TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

9 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

The only difference is that Adrienn starts out on a Misty Field and will try to use Whimsicott's Tailwind to transform it into Fairy Tale Field, while Titania starts out on Fairy Tale Field right away.

So then the best field strategy would be to mist it and then turn it corrosive?

7 hours ago, Black_Phoenix said:

Like who wants to bet Ttar will look everywhere even outside reborn city for participants for the gym challenge

Yup, I'm feeling it. In addition, I feel it more than likely that he won't understand that he doesn't have to find all 15. 

7 hours ago, Black_Phoenix said:

For titania Debbie will be useless as that fast exacadrill will sweep him Personally I had to get a dugtrion with 260 speed to outspeed the excadrill.

Damn. Good thing I'm growing a bunch of Custap berries. I just gotta decide who gets 'em and who if I decide to hand them out at all will get a Magical Seed. 

~~~~

Here's another pool, what's the bet that he's gonna go with Debbie on Whimsicott and get all pissed off that the game is broken when she can't touch it. Like he did with Monkia in the Terra battle. 

True I never used X-items I rather torment myself with switching teams around and finding a tactic that works.

Same here!
For example I'm focusing on Fighting Types for Titania. So far I've got Lucario, Pangoro, Chesnaught and Scrafty on my team with two of my main aces, Charizard and Swanna. 
Charizard might be useless against Titania but as I've read there is a Zekrom/Reshriam (dependent on which route your on) battle in her castle/gym so I'm counting on him for that. I recently gave him two dragon moves on top of his fire. Swanna I believe could stand a chance against Excadrill. She's one of my fastest Pokemon and might be one of them getting a Custap berry.  

Edited by Devilish

12 hours ago, Devilish said:

what's the bet that he's gonna go with Debbie on Whimsicott and get all pissed off that the game is broken when she can't touch it. Like he did with Monkia in the Terra battle.

It is likely for that to happen, as he doesn't care about field effects that much in general, and it always strikes him by surprise whenever he has to realize he effed up because he ignored field effects.

12 hours ago, Devilish said:

So then the best field strategy would be to mist it and then turn it corrosive?

It is certainly the easiest way to make sure you won't have to deal with the Fairy Tale Field. Or you use another terrain move every 5 turns.

Well Fire types can still be useful against Titania if you teach them Will-o-Wisp, but there's no way Ttar will find the Mirage Tower by accident, not even if someone were to tell him how since he'd likely get sidetracked by something and just forget about it.

11 hours ago, Black_Phoenix said:

I tested the excadrill's speed long ago and it is about 250 so good luck and plus get some ground types two in between those fighting types too.

So ground types can still be useful despite her having Earthquake on her team twice?
I just might have to bring my Garchomp back on the team then. But I have no idea who of my fighting types I'd let go of. 
I guess it might be inevitable that I'll have to let go of my beloved ace Swanna. It's stupid but this would be hard to do because it'll literally be her first time in the PC since I hatched her from the Obsida Slums egg. 

I would swap out my Pangoro but I like that he has Scrappy for Aegislash. 

10 hours ago, Edo said:

Well Fire types can still be useful against Titania if you teach them Will-o-Wisp, but there's no way Ttar will find the Mirage Tower by accident, not even if someone were to tell him how since he'd likely get sidetracked by something and just forget about it.

Where is this Mirage Tower? I haven't found any such place myself. 
Will-O-Wisp would be pretty good since on top of the burn damage it lowers attack and according to Adrienn over the Telecom Titania is very offensive which fits her personality quite perfectly. I'm actually a bit surprised though glad that she doesn't have a heavier team, i.e Mega Steelix and Lucario. Not that I am underestimating that Mega Scizor or any of the rest of her team. Not in this game. 

10 hours ago, Black_Phoenix said:

I am just curious as to how many episodes will he take to do the scrapyard puzzle and will he explore all of tourmaline.

There's no way it'll be less than two. Tourmaline Desert is the largest area of the game, it's even obvious on the map. 

As for the scrapyard puzzle, I can see him struggling with that. It had me getting frustrated as for the longest time I was completely unable to locate one of the vital areas. I even looked up YT videos as a guide and upon seeing them start at this aforementioned area I got so confused I thought perhaps the puzzle changed over the versions or varied with the two paths (Zekrom/Reshiram). I'm sitting there going: "Where the fuck is he (the Youtuber)!?"

I'm additionally curious as to whether or not he'll find Sugiline Cave for the Gible event regardless of whether or not he's told about it or even given a map or instructions. This is even more interesting with Taka because you learn the backstory of Solaris and his Garchomp and how Garchomp is a part of his family's history. 

I found it by accident but this is Ttar, it took the dude like ten episodes to find Indra in Agate Circus!

Edited by Devilish

1 hour ago, Devilish said:

Where is this Mirage Tower? I haven't found any such place myself. 
Will-O-Wisp would be pretty good since on top of the burn damage it lowers attack and according to Adrienn over the Telecom Titania is very offensive which fits her personality quite perfectly. I'm actually a bit surprised though glad that she doesn't have a heavier team, i.e Mega Steelix and Lucario. Not that I am underestimating that Mega Scizor or any of the rest of her team. Not in this game. 

Above Sugiline Cave's entrance, there's a path to the right which leads to ruins and dirty puddles. But if you find at least 3 oases in the desert and touch the Star shards to make them disappear, the Tower will appear at the ruins' place. There's some nice stuff and even two statics (Honedge and Mimikyu). The problem is that there's a diffcult puzzle to get to the top, and it often doesn't appear even after you found 3 oases (it always takes me at least 10 oases until it appears), which is why I doubt that Ttar will even get the TM, let alone find the tower.

Edited by Edo
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Edo said:

Above Sugiline Cave's entrance, there's a path to the right which leads to ruins and dirty puddles. But if you find at least 3 oases in the desert and touch the Star shards to make them disappear, the Tower will appear at the ruins' place. There's some nice stuff and even two statics (Honedge and Mimikyu). The problem is that there's a diffcult puzzle to get to the top, and it often doesn't appear even after you found 3 oases (it always takes me at least 10 oases until it appears), which is why I doubt that Ttar will even get the TM, let alone find the tower.

Thanx. 
I came across one oasis while exploring with Taka but didn't see a star shard or even realize it was significant anyway. 

Edited by Devilish

4 hours ago, Black_Phoenix said:

He sure will maybe he will look up tutorials for the first time ever (almost)

Nah, he'll probably just wander around bitching that he never actually got out of Devon Corp. He lost to DJ Lancerock and his punishment is that Lin has him trapped in a virtual reality (this would also explain why Debbie's fire didn't effect Adrienn's Whimsicott). 😂 Or something like that. 

Edited by Devilish

man what a great gym battle was so close he got so lucky the gardevoir hit the slot of the dark pokemon who knows what would have happened if it killed belly turn 1.

completely missed the fire immunity as expected

its wide guard thamill not quick guard XD

I know everyone can play like he/she/xe wants but I am kinda disapointed he won mostly (in my opinion) cause of

Spoiler

X-Items and double team.

I hoped he would forget to restock them and would try to win without.

Like most guessed he forgot about the fire -> dragon mentioned. I just hope he doesnt tries to win every battle with this tactic now. I kinda loved seeing him struggling and winning anyhow. Cant wait to see him at the glass factory.

37 minutes ago, Mia789 said:

I know everyone can play like he/she/xe wants but I am kinda disapointed he won mostly (in my opinion) cause of

That's by now his style of battling tho tbh. Forgets to buy potions but never the X items ✅

I feel like anyone can win with any team like this, but I guess trying 4 times and finally winning like a real challenge ain't for everyone lol

• Haha 1

Damn, he ended up in a tough position getting Mega Mawile after Adrienn switched to the Fairy Tale Field and as we all predicted he tried to use Debbie's fire and left that battle still not understanding the reason xe was immune to it. 
The silver lining is that this nonetheless should have taught him that Debbie will not be the answer to Titania. Even though fire can hit her, it will do neutral damage to her since she resists Dragon and I doubt he'll even consider the terrain move route to get rid of the Fairy Tale Field. 

Though I think using Fire while the Mist is still up is still broken somehow. 

First attempt I one-shot Mega Mawile with a Flame Plate boosted Flair Blitz from my Charizard. 

I needed several attempts to defeat Adrienn as I do with most gym and boss battles but it took me about THREE attempts to be able to repeat that Mega Mawile one-shot as the stupid thing would somehow manage to survive the same assault in the red. Then Charizard would be one-shotted by Rock Slide. 

It was the same exact attack every single time, NO stat boosts or reductions and although I didn't pay much attention to the text I'm 99% certain neither one-shot was a crit. 

I just barely won the battle by poisoning Ryannon at it's last sliver of HP with my ever reliable Drapion who was my last Pokemon and also so low on HP that if Ryannon hadn't gone down to poison damage I don't know that I could have pulled off the win.  I'd already used up my 2 Max Revives. 

2 hours ago, Mia789 said:

Reveal hidden contents

X-Items and double team.

I hoped he would forget to restock them and would try to win without.

*sigh*. Indeed. Although the juice didn't quite OP him here as it did in Devon Corp since he used them on Debbie and couldn't use fire, it's still frustrating watching him struggle less and not have to redo battles at least three times. It kind of undermines the challenge and by extension the players who go at it with actual strategy.  

*shrug* However, as less interesting as it is to watch, there is nothing illegal about it. Not everyone is up for the challenge and the items are even made easily and infinitely accessible so Ame herself must not disapprove. 

Edited by Devilish

He'll be SO CONFUSED when he gets to Titania...

*uses Flamethrower*

*opponent resists/is immune*

What? Must be Shade distorting the type chart!

At least in the battle against Adrienn he had two Poison types. That's what saved him.

I know this is personal opinion, but I don't mind him using x items at all. I watch him since 2015, commentary and reactions are the entertaining thing in his videos, not the way he plays them. One can like the story of Reborn, but the difficulty can re frustrating sometimes. Nothing wrong with using some legal items to go forward. I prefer that than watch him try the same battle 15 times and then inevitably rage quit the game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, Serenity04 said:

I know this is personal opinion, but I don't mind him using x items at all. I watch him since 2015, commentary and reactions are the entertaining thing in his videos, not the way he plays them. One can like the story of Reborn, but the difficulty can re frustrating sometimes. Nothing wrong with using some legal items to go forward. I prefer that than watch him try the same battle 15 times and then inevitably rage quit the game.

yep his crazy amazing commentary is exactly why I follow him. it's still a little frustrating to me though to watch him spam X items and potions because it takes from two things that imo make Reborn great and those are the difficulty of the battles and field effects. I wouldn't mind it one bit if his battles exploited the seeds (which are br0ken in some field effects), but since he uses the same cheap tactic for every battle, it makes it not fun to watch. It's more the lost potential there that gets me 😕 but yeah it would be too pretentious to assume that everyone takes enjoyment in the same things I do, and in the end it's like you say- better this than rage quit and nothing 😛

11 minutes ago, Candy said:

yep his crazy amazing commentary is exactly why I follow him. it's still a little frustrating to me though to watch him spam X items and potions because it takes from two things that imo make Reborn great and those are the difficulty of the battles and field effects. I wouldn't mind it one bit if his battles exploited the seeds (which are br0ken in some field effects), but since he uses the same cheap tactic for every battle, it makes it not fun to watch. It's more the lost potential there that gets me 😕 but yeah it would be too pretentious to assume that everyone takes enjoyment in the same things I do, and in the end it's like you say- better this than rage quit and nothing 😛

The story is what kept me in the game, too. I enjoy the difficulty, but to an extend. Maybe it's because I don't have the time to grind for every single gym leader, you need different pokemon for each one of them. I am not good in strategizing, either. So, I leave the game for months at a time, because I don't have the time to grind 2-3 new pokemon. The x items are given, obviously, for people who don't want to strategize or grind for hours. I get your point, that this way takes some fun out for certain people, we'll see how it goes in the future. With all these things said, Reborn is still the best pokemon game I have ever played 😄 

True Reborn is the best Pokemon game I ever played for me. I liked Rejuvenation, Fullmoon and Insurgence a lot but nothing is as good as Reborn. I love the story the characters and the oerall difficulty (but with means to pass it)

I am glad he didnt quit and trained 2 other mons for the gym battle he could use.

1 hour ago, Candy said:

I wouldn't mind it one bit if his battles exploited the seeds (which are br0ken in some field effects), but since he uses the same cheap tactic for every battle, it makes it not fun to watch. It's more the lost potential there that gets me 😕 

I feel the same. Seeds are just strong but change each field but X-Items are always the same. I love his commentary just hope he will reduce them and not use them every battle. I dont want him to quit and loose a lot (like at the beginning) but I just didnt feel the exciting feeling in the last 2 episode with the X-Items.

While I'm also not fond of the X-item spamming, his fun comes first. And to be honest, it would be much worse for his playthrough if he were stuck every time there's a challenging fight. This way we don't have to wait too long for his vids and the story can progress smoother.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1