V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

So,  the mega ring will finally be available.  

After spending the majority of the game creating a small collection of mega stones, i'm understandably more than a little excited. 

Not sure wether its the item Amber wants to give us or received later in the upcoming chapter,  I'm excited. 

So many possibilities. 

There are still lingering plot threads that i need answering.  

Mainly, about the status of our "Mother" and the possible gift left for us by the good doctor. 

I'm betting it's something like nano bots. My mind goes back to the 2000 Teen titans when thinking on that.

As well as those dopplegangers running about the city.

I swear if you don't somehow fit an SA2 faker scene in there, i will find you. And i will hurt you.

.....Not really.  Lol.

Can't wait to see more. Make sure to take regular breaks to avoid burn out.

And Happy new year, guys!

Well. It seems that the Mega-Z ring is going to be among the updates so I see no problem with talking about it a little. Except I, for one, I'm almost more interested about crests.

They're less a battle mode and a design change yes, but they also lack Megas restrictions and in some cases add (not substitute or replace) very interesting effects to make pokemon competitive again. I wonder if there are any crests still to be discovered, even if I think I remember Jan saying the opposite? 

• Veterans
13 hours ago, kithas said:

I wonder if there are any crests still to be discovered, even if I think I remember Jan saying the opposite? 

Dunno where you got this information from, but I doubt anyone's said anything of this sort, so there's no real reason to believe there's not gonna be more crests. I'm not really too sure on the details myself either though, lol.... But I doubt this is the last you'll see of them.

• Like 3

On 1/5/2020 at 12:50 PM, Zumi said:

This week is a rather plentiful week of updates, isn't it? Well I've got one last thing to show off for now! But before we get to what's being added, let's introduce you all to someone!

Some of you might remember this character being on some of Gearen's billboards in older versions of the game + you've also probably met her mother Jolene in the game by now, but I'd like you to meet Volta!

8eJ7WGc.png

In the older versions of Rejuvenation, she was the electric type gym leader, who would go on to retire and be replaced by Erick, who then still played a significantly smaller role than he does now. In the current version of the game she was a gym leader that acted as the stand-in for Saki, but now Erick has taken over her spot as gym leader as she went off to GDC to become a news reporter... Basically reducing her to a character that's only been mentioned once or twice. 

But now you're probably wondering, why haven't we seen more of her yet if she's still somewhat relevant? Well, I'm here to answer that question! In V13, we're adding a hints system that is accessible through the TV's you find in houses. This system is meant to help you find your way around if you're lost on as of where to go next, which is particularly useful when you haven't played in a while and you have no clue where you left off... And Volta will be the one appearing on TV to tell you all about the latest scoops and happenings that will put you back on track! And to go with this new hints system, she got a fresh new look to go along with it as well.

Meet our new Volta!

TwzWgng.pngQTn9bN3.png

Next time you get lost in the game just find the most nearby TV, and Volta will be there to tell you all about the latest happenings so you can find your way back to where you need to go! We hope you will appreciate the addition of the hints system. It's going to be a bit of work to write them all out considering how long the game itself is, but we hope it'll help some of you in the future!

Don't expect these V13 content updates to be this frequent by the way, as this post is about something for which the graphics were finished a few months ago already. Updates in regards to new V13 content will probably remain scarce for a while until we're done with Gen 8 implementation (unless Jan wants to post something about it whenever he feels like it LOL), so please be patient with us for a little while longer as we try to get all of that sorted out first!

Oh, and I completely forgot to mention it in my previous post... but Happy New Year from everyone in the Rejuv dev team! Let's all hope for another great year! 🎉 

Awesome! I always wanted to see more of Volta.

On 1/6/2020 at 3:01 PM, Zumi said:

Dunno where you got this information from, but I doubt anyone's said anything of this sort, so there's no real reason to believe there's not gonna be more crests. I'm not really too sure on the details myself either though, lol.... But I doubt this is the last you'll see of them.

And what about Darmanitan Crest? Is it possible to use on Galarian Darmanitan, in V13?

On 1/7/2020 at 9:06 AM, Draconis said:

We hope you will appreciate the addition of the hints system. It's going to be a bit of work to write them all out considering how long the game itself is, but we hope it'll help some of you in the future!

Kudos to the team for implementing this system in; it's a very neat idea that'll be beneficial to everyone. Love the Volta redesign as well 😁

On 1/6/2020 at 3:01 PM, Zumi said:

I was thinking and maybe what was said was that no longer would crests be suggested by fans, as it was at the end of that kind of thread. Anyways, I'm very happy this isn't the last we're going to hear about them 🙂

I think Jan and the dev team should focus on what we have so far from Swsh. I mean it's probably a pain trying to add the Gen 8 content they have now into the game and considering the sheer amount of infonethat was revealed: Galarian-slowpoke, G-starters and much more, would asking for too much in one version. I say just focus on the content they have now for V13 and V14 will have the expansion.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ArcaneArceus said:

Sword/Shield Expansion

Gamefreak announced a Sword/Shield DLC pack adding in new Galarian forms. Will v13 wait for them to be released later this year, or will they be added as part of the patches to Rejuvenation?

53 minutes ago, Rising Emperor said:

I think Jan and the dev team should focus on what we have so far from Swsh. I mean it's probably a pain trying to add the Gen 8 content they have now into the game and considering the sheer amount of infonethat was revealed: Galarian-slowpoke, G-starters and much more, would asking for too much in one version. I say just focus on the content they have now for V13 and V14 will have the expansion.

Rising Emperor is right, the expansion packs should be set for further versions. We don't know all the new Pokemon coming to them and the expansion packs are releasing on June 2020 and August 2020. That's a long time ahead, so if the dev team decided to add them in v13, progress time would be extended for quite a bit. 😅 The decision is all theirs and I would respect it. 

• Upvote 1

• Veterans

As I explained on discord, our current consensus on the matter is that only base Gen 8 is set to be included with V13. We haven't settled on what we'll do with the DLC additions yet in the sense of whether we're adding those in a patch or in V14. so we can't make any promises on that field yet!

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Rising Emperor said:

You have the point. I was thinking the same thing.

On 1/9/2020 at 4:22 PM, Zumi said:

our current consensus on the matter is that only base Gen 8 is set to be included with V13. We haven't settled on what we'll do with the DLC additions yet in the sense of whether we're adding those in a patch or in V14. so we can't make any promises on that field yet!

Thanks for the update! I’m definitely excited for v13 and no matter what you end up doing, I’ll be happy.

I am very late for the little discussion about the Pokemon Direct in this thread, but I just want to say is that I am more excited about the remake of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team than about the expansion pack for Sword and Shield.  I am a huge sucker for the Mystery Dungeon series and I will say that the story is much better than any main game stories besides Gen 5.

I think I said it before: Yes, I also want to get my hands on the Mega Ring, but with no quantity limit, and no reverting when fainted, some crests are almost better than the Mega-Stones lol