whole truth. 

So if we continue this idea of Crecent = Homura and PC = Madoka. Crecents role would be to prevent us from becoming the Interceptor, which is why she might've been taken out of comission since she just got in the way all the time. I mean...Kieran and the red-haired girl seems self-aware of the situation. Kieran says something like: "I used to know what my faith was", but what happened to change everything? The PC's arrival. So it only makes then sense for Crecent to be stopped by them if there's some kind of loop or time paradox going on. Which coincidentally can only be broken by the PC.

This is at least how I interpert it but it's kinda interesting to see the interpertation of Crecent only using the PC too for her own advantage since she is known to manipulate others for her own benefit. But who knows, Crecent is a hard nut to crack due to her two-faced actions.

11 hours ago, sayar said:

on another note, in the legend of goomidra quest

why is goomink able to battle only aya and crawli for badges?

whereas Florin and Spector are there just chilling in their gyms for challengers

heck, Spector had been sent down from GDC just to replace Narcissa for the time being

Well Florin can be dead and Flora can be jailed/on trial/holding a Coup depending on the player choices. Also you can be crazy and do this during the Pyramid event, which in that case both Flora and Florin would be unavailable regardless of your choices. 

As for Specter? It is probably because the league is stinky or something idk. 

10 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

In crime shows I've seen serial killers keep pictures of their intended or previous victims. 
You could be right, again, we don't know what Crescent's endgame is. I'm just saying pictures don't always indicate sentimentality. 

That is fair. I would like to state one thought I had was that maybe Crescent wants to resurrect the god from the story Nymeria tells. Now I know this sounds insane but here me out here. It split into three parts, we got Arceus, Melia/Erin/Allen/Allices light (everyone has this apparently) and some other third part. Now what if the third part is the Interceptor. A being that can defy fate and is effectively immortal seems powerful enough to be a fragment of a god if you ask me. 

In this case, Crescent would either A. Want the MC to inherit all the power for whatever reason. Or B. Want the MC to stay weak so that when the time comes to resurrect god the interceptor will be a weak and hence, easy pickings. 

Crescents actions of stopping Team Xen also align with this, since they want Melia's light for themselves, which conflicts with this goal. This theory is probably not true in the slightest but it is kind of fun to think about?

6 hours ago, Sienna said:

I'd honestly compare the relationship between Crecent and PC with that of Homura and Madoka from PMMM

Homura is the all-knowing one who purposefully withholds information and prevents Madoka from taking action in any situation since Homura knows the truth and doesn't want Madoka to get hurt.
Madoka, on the other hand, is the clueless protagonist who has the power to change reality (and basically become God), but is only able to do so after gathering every possible information and make the choice to save the world.

It's very clear that Crecent does have some kind of relationship with PC whenever it's positive or negative, we don't know 100 % sure. But I do clearly remember when the scene on Valor Mountain happens, Crecent says something along the lines of: "I wish for you to be happy/smile". That is such a simple wish that makes me believe Crecent does have some good intentions towards the PC, but like Homura, doesn't relay the whole truth. 

So if we continue this idea of Crecent = Homura and PC = Madoka. Crecents role would be to prevent us from becoming the Interceptor, which is why she might've been taken out of comission since she just got in the way all the time. I mean...Kieran and the red-haired girl seems self-aware of the situation. Kieran says something like: "I used to know what my faith was", but what happened to change everything? The PC's arrival. So it only makes then sense for Crecent to be stopped by them if there's some kind of loop or time paradox going on. Which coincidentally can only be broken by the PC.

This is at least how I interpert it but it's kinda interesting to see the interpertation of Crecent only using the PC too for her own advantage since she is known to manipulate others for her own benefit. But who knows, Crecent is a hard nut to crack due to her two-faced actions.

I think one of the main issues that make Crescent hard to pin down is the fact that she is a time traveler. We have no idea in what order we are meeting her ever. What meetings is she still part of the stormschasers during and what meeting has she already left them in? The context of WHEN she comes from is hugely important to determining why she did certain actions.