V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

On 12/25/2019 at 6:21 PM, Jan said:

Merry Christmas everyone! 

b4a1cf8aad413a6c95a6dc55930b7e3a.png

It's very cold here... Wonder what's up?

Yeah, even if I was imagining for the cutscene about the protagonist and Ren choosing Legendary Pokemon Zacian/Zamazenta (had protagonist chosen Zacian, Ren would catch Zamazenta but if Zamazenta, Ren would catch Zacian) but without holding Rusted Sword and Rusted Shield. I don't know if it will be realised for the future or a bit early.

Edited by RoyChaos

15 hours ago, Zumi said:

By the way! I mentioned this on Discord, but to those who have done my NPC's sidequest and found the advanced dex reward subpar for the work they put into it, and to those who haven't done it because they felt the reward would be subpar, surprise! In V13, this quest will be rewarded with another thing, but in the long run, so not immediately after completing it (or if you already have, as soon as you load up V13. Even then!). You'll have to wait a bit to be able to obtain the other reward, but it'll be worth it!

Very, very worth it.

:^).

I’ll hold you to that promise! 😍

On 12/25/2019 at 12:21 PM, Jan said:

Merry Christmas everyone! 

b4a1cf8aad413a6c95a6dc55930b7e3a.png

It's very cold here... Wonder what's up?

I'm getting the feeling that we'll be doing another dual story line for this version.  One part is with the protagonist and Venam, the other half with Erin and Kanon.  I do hope we get to play as Venam and Kanon in this version as well, because that icon with their sprite just feels like it is a way to change from one person to the next.

On 12/27/2019 at 10:15 PM, Zumi said:

By the way! I mentioned this on Discord, but to those who have done my NPC's sidequest and found the advanced dex reward subpar for the work they put into it, and to those who haven't done it because they felt the reward would be subpar, surprise! In V13, this quest will be rewarded with another thing, but in the long run, so not immediately after completing it (or if you already have, as soon as you load up V13. Even then!). You'll have to wait a bit to be able to obtain the other reward, but it'll be worth it!

Very, very worth it.

Still can't forgive ur charcter for calling my name odd ;-;

On 12/27/2019 at 4:15 PM, Zumi said:

Very, very worth it.

Mega ring confirmed?

Oh wow! What a great way to ring in 2020 in seeing how Rejuve is progressing! Everything looks spectacular so far so thank you Jan, Zumi, and everyone else who is helping with the new reason! Also happy New Year! 

Will we see more on how Mosely and the children Maman rescued are doing, especially since Mosely is now in charge? Or is it all wrapped up? 

18 minutes ago, Zumi said:

We're slowly chipping away at Gen 8 addition! The most work remains with spriting at the moment -- we could wait for other people to do all of the front sprites, but since it slows down overall development and re-balancing of the game, I've been doing some work for it. myself Here's a couple of sprites for Morgrem and Grimmsnarl I did today!

A5XpcpL.pngiBG91oH.png

My goal for the time being is to do at least five sprites every week so the spriting progress will start keeping a steady pace, since it's been a little hiccup-y lately with the holidays. It's time to get into the swing of things! I'll be showing off more front sprites in the case people from the dev team have done them from scratch as quite a couple of the ones we're using are made by people outside of our dev team... And I doubt backsprites are interesting to show off lol.

Either way, please be patient with us as we're working on this slowly but steadily!

I love them! You did an amazing on those sprites!

Wow! These sprites look amazing. Can't wait to see the rest of the Gen 8 sprites. Take your time Zumi, we all know you, Jan, and the rest of the dev team are working hard and I can wait patiently and be hype for V13 of Rejuvenation.

On 12/27/2019 at 4:45 PM, Zumi said:

Very, very worth it.

what is Zumi referring to with their NPC's sidequest and where can you start it??

It's the sidequest in East Gearen City's Library. After getting Venam's badge you gain access to the second floor of the library. There you meet Zumi's avatar: Zumi, She's give you a sidequest to collect certain pokemon(not spoiling) and after getting all the pokemon, she give u a prize.

12 hours ago, Zumi said:

We're slowly chipping away at Gen 8 addition! The most work remains with spriting at the moment -- we could wait for other people to do all of the front sprites, but since it slows down overall development and re-balancing of the game, I've been doing some work for it. myself Here's a couple of sprites for Morgrem and Grimmsnarl I did today!

A5XpcpL.pngiBG91oH.png

My goal for the time being is to do at least five sprites every week so the spriting progress will start keeping a steady pace, since it's been a little hiccup-y lately with the holidays. It's time to get into the swing of things! I'll be showing off more front sprites in the case people from the dev team have done them from scratch as quite a couple of the ones we're using are made by people outside of our dev team... And I doubt backsprites are interesting to show off lol.

Either way, please be patient with us as we're working on this slowly but steadily!

That's some amazing sprite work right there. Take as much time as you need; we're all willing to wait patiently for the end result.

20 hours ago, Zumi said:

A5XpcpL.pngiBG91oH.png

What about shiny Scorbunny sprite to shiny Cinderace sprite? Shoud its color be black and always red or not?

On 1/2/2020 at 1:40 PM, Zumi said:

A5XpcpL.pngiBG91oH.png

These are really good sprites! Can't wait to see how V13 turns out!

Jan first thing : I want to say thank you and all devs of rejuvenation to able to build a fucking masterpiece game, this is far most game that surrounds us to play and read every piece of dialogue and the story is very well writhing.

I love the story I can see alot of reference with real world stuffs. So congratz to able to make a great game and I'm very glad to play it.

I've a question for you. Since reborn will get 19 eps and post game.

Do you know whats average total eps are you plain to do with rejuvenation?

I mean besides the main story you put in every single chapter.

How much do you have in mind?
Don't worry about time to develeop this game.

I'll wait whatever time you want. You've put alot of effort on it and I respect it alot.

Best Regards.

Thanks for all the work you guys are putting into Rejuv! I have been wondering, with the addition of Gen 8, how will some of the more unique evolutions work? 

I’d assume that Farfetc’d -> Sirfetch'd would stay the same, as would Milcery -> Alcremie. However, Mime Jr. doesn’t have a different Galarian form and Mime Jr. -> Galarian Mr. Mime only occurs because it’s in Sword and Shield. Galarian Yamask -> Runegrigus requires a specific area only in Galar. How are they going to fit in Aevium?

1 minute ago, ArcaneArceus said:

Thanks for all the work you guys are putting into Rejuv! I have been wondering, with the addition of Gen 8, how will some of the more unique evolutions work? 

I’d assume that Farfetc’d -> Sirfetch'd would stay the same, as would Milcery -> Alcremie. However, Mime Jr. doesn’t have a different Galarian form and Mime Jr. -> Galarian Mr. Mime only occurs because it’s in Sword and Shield. Galarian Yamask -> Runegrigus requires a specific area only in Galar. How are they going to fit in Aevium?

Probably have Mime Jr. evolve in a snowy area to evolve into Galarian Form Mr. Mime and for Galarian Yamask, have it hold some kind of item and have it have taken 49 damage.

28 minutes ago, Zumi said:

This week is a rather plentiful week of updates, isn't it? Well I've got one last thing to show off for now! But before we get to what's being added, let's introduce you all to someone!

Some of you might remember this character being on some of Gearen's billboards in older versions of the game + you've also probably met her mother Jolene in the game by now, but I'd like you to meet Volta!

8eJ7WGc.png

In the older versions of Rejuvenation, she was the electric type gym leader, who would go on to retire and be replaced by Erick, who then still played a significantly smaller role than he does now. In the current version of the game she was a gym leader that acted as the stand-in for Saki, but now Erick has taken over her spot as gym leader as she went off to GDC to become a news reporter... Basically reducing her to a character that's only been mentioned once or twice. 

But now you're probably wondering, where did she go and why haven't we met her yet if she's still somewhat relevant? Well, I'm here to answer that question! In V13, we're adding a hints system that is accessible through the TV's you find in houses. This system is meant to help you find your way around if you're lost on as of where to go next, which is particularly useful when you haven't played in a while and you have no clue where you left off... And Volta will be the one appearing on TV to tell you all about the latest scoops and happenings that will put you back on track! And to go with this new hints system, she got a fresh new look to go along with it as well.

Meet our new Volta!

TwzWgng.pngQTn9bN3.png

Next time you get lost in the game just find the most nearby TV, and Volta will be there to tell you all about the latest happenings so you can find your way back to where you need to go! We hope you will appreciate the addition of the hints system. It's going to be a bit of work to write them all out considering how long the game itself is, but we hope it'll help some of you in the future!

Don't expect these V13 content updates to be this frequent by the way, as this post is about something for which the graphics were finished a few months ago already. Updates in regards to new V13 content will probably remain scarce for a while until we're done with Gen 8 implementation (unless Jan wants to post something about it whenever he feels like it LOL), so please be patient with us for a little while longer as we try to get all of that sorted out first!

Oh, and I completely forgot to mention it in my previous post... but Happy New Year from everyone in the Rejuv dev team! Let's all hope for another great year! 🎉 

Take your time! And Happy late New Year to you too!

I remember the two news reporters at the entrance of GDC having lost Volta, so I think it will be solved too hahah

And yeah I like she has again appearances jn the game