TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

I concur, Stealth Rocks is useful in this battle, it halves Oricorio right from the start. 

But this is Ttar, he threw out Beartic who'd OHKO-ed two of her Mons instead of that damn punching bag of a bat, who did the whole route 3 event without any Pokeballs and complained about needing water types all the while passing on at least two of them.  

He's never been the best decision maker.

Edited by Devilish

16 minutes ago, Devilish said:

He's never been the best decision maker.

He also threw away that Silvally

5 hours ago, Candy said:

I guess this is true but Juju is a rock type too so I'd think sturdy was a better choice against flying, especially to set up stealth rocks (to avoid getting 4X shling'd by gliscor's Earthquake) 😕

If this was still a nuzlocke he would clearly have sturdy 

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, LeoYT said:

He also threw away that Silvally

If this was still a nuzlocke he would clearly have sturdy 

Well, Silvally was just temporarily boxed because he didn't have any memories that were particularly helpful against flying / on that field.

16 hours ago, Dreamblitz said:

Well, Silvally was just temporarily boxed because he didn't have any memories that were particularly helpful against flying / on that field.

I concur, Myassisfish isn't dead just sidelined. As was Kaido becauase he's 4x weak to flying. 

Edited by Devilish

Still, TTar has a bad habit of throwing away strong Pokémon all the time, which is probably driving some people nuts. Or he's ruining potentially strong Pokémon on his team by replacing good moves with trash......like throwing away Blizzard on Jynx....

Whenever you are tempted to think that he finally understood that the game will only get more difficult the further you advance he always manages to pull a stunt like that, crippling his own fighting power again and again.....

• Global Mods
4 hours ago, BurntCornNuts said:

Someone should tell him where the fairy memory is that way he gets a riolu and silvally fairy because silvally fairy is the most clutch thing ever along with steel silvally 

Silvally Memory Masterlist is already in place

16 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

TTar's Reborn adventure will end with Budew.....as Budew is the source of all evil

That reminds me, this last episode, he had to technically "eliminate" a few Pokemon that are considered illegal but he didn't include Belly Jr.  Apparently Belly Jr. is another Wanja story as it should be illegal because it's a dupe. 

At least he hasn't actually used it yet. 

Edited by Devilish

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, Devilish said:

That reminds me, this last episode, he had to technically "eliminate" a few Pokemon that are considered illegal but he didn't include Belly Jr.  Apparently Belly Jr. is another Wanja story as it should be illegal because it's a dupe. 

At least he hasn't actually used it yet. 

Dupes clause is always optional, you can catch another copy of one you've already had. So Belly Jr. should be his actual WTC encounter
(and Wonja is doubly fine because Shiny Clause)

1 hour ago, Dreamblitz said:

Dupes clause is always optional

I appreciate the insight. I'm only familiar with Nuzlocke rules through watching Youtubers like Ttar. 

1 hour ago, Dreamblitz said:

(and Wonja is doubly fine because Shiny Clause)

The shiny clause I am aware of, the Wanja reference was in regard to the "weakest link" roulette not it's capture, that he should have killed off Wanja like two episodes ago but has kept it by pure choice in defiance of the rules. 

I don't even get why he made up those "rules" if he doesn't even care to uphold these......

Well....he should have listened to his community from the very beginning to not nuzlocke this game, or at least go through with it all the way. Now he is in this awkward position to kinda have "lost" some of his Pokémon, but technically it's not a nuzlocke any more, so he COULD still use them, as he didn't release them as nuzlocke rules originally stated you'd HAVE to do once they "died" in battle. The variation of just putting defeated Mons in a seperate box was made up later by other people than the original creator of the nuzlocke rules.

As far as i know the original nuzlocke rules were just 3 in total.

1. You can only capture the very first Pokémon you encounter on each new place you visit

2. You must give every Pokémon you caught a nickname

3. Pokémon that are defeated in battle are counted as "dead" and have to be released.

Every other rule you might know about nuzlockes was made up later and by different people, but are now commonly considered default nuzlocke rules.

Indeed, he's essentially free playing at this point. 
Technically since the "roulette rule" is pure choice he could choose to bring back Tiki, Belly and the rest of his "dead" Pokemon.  I almost feel he might as well. 

16 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

As far as i know the original nuzlocke rules were just 3 in total.

1. You can only capture the very first Pokémon you encounter on each new place you visit

2. You must give every Pokémon you caught a nickname

3. Pokémon that are defeated in battle are counted as "dead" and have to be released.

Every other rule you might know about nuzlockes was made up later and by different people, but are now commonly considered default nuzlocke rules.

Interesting. Even the shiny clause wasn't an original rule? That seems unfair. 
So much the way supernatural lore such as vampires and werewolves does, the Nuzlocke rules have been changed over time by free license. Probably by folks wanting to adapt them for ease and convenience. 
I wonder how far back this goes and who exactly established the modern rules as I've never seen any Youtuber release dead Pokemon vs. leaving them in a designated death box.

5 minutes ago, Devilish said:

I wonder how far back this goes and who exactly established the modern rules as I've never seen any Youtuber release dead Pokemon vs. leaving them in a designated death box.

I feel like Youtubers don't release dead pokemon because otherwise the death montage would take longer to make, thats what I always thought.

Of course there is always that group of viewers that give you shit for not releasing mons

5 minutes ago, LeoYT said:

I feel like Youtubers don't release dead pokemon because otherwise the death montage would take longer to make, thats what I always thought.

Of course there is always that group of viewers that give you shit for not releasing mons

Ah, I've seen thumbnails for death montages but have never watched one. That does make sense. 

Edited by Devilish

Although you COULD release the mons even if you want to create death montages. I mean....what's stopping you from creating a text file or a spreadsheet that lists all the Mons you lost, including any additional data you might want for later reference, like which episode you caught them and which episode you lost them....

And yeah, i also noticed that part about the YT comments a few times XD

But you know how that works.....there is always that group of people that flames the content creator for not playing the way that they think is the ONLY right way to play the game, and it's actually the very same people that start flaming if you DO play just the way they wanted you to play.....some people only exist to be that kind of person all the time....

15 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

But you know how that works.....there is always that group of people that flames the content creator for not playing the way that they think is the ONLY right way to play the game, and it's actually the very same people that start flaming if you DO play just the way they wanted you to play.....some people only exist to be that kind of person all the time....

Quite unfortunate but true, some folks seem to only watch this stuff specifically to find something to judge. 

Though I've never seen any flaming for not releasing dead Pokemon. 

On 3/25/2020 at 8:26 PM, Devilish said:

Quite unfortunate but true, some folks seem to only watch this stuff specifically to find something to judge. 

Though I've never seen any flaming for not releasing dead Pokemon. 

It's there, trust me. And with so many people now staying at home, especially with schools closed, some of these toxic people have nothing better to do with their lives than looking for "reasons" to start flaming.

Although you have to admit that this varies between communities, as some of them are rather nice, while others are filled with so much salt that the oceans taste like fresh water by comparison. And then there is Showdown XD The amount of salt, tears and flames is so high on that one that it's like an ocean on fire.

I like the weakest link system. It forces him to change his team up when it under performs. I've seen too many playthroughs of Pokemon where people beat their head against a wall with the same team against the same boss until they either win by luck or they trick the AI into letting them win. Just because they don't want to grind a new member of the team up to level 70.

I'm glad TTar is willing to grind and keeps the battles fresh on each try.

7 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

It's there, trust me. And with so many people now staying at home, especially with schools closed, some of these toxic people have nothing better to do with their lives than looking for "reasons" to start flaming.

Although you have to admit that this varies between communities, as some of them are rather nice, while others are filled with so much salt that the oceans taste like fresh water by comparison. And then there is Showdown XD The amount of salt, tears and flames is so high on that one that it's like an ocean on fire.

Even the Reborn community has that one guy that keeps going on about how bad this game is (yet he's still playing it), always crying about how unfair and terribly designed the game is...

Tbf that describes a few people in this community xD

Wonja does need to go soon tho considering the amount of mons sacrificed for it

2 hours ago, Zane0144 said:

I like the weakest link system. It forces him to change his team up when it under performs. I've seen too many playthroughs of Pokemon where people beat their head against a wall with the same team against the same boss until they either win by luck or they trick the AI into letting them win. Just because they don't want to grind a new member of the team up to level 70.

I'm glad TTar is willing to grind and keeps the battles fresh on each try.

The problem is that he actually has the means to win, he's not really stuck, just doesn't use them properly. Then when he loses, he actually worsens his chances because he takes out the useful mons, but keeps useless ones in his team out of affection or whatever, especially now where he stubbornly refuses to remove Wonja which wasn't doing much more than act as cannon fodder. He puts up rules to make up for the lost Nuzlocke, partly to satisfy the viewers probably, but in the end doesn't keep his word. He already loosened up his Roulette rule cause he didn't wanna lose someone he was attached to, which was really obvious as he would replace half his team with trash mons to decrease the chance of losing someone important from his team. Instead of bending his own rules repeatedly, he should just play freely and have fun. I think that would be better for him as well, seeing him grind for hours just to lose the mon after 5 mins is just hard to watch.

Edited by Edo

45 minutes ago, Edo said:

The problem is that he actually has the means to win, he's not really stuck, just doesn't use them properly. Then when he loses, he actually worsens his chances because he takes out the useful mons, but keeps useless ones in his team out of affection or whatever, especially now where he stubbornly refuses to remove Wonja which wasn't doing much more than act as cannon fodder. He puts up rules to make up for the lost Nuzlocke, partly to satisfy the viewers probably, but in the end doesn't keep his word. He already loosened up his Roulette rule cause he didn't wanna lose someone he was attached to, which was really obvious as he would replace half his team with trash mons to decrease the chance of losing someone important from his team. Instead of bending his own rules repeatedly, he should just play freely and have fun. I think that would be better for him as well, seeing him grind for hours just to lose the mon after 5 mins is just hard to watch.

Yes, i am with you on that one. If he's gonna put up some rules he should also follow these rules, or else there is no real reason to put them up in the first place. So he should either stick to following these rules, or get rid of them entirely and just play as normal (including usage of Mons that already "died" to the nuzlocke, as he didn't release them, so what's stopping him from using them if he were to throw all "rules" out of the window?)