TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

On 4/22/2020 at 12:28 PM, LeoYT said:

X items are being moved to the penthouse for E19 which is probably gonna be after Elite 4

late but do you have proof that this is a change that is being made or is this just empty conjecture?

6 hours ago, BurntCornNuts said:

Btw if you go behind the mirage tower you can battle a level 100 Exeggutor and get the dragonium z 

I actually did walk behind the tower in casual exploration but nothing happened. 
I'll go back later. I'm now working on nature breeding a Trapinch. 

Edited by Devilish

15 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Nature breeding? Why don't you just use 3 Heartscales and visit the Pokémon Psychologist in 7th Street? He can change your Pokémon's nature to whatever you want, and 3 Heartscales is not a big price.

Nah. I've used him but I've always been a frugal spender of both real and game currencies and I wanted a shiny as well so was already having to reset the egg. 

Edited by Devilish

11 hours ago, Devilish said:

Nah. I've used him but I've always been a frugal spender of both real and game currencies and I wanted a shiny as well so was already having to reset the egg. 

Hahaha....

The difficulties one choses to impose on themself.

Well, nothing wrong with that though.

1 hour ago, Devilish said:

I don't find hatching eggs difficult, annoying eventually but not difficult. 

Right^^ Breeding isn't diffucult in general, but getting the right nature CAN be rather tedious (at least up to Gen 7 in the official games, haven't played Sword/Shield, and definetely won't touch those) if you don't have any matching Mons with the right nature to breed with. In that sense breeding CAN be "difficult" and time consuming, even more so if you are trying to breed for competetive Pokémon.

Pokémon Reborn makes breeding competetive Pokémon very easy though. The only downside right now is the fact that there are some TMs you don't have access to without cheating in EP18.

That being said i am looking forward to TTar's next episode, as he will get lost in the desert for sure XD

Me too. I hope he talks to taka alot to find more about team meteor. The scrappuzzle will let him go crazy, I am stuck sometimes myself even after finishing a lot of times without a guide. I hope he finds atleast one oasis and wonders why it vanishes. His reactions would be priceless

6 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Right^^ Breeding isn't diffucult in general, but getting the right nature CAN be rather tedious (at least up to Gen 7 in the official games, haven't played Sword/Shield, and definetely won't touch those) if you don't have any matching Mons with the right nature to breed with.

True but I was fortunate this time, the second shiny Trapinch I hatched was Timid nature and it was speed favoring I was after (that and a ground Pokemon that can learn Earthquake since there is no TM for it). 

The thing is a level 77 Flygon now and I'm feeling good about getting it's speed past Titania's. Same deal with my Excadrill only I used the psychiatrist to give him a speed favoring nature. I'm not so sure he'll be able to out speed Titania but he has heavy attack and I've noticed that Fissure actually has a fairy decent success rate in this game for one of those annoying 30 accuracy moves. 

6 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Pokémon Reborn makes breeding competetive Pokémon very easy though. The only downside right now is the fact that there are some TMs you don't have access to without cheating in EP18.

Apart from the mods I have no idea how to cheat in a RGSS.

I try not to cheat on my first runs of games but there have been some temptations in this game that I might have given into if I knew how to and honestly I am using a handful of the mods. 

7 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

That being said i am looking forward to TTar's next episode, as he will get lost in the desert for sure XD

Oh I'm counting on that and while I believe there is some chance he'll stumble onto Sugiline Cave as that's how I found it, there is no way he's gonna find the Mirage Tower. Even if he's told how to spawn it I'm not sure he'd spend all that time running around the desert looking for oasises. 

4 hours ago, Candy said:

there's a breeding mod which takes out the need to run up and down, as well. instant eggs.

I want this! It's not in the package is it? I don't recall seeing a breeding mod in the package. 

7 hours ago, Candy said:

there's a breeding mod which takes out the need to run up and down, as well. instant eggs.

3 hours ago, Devilish said:

I want this! It's not in the package is it? I don't recall seeing a breeding mod in the package. 

No, that one is actually it's own mod. It features both instant eggs and instant hatching, so it's pretty useful for people who breed a lot.

It's this one right here:

Woot! Beat Titania!
The MVPs were Excadrill, Charizard, Lucario and Vileplume. Once Vileplume turned the field to grassy terrain, Charizard was able to one shot Ageislash with Flair Blitz. It also took out Mega Scizor. 

I'm mad though that afterward Lin fucking makes you look like a Meteor and Titania doesn't exactly believe her but doesn't exactly doubt her either! Bitches, both of them!

Unfortunately, it seems Ttar might have put Reborn aside for a bit, he's started a Sword Extreme Randomizer.  

32 minutes ago, Devilish said:

Woot! Beat Titania!

Congrats she is for me one of the harder to beat Leaders. Excadrill was also a MVP in a few walktroughs for me.

33 minutes ago, Devilish said:

Unfortunately, it seems Ttar might have put Reborn aside for a bit, he's started a Sword Extreme Randomizer.  

Yeah I saw it too. I just hope he will pick it up soon again. I love his commentary but sadly the Sword extreme randomizer doenst interest me that much. 😦 A lot of Yotubers I follow seem to do these runs now.

5 minutes ago, Mia789 said:

Congrats she is for me one of the harder to beat Leaders. Excadrill was also a MVP in a few walktroughs for me.

Yeah, I'd call her one of my hardest as well up there with Shelly. That Ageislash is one mother effing iron wall. 

5 minutes ago, Mia789 said:

Yeah I saw it too. I just hope he will pick it up soon again. I love his commentary but sadly the Sword extreme randomizer doenst interest me that much. 😦 A lot of Yotubers I follow seem to do these runs now.

I enjoy his extreme randomizers and am watching this new one. He ends up with some awesome dark plots. 
Still, I hope he won't leave Reborn hanging for long. 

Edited by Devilish

Like i said before, i am only interested in his Reborn playthrough, so i won't watch his other content, unless it's a Rejuvenation playthrough XD

So yeah, i'm hoping he won't leave that one hanging for too long.

On 5/3/2020 at 3:46 PM, BurntCornNuts said:

I feel like he’ll focus on extreme for awhile but he wouldn’t just abandon reborn it’s not like him to abandon a series like reborn 

No, while he seems to have abandoned his Sun Extreme Randomizer, I don't see him abandoning a series as exciting and popular as Reborn. 

15 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

I see no problem with him putting Reborn on hold for a while.....it's not like playing through any official game will take that long, not even if randomized....

Agreed and Sword and Shield are easily the shortest games in the mainstream series due to how little lore based plot there is vs. the gym plot. 
Not to mention with Reborn's difficulty level breaks are almost mandatory. I've taken at least a couple of them as well in favor of playing through most of Insurgence and Uranium. Not to mention Sword. 

• Global Mods
22 minutes ago, Devilish said:

No, while he seems to have abandoned his Sun Extreme Randomizer, I don't see him abandoning a series as exciting and popular as Reborn. 

Agreed and Sword and Shield are easily the shortest games in the mainstream series due to how little lore based plot there is vs. the gym plot. 
Not to mention with Reborn's difficulty level breaks are almost mandatory. I've taken at least a couple of them as well in favor of playing through most of Insurgence and Uranium. Not to mention Sword. 

I think an extreme randomizer will take quite a bit longer than the regular game does, but yeah it's still not going to be as long as something like Reborn/Insurgence.

Extreme Sun was 'abandoned' because he lost the 3DS it was on while moving since it was a rushed process

4 hours ago, Dreamblitz said:

Extreme Sun was 'abandoned' because he lost the 3DS it was on while moving since it was a rushed process

Oh, thanx for that information. 
How unfortunate. I was enjoying that. Hopefully he'll find it some time. 

~~

I just did the Sanctum Key Quest a bit ago and I hope Ttar does it. Although it just gets you a couple of field read outs which we've established he doesn't pay much attention to and a TM, I'd be interested in seeing him read Elias's journal with his backstory. 
The TM might also prove useful for Amaria since it's Solar Beam. 

Edited by Devilish

Unfortunately, you're probably right. 

I've been watching Shofu and wow. Our discussion earlier about Ttar's use of the X items and not paying mind to the fields is now less valid. 

Shofu's series is so old that he doesn't even have fields or double gym battles but has managed to be a lot worse than Ttar. 
I'm up to Luna, he's battled her at least 3 or 4 times with no success and for the entire game up to this point he's been using the exact same team (all of which he discovered upon a certain game update have terrible IVs), other than a shiny Skiploom hasn't even caught new Pokemon and is at least 10 levels below his cap. Yet he yells "I HATE THIS GAME" and "THIS IS STUPID!" every time one of his Pokemon faints. 

I commend that Ttar at least switches his team around even without deaths and his OPing on X items is at least some thought process. 

Yeah, about that.....

There have been quite a few nuzlockes of Reborn throughout the last years, and they all have one thing in common:

The players are underestimating the game and are getting the living crap kicked out of them.

And as you already said, earlier versions of Reborn didn't even have the same amount of challenge that the current EP18 has to offer.

Now i am not saying that the game has become more difficult over the progress of new Episodes, but i am saying that it has become more of a unique experiece in a good way.

In my opinion one of the best examples of players totally underestimating Reborn would be the Penta-OP. Those guys underestimated the game so much that, if it were not for their special rule that all 5 of them need to lose to the same battle in order to lose the challenge,  they wouldn't even have made it up to Julia. Down and out before making it to the first gym...

TTar might be running around with his heads in the clouds, making a lot of mistakes in the process (that are now catching up to him big time), but the Penta-OP's performance makes TTar look like a god tier Pokémon player.