TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

Damn, he ended up in a tough position getting Mega Mawile after Adrienn switched to the Fairy Tale Field and as we all predicted he tried to use Debbie's fire and left that battle still not understanding the reason xe was immune to it. 
The silver lining is that this nonetheless should have taught him that Debbie will not be the answer to Titania. Even though fire can hit her, it will do neutral damage to her since she resists Dragon and I doubt he'll even consider the terrain move route to get rid of the Fairy Tale Field. 

Though I think using Fire while the Mist is still up is still broken somehow. 

First attempt I one-shot Mega Mawile with a Flame Plate boosted Flair Blitz from my Charizard. 

I needed several attempts to defeat Adrienn as I do with most gym and boss battles but it took me about THREE attempts to be able to repeat that Mega Mawile one-shot as the stupid thing would somehow manage to survive the same assault in the red. Then Charizard would be one-shotted by Rock Slide. 

It was the same exact attack every single time, NO stat boosts or reductions and although I didn't pay much attention to the text I'm 99% certain neither one-shot was a crit. 

I just barely won the battle by poisoning Ryannon at it's last sliver of HP with my ever reliable Drapion who was my last Pokemon and also so low on HP that if Ryannon hadn't gone down to poison damage I don't know that I could have pulled off the win.  I'd already used up my 2 Max Revives. 

2 hours ago, Mia789 said:

I know everyone can play like he/she/xe wants but I am kinda disapointed he won mostly (in my opinion) cause of

Reveal hidden contents

X-Items and double team.

I hoped he would forget to restock them and would try to win without.

*sigh*. Indeed. Although the juice didn't quite OP him here as it did in Devon Corp since he used them on Debbie and couldn't use fire, it's still frustrating watching him struggle less and not have to redo battles at least three times. It kind of undermines the challenge and by extension the players who go at it with actual strategy.  

*shrug* However, as less interesting as it is to watch, there is nothing illegal about it. Not everyone is up for the challenge and the items are even made easily and infinitely accessible so Ame herself must not disapprove. 

Edited by Devilish

He'll be SO CONFUSED when he gets to Titania...

*uses Flamethrower*

*opponent resists/is immune*

What? Must be Shade distorting the type chart!

At least in the battle against Adrienn he had two Poison types. That's what saved him.

7 hours ago, Devilish said:

Damn, he ended up in a tough position getting Mega Mawile after Adrienn switched to the Fairy Tale Field and as we all predicted he tried to use Debbie's fire and left that battle still not understanding the reason xe was immune to it. 
The silver lining is that this nonetheless should have taught him that Debbie will not be the answer to Titania. Even though fire can hit her, it will do neutral damage to her since she resists Dragon and I doubt he'll even consider the terrain move route to get rid of the Fairy Tale Field. 

Though I think using Fire while the Mist is still up is still broken somehow. 

First attempt I one-shot Mega Mawile with a Flame Plate boosted Flair Blitz from my Charizard. 

I needed several attempts to defeat Adrienn as I do with most gym and boss battles but it took me about THREE attempts to be able to repeat that Mega Mawile one-shot as the stupid thing would somehow manage to survive the same assault in the red. Then Charizard would be one-shotted by Rock Slide. 

It was the same exact attack every single time, NO stat boosts or reductions and although I didn't pay much attention to the text I'm 99% certain neither one-shot was a crit. 

I just barely won the battle by poisoning Ryannon at it's last sliver of HP with my ever reliable Drapion who was my last Pokemon and also so low on HP that if Ryannon hadn't gone down to poison damage I don't know that I could have pulled off the win.  I'd already used up my 2 Max Revives. 

*sigh*. Indeed. Although the juice didn't quite OP him here as it did in Devon Corp since he used them on Debbie and couldn't use fire, it's still frustrating watching him struggle less and not have to redo battles at least three times. It kind of undermines the challenge and by extension the players who go at it with actual strategy.  

*shrug* However, as less interesting as it is to watch, there is nothing illegal about it. Not everyone is up for the challenge and the items are even made easily and infinitely accessible so Ame herself must not disapprove. 

Well Ttar doesn't want to lose anymore member that's the reason and if you want to watch him strugle watch Extreme

I know this is personal opinion, but I don't mind him using x items at all. I watch him since 2015, commentary and reactions are the entertaining thing in his videos, not the way he plays them. One can like the story of Reborn, but the difficulty can re frustrating sometimes. Nothing wrong with using some legal items to go forward. I prefer that than watch him try the same battle 15 times and then inevitably rage quit the game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Serenity04 said:

I know this is personal opinion, but I don't mind him using x items at all. I watch him since 2015, commentary and reactions are the entertaining thing in his videos, not the way he plays them. One can like the story of Reborn, but the difficulty can re frustrating sometimes. Nothing wrong with using some legal items to go forward. I prefer that than watch him try the same battle 15 times and then inevitably rage quit the game.

yep his crazy amazing commentary is exactly why I follow him. it's still a little frustrating to me though to watch him spam X items and potions because it takes from two things that imo make Reborn great and those are the difficulty of the battles and field effects. I wouldn't mind it one bit if his battles exploited the seeds (which are br0ken in some field effects), but since he uses the same cheap tactic for every battle, it makes it not fun to watch. It's more the lost potential there that gets me 😕 but yeah it would be too pretentious to assume that everyone takes enjoyment in the same things I do, and in the end it's like you say- better this than rage quit and nothing 😛

11 minutes ago, Candy said:

yep his crazy amazing commentary is exactly why I follow him. it's still a little frustrating to me though to watch him spam X items and potions because it takes from two things that imo make Reborn great and those are the difficulty of the battles and field effects. I wouldn't mind it one bit if his battles exploited the seeds (which are br0ken in some field effects), but since he uses the same cheap tactic for every battle, it makes it not fun to watch. It's more the lost potential there that gets me 😕 but yeah it would be too pretentious to assume that everyone takes enjoyment in the same things I do, and in the end it's like you say- better this than rage quit and nothing 😛

The story is what kept me in the game, too. I enjoy the difficulty, but to an extend. Maybe it's because I don't have the time to grind for every single gym leader, you need different pokemon for each one of them. I am not good in strategizing, either. So, I leave the game for months at a time, because I don't have the time to grind 2-3 new pokemon. The x items are given, obviously, for people who don't want to strategize or grind for hours. I get your point, that this way takes some fun out for certain people, we'll see how it goes in the future. With all these things said, Reborn is still the best pokemon game I have ever played 😄 

True Reborn is the best Pokemon game I ever played for me. I liked Rejuvenation, Fullmoon and Insurgence a lot but nothing is as good as Reborn. I love the story the characters and the oerall difficulty (but with means to pass it)

I am glad he didnt quit and trained 2 other mons for the gym battle he could use.

1 hour ago, Candy said:

I wouldn't mind it one bit if his battles exploited the seeds (which are br0ken in some field effects), but since he uses the same cheap tactic for every battle, it makes it not fun to watch. It's more the lost potential there that gets me 😕 

I feel the same. Seeds are just strong but change each field but X-Items are always the same. I love his commentary just hope he will reduce them and not use them every battle. I dont want him to quit and loose a lot (like at the beginning) but I just didnt feel the exciting feeling in the last 2 episode with the X-Items.

While I'm also not fond of the X-item spamming, his fun comes first. And to be honest, it would be much worse for his playthrough if he were stuck every time there's a challenging fight. This way we don't have to wait too long for his vids and the story can progress smoother.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

considering how hard he's made this game on himself, I don't have a problem with him spamming assists to win gym battles

dude's dumber than a box of hammers sometimes, but that's a part of his charm and why he's entertaining....you can tell he does love this game.

• Like 1

I agree, our boy TTar really does sometimes appear like an idiot who has never played Pokémon, but instantly wants to play hard mode. He makes questionable decisions that you wouldn't want to do that way considering the rules he chose to play by (like nuzlocke rules for example).

On the other hand it is quite entertaining to watch him struggle as he tries to climb out of the pitfalls he dug for himself.

And let's be honest here for a second: While most viewers of any nuzlocke let's play (by ANY given let's player on youtube, or other platforms) obviously want to see if the player can make it all the way through, some of us are also sadistic bastards (a least a little) and want to see the player suffer XD

Or am i the only one?

I really have no problem watching him struggle against hard battles for extended periods of time     :          ^)

Regardless, i would be fine with how he plays if he didn't act like he's doing some big brain pro play strats and be proud of em.

20 hours ago, Devilish said:

X items are being moved to the penthouse for E19 which is probably gonna be after Elite 4

tbh I find very little pride in battles that I win due to X-items I realized that I went overboard with them during the mansion gauntlet and tried really hard not to use them anymore.

The only exception I find for this case is if you find them off the ground, then they are fair game.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Black_Phoenix said:

Well Ttar doesn't want to lose anymore member that's the reason and if you want to watch him strugle watch Extreme

As of late he's been choosing the Pokemon he offs anyway so he might as well just ax the death rule altogether. He should

6 hours ago, Candy said:

yep his crazy amazing commentary is exactly why I follow him.

Same, his commentary and his reactions are what I look forward to in every episode. 
The first time I watched him, however, it was that and the crazy awesome AU storyline in his Alpha Sapphire Extreme Randomizer that enlightened us as to the true Pokemon god which is The Peeko!

4 hours ago, Edo said:

While I'm also not fond of the X-item spamming, his fun comes first.

I concur that fun is important and am no stranger to the frustration this game can bring. 

It's not the X items themselves that bother me but this:

1 hour ago, DemICE said:

i would be fine with how he plays if he didn't act like he's doing some big brain pro play strats and be proud of em.

He turned to them after going at the game for months with pure brute force, no strategies whatsoever and blaming the game. Then when he starts using the X items he calls THAT a strategy and acts as though his juiced up Pokemon are gods.  

Admittedly, I'm no expert strategist but I still prepare an at least 50% different team for each gym battle and consider the field effects and other factors besides type match-ups. I.e the fact that Titania might be a Steel user but has two Pokemon that can use Earthquake, a move that is super effective against Ground types, a type that would otherwise be super effective against steel. Hence I'm focusing largely on fighting types but am also working with my own Earthquake users for insurgence and for Klefki if none of her other team. I've also taught my Slyveon Misty Terrain and am attempting to use that to go at Klefki and Ageislash with my Charizard. 

Ttar doesn't put much thought into the field effects or how the gym leaders use them or else doesn't seem to understand them. He might sometimes read the notes when he obtains them but not only will he not consider them in his choice of Pokemon but once he's actually on the field it'll be wiped from his brain. 

We just saw a perfect example in this last episode. He got through that entire Adrienn gym battle and still remains ignorant of the reason Debbie's fire couldn't touch xyr. 
Granted the whole dragon thing wasn't clear to me in the notes but as soon as I saw: "It doesn't effect Whimsicott" I got a clue even if I didn't understand it and stopped using fire when the field was changed (I got lucky on my successful run and avoided the fairy tale field altogether by one shotting Whimsicott before it even had a chance to move, bless Chloe my super fast Swanna).  

Another example is with Terra. He read the Glitch field notes and then boxed Myson because of it's ground weakness after literally just reading that Steel doesn't exist in the glitch field. Then there was the whole Monkia Ominous Wind stat boost thing. 

Crap, I sound like I'm dissing now. I'm NOT, I swear or I don't mean to. 

Bottom line is that he's not putting much effort into the mechanics of the game before turning to the X items. He's playing this game like a mainstream and, literally at times (i.e the Monkia thing), calling it BS.
That's the reason I'm not so fond of seeing him use the X items and that he piles them on so that he's way OP. If he just used one or two I'd be more cool with it. 

Of course, I want him to enjoy the game but he should at least try to understand how it's intended to be played and mix the X items with strategy. He's dishonoring Ame's death! Lol. 

Edited by Devilish

6 hours ago, Candy said:

yep his crazy amazing commentary is exactly why I follow him. 

Never forget Detective Pikachu series 🙂 

His Shade-crafting actually brought something useful for once. How come none of Shade's projections involved Ame? I find that a bit suspicious as her death was too important, storywise.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SilverAngelus said:

Never forget Detective Pikachu series 🙂 

I gotta watch the movie. My best friend said it was cute and it looks interesting even though the live action Pokemon kinda look weird and like stuffed animals. 

11 minutes ago, SilverAngelus said:

His Shade-crafting actually brought something useful for once. How come none of Shade's projections involved Ame? I find that a bit suspicious as her death was too important, storywise.

Indeed, he's very plot observant and this was a intriguing catch. 
I also find it odd that Shade's projections showed a past event (Corey's suicide). What's the point of that?

Edited by Devilish

1 hour ago, DemICE said:

I really have no problem watching him struggle against hard battles for extended periods of time     :          ^)

Regardless, i would be fine with how he plays if he didn't act like he's doing some big brain pro play strats and be proud of em.

Hahaha, yes^^ His "pro strats" are hilarious to the point where i'm like "Dude, the only reason you had to do this 'big brain pro play' is because you effed up your own Mons by yourself!"

From a competetive players point of view he does make a lot of mistakes and digs his own grave all the time by doing things like not teaching Blizzard to a Pokémon that gets to use the ability Snow Warning, or even worse, delete the best STAB move on his Pokémon for some random move that will NEVER be as useful.

However, from an entertainment value point of view that is way more entertaining than watching TV nowadays^^ His wild theories are a constant source of laughter, as you do know how wrong he is at times, if you already completed the game up to the current end. His constant blaming of Shade for everything makes him look like one of those crazy conspiracy theorists that believe in flat earth or other BS like that....

And watching him suffer because he just dug another hole for himself to fall into has a lot of entertainment value on his own as well.....

43 minutes ago, LeoYT said:

X items are being moved to the penthouse for E19 which is probably gonna be after Elite 4

tbh I find very little pride in battles that I win due to X-items I realized that I went overboard with them during the mansion gauntlet and tried really hard not to use them anymore.

The only exception I find for this case is if you find them off the ground, then they are fair game.

I am not using X-Items in general, as i feel like you don't need any of those if you just come up with a decent strategy. And there have always been multiple ways on how to beat any given trainer at this point. Being a competetive player i can't use items in battles against other players anyway, no much of a difference there for me. For healing items however, i feel like those are okay, as even the gym leaders and other important trainer battles are using them.

I don't really care whether you can freely buy them at an early point in the game already, or only after beating the league. However, some players might not be happy if they lose access to these items.

5 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

However, from an entertainment value point of view that is way more entertaining than watching TV nowadays^^ His wild theories are a constant source of laughter, as you do know how wrong he is at times, if you already completed the game up to the current end. His constant blaming of Shade for everything makes him look like one of those crazy conspiracy theorists that believe in flat earth or other BS like that....

Yet he also manages to be surprisingly insightful. I'm impressed with how he manages that. 

6 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

And watching him suffer because he just dug another hole for himself to fall into has a lot of entertainment value on his own as well.....

Exactly and his over use of the X items is taking away from that a bit. 

2 hours ago, Devilish said:

Bottom line is that he's not putting much effort into the mechanics of the game before turning to the X items. He's playing this game like a mainstream and, literally at times (i.e the Monkia thing), calling it BS.
That's the reason I'm not so fond of seeing him use the X items and that he piles them on so that he's way OP. If he just used one or two I'd be more cool with it. 

1 hour ago, Devilish said:

Exactly and his over use of the X items is taking away from that a bit. 

You nailed it perfectly. I sometimes enjoy watching youtube use them in playtroughs in dire situations but they normaly use a few and not power themselves up to the maximum. Also I am one of those people that torture myself to the end an try diffrent strategies and read every tip and note he rarely does it like you said before.

I

2 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

I don't really care whether you can freely buy them at an early point in the game already, or only after beating the league. However, some players might not be happy if they lose access to these items.

Maybe I dislike using them cause I never knew or cared about them till I saw people use them in videos. But I agree a few would miss them.
Anyway I am curious how his journey will unfold and how long we have to wait for the next episode. Sadly I am not that interested into his other plays as much as Reborn and hope he doesnt take a long break.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devilish said:

I gotta watch the movie. My best friend said it was cute and it looks interesting even though the live action Pokemon kinda look weird and like stuffed animals. 

Indeed, he's very plot observant and this was a intriguing catch. 
I also find it odd that Shade's projections showed a past event (Corey's suicide). What's the point of that?

I never got to see the movie 😕

I'm talking about Ttar's take on the game Detective Pikachu! His commentary as he played the game made it 10000x better in my and Candy's opinion. 

I think there are four stories/prophecies Shade wanted to tell. One of them already happened when the player got to the Yureyu Power plant, that being Corey's fall. Since that was a past event, that helps establish some credibility that these four events will happen. 

I don't know where you are up to in the game, so if you haven't played till the end of v18, I don't recommend you click on this spoiler tag.

Spoiler

And as we've seen so far, all four events did play out. Corey falls, Kiki leaves for good, Amaria jumps, and someone in armor gets stabbed.

Only the Reborn development team can tell us what happens now....

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, SilverAngelus said:
  Hide contents
Spoiler

And as we've seen so far, all four events did play out. Corey falls, Kiki leaves for good, Amaria jumps, and someone in armor gets stabbed.

Only the Reborn development team can tell us what happens now....

Spoiler

Spoiler

4th Scene didn't show someone in armour getting stabbed though. it showed a flash of light and then Lins body falling to pieces. which I think *will* still happen, but not be her death

• Thanks 1