Theory Crafting Thread

enderowl

10 hours ago, Node15 said:

Hey guys remember how Isha says that "But one day my gift will rise and in the end it will be me who will be laughing."

It's seems pretty obvious that it has to do with vaccines that everyone seems to be getting when they enter Grand Dream City since it would be easy for Isha as the respected doctor to tell that it's to fight some infection but has anyone got any ideas what this gift might be?

It's Xenpurgis. I've been guessing that it's some form of mind control virus or something to that effect, or perhaps a kill switch to commit mass murder since Team Xen wants some sort of energy that is released when people die. 

Xenpurgis got a lot more topical after Corona virus and Jan's unfortunate brush with it.

On 4/28/2020 at 7:51 PM, Kwstas said:

Just some random thoughts. I remember back when Nim turned to stone saying I'm sorry this isn't me or something like that, and that makes me wonder what did she mean by that, what if Nim is being possessed by something? I hope we can find out about this.

Another thing I'm looking forward too is the whole archetype thing that was created when Melia, Erin, Alice, and Allen interacted. This will sound cringe I guess but anywayyy I believe that Maria/Marianette is actually all these 4 characters merged into one. The reason I believe that is when we go to hiyoshi city and we go in the hospital, we see a report of anathea having 4 kids but when we went to the past it seemed like Anathea's only kid was Maria, so what if actually Indriad "split" Maria into 4 other kids? 

That's what I had and I'm sorry for bad English/grammar haha

Your theory doesn't seem so farfetched and it got me thinking, because when I played the game yesterday and was hanging out with Valerie in Aquamarine cave, and was talking about Axis High University, Melia appeared and said that she failed a test from that university, because she sucks at math. For me that dialog is weird, considering that we all know about Melia is Maria from that cutscene, when Angie tries to sacrifice her, but I remember Anathea told us that Maria is very good at calculus at a very young. Then how come Melia says she isn't good at math, even though she's Maria, the very smart child? I think your very right Kwstas that the siblings are fused together to create Maria, because which one of the sibling is very smart? Erin. But hey it's just theory, A POKEMON THEORY!!! >:3

Nt housesHere are a couple of theories:

1. Indriad is related to Flora, I don't have a lot of avidance (I also don't remember if this was answered in the game) but in the pictures Jan sent, the insides of marble mansion looked like a team bladestar base.

2. Every thing that happend to maria happend twice in two different houses, didn't happen in two different houses it happend in a lot more because in the prologue madame x says "how many times are you gonna make this little girl suffer" this line indicates that maria has been going through this over and over again so my guess is that Indriad made some sort of an illusion on maria everytime he tries to sacrifice her because he can't...

3. I coudn't think about what Saki's new apperance is but I think I found some clues: the glitch Saku sprite is no longer glitched, on Saki's twitter in the picture where freya is spying on saki there is a gravestone with flowers on it.

4. Alexandra is Nymiera because Nymiera wasn't pregnent nor was married, and she was burried underground so she probobly died, she also sayd that we will meet again when the obelisk emerges and alexandra knew what she was talking about.

5. This isn't realy a new theory but unlike everyone else here I think that crscent is our sister not our mother because I think she is too young to be our mother.

So these are my theories.

I completed the sashila help quests and I found out the names of Geara's parents.

As we know, his real name is gregory and David tells us that his son was named after gregorian lake.

Edited by Crystalrage

Seeing as we would've gotten the same vaccine as the one given to Comet maybe the red vaccine is one only given to Xen members and doesn't actually do anything so maybe because we are the only one not affected by whatever it is they do we'll be the only one able to stop it?

58 minutes ago, TheHellHamster said:

Seeing as we would've gotten the same vaccine as the one given to Comet maybe the red vaccine is one only given to Xen members and doesn't actually do anything so maybe because we are the only one not affected by whatever it is they do we'll be the only one able to stop it?

But we don't know that comet is a part of team xen, or do we?

2 minutes ago, Crystalrage said:

Well there was that time Cosmia kidnapped the guy who was about to tell us who Madame X is so I think that links them fairly well.

4 minutes ago, Crystalrage said:

Gut feeling tells me they are a third party. 

We don't know why Cosmia kidnapped the guy though, either for Madam X or to learn herself. 

1 minute ago, TheHellHamster said:

Well there was that time Cosmia kidnapped the guy who was about to tell us who Madame X is so I think that links them fairly well.

1 minute ago, Magus543 said:

Gut feeling tells me they are a third party. 

We don't know why Cosmia kidnapped the guy though, either for Madam X or to learn herself. 

Who are you guys referring too

5 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

She says 'No' when she does it though so I think it's more likely that it was done to prevent us from learning rather than to learn it herself.

Though I guess it's more likely for them to be working with them in some way without being members similar to how the surfer duo seem to operate.

I don't about you but depending on how Jan is feeling when he creates V13 Story he might decide to let the player get effected by Isha's "gift" and let some other characters save everyone else just thinking though since I'm a little tired of the player essentially being everyone's deus ex machina.

Also about the Xenpurgis idea I suppose it could make some sense since the Puppet Master did warn us about it however if it was some kind of disease I kind of doubt that we'd be able to stop it. Also remember how Flora mentions the Xenpurgis and how it shall never rise so I have a feeling that the Xenpurgis has to do with Team Xen and not Dr. Isha specifically since how would Flora stop the Xenpurgis?

Edited by Node15

1 hour ago, TheHellHamster said:

She says 'No' when she does it though so I think it's more likely that it was done to prevent us from learning rather than to learn it herself.

Though I guess it's more likely for them to be working with them in some way without being members similar to how the surfer duo seem to operate.

What if the surfer duo are cosmia and comet.

Doubt it we know that their names are really Kieran and Freya so Cosmia and Comet could be either their real names or aliases but I don't think that's the case.

Rather I think that Cosmia and Comet are trying to get some info by posing as the MC and their mother since there's no real reason for them to disguise themselves.

1 hour ago, Node15 said:

Rather I think that Cosmia and Comet are trying to get some info by posing as the MC and their mother since there's no real reason for them to disguise themselves.

This sounds like the stupidest plan in the entire game, including Team Anti-Assist's antics and the policemen's attempt at striking it rich.

Seriously, no one is better than the entire cast at failing to come up with useful information.

1 hour ago, Node15 said:

Also about the Xenpurgis idea I suppose it could make some sense since the Puppet Master did warn us about it however if it was some kind of disease I kind of doubt that we'd be able to stop it. Also remember how Flora mentions the Xenpurgis and how it shall never rise so I have a feeling that the Xenpurgis has to do with Team Xen and not Dr. Isha specifically since how would Flora stop the Xenpurgis?

Isha has some sort of connection with Team Xen, of course, but you make a point. If the vaccines were behind the Xenpurgis, what exactly could we do? What could Flora do?

I have a couple of possibilities in mind, but none seem very plausible:

1) the Xenpurgis needs some sort of specific activation sequence (for instance, set the GDC dome to radiate at some eldritch frequency to activate whichever nasty stuff could be in the vaccines -- or in the water, the food, and so on...)

2) Flora knows she can't do anything about it but needs something to motivate her troops after she sent a lot of grunts to be slaughtered.

Something is a bit strange though -- Flora refers to the Xenpurgis as something that every Bladestar grunt knows, and yet nobody seems to treat it as something serious? Is "Xenpurgis" the GDC equivalent of a real conspiracy theory? Why didn't she release (even anonymously) the information, spread the rumor, since she gains from every loss of face from the GDC authorities?

2 hours ago, Mindlack said:

This sounds like the stupidest plan in the entire game, including Team Anti-Assist's antics and the policemen's attempt at striking it rich.

Seriously, no one is better than the entire cast at failing to come up with useful information.

Isha has some sort of connection with Team Xen, of course, but you make a point. If the vaccines were behind the Xenpurgis, what exactly could we do? What could Flora do?

I have a couple of possibilities in mind, but none seem very plausible:

1) the Xenpurgis needs some sort of specific activation sequence (for instance, set the GDC dome to radiate at some eldritch frequency to activate whichever nasty stuff could be in the vaccines -- or in the water, the food, and so on...)

2) Flora knows she can't do anything about it but needs something to motivate her troops after she sent a lot of grunts to be slaughtered.

Something is a bit strange though -- Flora refers to the Xenpurgis as something that every Bladestar grunt knows, and yet nobody seems to treat it as something serious? Is "Xenpurgis" the GDC equivalent of a real conspiracy theory? Why didn't she release (even anonymously) the information, spread the rumor, since she gains from every loss of face from the GDC authorities?

4 hours ago, Node15 said:

Doubt it we know that their names are really Kieran and Freya so Cosmia and Comet could be either their real names or aliases but I don't think that's the case.

I'm pretty sure whatever Comet and Cosmia are doing is related to the stone phenomenon. They invite people to a location via their Nancy disguise and then Nim turns them into stone. Seriously, why is everyone so confused about this? Nim says quite clearly that she came for Lavender and to "do her job", i.e turn her into stone. Lavender was there because of an invitation from "Nancy". Thus, Nim, Comet and Cosmia are working together. Considering the fact that Nim is doing Crescent's bidding, that means that Crescent, Comet and Cosmia are working together. Why? To "get out of the danger zone", as Cosmia says.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

I'm pretty sure whatever Comet and Cosmia are doing is related to the stone phenomenon. They invite people to a location via their Nancy disguise and then Nim turns them into stone. Seriously, why is everyone so confused about this? Nim says quite clearly that she came for Lavender and to "do her job", i.e turn her into stone. Lavender was there because of an invitation from "Nancy". Thus, Nim, Comet and Cosmia are working together. Considering the fact that Nim is doing Crescent's bidding, that means that Crescent, Comet and Cosmia are working together. Why? To "get out of the danger zone", as Cosmia says.

That's a good and clear summary (and yes, your conclusion is sound), but it doesn't explain everything, far from it... Here are a few questions:

1) What kind of "danger zone" are we speaking about? Apart from being obviously working with the culprit behind the stone phenomenon and impersonating someone who is actually around? What exactly is a bigger threat? And how are they getting out of it?

1 bis: Aren't they attracting exactly the attention of any agent who could be after them?

1 ter: Or are they cooperating under threat of petrification? If so, how do you qualify this mess as "getting out of the danger zone" instead of "staying alive"?

2) How exactly can Cosmia (who is going out of her way to cover up Madame X's identity) ally with Crescent, or simply take her orders, instead of getting pushed off a cliff?

(2 bis: Is Cosmia Madame X?)

(2 ter: Is Crescent indeed going out of her way to keep information from the cast?)

(2 quater: Was Crescent another alias for Cosmia, or conversely? [combine with 2 bis])

3) Why of all people impersonate Nancy and the MC?

4) How is "turning Axis High students to stone" any relevant to whatever "big danger the Universe is in"?

(4 bis: is Crescent thinking small-scale when she says she wants to see the MC smile because there's so little time left?)

(4 ter: Is Crescent the craftedly deceptive Big Bad?)

2 minutes ago, Mindlack said:

That's a good and clear summary (and yes, your conclusion is sound), but it doesn't explain everything, far from it... Here are a few questions:

1) What kind of "danger zone" are we speaking about? Apart from being obviously working with the culprit behind the stone phenomenon and impersonating someone who is actually around? What exactly is a bigger threat? And how are they getting out of it?

1 bis: Aren't they attracting exactly the attention of any agent who could be after them?

1 ter: Or are they cooperating under threat of petrification? If so, how do you qualify this mess as "getting out of the danger zone" instead of "staying alive"?

2) How exactly can Cosmia (who is going out of her way to cover up Madame X's identity) ally with Crescent, or simply take her orders, instead of getting pushed off a cliff?

(2 bis: Is Cosmia Madame X?)

(2 ter: Is Crescent indeed going out of her way to keep information from the cast?)

(2 quater: Was Crescent another alias for Cosmia, or conversely? [combine with 2 bis])

3) Why of all people impersonate Nancy and the MC?

4) How is "turning Axis High students to stone" any relevant to whatever "big danger the Universe is in"?

(4 bis: is Crescent thinking small-scale when she says she wants to see the MC smile because there's so little time left?)

(4 ter: Is Crescent the craftedly deceptive Big Bad?)

I never said I can explain why stuff is happening. I can only explain the "What" that is happening. Either way, let's speculate:

1. Considering the way they spoke of it, it seems to be whatever Crescent is trying to do. Crescent has a goal with the stoning, and it seems that if the goal isn't achived, they will be in danger. 

1 bis- yeah, but I don't think that's all that problematic for them. See 1 ter. 

1 ter- Maybe? But like, they (well, only Cosmia but she doesn't really seem to care about comet) can fucking shapeshift lol. How the hell will Crescent even find them? I qualify this as "getting out of the danger zone" because that literally what Cosmia said. Her words, not mine. 

2. Tbh, Crescent mightve ordered her to hide Madame X identity. She wants us out of Xen's business, after all. 

2 bis- ehhhhhhhhhhhh

2 ter- No shit? She does it a lot my guy. If it means we'll be away from Team Xen she'll do anything and everything, probably. 

2 quarter- Crescent is occupied by the time we're in nightmare city (her so called "death") so the timeline doesn't really work. 

3. Nancy is kinda implied to be famous and she's dead+ the public doesn't know about it, so she's a convenient person to use to lure people. No idea why Comet copied us though. Maybe to take the vaccine? 

4. Hell if I know lol. To be fair, Axis High is sus af. The axis high penthouse being super clean despite multiple uni students living there, Talon falling to such an obvious trap, Risa living there, the Saki Twitter shenanigans, Blakeory being the principal, it's all very sus. 

4 bis- perhaps all of Crescent actions are just prolonging the inevitable and Cosmia and Comet aren't aware of it? In nightmsre city, she does say that something is gonna happen soon. 

4 ter- lmao

1 hour ago, iiiiitamar said:

I'm pretty sure that he didn't chose to shapeshift into the MC and he can't change back for some reasen

I mean, it's possible he chose to shape shift into us but he just can't shape shift back.