TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

1 hour ago, ShogokiX said:

Yeah, about that.....

There have been quite a few nuzlockes of Reborn throughout the last years, and they all have one thing in common:

The players are underestimating the game and are getting the living crap kicked out of them.

And as you already said, earlier versions of Reborn didn't even have the same amount of challenge that the current EP18 has to offer.

Now i am not saying that the game has become more difficult over the progress of new Episodes, but i am saying that it has become more of a unique experiece in a good way.

In my opinion one of the best examples of players totally underestimating Reborn would be the Penta-OP. Those guys underestimated the game so much that, if it were not for their special rule that all 5 of them need to lose to the same battle in order to lose the challenge,  they wouldn't even have made it up to Julia. Down and out before making it to the first gym...

TTar might be running around with his heads in the clouds, making a lot of mistakes in the process (that are now catching up to him big time), but the Penta-OP's performance makes TTar look like a god tier Pokémon player.

Yeah, Ttar even got further than he who shall not be named did during that series. Was it Fern/Aya that Ttar officially lost the nuzlocke to?

5 hours ago, Devilish said:

Shofu's series is so old that he doesn't even have fields or double gym battles but has managed to be a lot worse than Ttar. 
I'm up to Luna, he's battled her at least 3 or 4 times with no success and for the entire game up to this point he's been using the exact same team (all of which he discovered upon a certain game update have terrible IVs), other than a shiny Skiploom hasn't even caught new Pokemon and is at least 10 levels below his cap. Yet he yells "I HATE THIS GAME" and "THIS IS STUPID!" every time one of his Pokemon faints. 

Shofus funniest moment for me was when he lost to the insurgence champion and forgot to edit it out then blatantly tried to pass it as beating reukra on the first try by having a fake reaction to the delta volcarona on the second attempt

He also bragged about beating titania on the first try but i guess he forgot when he soft reset after the first turn cus sandslash scored a crit.

9 hours ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

Yeah, Ttar even got further than he who shall not be named did during that series. Was it Fern/Aya that Ttar officially lost the nuzlocke to?

Lord Voldemort played Reborn?

6 hours ago, LeoYT said:

Shofus funniest moment for me was when he lost to the insurgence champion and forgot to edit it out then blatantly tried to pass it as beating reukra on the first try by having a fake reaction to the delta volcarona on the second attempt

He also bragged about beating titania on the first try but i guess he forgot when he soft reset after the first turn cus sandslash scored a crit.

Yes, some people are like that. I have seen some live streams as well where the the games miraculously "crashed" every time they were about to lose a battle.... Well, can't call it a lose if the game "crashed" on you, right?

On 5/5/2020 at 1:11 PM, ShogokiX said:

Yeah, about that.....

There have been quite a few nuzlockes of Reborn throughout the last years, and they all have one thing in common:

The players are underestimating the game and are getting the living crap kicked out of them.

That does seem to be a common factor among all the Lets Players/Nuzlockers. 
From those I've watched Dai Laughing was by far the most thoughtful and strategic to the point where he somewhat made it look easy. 

On 5/5/2020 at 1:11 PM, ShogokiX said:

In my opinion one of the best examples of players totally underestimating Reborn would be the Penta-OP. Those guys underestimated the game so much that, if it were not for their special rule that all 5 of them need to lose to the same battle in order to lose the challenge,  they wouldn't even have made it up to Julia. Down and out before making it to the first gym...

Wow. I believe I've seen that playlist. I'm gonna have to check that out. 

Right now I've been watching PokeMEN7, who is both clueless and made it all the harder on himself by not only doing a shiny lock but using a death rule on top of that! 
He's just beaten the first PULSE Tangrowth battle where I'm at in his series and so far the dude has hardly been able to hold on to two Pokemon because he gives them up to 3 lives and most caught shinies get 1 whichonly increases if he gets dupes. 
He also for some reason has only soft reset ONE static to make it shiny (Pansear which he then lost along with at least two others to Julia) which I can say from experience doesn't take long with Reborn's odds though he takes the time to shiny hunt in the wild which he montages cuts of.  

He's entertaining though. He has some good commentary and enthusiasm. He's also one of the most mellow Poketubers I've ever seen. He, of course, gets frustrated with the game like anyone but he doesn't throw a tantrum every time his Pokemon faint. Rather he gets coolly disappointed. 

On 5/5/2020 at 2:21 PM, Abyssreaper99 said:

Was it Fern/Aya that Ttar officially lost the nuzlocke to?

He never officially lost the Nuzlocke. He discontinued it after losing to Solaris's Garchomp. Although he thought he'd lost it, as that was scripted to allow a loss, it didn't technically count. 

On 5/5/2020 at 5:49 PM, LeoYT said:

Lol. I might have to check out his Insurgence playthrough.
I liked his free styling his Pokemon's evolutions in Reborn but at the point I'm at, his entire team is fully evolved and he hasn't caught anything new so that hasn't been a thing for quite some time. 

On 5/5/2020 at 5:49 PM, LeoYT said:

Ooh so he starts soft resetting after he loses, I haven't seen that. 

Edited by Devilish

The question is which kind of nuzlocke is more entertaining to watch?

One where the player is well prepared and likely to win his battles with minimal losses, where you as the viewer might learn a few new tricks as well?

Or one where the player is going in unprepared, struggling like cat trying to escape the bath tub, losing lots of Pokémon in the process, giving you a good laugh at his suffering?

TTar is definetely one of the second type. But in his case there is an additional question: Is it more entertaining to watch him struggle, or to watch him spinning even more bizzare theories with every new episode?

7 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

One where the player is well prepared and likely to win his battles with minimal losses, where you as the viewer might learn a few new tricks as well?

Or one where the player is going in unprepared, struggling like cat trying to escape the bath tub, losing lots of Pokémon in the process, giving you a good laugh at his suffering?

TTar is definetely one of the second type. But in his case there is an additional question: Is it more entertaining to watch him struggle, or to watch him spinning even more bizzare theories with every new episode?

Watching people suffer is clearly the more popular one

but seeing somebody actually make 200 IQ plays with the field effect is entertaining for me, plus they are more likely to rage when their plan fails

I like to see 200 IQ plays too, but I stick with Ttar not to see him suffer but to hear him make wild theories and hit on the girls and make jokes from the dialogue on the spot 😛 so I’d say the good parts outweigh his laze strategies, especially in games like Reborn where the lore is as important or more important than the battles.

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, Dreamblitz said:

why is this way too accurate

Because our cat hates bath time, but likes to go outside and collect fleas.....gotta catch em all^^

And just as i wrote that post my GF decided it was bath time once again and you could hear the cat complaining and trying to escape the bath tub XD

On 5/10/2020 at 9:29 AM, ShogokiX said:

Both have their strong points and both can be made examples of when considering one's own strategy. 

Well astute and prepared Youtubers are respectable and give us confidence. Some of them can also appreciate the plot a bit better and don't spend a lot of time throwing tantrums into the microphone like Shofu or ignorantly put the game down which can be a bit off putting. 
They can also still be plenty entertaining. In the case of Dai Laughing, he might have been a proper strategist but there were times the game still threw him for a loop and he was entertaining in that he had an impressive talent for voices or at least accents. I thought his voices really gave personality and life to the characters. 

The ill prepared strugglers such as Ttar are quite humanizing and give us a more realistic expectation of the game which is both endearing and entertaining. 
His responses to the characters and wild theories are on a level all their own and is one of the reasons I got into him. 

On 5/10/2020 at 9:29 AM, ShogokiX said:

But in his case there is an additional question: Is it more entertaining to watch him struggle, or to watch him spinning even more bizzare theories with every new episode?

I find both equally entertaining to be honest. 

~~

So I just beat Amaria. Technically on the second try as I don't want to sound like a Youtuber and didn't realize that she gives you the opposite battle of the one you choose (Singles if you ask for doubles and doubles if you ask for singles) and I wanted singles so I reset for that. 

Her singles team isn't too difficult. Ludicolo was where most of my struggle was but Grassy Terrain from Venusaur to weaken Scald and a Brave Bird from Swanna was the answer.

Dry Skin Heliolisk was the answer to Deliverance. It resisted Ice Shard well and other than that Deliverance just kept resting and using Hydration to awaken right away. At this pace I was able to throw in a X Spec. Atk (Just ONE and Just IT). which enabled me to one shot her with Thunder. 
Fortunately Amaria was stupid and used up her Ultra Potions to heal the Life Orb damage to her Ludicolo. 😛
Mega Venusaur for Mega Swampert and Kingdra. 

That labyrinth of hers is gonna drive Ttar crazy! Especially the part in Reshiram where you have to travel the horrid thing looking for Amaria three times. I just used Dai Laughing's guide video (which I actually initially needed just to know what I was supposed to do after she leaves the arena for a swim). 

I didn't understand why Titania saved us and then gave Amaria hell for trying to drown us? She didn't exactly trust us last we left her as she seemed to lean towards believing Lin that we work for Team Meteor. 

They're both dangerous fucked up bitches but part of me does feel a bit bad for them. 

Edited by Devilish

3 minutes ago, Devilish said:

That labyrinth of hers is gonna drive Ttar crazy! Especially the part in Reshiram where you have to travel the horrid thing looking for Amaria three times. I just used Dai Laughing's guide video (which I actually initially needed just to know what I was supposed to do after she leaves the arena for a swim). 

I didn't understand why Titania saved us and then gave Amaria hell for trying to drown us? She didn't exactly trust us last we left her as she seemed to lean towards believing Lin that we work for Team Meteor. 

They're both dangerous fucked up bitches but part of me does feel a bit bad for them. 

Titania was looking for a way out of the relationship with Amaria and you gave her a legitimate excuse to leave and she still believes that you are looking like the best shot at beating Lin.

Lin had already mind fucked Titania pretty good in the cave so shes pretty on edge at this point. 

27 minutes ago, LeoYT said:

Titania was looking for a way out of the relationship with Amaria and you gave her a legitimate excuse to leave and she still believes that you are looking like the best shot at beating Lin.

Lin had already mind fucked Titania pretty good in the cave so shes pretty on edge at this point. 

Oh, of course, that makes complete sense. TY. 

Messing with people is Lin's special move^^ There is a reason why even Sirius and Solaris are afraid of her, even though these two are cold blooded murderers who already killed a number of people to achieve their goals...

I wonder what kind of theories TTar will come up with to explain why everyone is so afraid of her.....

I was also quite intrigued that she seemed to have a certain favor for Terra. 
If you travel through the desert with Taka one of the tidbits he gives you is that despite her electronic skills Terra broke more things than she fixed but Lin refused to fire her. That had me wondering if there is a relationship there, either Terra is Lin's daughter or sister or they were lovers.  

Edited by Devilish

4 hours ago, Devilish said:

I was also quite intrigued that she seemed to have a certain favor for Terra. 
If you travel through the desert with Taka one of the tidbits he gives you is that despite her electronic skills Terra broke more things than she fixed but Lin refused to fire her. That had me wondering if there is a relationship there, either Terra is Lin's daughter or sister or they were lovers.  

theres a building with a side entrance in either jasper or beryl that explains Terra a little more

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Riceratio said:

As a Ttar fan, it's funny reading the first part of this thread. Anyone who bets against this guy hasn't seen this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi701TTqq4U

Very true, but at some point he has to get an unlucky battle.

(Then again, I thought the same when watching this very series, so perhaps I'm just jealous of how he manages to win while I struggle.)

39 minutes ago, Mindlack said:

Very true, but at some point he has to get an unlucky battle.

(Then again, I thought the same when watching this very series, so perhaps I'm just jealous of how he manages to win while I struggle.)

I can totally understand you. Ttar made this game look easy, but then I jumped in, max-leveling and everything, and still got smoked by the early game bosses multiple times. Same thing with Insurgence even. I was pretty jealous too ngl, trying to rationalize it (oh he got lucky, if this hadn't happened he would have lost, he overleveled that one Pokemon, etc.) Those totem battles prepared him for this.

I was jealous but never hated on him tho. How could anyone not love that face?!

10 hours ago, Mindlack said:

so perhaps I'm just jealous of how he manages to win while I struggle

I feel that. 

One of the most frustrating parts for me to watch was Slowking essentially throwing his Radamus battle by NOT using Trick Room until like last turn when it didn't matter after how nasty the damned thing was to me but I echo Riceratio that I don't hate on him for something that's out of his control. 
The fun of watching let's players is seeing what the game throws at others and how they handle it. 

Now that I've read that Slowking has been given a Synthetic Seed and as such immunity to Taunt in the most recent update of the game, I'm actually grateful for my experience with that battle. 

Edited by Devilish

With the 18.2 update (the one we got for christmas) there were a lots of changes not only to the AI, but also to a lot of trainers, including, of course, a lot of gym leaders. No big changes, but definetely something you would notice.

TTar will have a little more difficulties beating the game after those changes, if he sticks to his current "strategy" that is...