TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

2 hours ago, Devilish said:

Why is he waiting for extreme to update (to get the Isle of Armor on it I assume)?
He hasn't even finished the main game/post-game in extreme. 

BTW, I have completed ep 18 aka Reborn at it's current point of completion. 

The developers of Extreme want to update some things, and yes you guessed it. To also update DLC related content.

And congratulations~

11 hours ago, SerGoldenhandTheJust said:

So it looks like TTar is not playing reborn even tho he is finished with the DLC and is waiting for extreme to update. He mentioned reborn is the only one on pause when talking about completed series. Ig he's burned out by reborn and doesn't want to play it for a while, so that sucks 😞

ttar is really bad about youtube series communication reborn could easily come back any day he doesnt need to pad out his content with filler waiting for extreme to update

7 hours ago, nepeta100 said:

ttar is really bad about youtube series communication reborn could easily come back any day he doesnt need to pad out his content with filler waiting for extreme to update

Like from what he has played, there's 3 things that I can think of off the top of my head he could return whilst waiting for Extreme update:

• Reborn
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Animal Crossing

He does not need this filler content when he has decent stuff he can do

with animal crossing he says he wont go back because theres no ending for the game. Im also upset about mystery dungeon theres so much more post game stuff to do but he dropped it as well and refers to it as being done

On 7/9/2020 at 12:50 PM, SerGoldenhandTheJust said:

he's burned out by reborn

Plz don't tell me this is gonna end up like Shofu.  This game just can't catch a break when it comes to youtuber publicity.

Unlike shofu ttar doesnt really have any real problem with the story from what i remembere also while he has gotten upset about battles ever since the main nuzlocke ended he seems like hes been enjoying the game more since he hasnt had to worry about members dying as much. He has shown no signs of being burned out by reborn. The fact that he explicitly called it out as the only series he will actually come back amongst the many others that people want says a lot

• Global Mods

My interpretation is this; for a long time now TTar hasn't really cared about like, youtube performance that much, he's just done what he felt like. But with the return and success of Extreme, he wanted to have another try at playing the algorithm and seeing if he could actually grow his channel again. And it seems to be working, so more power to him. But unfortunately, picking up a long-running series of a frankly more niche fangame after a significant break unfortunately kind of goes against that because of what youtube supports and promotes. So he does want to finish the game, but is keeping it on hold for now and putting his channel growth first, which isn't something that should be held against him (it's his livelihood after all). I'm still confident that in future, probably after extreme is all finished off, it will return.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I disagree that he's burnt out on Reborn. He's shown quite an exceptional enthusiasm for the plot whereas Shofu though I couldn't get through his entire series would be either "meh whatever" or exasperated with it and even more notable is PokeMEN7. This guy didn't care at all about the plot and mashed through the entire thing even after acknowledging that he'd receive complaints. 
Ttar has also been noticeably a lot more relaxed with it since he released himself from the Nuzlocke. 

Extreme and the DLC have taken precedence over Reborn due to relevance value and that I can understand. Relevance is an entertainer's most important asset and Extreme has been at least twice as successful as Reborn, in fact, all of his extremes (He's also got an AS and Sun extreme) seem to be his most popular content. So it's sensible that it would win his focus. If he hadn't lost the 3DS it was on (or so I was told), he'd probably have finished his Extreme Sun by now. 

What I am not understanding is that if he's being forced to put Extreme on hold for updates, why can't he resume Reborn? Apparently he's just twiddling his thumbs right now as I believe he's finished Isle of Armor. 

Edited by Devilish

Yeah Ttar isn't burned out by it. He might be like that's bs bro whenever things don't go his way but he enjoyed it. Hopefully the extreme patch comes out soon so we can get back to seeing him suffer and telling his theories.

To be fair, there are a lot of Pokémon fan games out there. I played a lot of them. And from personal experience i can tell you that a lot of these are not worth to follow the "story". You may read it, you may skip through it, same difference, only the amount of time required changes a little. I can relate to people just skipping through the "story" of most Pokémon fan games.

Reborn however is one of those few fan games that really have an interesting story. Sure, it's everyone's own call to experience the whole story, or to skip through the text and just go along, but in my opinion, it's their miss if they decide to just skip through it. However, if you are let's playing / streaming a game, your viewers most likely would want to see your reactions to certain parts of the story. Of course your viewers would complain, as they won't get to see that. Instead they are watching some guy getting lost, because he doesn't know where to go next.

I get that not every player is going to like every game plot and there's nothing wrong with that but if you're not into the plot what's the point of playing at all? The plot is 50% of the game. Perhaps more. 

This goes double for Youtubers. There are 2 reasons to watch someone else play a game:

1. Their choices (their starter, what Pokemon, moves and strategies they're using in gym battles etc.)
2. Their reactions to the plot and characters. 

I'm not judging what someone does with their games privately but if you're going to play for an audience, the goal is to create an exciting spectator experience. Ergo skipping the plot deprives more than just yourself and creates less engaging content. 

If PokeMEN77 hadn't been doing a shiny lock I'm not sure I would have watched it all the way through. 

Edited by Devilish

3 hours ago, Devilish said:

I get that not every player is going to like every game plot and there's nothing wrong with that but if you're not into the plot what's the point of playing at all? The plot is 50% of the game. Perhaps more. 

This goes double for Youtubers. There are 2 reasons to watch someone else play a game:

1. Their choices (their starter, what Pokemon, moves and strategies they're using in gym battles etc.)
2. Their reactions to the plot and characters. 

I'm not judging what someone does with their games privately but if you're going to play for an audience, the goal is to create an exciting spectator experience. Ergo skipping the plot deprives more than just yourself and creates less engaging content. 

If PokeMEN77 hadn't been doing a shiny lock I'm not sure I would have watched it all the way through. 

I don't know that PokeMEN77 guy, but i guess i won't need to look that up either. But yes, you are right. And that is exactly what makes it so interesting watching TTar playing Reborn. He is so into the story that he's crafting the wildest theories (and he has absolutely no clue right now about how damn close or straight on point he is for some of those), and his reactions are hilarious at times.

Also watching him crippling his own mons, only to complain about not having the moves he would need after he threw those moves out just an episode ago.....yeah....priceless^^

He did yeah

also he probably wants to finish with extreme until reborn can come back properly and not just act as sort of like filler until extreme comes back to give it some respect as he does seem to really enjoy it for the story and to think about what might happen next for the story 
I think the only other youtuber that has liked reborn and rejuvenation off the top of my head was SacredAlmighty 

1 hour ago, BurntCornNuts said:

He did yeah

also he probably wants to finish with extreme until reborn can come back properly and not just act as sort of like filler until extreme comes back to give it some respect as he does seem to really enjoy it for the story and to think about what might happen next for the story 
I think the only other youtuber that has liked reborn and rejuvenation off the top of my head was SacredAlmighty 

Voltsy also really liked reborn and rejuv

I think thats all the major tubers that played it

3 hours ago, BurntCornNuts said:

I'll have to look them up. 

2 hours ago, LeoYT said:

Voltsy also really liked reborn and rejuv

I've started his Reborn, I'll definitely be finishing that and watching his Rejuv. 

BTW, PokeMEN77 is actually PokeMEN7, I was so unimpressed with him that I remembered his name wrong hehe. 

sacred is a chill dude he plays what he wants he doesnt really care about how popular it is for youtube  though he did lower the difficulty of pokemon rejuvenation because he couldnt handle the base difficulty which somewhat upset me but its understandable he does a good job reacting to story beats like tyranitartube. I like voltsy and sacred but they both unfortunatly do a rather poor job exploring the side content of both pokemon reborn and rejuvenation

23 hours ago, Devilish said:

I'll have to look them up. 

I've started his Reborn, I'll definitely be finishing that and watching his Rejuv. 

BTW, PokeMEN77 is actually PokeMEN7, I was so unimpressed with him that I remembered his name wrong hehe. 

11 hours ago, nepeta100 said:

sacred is a chill dude he plays what he wants he doesnt really care about how popular it is for youtube  though he did lower the difficulty of pokemon rejuvenation because he couldnt handle the base difficulty which somewhat upset me but its understandable he does a good job reacting to story beats like tyranitartube. I like voltsy and sacred but they both unfortunatly do a rather poor job exploring the side content of both pokemon reborn and rejuvenation

I remember giving voltsy very detailed instructions on how to get zorua in rejuv and he still didn't do it. Despite showing interest.

On 7/14/2020 at 10:43 PM, nepeta100 said:

sacred is a chill dude he plays what he wants he doesnt really care about how popular it is for youtube  though he did lower the difficulty of pokemon rejuvenation because he couldnt handle the base difficulty which somewhat upset me but its understandable he does a good job reacting to story beats like tyranitartube.

A Youtuber called MandJTV did the same thing in Insurgence. 
He started out on normal and lowered it to easy sometime shortly after the first gym when he got frustrated with the difficulty.

It was a bit annoying particularly because a lot of the problem was that he was under leveled and he received a lot of complaints but he defiantly stood his ground so I respected that. 

Edited by Devilish
  • Like 1

hi yall wanted to give an unfortunate possible update ttar read a reddit post/comments that reborn is actually unfinished and he talks about possibly playing it again when it  happens.... Dude just make an update video 

Like if he doesn’t wanna play reborn he just has to say that he doesn’t wanna play it but don’t just leave us in the dark about it 

also he’s not even really that close to being done there’s still like I wanna say 5-9 episodes left of content of reborn since when we last left off he was just about to get to the desert cmon it wouldn’t take that long to do 

I wanna see him make it through to the end 

maybe he doesn’t want another insurgence situation where it took like a year or so for the game to actually be finished with no updates and he just had a series on hold where there was nothing he could do?

I was under the impression that he had paused Reborn for his Sword Extreme but now he's paused that as well ironically to await an update and in the meantime is not resuming Reborn so I must agree I am now confused. 

1 hour ago, BurntCornNuts said:

maybe he doesn’t want another insurgence situation where it took like a year or so for the game to actually be finished with no updates and he just had a series on hold where there was nothing he could do?

I watched Insurgence as a completed series and remember that he mentioned there being at least a year in between seasons 1 and 2 but not the reason behind it. 

Keeping Reborn on pause to wait for ep. 19/completion of the game is doing no different than leaving a series of an incomplete game cliffhanging at it's current end point and is irrational since we don't know when ep. 19 is going to be released, do we?
Furthermore he still has 3 badges worth of plot in ep. 18, which in Reborn is quite a lot, hence he's not all that close to being ready for ep. 19. 

7 minutes ago, Devilish said:

Keeping Reborn on pause to wait for ep. 19/completion of the game is doing no different than leaving a series of an incomplete game cliffhanging at it's current end point and is irrational since we don't know when ep. 19 is going to be released, do we?
Furthermore he still has 3 badges worth of plot in ep. 18, which in Reborn is quite a lot, hence he's not all that close to being ready for ep. 19. 

hes also apparently has done the secret boss of delta rune for several weeks after the latest episode but never actually edited it which would have prevented people from badgering him about it. last i checked were less than 60 percent done with episode 19