Theory Crafting Thread

enderowl

2 hours ago, Magus543 said:

Vader has inspired a lot of villains, and he himself was inspired from many sources like Dr. Doom from Marvel. 

The more i look at Madam X's character, the more i get the feeling of a pawn, like she's actually defeated a lot, she's outwitted by Melia and electrocuted, she's forced to save us at Kugearen, the Surfers are clearly playing her like a cheap fiddle, and she's outsmarted by a child with a trap door. Not to mention, she apologizes to a " father " if she's defeated in Blacksteeple. Vader was ultimately the attack dog of Palpatine, and with this in mind, it's easy to see Madam X despite her position of authority as a patsy for someone else. 

Another reason why i think she's Nymieria is because of her reaction to the painting, and that Nymiera mentioned we would meet again when the black obelisk rises, now of course that could refer to the structure that rose when we returned to the present, but the fact that we first meet Madam X in Blacksteeple is interesting. Sure a castle isn't an obelisk but it can be flexible from a certain point of view. 

This would explain why she paused when the Valerie in the twisted time line asks her who is stronger then her.

The Nymiera being madame X thing sounds like it could be correct, but Nymiera is said to be godlike so it wouldn't make sense if a god would be hypnotized.

I think that Nymiera is related to the Miera region because of her name.

15 minutes ago, iiiiitamar said:

This would explain why she paused when the Valerie in the twisted time line asks her who is stronger then her.

The Nymiera being madame X thing sounds like it could be correct, but Nymiera is said to be godlike so it wouldn't make sense if a god would be hypnotized.

Aaah but you forget, Indriad is pretty powerful himself, i'm guessing he's behind Nymiera's potential corruption, as he was with Anju. 

I think Nymiera and Miera is just a coincidence though, like Geara has no relation to Gearen city for example. But who knows? 

12 hours ago, iiiiitamar said:

One Question: When was Madame X hypnotized? Do you mean the events of Blacksteeple Castel? There she was paralyzed and it would be still plausible, even if she IS Nymiersa. If I remember correctly the lore: She was one of the two first humans and that she and Indriad had more power than ordenary humans. This would mean that she wasn´t/isn´t godlike so getting paralyzed through electroducing sounds plausible to me.

But there is something that stops me from believing that Nymeira is Madame X, too.

When we leave Nymeiras house in the past Hiyoshi City she kinda felt/knew that the MC holds the spirit (or is at least connected to his soul) of her son. So shouldn´t Madame X feel/know it too? And if she can, why are there no signs of that during our past encounters? She really wanted to kill our MC during the Blacksteeple arc. Okay maybe Nymeira was corrupted by Indriad during their battle in Hiyoshi City or her powers where reduced/drained (which would explain her swordmanplay to make up for the loss of her powers), but she should at least remember us from the past (sometimes this whole time travelling thingy confuses me really hard, so correct me, if i overlooked something)

Madame X seems to me like a person who suffered a lot in the past (or future), just like a girl who lost her whole family and had to survive in the wildness on her own, which made her swear revenge on the ones who hurt her and the ones behind it (wouldn´t surprise me when it turns out, that the bitch squad led by Spacea and Teimpa are the cause) even if she has to involve or kill innocents.

In comparison Nymeira, who was betrayed by her loved one and lost her son, acts like someone who would still try to befriend her enemies or at least gives them a chance for redemption and only wants to "end" them when she sees no change (she hoped that Indriad will change through his marriage).

So in the end, Nymeira (from my perspective) can only be the true identity of Madame X, if Indriad or someone else hardcore brainwashed her and Madame X doesn´t act like someone who acts on others orders or without her own mind at all, instead she acts like someone who rebels against a god or something like that

2 hours ago, vivaCH said:

I can follow your thoughts on Madame X being Nymiera brainwashed by Indriad. But there's something that doesn't add up. If that's the case, why would she warn Maria in the prolouge?

Is it possible that madame X is maria but without the powers

6 hours ago, Magus543 said:

Aaah but you forget, Indriad is pretty powerful himself, i'm guessing he's behind Nymiera's potential corruption, as he was with Anju. 

I think Nymiera and Miera is just a coincidence though, like Geara has no relation to Gearen city for example. But who knows? 

Well I suppose it would make sense for Indriad to use Nymiera and Anju for his own nefarious purposes if he managed to defeat them while they were fighting him but what benefit does he get from Madame X establishing Team Xen? And also why isn't Hazuki being used if she was with Nymiera and Anju since we just see her in the Tournament Arena and she looks perfectly fine. 

And Madame X even stops Indriad/Vitus's plan to blow up Blakeory Co. and as @vivaCH pointed out warn Maria.

Also if you encounter Anju at Chrysaslis Manor she talks as if Nymiera is dead and not being corrupted by Indriad but it could be that she's gone crazy with all the time in that chamber.

Trivia: Vitus means "Christian Saint" or French Bicycle Manufacturer (couldn't find any definition for Indriad though.) 

Edited by Node15

As of the latest past event, Nymiera and the rest of the protectors go to confront Indriad in his lair while we go back to the future, with Indriad active at least as Sirius till he got burned down, it doesn't bode well for the protectors. Like Anju was held captive in the basement with Indriad being okay and Nymiera nowhere to be seen. And it's implied Hiyoshi city was destroyed at this point. 

Given that Hazuki is now married to the Blakeory family, one suspects something has gone wrong with her, but we have to wait for V13. 

Indriad's benefits from turning Nymiera into Madam X are numerous, he turns his hated enemy into a slave, he has a glorified body double taking away all the attention from him while he works in the shadows, and he has a powerful pawn now.  Though the question is, how much is his control over her? The files do indicate that Madam X may be plotting against him somehow. 

10 hours ago, vivaCH said:

I can follow your thoughts on Madame X being Nymiera brainwashed by Indriad. But there's something that doesn't add up. If that's the case, why would she warn Maria in the prologue?

Thats part of the reason why I said that she doesn´t act brainwashed at all. Warning Maria seems to me as part of her rebellion against the gods.

8 hours ago, Display name said:

Would be possible, if losing her powers means her hair turned from blonde/gold to black (regarding the pyramid event), but so far it seems like Melia is the reincarnation of Maria so it kinda doesn´t add up. On the other hand it would explain why Nastasia joined Team Xen, because Maria was/is her friend and she even went to rescue her in Hiyoshi City. And we also don´t know what really happend with Maria after the end of the underground villa event. Plus some events in the past and clues found in the present implie that there could be kinda two timelines, which maybe became one. For example when we first time travelled to Kugearen City, we witnessed the whole "Indriad goes mad again"-event happening in the villa that we know from the "third badge"-event and that would later become the Chrysola Hotel, but in the prolouge these events happened in a different house and we can even find this house in the desert. If my "two timelines became one"-theory is correct, there exists a possibility that Madame X could be Maria/Marianette from the other timeline.

10 hours ago, Display name said:

1 hour ago, TheVentusX said:

Would be possible, if losing her powers means her hair turned from blonde/gold to black (regarding the pyramid event), but so far it seems like Melia is the reincarnation of Maria so it kinda doesn´t add up. On the other hand it would explain why Nastasia joined Team Xen, because Maria was/is her friend and she even went to rescue her in Hiyoshi City. And we also don´t know what really happend with Maria after the end of the underground villa event. Plus some events in the past and clues found in the present implie that there could be kinda two timelines, which maybe became one. For example when we first time travelled to Kugearen City, we witnessed the whole "Indriad goes mad again"-event happening in the villa that we know from the "third badge"-event and that would later become the Chrysola Hotel, but in the prolouge these events happened in a different house and we can even find this house in the desert. If my "two timelines became one"-theory is correct, there exists a possibility that Madame X could be Maria/Marianette from the other timeline.

That's what I also thought, Madame X being Maria/Marianette/Melia, assuming those three are somehow connected due to parallel timelines, maybe even the same person through reincarnation. Since Madame X tries to hide her face from everyone at the pyramid when her mask gets broken, and because Cosmia stops the quiz guy from telling us her name, we can probably already deduce her real identity.

Now, in the apocalyptic future at the end, Madame X mentions her mother sacrificed herself to save her, but talks really coldly about her, calling her weak. The only mothers that died in the story so far were Nancy and Anathea (excluding Taelia, since Nora's dead and Aelita wasn't even alive to be protected). Seeing how the MC can have different looks or genders, it doesn't make sense for them to be her, so the only one left would be Maria/Marianette.

Also, Indriad seems to have a connection to Yveltal, since his cult outfit's design is based on Yveltal (as we could see in Zumi's artwork), and the fact that the man and woman from Nymiera's story definitely are her and Indriad: We know that Nymiera has a Xerneas statue in her castle on Blacksteeple, even in her home in Hiyoshi city, so it's likely she has Xerneas, consequently Indriad having Yveltal makes sense. But we know that currently, Madame X has Yveltal, and mentions a 'Father' when defeated, which likely refers to Indriad. Also the secret Xen lab's diary, in which Yveltal is mentioned, mentions that "He" knows and sees through Yveltal, probably also referring to Indriad. If this all fits, then Lord Xenadin would actually be Indriad too (seeing how there's Team Xen banners everywhere in the underground lab in Wispy tower, which was built secretly by Indriad/Sirius and sealed off since the fire and only recently opened by Geara to get Giratina, so Team Xen couldn't have put those up as they arrived there only moments before the MC).

What's weird though is that in the bad future, Madame X seemed clearly suprised by this world, but knew about Melanie being Melia's parallel self even before meeting her, like she could "feel a connection to her", or was already there once. Since the only ones beside Madame X who remember this world are the MC and Melia, this could imply that she knew beforehand because she remembered being there as Melia. Also, in this future, the one who has Yveltal is Melanie, the one who is actually Melia, yet another connection between them.

Another point would be, in the prologue, why was Madame X in Maria's house in the first place, if not because of a connection to Maria and Indriad? Why is she pitying Maria when she asks when will they stop to put her through all this, when she usually is so cold to everyone else, calling everyone weak so it's their own fault if they can't protect themselves and suffer?

Edited by Edo

1 hour ago, Edo said:

That's what I also thought, Madame X being Maria/Marianette/Melia, assuming those three are somehow connected due to parallel timelines, maybe even the same person through reincarnation. Since Madame X tries to hide her face from everyone at the pyramid when her mask gets broken, and because Cosmia stops the quiz guy from telling us her name, we can probably already deduce her real identity.

Now, in the apocalyptic future at the end, Madame X mentions her mother sacrificed herself to save her, but talks really coldly about her, calling her weak. The only mothers that died in the story so far were Nancy and Anathea (excluding Taelia, since Nora's dead and Aelita wasn't even alive to be protected). Seeing how the MC can have different looks or genders, it doesn't make sense for them to be her, so the only one left would be Maria/Marianette.

Also, Indriad seems to have a connection to Yveltal, since his cult outfit's design is based on Yveltal (as we could see in Zumi's artwork), and the fact that the man and woman from Nymiera's story definitely are her and Indriad: We know that Nymiera has a Xerneas statue in her castle on Blacksteeple, even in her home in Hiyoshi city, so it's likely she has Xerneas, consequently Indriad having Yveltal makes sense. But we know that currently, Madame X has Yveltal, and mentions a 'Father' when defeated, which likely refers to Indriad. Also the secret Xen lab's diary, in which Yveltal is mentioned, mentions that "He" knows and sees through Yveltal, probably also referring to Indriad. If this all fits, then Lord Xenadin would actually be Indriad too (seeing how there's Team Xen banners everywhere in the underground lab in Wispy tower, which was built secretly by Indriad/Sirius and sealed off since the fire and only recently opened by Geara to get Giratina, so Team Xen couldn't have put those up as they arrived there only moments before the MC).

What's weird though is that in the bad future, Madame X seemed clearly suprised by this world, but knew about Melanie being Melia's parallel self even before meeting her, like she could "feel a connection to her", or was already there once. Since the only ones beside Madame X who remember this world are the MC and Melia, this could imply that she knew beforehand because she remembered being there as Melia. Also, in this future, the one who has Yveltal is Melanie, the one who is actually Melia, yet another connection between them.

Another point would be, in the prologue, why was Madame X in Maria's house in the first place, if not because of a connection to Maria and Indriad? Why is she pitying Maria when she asks when will they stop to put her through all this, when she usually is so cold to everyone else, calling everyone weak so it's their own fault if they can't protect themselves and suffer?

Clearly Madam X knows more about Melia and her powers than Melia knows herself. So it's not unlikely that Madam X could somehow sense that Melanie is the same person. 

3 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

Clearly Madam X knows more about Melia and her powers than Melia knows herself. So it's not unlikely that Madam X could somehow sense that Melanie is the same person. 

Yep she definitely knows, though what bothers me is that Madame X clearly doesn't have those powers, since she tries to get her hands on Melia's powers, so how would she even sense them? So the sensing/feeling thing might not make much sense, unless she still has small fragments of the power left. Then it would still be possible for Madame X to be Maria, cause this has been bothering me a lot, since Maria shouldn't know about Melanie, but Melia does. I only included Melia because of this, my original thought was actually just Maria to be Madame X, so the sensing part due to a little power left might explain it.

Also, how did Madame X even find out about Melia having those powers from when she was still a baby? (Baby because Jenner adopted her as a toddler, since she says she named Hapi when she could barely speak)
Her powers only awakened much later in the bad future, so Madame X might know about her powers since it's herself, but on the other hand, it might be something else we're still missing, and Madame X being after her own past self's powers just seems contradictory. Because why didn't she just take Maria's powers when they met in the prologue if that's all she needs? I think it's because that might cause a time paradox, but not with Melia since they're not the same.

So while Melia still might be possible, I kinda tend more to Madame X being Maria/Marianette. Especially because of the Father/Indriad stuff, Melia wouldn't say that, but Maria would.

2 hours ago, Edo said:

Yep she definitely knows, though what bothers me is that Madame X clearly doesn't have those powers, since she tries to get her hands on Melia's powers, so how would she even sense them? So the sensing/feeling thing might not make much sense, unless she still has small fragments of the power left. Then it would still be possible for Madame X to be Maria, cause this has been bothering me a lot, since Maria shouldn't know about Melanie, but Melia does. I only included Melia because of this, my original thought was actually just Maria to be Madame X, so the sensing part due to a little power left might explain it.

Also, how did Madame X even find out about Melia having those powers from when she was still a baby? (Baby because Jenner adopted her as a toddler, since she says she named Hapi when she could barely speak)
Her powers only awakened much later in the bad future, so Madame X might know about her powers since it's herself, but on the other hand, it might be something else we're still missing, and Madame X being after her own past self's powers just seems contradictory. Because why didn't she just take Maria's powers when they met in the prologue if that's all she needs? I think it's because that might cause a time paradox, but not with Melia since they're not the same.

So while Melia still might be possible, I kinda tend more to Madame X being Maria/Marianette. Especially because of the Father/Indriad stuff, Melia wouldn't say that, but Maria would.

Maybe madame x lost her powers and the reason she wants Melia's powers is so she can keep them safe.

5 hours ago, TheVentusX said:

Thats part of the reason why I said that she doesn´t act brainwashed at all. Warning Maria seems to me as part of her rebellion against the gods.

This would also explain why we see Kanon in the past twice even though he was in the present for the second time.

35 minutes ago, iiiiitamar said:

This would also explain why we see Kanon in the past twice even though he was in the present for the second time.

The reason we saw Kanon twice was, that after Hiyoshi City was destroyed in the aftermath of the Indriad vs Nymeira battle, Kanon was rescued by Spacea and Teimpa and brought to the Kugearen Coty past where we met him for the first time. I just don't quiete remember if the cause for his loss of memories was the hiyoshi incident, the doing of the spacea and time sisters or through Nymeiras orders. So we met Kanons past self during The Hiyoshi arc.

3 hours ago, Edo said:

Maybe when Maria/Marianette was "sacrificed" by Indriad in the prologue, Maria/Marianette lost her powers which were somehow transferred to a newborn Melia (and maybe her three siblings too). That would explain the connection between Melia and Maria. Maria/Marianette somehow survived and swore revenge against Indriad, stole Yvetal from him, trained to wield a sword and tries to use Melia, who wields her powers, as a weapon for her revenge. 

Regarding my combined timeline theory there is another similar scenario: Prologue-Maria/Marianette survived in exchange for her powers and Melia is the reincarnation of the "underground villa"-Maria/Marianette and helds her power. The rest is same as my theory above.

1 hour ago, iiiiitamar said:

Maybe madame x lost her powers and the reason she wants Melia's powers is so she can keep them safe.

Team Xen's goal is to summon Storm-9 again by using Melia's powers, so Madame X as their leader should want that too. Indriad tried to summon it by sacrificing Maria, or at least it sounded like sacrificing her would cause it to happen, but Vivian's spell prevented the worst. I'm wondering if he succeeded the summon by actually sacrificing her and we're already too late to save her, or if he used another method. But since Anathea mentioned in Hiyoshi city that she feels Maria's presence, and by then Vivian was already dead and Storm-9 was already bound to happen, Maria is probably still alive.

Kinda weird is that they theoretically could've gone for Erin as well, since she's been out of the Unown dimension for a pretty long time. Maybe they had no way to enter the dimension, and no idea she was out again. Or her powers are too weak compared to Melia. That might also be the reason as for why Indriad sacrificed Anathea in the first place, because she also had the Archtype's powers, but hers were too weak and the ritual failed, so he tried to sacrifice Maria next.

13 minutes ago, TheVentusX said:

Maybe when Maria/Marianette was "sacrificed" by Indriad in the prologue, Maria/Marianette lost her powers which were somehow transferred to a newborn Melia (and maybe her three siblings too). That would explain the connection between Melia and Maria. Maria/Marianette somehow survived and swore revenge against Indriad, stole Yvetal from him, trained to wield a sword and tries to use Melia, who wields her powers, as a weapon for her revenge. 

Regarding my combined timeline theory there is another similar scenario: Prologue-Maria/Marianette survived in exchange for her powers and Melia is the reincarnation of the "underground villa"-Maria/Marianette and helds her power. The rest is same as my theory above.

If she wanted revenge, she wouldn't lead Team Xen and plan to do the same thing as he did, and not regretfully say "I lost, Father" after losing on Blacksteeple. She's probably just acting as his pawn.

1 hour ago, Edo said:

Team Xen's goal is to summon Storm-9 again by using Melia's powers, so Madame X as their leader should want that too. Indriad tried to summon it by sacrificing Maria, or at least it sounded like sacrificing her would cause it to happen, but Vivian's spell prevented the worst. I'm wondering if he succeeded the summon by actually sacrificing her and we're already too late to save her, or if he used another method. But since Anathea mentioned in Hiyoshi city that she feels Maria's presence, and by then Vivian was already dead and Storm-9 was already bound to happen, Maria is probably still alive.

Kinda weird is that they theoretically could've gone for Erin as well, since she's been out of the Unown dimension for a pretty long time. Maybe they had no way to enter the dimension, and no idea she was out again. Or her powers are too weak compared to Melia. That might also be the reason as for why Indriad sacrificed Anathea in the first place, because she also had the Archtype's powers, but hers were too weak and the ritual failed, so he tried to sacrifice Maria next.

If she wanted revenge, she wouldn't lead Team Xen and plan to do the same thing as he did, and not regretfully say "I lost, Father" after losing on Blacksteeple. She's probably just acting as his pawn.

We don't know if it is really their plan to conjure Storm-9, that is just what Melia concludes from the journey to the past and the apocalyptic future and from what the returners say (and I don't trust them one bit) Team Xen's, or at least Madame X's, true goal is still a mystery. And regarding the "I lost, father", we don't know if she really means Indriad, she could also mean Arceus, as her former powers come from him or after surviving the sacrifice she could have met someone who helped her and she regards him her father (maybe Xenadin, which could explain naming her organization team Xen, too)

Also maybe Madame X tries to deceive Indriad by "acting" as his pawn, to take her revenge in the right moment and the reason she says "I lost, father" is, that she is being watched by him through Yvetal (regarding the secret files) and she is speaking directly to him.

44 minutes ago, Edo said:

Talking about Erin, in the magnolia library, after you get the second badge, a blue haired Erin appears and her absol is the one that warned us from the team xen attack back in golden wood forest which makes me believe that that's not Erin. Maybe she is from a different time?

25 minutes ago, iiiiitamar said:

Talking about Erin, in the magnolia library, after you get the second badge, a blue haired Erin appears and her absol is the one that warned us from the team xen attack back in golden wood forest which makes me believe that that's not Erin. Maybe she is from a different time?

It's really the same Erin. That has already been confirmed by Jan who said that Erin is the type of person who likes to dye her hair.

52 minutes ago, TheVentusX said:

We don't know if it is really their plan to conjure Storm-9, that is justwhat Melia concludes from the journey to the past and the apocalyotic future

Hmm yeah could be, I wasn't sure anymore if they revealed their goals themselves, but Melia seemed reeaaally convinced that she figured out their plan, so I just went with that.

Especially none of the Xen admins look like they want to destroy the whole region, except for Geara who revers Indriad so he'd definitely do it.

Edited by Edo

38 minutes ago, Edo said:

Especially none of the Xen admins look like they want to destroy the whole region, except for Geara who revers Indriad so he'd definitely do it.

Geara is a topic which bothered me for a while...if we stay with my theory that Team Xen works against Indriad (which btw makes sense, since I just remembered that Sirius was seemingly killed by a red haired woman when she destroyed Whispy Tower. This could be Freya aka the nasty red haired bitch who killed Kennan's family, and after the whole pyramid event we know she works with Madame X and I don't think she would help an organization which is led by someone who works for someone she killed, or at least tried to kill) then how came Geara into Team Xen? He wouldn't work against his hero, so maybe he was sent on Indriad's orders to act as some kind of double agent...

1 hour ago, TheVentusX said:

Geara is a topic which bothered me for a while...if we stay with my theory that Team Xen works against Indriad (which btw makes sense, since I just remembered that Sirius was seemingly killed by a red haired woman when she destroyed Whispy Tower. This could be Freya aka the nasty red haired bitch who killed Kennan's family, and after the whole pyramid event we know she works with Madame X and I don't think she would help an organization which is led by someone who works for someone she killed, or at least tried to kill) then how came Geara into Team Xen? He wouldn't work against his hero, so maybe he was sent on Indriad's orders to act as some kind of double agent...

No the woman they saw had black hair, there's a NPC in Goldenleaf town (below Ren's home) who tells the story and how Narcissa saw a woman with black hair in a black dress smile at her. Also that fire wasn't started because of Indriad, as it is shown in WLL that they tried to kill Kenneth's daughter, whose class had a school trip there on that day.
We also know that Freya wasn't working together with whoever started those fires, because the blackmailer pressured Kenneth to kill Taelia himself (since they seemingly didn't know who the "Maiden of Resurrection" was), while Freya knew it's Taelia and planned on killing her herself.

About Geara: I'm not really sure about this, but I believe that he lost contact to Indriad after the fire. Especially since Indriad seems to have fused with Anju. And like I said, Team Xen banners and even their logos are all around the lab, which were definitely put up beforehand by Indriad or Geara, since Geara's last journal was written while they were trapped by the fire, and afterwards the lab was sealed off until we arrived so noone could've entered between then and the present time.

Edited by Edo
  • Like 2

As i recall, Freya wasn't behind the murder attempts, her goal was the creation of Aelita, the other killer wanted the reincarnations stopped.  Freya explicitly states that there was no cooperation with the other killer and that they didn't even know who was Vivian's reincarnation. 

So even more assholes to deal with. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Edo said:

No the woman they saw had black hair, there's a NPC in Goldenleaf town (below Ren's home) who tells the story and how Narcissa saw a woman with black hair in a black dress smile at her. Also that fire wasn't started because of Indriad, as it is shown in WLL that they tried to kill Kenneth's daughter, whose class had a school trip there on that day.
We also know that Freya wasn't working together with whoever started those fires, because the blackmailer pressured Kenneth to kill Taelia himself (since they seemingly didn't know who the "Maiden of Resurrection" was), while Freya knew it's Taelia and planned on killing her herself.

About Geara: I'm not really sure about this, but I believe that he lost contact to Indriad after the fire. Especially since Indriad seems to have fused with Anju. And like I said, Team Xen banners and even their logos are all around the lab, which were definitely put up beforehand by Indriad or Geara, since Geara's last journal was written while they were trapped by the fire, and afterwards the lab was sealed off until we arrived so noone could've entered between then and the present time.

Ups, it seems i have forgotten some things from WLL 😅 and regarding the team Xen banners: wouldn't that mean that Indriad was Xenadin or there is at least a big connection between them? (Phew, home many possible identities has this guy 0.0) Since the present Team Xen didn't exist at that time, if I recall that correctly. 

Hopefully we will learn more of the Miera Region and/or Xenadin&Freya in the next update, it would definitly bring some light to this puzzle (and another hundred questions 😅)