TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

9 hours ago, Devilish said:

Ttar? Has this account been you the whole time!? 😲 🤣

I am thou, thou art i!

But no, i am most definetely not TTar! If i were, i would be done with nuzlocking both Reborn AND Rejuv by now. (And with WAY less deaths)

In my last Reborn nuzlocke i lost exactly 3 Mons, all of them within the course of the last 3 badges, and all of them to unlucky critical hits. Without those crits i would have had a perfect run XD

23 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

In my last Reborn nuzlocke i lost exactly 3 Mons, all of them within the course of the last 3 badges, and all of them to unlucky critical hits. Without those crits i would have had a perfect run XD

Damn. That's insane. 
I'm barely getting through most of this game and I'll never Nuzlocke Reborn or any other game. 

3 hours ago, Devilish said:

Damn. That's insane. 

You think so? It's all a matter of preparation and some basic Pokémon knowledge. I have been playing very competetive up to Ultra Sun/Moon, but as far as i am concerned i think everyone could be able do that.

This is the first time I've played a Pokemon game with this level of difficulty and honestly I've a lot of the time relied partially on over leveling though in games with the EXP. share that effects the entire party it's not on purpose and I don't necessarily like the amount of control that it takes from me. There were times in Sword where I'd have preferred to turn it off but as far as I've been able to tell, one can't in that gen.

When I do have control I don't go over 5 levels (i.e if a gym leader's strongest Pokemon is level 30 I'll grind to level 35) because even I don't have as much fun if I'm too OP.  

So the obedience cap seemed to have been made to challenge my particular strengths which I find smart but I'm also not used to the AI having such complex strategies that one is almost equal to a player.  

11 hours ago, Devilish said:

This is the first time I've played a Pokemon game with this level of difficulty and honestly I've a lot of the time relied partially on over leveling though in games with the EXP. share that effects the entire party it's not on purpose and I don't necessarily like the amount of control that it takes from me. There were times in Sword where I'd have preferred to turn it off but as far as I've been able to tell, one can't in that gen.

When I do have control I don't go over 5 levels (i.e if a gym leader's strongest Pokemon is level 30 I'll grind to level 35) because even I don't have as much fun if I'm too OP.  

So the obedience cap seemed to have been made to challenge my particular strengths which I find smart but I'm also not used to the AI having such complex strategies that one is almost equal to a player.  

Well, it's not a secret that Reborn is one of the most challenging Pokémon fan games in existence. The fact that the obedience level caps are something that actually affects ALL of your Pokémon is a nice touch, as the official games always made it sound like those would apply to all your Pokémon, yet only your traded ones were ever affected. And as for the AI, i'm sure you have noticed that the important characters like gym leaders, rivals, or major bad guys all have Pokémon with strong move sets and abilities for their level. This was done with competetive play in mind, and a lot of time was invested to make the AI use these in a way as close as possible to what a competetive human player would.

As a result you can see a lot of players who never played on a competetive level struggle quite a lot in Reborn. Shelly is a good example, and you should remember how she flattened you back then^^ Looking at TTar, who had Pokémon that could dominate her entire team easily, if he just had something to Fake Out her Illumise, lost his Blaziken in this fight that he could have won without any casualties. And you saw how much TTar had to struggle during the course of his Let's Play already, not only during the first season with nuzlocke rules, but even now, without nuzlocke rules, he gets his butt kicked a lot. And the way he is throwing away the good Mons one after another he will have a really hard time, as the game won't go easy on him. I don't see him making it through the game unless he stops wasting his team like that.

I think TTar will have a really hard time with the Devon Corp building, as you have to face a few strong fights in there....and after that he's up against Adrienn, who's going for a fairy type double battle.....

On 3/31/2020 at 12:51 AM, ShogokiX said:

As a result you can see a lot of players who never played on a competetive level struggle quite a lot in Reborn.

Well there it is. I'm not into competitive playing. 

Looking at TTar, who had Pokémon that could dominate her entire team easily, if he just had something to Fake Out her Illumise, lost his Blaziken in this fight that he could have won without any casualties. And you saw how much TTar had to struggle during the course of his Let's Play already, not only during the first season with nuzlocke rules, but even now, without nuzlocke rules, he gets his butt kicked a lot.

Ttar illustrates well how one's own preparedness is a significant factor, quite possibly more significant than the game's actual difficulty level because there are more effective ways to handle the difficulty level than others such as the over leveling tactic I explained above. 
Ttar, for example, most of the time tends to go in expecting to just brute force his way through and doesn't choose the strongest of move sets which entails more struggle.

I think TTar will have a really hard time with the Devon Corp building, as you have to face a few strong fights in there

Oh yeah. 
Victoria is pretty easy but Arclight and ZEL are pretty hard.

I think the electrocuting tiles puzzles are also going to prove a challenge for him as I expect he won't figure out that he can avoid electrocution by toggling the tiles or that having a ground Pokemon on your team will prevent the tiles from blacking you out because they're immune.  

Damn I need to get going again, he's catching up to me now. I'm grinding up with Indra for Adrienn. 

8 hours ago, Devilish said:

Ttar illustrates well how one's own preparedness is a significant factor, quite possibly more significant than the game's actual difficulty level because there are more effective ways to handle the difficulty level than others such as the over leveling tactic I explained above. 
Ttar, for example, most of the time tends to go in expecting to just brute force his way through and doesn't choose the strongest of move sets which entails more struggle.

Yes, preparation is important in nuzlocking, even more so for Reborn. This is why it is not recommended to play Reborn as a nuzlocke on your first playthrough. Even in a normal playthrough you want to be prepared for the gym battles (and other major character battles as well). In any official Pokémon game you could just be the guy who never played that gen and just nuzlockes it no problem at all. But in Reborn you have to deal not only with opponents whose Pokémon use strong move sets, but also with field effects that put up an additional challenge.

This is where TTar really messed up a lot during season 1, as he constantly failed to train his team properly and just went into every battle like he was playing a regular Pokémon game with non-existing difficulty. Remember how he at first had 2 Pokémon trained to a useable level, and 4 that were 10 levels or more behind that? No surprise that he had to press the "Tiki button" all the time, as his other Mons were pretty much useless.

If you are on your first playthrough, and you are going completely blind, without any sort of guide or something like that, even if you make use of all the information the game provides you with, like the field notes and communication devices at the entrance of the gyms, you will, at one point, still face a situation where you get pounded, as the opponent will throw something at you that you wouldn't expect. Now for any regular playthrough this is ok. You know what just tore through your Pokémon team, so you can prepare a counter for the next try. In a nuzlocke however, this may cost you some of your best Pokémon, and possibly even end your run.

Trying to brute force your way through is never a good idea for a nuzlocke, as this may backfire at you at some point. TTar already admitted that he would have gone down with the ship, had he continued to nuzlocke the game. Even during season 1 there were 2 or 3 occasions where he stated that he would have lost there if people would not have told him to be careful when facing that opponent. By now he has reached the point where he clearly understands that he has to keep his team on a decent level, if he doesn't want to be eaten alive. However, now he makes a lot of other mistakes. His playthrough is still entertaining, as it is quite interesting to watch someone struggling his way through the game, with most obstacles in his way being obstacles he created himself by his own choices, like which Pokémon to throw away carelessly, or which move to throw out just like that XD Also his reactions are hilarious and his wild theories are a source of constant laughter.

goes to floor 10 of department store with the best potions

goes into devon with highest healing item being hyper potion

update end of episode 1 hyper potion to his name and the rest lemonades or worse

That was difficult to watch bruh

On the other hand, boi took him long to find Indra, and I'm hoping he'll put two plus two together and figure out the stuff with ZEL and the magnezone next episode.

Also I'ma gonna say this again but I theorize that Adrienn is a turncoat among us. Xe raises many red flags like:

• Xe has practically brainwashed the whole region to see xem as the savior
  • The region hasn't been destroyed after xe took charge (sounds like xe made an agreement with Team Meteor to spare the region in exchange for xyr cooperation)
  • In Devon corp mission, xe enters with Ame, so it might be that xe overpowered Ame together with other grunts to capture her
  • In Devon corp mission, xe leaves practically unharmed in the end
  • Upvote 1

One and a half hour just to get to Victoria...

But him feeling guilty over boxing Jacques made me crack up. 

"I really disrespected Jacques. I didn't disrespect you, Jacques. I disrespected Jacques, I'm sorry!"  🤣

1 hour ago, Candy said:

On the other hand, boi took him long to find Indra, and I'm hoping he'll put two plus two together and figure out the stuff with ZEL and the magnezone next episode.

Also I'ma gonna say this again but I theorize that Adrienn is a turncoat among us. Xe raises many red flags like:

• The region hasn't been destroyed after xe took charge (sounds like xe made an agreement with Team Meteor to spare the region in exchange for xyr cooperation)
  • In Devon corp mission, xe enters with Ame, so it might be that xe overpowered Ame together with other grunts to capture her

But doesn't what xe did go against Team Meteors goals? They ruined the city to drive everyone out, but Adrienn restored everything and now everyone wants to stay, maybe even more people might move into Reborn city. Why would they want xyr cooperation so bad that they'd just discard all of their progress? I don't think Lin would care so much for Adrienn, especially since xe was away for a decade and unfamiliar with the current situation. As for turning on Ame, I think xe mentioned that they were gased and fell unconscious, so they didn't need Adrienn for that.

His latest episode was hella entertaining and I died laughing. Considering he has no hyper potions I expect him to lose to arclight, but if he still manages to win he definitely loses to magnezone. Anyways next episode definitely has Ame's death and I cannot wait for his reaction😂 also why would he take 10 episodes to beat titania? Next episode should wrap Devon up, the next should be adrienn, two episodes to get to titantia through the desert and one to beat her. I expect him to beat titania in 5 more episodes

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Edo said:

As for turning on Ame, I think xe mentioned that they were gased and fell unconscious, so they didn't need Adrienn for that.

Well we didn't see what really happened, so we don't know if both were really gassed. And as for the restoration, sure it goes against Team Meteor's goals, but I find it weird that they just watched as the city got rebuilt without hampering the progress at all. Why did they bother destroying an already broken city (from the earthquakes) if they were going to chill as everything became fixed? Anyhow, it's just my crazy theory for now 😛

59 minutes ago, SerGoldenhandTheJust said:

also why would he take 10 episodes to beat titania? Next episode should wrap Devon up, the next should be adrienn, two episodes to get to titantia through the desert and one to beat her. I expect him to beat titania in 5 more episodes

It was more of an exaggeration 
I expect him to take like 6 or less to reach titania and 4 if he doesn’t do any sidequests and the episodes are around an hour long like they’ve been 

8 hours ago, Candy said:

YES! YES absolutely yes! I theorized for this years ago! And they all mocked! But we will be right in the end. Who uses "x" anyway for their gender? That's totally dumb. Madame X will likely sue. Team Xen wants to know if she obtained copyright permission! (Is playing Rejuv right now.)

But seriously, the Xe stands for Xenocide. Just watch. The ENTIRE purpose of the riddles and questions in the Citidae Astrae was al about hidden darkness, right? Hahahah! And who looks like a good character we meet right then and there? Adrienn!

Adrienn is in fact the mastermind working with Lin. It's their nefarious plan! "Xe" just wants to fix everything up after it was already destroyed and ruined because xe wanted to destroy it xeirself. Xe is a sadistic madxan. Xe dangerous. Xe is probably possessed of Giratina. Or something worse. Do. Not. Trust. Xem.

In other news, this episode was lit. I could feel his hype. And him finding Indra at last was a weight off my shoulders I didn't know was there. He finally proved he has eyes... and I admit he is doing far better than I ever did at Devon Corp. Didn't realize I needed to press A to change the panels... then again maybe I did pretty darn well with like... Clefable alone.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Feng Lei said:

Didn't realize I needed to press A to change the panels

I literally was so dumb on my first playthrough. I was like "puzzles, what are those?" and literally KO'd 5 of my pokemon save for 1 that was immune to the electric shocks while I went. This time around (because I happen to be playing the Devon corp part now too) I did the puzzles properly and felt like they're one of my fave puzzles in the game 😛

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, BurntCornNuts said:

What would you guys say is the worse/hardest puzzle in reborn optional or mandatory 

for me it was that magic squares puzzle you gotta do to get the darkinium z and gardevoirite that I only ever did with a walkthrough 

I never even tried the magic square cause too much for a smol brain candy and also didn't need neither of those 😛

4 hours ago, Candy said:

Well we didn't see what really happened, so we don't know if both were really gassed. And as for the restoration, sure it goes against Team Meteor's goals, but I find it weird that they just watched as the city got rebuilt without hampering the progress at all. Why did they bother destroying an already broken city (from the earthquakes) if they were going to chill as everything became fixed? Anyhow, it's just my crazy theory for now 😛

My thinking was that we're the reason Team Meteor doesn't do anything, since we've been fighting them non stop and destroying their bases, causing them huge losses and forcing them to retreat to their few bases left. So they don't have the power or ressources anymore to keep destroying the city.

But well, the whole situation with Devon seemed weird, so I can see where you're coming from; after all, I've been theorizing all this time that the one who's betraying us is Ame who just staged her death. We'll see 😉

• Hmm 1

2 minutes ago, Edo said:

My thinking was that we're the reason Team Meteor doesn't do anything

my other theory is that we (the player) are the real turncoat and are cooperating with Team Meteor without anyone, including us, knowing. But that might be a lil bit farfetch'd. I just am curious to know why Lin seems to know us and has specifically asked everyone "not to touch" us 😛

so many wild theories man. Thamill goes for Arclight, you for Ame and me for Adrienn 🤣

It's Shade! TTar sid it so many times now! Shade is behind everything!

But he will be in for a shock next episode. Poor guy has no clue what's gonna happen. Also....Adrienn.....last gym leader......hahaha.....nope! Did he already forget about Amaria, Titania, Hardy and Saphira already, or does he just think that you fight all of them before facing Adrienn?

Anyaway, let's see how much he'll get butchered next episode....