TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

7 hours ago, yvltc said:

His Pokémon make me cry. He doesn't even have Extreme Speed on Debbie (I can't count the amount of times Extreme Speed has saved my butt), doesn't keep High Jump Kick on Medkit even though he insists on using Sing with 55% accuracy, he couldn't even yet evolve Wonja. Come on man, what are you doing?

The videos are always fun though, and I laughed my ass off in the battle with Terra. We all saw from miles that he would struggle a lot with that, he doesn't even read terrains anymore.

And again, he refused to teach Karen Blizzard in favor of continuing to put misplaced faith in Sing. 
Unlike Sand Attack as we just saw, Sing has never even really worked for him. Even when he does land it, the damn thing never sticks. I hesitate to count Radmous's Reuniclus since Radmous basically threw that battle. 

He also passed on teaching Kiki Play Rough right before the Luna battle no less resulting in his no doubt being the first player to ever black out to her. 

Admittedly, however, these such choices are what make him an entertaining albeit a bit frustrating watch. 

I almost feel bad, this upcoming gauntlet might just break him harder than Terra. 

But you know, if he gets his butt handed he might finally try to replace some of his moves with the help of the Move Relearner at the circus.

And even IF he makes it through the gauntlet, the game is not getting easier, so of course he will have more and more difficulties the longer he keeps this up without finally accepting that he needs to make some changes to his move sets.

50 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

But you know, if he gets his butt handed he might finally try to replace some of his moves with the help of the Move Relearner at the circus.

Does he know the move relearner is there? I don't recall ever seeing him talk to the guy. 
But indeed, he has very novice move sets and is at the point in the game that's not going to give him a pass on that anymore whether he likes it or not. The question is will he recognize and concede to it?
My move sets are ten times better than his and this Gauntlet still drove me crazy! Terra didn't bother me much at all. 

47 minutes ago, LeoYT said:

Everyone in the comments keeps saying he made the wrong decision. This was the one decision that he made correctly.

The Taka battle?
I agree that Reshiram is the right choice even though down the line it costs him his life and Anna supposedly insists he wasn't supposed to die. Tragic as that might be, I feel helping him lie is an even greater disservice to him. At least he dies an honest man. 
Reshriam is also the better choice because it gets you more Meteor backstory. 

Admittedly, I'm minutely disappointed that he didn't go with Zekrom so I can see what happens since I am not sure I'll be playing again, that's how difficult this game is. 

Edited by Devilish

8 hours ago, Devilish said:

And again, he refused to teach Karen Blizzard in favor of continuing to put misplaced faith in Sing. 
Unlike Sand Attack as we just saw, Sing has never even really worked for him. Even when he does land it, the damn thing never sticks. I hesitate to count Radmous's Reuniclus since Radmous basically threw that battle. 

He also passed on teaching Kiki Play Rough right before the Luna battle no less resulting in his no doubt being the first player to ever black out to her. 

Admittedly, however, these such choices are what make him an entertaining albeit a bit frustrating watch. 

I almost feel bad, this upcoming gauntlet might just break him harder than Terra. 

He has the same team as his last terra attempt I have no faith for his 1st try

15 hours ago, LeoYT said:

Everyone in the comments keeps saying he made the wrong decision. This was the one decision that he made correctly.

Is there any right one though? I remember reading something that there is a "right" path where you maximize your relationship with Anna and Shade (exposing Corey, not giving Ruby ring, not battling Taka), but did Amethyst or anyone else on the dev team comfirmed that there will be a "true" ending with more content or multiple endings?

I think I end up picking the Zekrom path on my first playthrough. Admitelly is mostly just to piss off Titania, but now I know that you can reduce your relationships points with her even futher if you pick Reshiram path and talk to her on Agate. 

4 hours ago, TripleHHH said:

Is there any right one though? I remember reading something that there is a "right" path where you maximize your relationship with Anna and Shade (exposing Corey, not giving Ruby ring, not battling Taka), but did Amethyst or anyone else on the dev team comfirmed that there will be a "true" ending with more content or multiple endings?

I think I end up picking the Zekrom path on my first playthrough. Admitelly is mostly just to piss off Titania, but now I know that you can reduce your relationships points with her even futher if you pick Reshiram path and talk to her on Agate. 

There are multiple endings but the only event I remember being confirmed for a true ending was beating Solaris Garchomp

You know, I was never comfortable with the fact he was playing such a heavily modded version of the game.  The reason I care about Youtubers playing this game is that it’s essentially advertising, and when he’s playing a version of the product that isn’t accurate to the actual product, it undermines the whole purpose.

And now we’re here, this dumb mod crashed the game at what would have been the funniest moment.  Not a good look for the game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eagleby18 said:

You know, I was never comfortable with the fact he was playing such a heavily modded version of the game.  The reason I care about Youtubers playing this game is that it’s essentially advertising, and when he’s playing a version of the product that isn’t accurate to the actual product, it undermines the whole purpose.

And now we’re here, this dumb mod crashed the game at what would have been the funniest moment.  Not a good look for the game.

I hope he takes the time to get someone to fix it relatively soon 😞

On 2/6/2020 at 4:53 PM, BurntCornNuts said:

What’s crazy is that I’m pretty sure he had the opportunity to get E Speed on debbie because of the mods he’s using but insisted on keeping flame burst just in case he found a forest or a grassy terrain 

also He put Zen Headbutt on medkit instead of psycho cut even though I’m pretty sure zen and high jumpkick are the same accuracy 

I have Flare Blitz, Extreme Speed and Crunch on Arcanine as a physical attacker, as well as Heat Wave for doubles/grassy terrain. I could have something like Wild Charge or Outrage for coverage, but I like to keep Heat Wave for it's versatility. But Debbie has such a crappy moveset, 3 fire moves. And I also find it funny when he talks about Kaido having his dream team moveset when it actually could be way better.

I hope he starts reading the comments tbh or he's gonna have a very hard time. His playthrough, even during the nuzlocke, was based on luck.

Did anyone besides myself and a Youtube commenter notice that he essentially cheated the blackout roulette to save Wanja who never managed to get a single attack in before going down?

19 hours ago, Eagleby18 said:

He didn't mod his game until relatively recently, just before Luna nor does he much use the mods. Let's be honest here, do we think he'd have made it this far if he had to switch his team around to accommodate TMX needs?
I see your point though about his having them installed tainting the promotion. 

Edited by Devilish

Watch he somehow gets to Hardy and Wanja is still a woobat because he forgot about friendship 
Its a shame he didn't get the piplup from 7th street because he needs a somewhat decent water type and not a level 77 woobat 
At least when he gets back to reborn city he has a chance to find a kings rock to evolve his poliwag into politoed and use drizzle on an all fire type team because thamill is insane 

17 hours ago, BurntCornNuts said:

Its a shame he didn't get the piplup from 7th street because he needs a somewhat decent water type and not a level 77 woobat 

Agreed. He complained multiple times about needing a water type leading up to Charlotte and then passed up Lumineon!

17 hours ago, BurntCornNuts said:

At least when he gets back to reborn city he has a chance to find a kings rock to evolve his poliwag into politoed and use drizzle on an all fire type team because thamill is insane 

He'll also be able to get Popplio which will also provide him with a decent fairy type. Something he could really use now since he's got 3 dragon battles to get through (Fern's Haxsarous, Soloris's Garchomp and Ciel's Altaria). 

Edited by Devilish

Just watched the gauntlet. Funny how he complains about crits when his whole strategy is luck. And giving way to much credit to myassisfish, Silvally only took half their team because of the ridiculous amount of Hyper Potions he used. Also, he was this close to finally finding Clown Indra, but no. Wonga is absolute trash until it evolves and I hope it has Simple or Unaware, for TTar's sake.

PS: the music on the Fern battle annoyed me a lot.

Just now, Devilish said:

I didn't remember that Swoobat was happiness evolution either but if it hasn't already occurred to me by then, it'll be around level 40 that I start to wonder if it's NOT level up evolution. 
Two words (technically): Serebii.net! 

Ha, I always keep Bulbapedia open when playing Reborn to check evolutions and stuff xD

My Wonja evolved at level 42, I don't understand why TTar's hasn't yet.

1 hour ago, Devilish said:

Did anyone besides myself and a Youtube commenter notice that he essentially cheated the blackout roulette to save Wanja who never managed to get a single attack in before going down?

hes been doing that since he introduced that rule, Jacques should also be dead from the first terrawr battle

1 minute ago, yvltc said:

Ha, I always keep Bulbapedia open when playing Reborn to check evolutions and stuff xD

Because he probably hasn’t fought a Pokémon with it and only trained with the mod he’s using 

I think that’s why type: null finally evolved because it killed something 

mine evolved right after I beat Florina because it swept her team after getting boosted by charge beam simple boosts 

13 hours ago, yvltc said:

My KingOfHearts evolved around level 35 I believe but granted I trained him up for Kiki so I had access to the salons. 

13 hours ago, LeoYT said:

hes been doing that since he introduced that rule, Jacques should also be dead from the first terrawr battle

Touche and I said that that rule felt too subjective. 

13 hours ago, BurntCornNuts said:

I think that’s why type: null finally evolved because it killed something 

I disagree.
Myassisfish had also finished off PLUSE Belly and didn't evolve. 

Mine killed things as well, admittedly I did most of it's leveling via Clown Indra who is too strong for it but I made sure to take it to route 2 a few times to let it get in some kills and it still took 3 trips to each of the two salons, the Soothe Bell and a bunch of Tomato Berries to evolve. 
Ugh I hate friendship evolution but the amount of time I was able to maintain my patience with this one I personally felt was impressive. 

Edited by Devilish