TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

3 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

That face is hilarious^^

How's his progress on his Sword/Shield Randomizer by now? I'm not watching that one, so started watching another Reborn Nuzlocke in the meantime...

well right now he's not doing tooo great, if you want spoilers then click the spoiler

Spoiler

this spoiler here VV

Spoiler

his pokemon are about level 60ish as he was about to enter spikemuth, he had to battle marnie and he got 4 of his pokemon absolutely destroyed by One hit ko moves and has 2 pokemon at level 60 and a bunch of pokemon in his pc at level 20/30. The opponents pokemon are at level 70.

I havent player Sword and shield yet. And I must say I am also not really interested in his run. Can anyone tell me how far he is in the game? Arenawise?

I really miss watching his reborn plays and started watching other Reborn & rejuvenation players. I hope he is with S & W finished soon.
After replaying reborn in a few monoruns with 18.2 the AI diffrence can really be felt. And it makes it harder and more challenging but my partners still seem to be dumb as hell (Firore mansion for example)

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Mia789 said:

I havent player Sword and shield yet. And I must say I am also not really interested in his run. Can anyone tell me how far he is in the game? Arenawise?

I really miss watching his reborn plays and started watching other Reborn & rejuvenation players. I hope he is with S & W finished soon.
After replaying reborn in a few monoruns with 18.2 the AI diffrence can really be felt. And it makes it harder and more challenging but my partners still seem to be dumb as hell (Firore mansion for example)

He's approaching Gym 7 in sword

9 hours ago, Bre_a_d said:

well right now he's not doing tooo great, if you want spoilers then click the spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

this spoiler here VV

Reveal hidden contents

his pokemon are about level 60ish as he was about to enter spikemuth, he had to battle marnie and he got 4 of his pokemon absolutely destroyed by One hit ko moves and has 2 pokemon at level 60 and a bunch of pokemon in his pc at level 20/30. The opponents pokemon are at level 70.

So it's basically just like always....he goes in unprepared, underleveled, and with absolutely no clue on what he's doing, as his Pokémon may have move sets that want to make you cry....a lot.....

5 hours ago, Dreamblitz said:

Short, precise answer that gives all the information needed. Nice! Assuming Gen 8 also has the regular league system with 8 gyms + Elite Four that Gens 1-6 had (Gen 7's league was a nice change, but its was weird as well), that would mean he is almost done with the main story. That leaves the question of how much post game story there is, and whether he intends to play through that as well or not.

• Global Mods
3 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

So it's basically just like always....he goes in unprepared, underleveled, and with absolutely no clue on what he's doing, as his Pokémon may have move sets that want to make you cry....a lot.....

Short, precise answer that gives all the information needed. Nice! Assuming Gen 8 also has the regular league system with 8 gyms + Elite Four that Gens 1-6 had (Gen 7's league was a nice change, but its was weird as well), that would mean he is almost done with the main story. That leaves the question of how much post game story there is, and whether he intends to play through that as well or not.

Yeah standard league system. And to be fair, he does try to grind but the level curve in those is not exactly, uh.... fair. His team was honestly not bad with what he had available.
I can see him doing the postgame story for it, but it's not that long

1 minute ago, Dreamblitz said:

Yeah standard league system. And to be fair, he does try to grind but the level curve in those is not exactly, uh.... fair. His team was honestly not bad with what he had available.

Am i right to assume that the level curve is like that because of the randomizer? I can not imagine the vanilla game to throw level 70 Pokémon at you on the 7th gym....

• Global Mods
Just now, ShogokiX said:

Am i right to assume that the level curve is like that because of the randomizer? I can not imagine the vanilla game to throw level 70 Pokémon at you on the 7th gym....

Yeah that battle is normally 4 pokemon level 42-44. iirc that was like, the second or third gym level in this. Also despite being a "randomizer" the significant battles and stuff are definitely hand-picked by the creator of it for him, which results in the 'extreme' part.

1 minute ago, Dreamblitz said:

the significant battles and stuff are definitely hand-picked by the creator of it for him, which results in the 'extreme' part.

So someone intentionally wanted to screw him over, and screw him good.....i like that guy!

6 hours ago, Dreamblitz said:

Big thank you exactly the information I needed.

15 minutes ago, Dreamblitz said:

Good to know it isnt that long. I feared it will take him 2 more months to finish it.

4 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

So someone intentionally wanted to screw him over, and screw him good.....i like that guy!

A big thumbs up for that guy. How to make it exciting and let Ttr feel pain. I know I am bad but I kinda enjoy watching TTar suffer but still come trough

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, BurntCornNuts said:

So now that sword is on break I hope we can see reborn back on the channel soon 

Not likely. Remember the only reason he's giving sword extreme a hiatus is because the dlc for sword and shield are coming out tomorrow(today) in some countries. So, when he finish that he's more than likely going to restart the extreme randomizer again.

Update:

Before the hiatus he entered the final stretch of Sword Extreme Randomizer. He's just beaten Oleana in Rose Tower after having to for the second time rebuild his team due to a massive wipeout by Hop's Keyrum that literally only King (his starter Melmetal) survived. 

On 5/30/2020 at 11:33 PM, Mia789 said:

I know I am bad but I kinda enjoy watching TTar suffer but still come trough

As do I and twice now this Sword Extreme Randomizer has cut him closer than I've ever seen to losing the Nuzlocke. It's quite thrilling!

Edited by Devilish

• Global Mods
9 hours ago, Rising Emperor said:

Not likely. Remember the only reason he's giving sword extreme a hiatus is because the dlc for sword and shield are coming out tomorrow(today) in some countries. So, when he finish that he's more than likely going to restart the extreme randomizer again.

It's also giving the creator time to put more work into the ending/postgame, so the break might be a bit longer than the DLC (especially as the DLC probably won't take that long)

On 6/17/2020 at 12:19 AM, ShogokiX said:

Let's just hope that the new content is worth the money....

Amen to that. 
I'll let you know. I bought the Sword expansion pass and still need to give it a go. 

I've been engrossed in Rejuvenation recently and damn I'm actually finding it a tad more interesting than Reborn. We've got to get Ttar to play it at some point. I'm already anxious to see his reactions to the plot and characters and hear his wild theories. 

As for Reborn, I believe I'm in the final stretch of Ep 18. I'm preparing for the Glass Workshop gauntlet which worries me a bit since apparently I've read that there are no heals in-between battles. A comment on the Wiki claims an Alolan Muk can sweep the entire thing with Minimize and Curse so I'm training one up among my team to give that a try. 

5 hours ago, Devilish said:As for Reborn, I believe I'm in the final stretch of Ep 18. I'm preparing for the Glass Workshop gauntlet which worries me a bit since apparently I've read that there are no heals in-between battles. A comment on the Wiki claims an Alolan Muk can sweep the entire thing with Minimize and Curse so I'm training one up among my team to give that a try. 

For me Silvally Fire was a hard carry for the glass factory gauntlet 

7 hours ago, Devilish said:

Amen to that. 
I'll let you know. I bought the Sword expansion pass and still need to give it a go. 

Yeah, as i already said, i have no intention to play Sword and Shield. And for me the DLC are just one more reason to keep it that way.

But since Atlus decided to give me a birthday present, i am now playing Persona 4 the Golden on PC^^ Now THAT was worth my money any day.

I've been engrossed in Rejuvenation recently and damn I'm actually finding it a tad more interesting than Reborn. We've got to get Ttar to play it at some point. I'm already anxious to see his reactions to the plot and characters and hear his wild theories. 

Yes, Rejuvenation is a great game that should be played as well if you like Reborn. However, which one you like more is a matter of personal taste. I like Reborn a little more for a few reasons.

But Ttar should definetely play Rejuv as well. And MAYBE he even learned from his mistakes in Reborn and will listen to his community this time if they tell him NOT to nuzlocke this XD

As for Reborn, I believe I'm in the final stretch of Ep 18. I'm preparing for the Glass Workshop gauntlet which worries me a bit since apparently I've read that there are no heals in-between battles. A comment on the Wiki claims an Alolan Muk can sweep the entire thing with Minimize and Curse so I'm training one up among my team to give that a try. 

Yes, that is a strong one in there, i can confirm that. It may become slow AF because of Curse, but that doesn't matter, as it won't take many hits because of Minimize, and it can oneshot anything that doesn't resist its 2 damage moves. You may still want to use a few healing items during your Minimize setup, so don't forget these.

9 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

But Ttar should definetely play Rejuv as well. And MAYBE he even learned from his mistakes in Reborn and will listen to his community this time if they tell him NOT to nuzlocke this XD

I've thus far been finding Rejuventation quite a bit easier than Reborn even though I'm on Normal aka Reborn mode. Not to say, however, that I haven't struggled and gotten frustrated in some areas. Geara/Zetta on Valor Mountain and Rift Garbador to name two examples. 
So far Crawli has been the most difficult gym leader for me but he still wasn't more difficult than Shelly. 

12 hours ago, BurntCornNuts said:

For me Silvally Fire was a hard carry for the glass factory gauntlet 

10 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Yes, that is a strong one in there, i can confirm that. It may become slow AF because of Curse, but that doesn't matter, as it won't take many hits because of Minimize, and it can oneshot anything that doesn't resist its 2 damage moves. You may still want to use a few healing items during your Minimize setup, so don't forget these.

9 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

I'd suggest leading with Aerodactyl/Mega Aerodactyl and Excadrill. 

I appreciate all these suggestions I shall keep them in mind. 
In regard to Silvally, I don't believe I have the Fire Memory, where do I get that?

1 hour ago, ShogokiX said:

If i am not mistaken, that one is actually found somewhere in the Glass Workstation itself.

Yeah it is gotta do some puzzles to get it but its worth it I noticed that if you get a memory near an important fight its usually gonna help you out a lot for it 

Silvally is such an amazing mon for reborn so reliable and bulky offensive 

1 hour ago, ShogokiX said:

If i am not mistaken, that one is actually found somewhere in the Glass Workstation itself.

6 minutes ago, BurntCornNuts said:

Yeah it is gotta do some puzzles to get it but its worth it I noticed that if you get a memory near an important fight its usually gonna help you out a lot for it 

Silvally is such an amazing mon for reborn so reliable and bulky offensive 

TY for the info. 
I got lucky, not only is my Silvally shiny but has boss IVs. 

Oh and I forgot to mention in my last post, Sho, I always carry as many healing and revival items as possible and with Revival Herbs buyable at this point in the game Imma be sure I have a shit ton of those especially. 

I tend to keep a Pokémon with Pickup around that i try to keep on the same level as my other Pokémon. If you're doing training sessions that one is bound to give you so many items, with lots and lots of both Ultra Potions and Dusk Balls....so many Dusk Balls that i can sell a bunch and still have somewhat between 20 to 30 just in case i need them. 

On 6/19/2020 at 11:47 PM, ShogokiX said:

I tend to keep a Pokémon with Pickup around that i try to keep on the same level as my other Pokémon. If you're doing training sessions that one is bound to give you so many items, with lots and lots of both Ultra Potions and Dusk Balls....so many Dusk Balls that i can sell a bunch and still have somewhat between 20 to 30 just in case i need them. 

I've tried that a time or two but that 10% isn't the most accommodating to me and I tend to end up preferring to use the party slot for a Pokemon I need to train. 
I did have pretty good luck with a Meowth when I first started but it ended around the Jasper Ward. By then all I was getting were repels, super repels and max repels which have been more useful to me in this game and Rejuv then they've ever been to me in the mainstream games but I'd still prefer Ultra Balls, Hyper Potions and stuff like that. 

Edited by Devilish

Mega Aggron crushes the Glassworks factory gauntlet. Honestly disappointed me. I wanted more of a challenge. Thankfully Commander is with us and gave me the much nastier version of it in Redux.

It's funny though, because I found Rejuvenation much harder than Reborn, at least post Episode 16 Reborn. (I think the AI for that ep in my game especially was just somehow smarter, not sure. And E17 changed team rosters). Hard Rejuv in the beginning was MURDER for me, though. My replay of that was difficult up until the end of Terajuma, though there's still plenty of dire struggle boss fights near the end...

I'd say I prefer Rejuv, if it weren't for certain plot points that are revealed near the end that... do NOT work for me. AT ALL. And Reborn literally saved my life. I would not be anywhere anymore if I hadn't discovered Reborn when I did. I was on my last wisps of ether like mist in the midday sun. It came at the last moment, and well, saved me from the darkest stages of depression when nothing else could. Thank God for Reborn! Amethyst did amazing work.

Desolation still got best potential though. And it's Baaaaack~

And absolutely gollygosh yes! Ttar MUST play Rejuv. He will have FITS over his wild theories. Though let's hope he doesn't decide to include Shade. Or it will be a running gag that exhausts his imagination. I can already hear him. "It's SHADE!'s origin story!"

Though at the same time, I can imagine him doing this with Indriad. Funny, because that would likely lead to some legit theorizing.

• Haha 1