The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

Overdose Hyped. Just one question; have move tutors been corrected? Mamoswine still cannot learn Iron Head :/ There were also reports of a couple other pokemon, being unable to learn a move they should from a tutor, quite a long time ago.

On 1/23/2022 at 2:27 AM, CrystalStar said:

Man what did Florinia even do to you guys 

She exists

On 1/21/2022 at 7:48 PM, Mr.Badass said:

Thank God!!!!!!

WHY? I love gen 8 pokemon! Imagine is Luna had a Grimmsnarl, or Julia had a Toxtricity...

2 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

(Multiple devs saying the awful hour-long cutscene in the glass factory is their favorite part of the game and “masterful storytelling”)

Does Reborn actually suck and I’ve been in denial this whole time?  I mean yeah the story sucks, I already knew THAT but I always was like “yeah but the game itself is really good… except for that one way-too-long cutscene near the end”.  But after seeing this?  Does this mean there’s gonna be even more hour long cutscenes in episode 19?  Does this mean there will be EVEN LONGER cutscenes?

3 minutes ago, Eagleby18 said:

Does Reborn actually suck and I’ve been in denial this whole time?  I mean yeah the story sucks, I already knew THAT but I always was like “yeah but the game itself is really good… except for that one way-too-long cutscene near the end”.  But after seeing this?  Does this mean there’s gonna be even more hour long cutscenes in episode 19?  Does this mean there will be EVEN LONGER cutscenes?

Hey whats wrong with that?? Me personally, I think the stroy is really good and that the characters have lots of thought put into them.

• Like 1

I might be part of the minority here but I actually like the void section.

It's a huge amount of lore dump and walls of text but I like how it characterises literally everyone

Also it barely takes 5 minutes if you play with speed up and text skip, tho I will say that the twisting path is somewhat annoying to navigate since you can't hold down a single button at times.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, CrystalStar said:

I might be part of the minority here but I actually like the void section.

It's a huge amount of lore dump and walls of text but I like how it characterises literally everyone

Also it barely takes 5 minutes if you play with speed up and text skip, tho I will say that the twisting path is somewhat annoying to navigate since you can't hold down a single button at times.

You misunderstand, the void section’s fine.  It’s what comes AFTER (and to a lesser extent before) that’s unacceptable.  I could go in detail on why it doesn’t work and how it can be improved made less awful, but the truth is I already have elsewhere.  I now see that the devs didn’t give a shit and think it’s “the best part of the game” and “masterful storytelling” as is, so I’m not gonna bother writing it all again here.

1 minute ago, Eagleby18 said:

You misunderstand, the void section’s fine.  It’s what comes AFTER that’s unacceptable.  I could go in detail on why it doesn’t work and how it can be improved, but the truth is I already have elsewhere and we can see here that the devs didn’t give a shit and think it’s “the best part of the game” and “masterful storytelling” as is.  So I’m not gonna bother writing it all again here.

It is kinda painful to sit through that cutscene when you've already seen it, but maybe it could get some added context after whatever happens in episode 19.

1 hour ago, Dark Champion said:

Hey whats wrong with that?? Me personally, I think the stroy is really good and that the characters have lots of thought put into them.

I love the story in reborn it’s that the existing Pokémon fan base hate long story with multiple characters.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Eagleby18 said:

You misunderstand, the void section’s fine.  It’s what comes AFTER (and to a lesser extent before) that’s unacceptable.  I could go in detail on why it doesn’t work and how it can be improved made less awful, but the truth is I already have elsewhere.  I now see that the devs didn’t give a shit and think it’s “the best part of the game” and “masterful storytelling” as is, so I’m not gonna bother writing it all again here.

The cutscene isn't THAT long, and you can skip the whole thing quickly just by having speed-up enabled and holding the escape key.

• Upvote 6

On 1/25/2022 at 8:26 PM, Eagleby18 said:

Does Reborn actually suck and I’ve been in denial this whole time?  I mean yeah the story sucks, I already knew THAT

some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn.jpg.a9429f1d0973da462f132ec6f13cba1d.jpg

Edit: This is supposed to be a meme, I just thought it was accurate, because surely the quoted statements were made only to incite an argument? Apologies if it came across as a personal comment

Edited by Lone Karvanha

• Veterans
5 hours ago, Eagleby18 said:

4 hours ago, Eagleby18 said:

what the fuck are you going on about now

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Eagleby18 said:

Personally I absolutely love the void and the following cutscenes (they rlly are the best part of the game lmao). Both events provided deep insight into characters that we had not seen in a while; rado, sera and luna and their relationship with each other. We learned that Anna and Noel are Rado's kids, we learned about gardevoirs relationship with rado, about how the keys were distributed and about Rado's connection with Sirius. Like bruh we watch a pokemon make a whole ass black hole, thats fucking sick!  "Unacceptable" is just an objectively incorrect word to use to describe something you personally dont like and smth that lasts 1 min if u hold x lol.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6