V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

1 hour ago, reaper. said:

so defog can now nullify terrains in gen 8 (stated by bulbapedia). will it also nullify the field effects of rejuv??

That would be OP. I think it will only apply to some of them, like Misty, for example

4 hours ago, Gastronely said:

That would be OP. I think it will only apply to some of them, like Misty, for example

i checked the pokemons who could learn defog and the ones who learn it naturally, we get them late in the game and that amount is only 6 excluding galar poke(10 including) . the others need to be breeded or taught by a move tutor.

Spoiler

Okay, after looking over things a bit, I've noticed there are only 2 empty slots in the Rift Dex as of V12. I think we can safely assume one of the remaining Rifts is Regice, but what would the other one be? I'm personally tempted to guess Registeel, but I feel like they're going to save the last Rift for the endgame, meaning it could be something else. What do you guys think?

6 hours ago, Draconis said:
  Hide contents

Okay, after looking over things a bit, I've noticed there are only 2 empty slots in the Rift Dex as of V12. I think we can safely assume one of the remaining Rifts is Regice, but what would the other one be? I'm personally tempted to guess Registeel, but I feel like they're going to save the last Rift for the endgame, meaning it could be something else. What do you guys think?

I´m pretty sure that we have to face a rift Beheeyem at one point, bec it was also hinted when the mysterious red woman battled Crescent she talked about her secret weapon and the Beheeyem sound was the last thing heard. 

Registeel would be pretty cool but im not that sure how we face it if it really belongs to Hazuki and she is on our side (at least i think, maybe thomas got her corrupted since the time we met her in the past)

12 hours ago, Kikss said:

I´m pretty sure that we have to face a rift Beheeyem at one point, bec it was also hinted when the mysterious red woman battled Crescent she talked about her secret weapon and the Beheeyem sound was the last thing heard. 

Registeel would be pretty cool but im not that sure how we face it if it really belongs to Hazuki and she is on our side (at least i think, maybe thomas got her corrupted since the time we met her in the past)

Spoiler

That sounds like a solid idea!

Oh, and another thing I'd like to bring up, I was looking through the TM list for Gen 8, and I noticed that the only entirely new move that was made a TM was Breaking Swipe. Will Breaking Swipe be a TM in Rejuvenation, or will we be able to access it by some other means? Not trying to pester or anything, I just thought I should mention it.

13 hours ago, Kikss said:

That or we go up a rift arceus or something.

Spoiler

Spoiler

According to the lore of the game, the Arceus we know is just 1 part out of 3 of his true form after it got boned by a meteorite. So what if team Xen or someone else uses rift matter to make arceus to return to or something similar to that form

Spoiler

Spoiler

Also i doubt that meteorite was a normal meteorite, Because Arceuses true form was extremely powerful so the fact that it was forced to split into three parts with two of those parts basically dead indicates that the meteorite is possibly more than it seems

14 hours ago, Kenneth said:

Some abilities were changed in gen 8. They used to work much better, in previous 7th gen...

Will you keep abilities as they were, but update move(pool)s only?

Yeah most notable is intimidate really got nerved they are at least 5 abilities that blocks intimidate now 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, enderowl said:

Would be neat if the protagonist gets winter clothing for going over to Neverwinter.

that would be nice tho it may take them time to do so but as it at 35% we can hope jan is go it in he to do list 

4 hours ago, Zumi said:

Hey hey all! Figured I'd be giving a little update on Gen 8 sprite progression!

Not counting the shinies, we're over halfway done with all the sprites -- 62% of them are done, to be exact!! HELLA. 

We have a vast majority of the front sprites (we're literally only missing like... 10) with a couple still needing some cleanup as some of the sprites we collected were not quite suitable yet for use within essentials. The biggest chunk of work still lies within the backsprites, of which we're still missing plenty... But fortunately, yours truly is planning to make a decent dent in that amount of remaining sprites this week! There's been a bit of stagnation with the sprites -- I'm just as guilty of it -- but it's gotten to a point where I'm just thinking that the sooner Gen 8 implementation is done, the faster we can shift gears and focus on V13 itself. Hopefully this'll let us pick up the pace!

For now, have some Nickit and Thievul sprites! The original front sprites were done by KingOfThe-X-Roads, while I cleaned the sprites up and did their backsprites.

Hide contents

cZow759.pngCIaUZz0.png

UuwzslE.pngnApsw9O.png

I'm not suprised but it's good if you complete. How about it? I'm going to give you a little surprise if you 100% Gen 8 sprite progression.

8 hours ago, Zumi said:

Hey hey all! Figured I'd be giving a little update on Gen 8 sprite progression!

Not counting the shinies, we're over halfway done with all the sprites -- 62% of them are done, to be exact!! HELLA. 

We have a vast majority of the front sprites (we're literally only missing like... 10) with a couple still needing some cleanup as some of the sprites we collected were not quite suitable yet for use within essentials. The biggest chunk of work still lies within the backsprites, of which we're still missing plenty... But fortunately, yours truly is planning to make a decent dent in that amount of remaining sprites this week! There's been a bit of stagnation with the sprites -- I'm just as guilty of it -- but it's gotten to a point where I'm just thinking that the sooner Gen 8 implementation is done, the faster we can shift gears and focus on V13 itself. Hopefully this'll let us pick up the pace!

For now, have some Nickit and Thievul sprites! The original front sprites were done by KingOfThe-X-Roads, while I cleaned the sprites up and did their backsprites.

Hide contents

cZow759.pngCIaUZz0.png

UuwzslE.pngnApsw9O.png

Oh, now this...

This is beautiful!

There's more pokemon fan made games who gives two or more ending routes. I swear. Oh, god. I hate bad endings. I hope that won't happen in this game.

Edited by RoyChaos

I don't think there's a Bad Ending per se, like it would be every time we lose a battle. And even plot-wise, we have the Doomed Timeline. I think there may be many endings in which the characters end in different places emotionally (like having friendship with some of them but not all) and then a Golden Ending where everything is how it's supposed to be.