TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

12 hours ago, BurntCornNuts said:

What would you guys say is the worse/hardest puzzle in reborn optional or mandatory 

for me it was that magic squares puzzle you gotta do to get the darkinium z and gardevoirite that I only ever did with a walkthrough 

For me it's the Chrysolia Spring's boulder puzzles.

At least the magic squares are actually a puzzle that you need to think far ahead. The boulders on Chrysolia Spring are pretty straightforward with the main problem the time consumed maneuvering the boulder around the bodies of water, said bodies of water sometimes as small as a single title but requiring you to go all the way around and everytime you need to transpose one of them to move the boulder the game requires you to confirm if you are really sure you want to Surf. Basically a more boring and time-consuming version of the Crustle puzzle.

All this for the incredible rewards of a Flame Orb (the only one I ever used in battle), Magmarizer (only useful to get the Magmortar dex entry to obtain the Piopole), Cameruptite and TM43 Flame Charge. Like, really Ame? Thirteen badges for Flame Charge???

9 hours ago, BurntCornNuts said:

What would you guys say is the worse/hardest puzzle in reborn optional or mandatory 

for me it was that magic squares puzzle you gotta do to get the darkinium z and gardevoirite that I only ever did with a walkthrough 

Magic Square is the worst. A lot of puzzles in this game make clever use of new or existing mechanics. Or they incorporate the Pokemon in that environment in fun ways. This puzzle is neither. it is just you trying to solve a number puzzle with very limited controls. The controls are probably the hardest part of the puzzle.

The hardest puzzle, I'm not sure. Finding Beldum is still the puzzle that would be the most difficult to solve on your own since you really need to think outside the box. Once you know what to do it isnt so bad

Hardest mandatory puzzle is still shellys books imo

2 hours ago, TripleHHH said:

All this for the incredible rewards of a Flame Orb (the only one I ever used in battle), Magmarizer (only useful to get the Magmortar dex entry to obtain the Piopole), Cameruptite and TM43 Flame Charge. Like, really Ame? Thirteen badges for Flame Charge???

What sucks more is that I’m pretty sure you can buy them in the department store on floor 11

also flame charge isn’t too terrible but not 13 badges worth 

I rather like the magic square, even though it has faults. The advantage is that you know where you are and can mostly keep track of where you are going. That doesn’t happen in nightmarish labyrinths such as the Wasteland or the Adventurine Woods. 

If you were to give me a spot in the Adventurine Woods, I would probably need to run through at least three quarters of the map before finding it. In the Wasteland, I would probably need to run through the entire map several times and still miss it. 

Similarly, what seems utterly beyond me in the Beldum puzzle is how one manages on their own to find the backwards ledge and then  finds it again. 

Well, since TTar is a genius at puzzles and there are a few puzzles coming up in the near future this could get very much interesting as well, right? I mean, it took hours for him to find Victoria in Reborn City. The graveyard was my first thought back when i was at that point in the game for the first time. Finding DJ Arclight and Adrienn was easy, as both of them were at obvious places where you'd expect them to be, so i just went to the graveyard, as i expected Victoria to visit Kiki's grave.

If he took that long to find Victoria which was a no brainer, i wonder how long it will take to solve the puzzles in the Devon Corp building, finding help for Adrienn prior to the gym battle, or the train puzzle at the scrapyard? None of those are really difficult, but finding help for Adrienn is, at best, rather annoying, especially if you want the best possible reward, as you have to run all the way through all of the city.

But since he has to make it through the Devon Corp building first, and that will consume a full episode in itself, i'd say the earliest he will get to fight Adrienn is the episode after that.

Halle-freaaking-lujah, at least he found Indra!
He's now headed for the two most difficult battles in Devon Corp and Ame's death scene. Dude's so gonna break. 

22 hours ago, Candy said:

Also I'ma gonna say this again but I theorize that Adrienn is a turncoat among us. Xe raises many red flags like:

• Xe has practically brainwashed the whole region to see xem as the savior
  • The region hasn't been destroyed after xe took charge (sounds like xe made an agreement with Team Meteor to spare the region in exchange for xyr cooperation)
  • In Devon corp mission, xe enters with Ame, so it might be that xe overpowered Ame together with other grunts to capture her
  • In Devon corp mission, xe leaves practically unharmed in the end

Damn. These are some sound thoughts which have brought some other red flags to mind. 

In retrospect, xe never expressed remorse for being wrong about the Gardevior situation or faulted El for his deception as Radomus did.

Xe then refused to battle Arclight in Devon Corp. From Arclight's POV, it sounds as though xe was acting under the Belrose creed to not acquiesce to Team Meteor but I can see how it could have been set up to appear that way which does match up with the above observation that apart from the player who wins their way through Adrienn was the only one to leave Devon Corp practically unharmed. 

Just before Devon Corp, I found it suspicious that xe happens to mention wanting to meet xer replacement as the fairy gym leader to Ame and that the replacement abruptly disappeared.

Personally, the whole Adrienn had no idea xe had been trapped beneath the city for 10-years story felt off to me. 
That a gear stopping or whatever derailed the entire flux of time and just for one person doesn't add up for me, why then didn't 10 more years pass while we were down there and that Radomus was the one to offer that explanation is concerning. He then disappeared off the radar after the event at the Sanctum of the Seven. 

To be honest, I really don't want Adrienn to be evil. So even though there are definitely good points, I'll grasp at straws here. 

6 minutes ago, Devilish said:

Xe then refused to battle Arclight in Devon Corp. From Arclight's POV, it sounds as though xe was acting under the Belrose creed to not acquiesce to Team Meteor but I can see how it could have been set up to appear that way which does match up with the above observation that apart from the player who wins their way through Adrienn was the only one to leave Devon Corp practically unharmed. 

The explanation which we're given feels fine. Their behavior sounds smarter than the rest of the cast. Seriously, what is the point of fighting in Devon Corp? If Lin's willing to torture you for losing or not fighting, what makes you believe she'll let you go off scot-free for winning, and let you save your allies too? Better to keep your allies (counting your Pokemon) in shape than get them tired in a pointless fight. 

Similarly, I believe that a lot of the "red flags" are concerning, but the innocent explanation seems consistent enough (although, now that you mention it, it is very suspicious that Radomus volunteers an outlandish explanation). 

About Adrienn making a deal with Meteor to preserve the city -- what would they be getting out of such a deal (the Meteors)? Why does Lin gain, if she's the one, as hinted by Eclipse, who masterminded the PULSE attacks on the city? A bit of extra sadistic satisfaction? Drive home a message? Disorganize the League? A lot of these can be satisfied without the convoluted Devon Corp. setup with very mundane strategies (or with more publicity). Maybe Adrienn could have given them Labradorra, though. 

40 minutes ago, Mindlack said:

To be honest, I really don't want Adrienn to be evil. So even though there are definitely good points, I'll grasp at straws here. 

I don't want Xer to be evil either but I try to be a realist. 

Their behavior sounds smarter than the rest of the cast. Seriously, what is the point of fighting in Devon Corp? If Lin's willing to torture you for losing or not fighting, what makes you believe she'll let you go off scot-free for winning, and let you save your allies too? Better to keep your allies (counting your Pokemon) in shape than get them tired in a pointless fight. 

I concur that xer refusal to battle in Devon Corp has it's legit merit, as I mentioned it's the Belrose creed to not acquiesce an aggressor and here it's nothing but pointless brutality but I believe either scenario is plausible. 

About Adrienn making a deal with Meteor to preserve the city -- what would they be getting out of such a deal (the Meteors)? Why does Lin gain, if she's the one, as hinted by Eclipse, who masterminded the PULSE attacks on the city? A bit of extra sadistic satisfaction? Drive home a message? Disorganize the League? A lot of these can be satisfied without the convoluted Devon Corp. setup with very mundane strategies (or with more publicity). Maybe Adrienn could have given them Labradorra, though. 

There is potential for a Dark Crystal arrangement. As a gym leader Adrienn is an influential figure and influence is powerful. 
Adrienn has currently secured something of a savior status for facilitating the city's restoration so the citizens will be inclined to admire and trust xer. 

Backtracking:

3 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

I mean, it took hours for him to find Victoria in Reborn City. The graveyard was my first thought back when i was at that point in the game for the first time. Finding DJ Arclight and Adrienn was easy, as both of them were at obvious places where you'd expect them to be, so i just went to the graveyard, as i expected Victoria to visit Kiki's grave.

Honestly, I found Victoria by accident myself, I'd gone to the graveyard for a Pumpkaboo encounter as I was catching up on as many of my missed statics as I still could. 😆
Strangely, Simon is not there in my game? Is that another exclusive event to beating Solaris's Garchomp?

Edited by Devilish

1 hour ago, Devilish said:

Honestly, I found Victoria by accident myself, I'd gone to the graveyard for a Pumpkaboo encounter as I was catching up on as many of my missed statics as I still could. 😆
Strangely, Simon is not there in my game? Is that another exclusive event to beating Solaris's Garchomp?

Did you talk to him in the meteor base where you fought the pulse abra? I think you have to talk to him there beforehand 

Also yeah victoria is kinda outta the way as you would think kiki would be buried on apophyll or something and not in the beryl ward cemetery 

19 minutes ago, BurntCornNuts said:

Did you talk to him in the meteor base where you fought the pulse abra? I think you have to talk to him there beforehand 

I don't believe I did. Did I miss out on the super rod then? Isn't Simon in the cemetery the super rod quest? That's what I heard somewhere. 

24 minutes ago, BurntCornNuts said:

Wait just a minute 

is ttars vanilluxe the one you need for the mega z ring? Or is it the one you get in spinel town for buying a vanilla ice cream 

Nah he put the black market mons in a separate box, he uses the one from the ice cream machine.

I concur. He is aware of the necessity of certain black market Pokemon for the mega ring event and put those aside. 
Vanny is the ice cream machine Vanillux.

@Dreamblitz
You might wanna send him a list of all the locations of the Coral Gym volunteers or he's gonna end up wasting a lot of time wandering around talking to EVERY SINGLE NPC in the game since I wouldn't put it past him to not understand that they're all in Reborn City and Reborn City's population alone is huge.

Edited by Devilish

• Global Mods
5 hours ago, Devilish said:

I concur. He is aware of the necessity of certain black market Pokemon for the mega ring event and put those aside. 
Vanny is the ice cream machine Vanillux.

@Dreamblitz
You might wanna send him a list of all the locations of the Coral Gym volunteers or he's gonna end up wasting a lot of time wandering around talking to EVERY SINGLE NPC in the game since I wouldn't put it past him to not understand that they're all in Reborn City and Reborn City's population alone is huge.

4 hours ago, BurntCornNuts said:

Okay whew I was worried there for a sec 

someone should also list out the event mons he’s missed because he has missed out on a lot of mons like magby and the riolu egg 

Yeah I prepped for the black market pokemon quest since the start. no spoilers on the quest itself and especially not the reward (need to preserve the natural reaction to that) though. I'll direct him to the start point once he has another couple of badges. 

As for things like volunteers and event pokemon: this is not a completionist playthrough where he needs to get everything, do things "right" or stress over relationship points. It's not that hard to find the minimum amount of people, and with his nature, he might go around looking for more anyway. would be a good way for him to maybe find some sidequest hooks anyway. basically I don't feel any need to give him a list of locations for them or anything.

As for event pokemon, he's still pretty much sticking to one wild and one static per area (with some ad-hoc decisions for special cases and sub-areas) so again it's not like he needs to find all of them. Plus there's always been the area list which keeps track of where he still has encounters available, and most of the places before neo reborn have hints for a lot of the statics, so he can easily go exploring if he feels the need for new encounters. He already has over a box of potential pokemon to use though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dreamblitz said:

It's not that hard to find the minimum amount of people, and with his nature, he might go around looking for more anyway.

I respectfully disagree. Without a list, one would have to talk to every single NPC in Reborn City as literally any 15 of them apart from the battlers in the Grand Hall could have qualified and again, knowing him, it wouldn't surprise me if the logic escaped him and he searched outside of Reborn City as well just as he searched for some of the missing furniture outside Spinal Town. 

this is not a completionist playthrough where he needs to get everything, do things "right" or stress over relationship points.

We don't know that from his perspective and he's shown himself to be something of a completionist just to see what rewards it entails. He's done every single side quest in the game so far I believe. He found all the police officers even though he needed prompting from the viewers to do so and has done all the sticker quests while 75% of the time not even knowing what the stickers were for. So I feel it quite plausible that he could search for all 15 volunteers. 

As for event pokemon, he's still pretty much sticking to one wild and one static per area (with some ad-hoc decisions for special cases and sub-areas) so again it's not like he needs to find all of them. Plus there's always been the area list which keeps track of where he still has encounters available, and most of the places before neo reborn have hints for a lot of the statics, so he can easily go exploring if he feels the need for new encounters. He already has over a box of potential pokemon to use though.

This point I agree with. 
If he's still following the one static, one wild per area rule (at this point it's hard to tell as he's hasn't really been faithful to his own rules since ending the Nuzlocke) than he's gotten pretty much all he can from his currently available locations and he's been keeping a list for some time so he should be aware of this. 

Technically he might be able to get away with counting post-restoration Reborn City as a new location as a handful of the encounters have changed but the statics have not. 

Edited by Devilish

14 hours ago, Devilish said:

Technically he might be able to get away with counting post-restoration Reborn City as a new location as a handful of the encounters have changed but the statics have not. 

Considering how much change there is to the wild Pokémon encounters when comparing Reborn City's individual areas before and after restoration, it would absolutely not be fair to count them as the same areas, as you would be ruling out the chance to capture any new Pokémon that is only available in post-restoration zones. Not only do they have a higher level, but you can also encounter most of the Pokémon that were available only as statics throughout the city as normal wild encounters now, and also some that were not available at all before, like Bulbasaur on Azurine Island.

That aside the city itself does change so much with the restoration. It really feels like a different city. Yet another reason why post-restoration zones should be counted as new areas.

5 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Considering how much change there is to the wild Pokémon encounters when comparing Reborn City's individual areas before and after restoration, it would absolutely not be fair to count them as the same areas, as you would be ruling out the chance to capture any new Pokémon that is only available in post-restoration zones. Not only do they have a higher level, but you can also encounter most of the Pokémon that were available only as statics throughout the city as normal wild encounters now, and also some that were not available at all before, like Bulbasaur on Azurine Island.

That aside the city itself does change so much with the restoration. It really feels like a different city. Yet another reason why post-restoration zones should be counted as new areas.

Indeed, my thoughts exactly and Bulbasuar on Azurine Island? Damn, I shoulda been all over that before I fought Adrienn but I just beat xem so it's all good. 

Edited by Devilish

5 hours ago, Devilish said:

Indeed, my thoughts exactly and Bulbasuar on Azurine Island? Damn, I shoulda been all over that before I fought Adrienn but I just beat xem so it's all good. 

Bulbasaur is only available after you completed the Azurine Island restoration project. For that you need to donate money to the restauration project first. The earliest this can be done is after beating Adrienn. Sry, no Venusaur for Adrienn^^

Edited by ShogokiX

11 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Bulbasaur is only available after you completed the Azurine Island restoration project. For that you need to donate money to the restauration project first. The earliest this can be done is after beating Adrienn. Sry, no Venusaur for Adrienn^^

Of course, that's the sensible thing. The Ame thing. 😉
How do I donate to the restoration project?

8 hours ago, we38we38 said:

I remeber ttar caught 2 ditto where did got the other one I forgot

Impossible. As Sho said, the 7th Street Ditto is the only one in this game. There are two opportunities to obtain it but it's the same one both times and Ttar missed the first. 
Multiples must be obtained through trading which Ttar doesn't do in his YT playthroughs. 

Edited by Devilish

2 hours ago, Devilish said:

Of course, that's the sensible thing. The Ame thing. 😉
How do I donate to the restoration project?

After you defeated Adrienn you can go to the Grand Hall and there will be some new NPCs behind the counter that have not been there before city restoration. You can talk to one of these guys and you will have the option to donate money for one of three restoration projects. These are the Railnet reconstruction, the makeover of the Obsidia Slums, and the Azurine Island restoration. Pick a project and the NPC will tell you how much you'll have to donate in order to get that project funded. After you pay the funds for the project of your choice you first need to beat the next gym leader to see the changes happen. (That is assuming you have not already beaten one or more of the remaining leaders at the point you start funding projects. I'm not sure how this works in that case, as i always used to fund a new project whenever possible right away.....maybe someone will fill us in on that one?)

Also, by funding at least 1 project you gain access to the floor below the Grand Hall. In one of the rooms there is the storage for the starter Pokémon new trainers can choose from. An NPC in that room will ask for an egg of every 21 starter Pokémon species and will give you a reward if you manage to deliver one of each. Not telling you what that reward is, though. Don't want to spoil the fun.

2 hours ago, Devilish said:

Impossible. As Sho said, the 7th Street Ditto is the only one in this game. There are two opportunities to obtain it but it's the same one both times and Ttar missed the first. 
Multiples must be obtained through trading which Ttar doesn't do in his YT playthroughs. 

Exactly! There is just one single Ditto, but you have two chances to obtain it. Your first chance is in the Blacksteam Factory, at the point where you get locked up in that cell and you have to escape by solving a puzzle that involves using the Pokémon that are locked up there with you. By solving an additional task in that cell you can obtain Ditto for free.

If you miss that first chance you will have your second chance at the 7th Street black market, but this time you'd have to pay 8 green shards for it. If you take a closer look you may notice that all of the Pokémon this guy sells to you are the very same Pokémon that you used to solve the puzzle in Blacksteam Factory.

Edited by ShogokiX

14 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

After you pay the funds for the project of your choice you first need to beat the next gym leader to see the changes happen. (That is assuming you have not already beaten one or more of the remaining leaders at the point you start funding projects. I'm not sure how this works in that case, as i always used to fund a new project whenever possible right away.....maybe someone will fill us in on that one?)

So once I donate I'd still need to beat Titania (my next gym leader battle) before Bulbasaur is available to me?

That's reasonable, a Venusaur would do me little good against steel types anyway and I have Chesnaught (a shiny one 😁) which is part fighting so better suited. 

Also, by funding at least 1 project you gain access to the floor below the Grand Hall. In one of the rooms there is the storage for the starter Pokémon new trainers can choose from. An NPC in that room will ask for an egg of every 21 starter Pokémon species and will give you a reward if you manage to deliver one of each. Not telling you what that reward is, though. Don't want to spoil the fun.

Ooh, color me intrigued. I'll be sure to complete that quest. In fact I already have two spare Poppilo eggs and a spare Chespin egg from previous breeding! I'll have to remove them from my shared box now. I don't even know if I'll ever want to start a new file. 

Your first chance is in the Blacksteam Factory, at the point where you get locked up in that cell and you have to escape by solving a puzzle that involves using the Pokémon that are locked up there with you. By solving an additional task in that cell you can obtain Ditto for free.

Correct and to get Ditto to appear among the Pokemon in Blacksteam Factory you have to have saved the daycare couple and there is a certain Meteor grunt you have to talk to I believe. I neglected the latter out of ignorance. So like Ttar I had to buy the Ditto on 7th Street. 

Edited by Devilish