The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

16 hours ago, Eagleby18 said:

You misunderstand, the void section’s fine.  It’s what comes AFTER (and to a lesser extent before) that’s unacceptable.  I could go in detail on why it doesn’t work and how it can be improved made less awful, but the truth is I already have elsewhere.  I now see that the devs didn’t give a shit and think it’s “the best part of the game” and “masterful storytelling” as is, so I’m not gonna bother writing it all again here.

I am interested on your thoughts about it. Can you link it where you have said it?

5 hours ago, Bananacake887 said:

Ame's 'Coloring the Reborn Map' livestream, it has been posted on youtube

My God. I've been waiting for this for so long...! It looks AMAZING! 

I wanted to see this map in colour so badly, I even wanted to colour it myself on a giant piece of watercolour paper T.T

It looks SO, SO GOOD! 

Does anyone know when or if Amethyst is going to upload the finished artwork? :3

About the glass workstation cutscene after the void :

I get that it's long, and even longer on the Reshiram path. And that it can be tedious to replay. 

But seriously, it's not "bad storytelling". Some of the dialogue at the beginning could be trimmed, maybe, but this is a story dump that needs to happen. Firstly, it gives the player vital information of what happened while they were under hypnosis and regarding important plot events from years before, and secondly, you need some cool-off after the dramatic events that just took place. (Admittedly, it's a long cool-off, but hey.) Being rushed into the next playing section would probably not be a good idea after such dramatic events. 

Plus, there's the speed-up function. 

It would be pretty harsh to say Reborn has "bad storytelling" because of one long scene. 

And I think for people that are used to story-driven RPGs, this cutscene was quite stomachable. I've seen longer scenes than this with characters I was far less invested in. 

Edited by Vulnona
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

On 1/25/2022 at 8:56 AM, Eagleby18 said:

Does Reborn actually suck and I’ve been in denial this whole time?  I mean yeah the story sucks, I already knew THAT but I always was like “yeah but the game itself is really good… except for that one way-too-long cutscene near the end”.  But after seeing this?  Does this mean there’s gonna be even more hour long cutscenes in episode 19?  Does this mean there will be EVEN LONGER cutscenes?

Personally I never saw that as a issue as I am invested in the game's story and RPGs where this is common are my favorite genre.  Its just that the official Pokemon games don't really focus on the characterization and story for the most part unlike most RPGs. (Gen 5 and 7 being the exceptions and get similar complaints but are my favorites out of them) Its not that it sucks because of long cutscenes (which a point of preference than anything else, while you seem to dislike them, I like them) its that its more of a traditional RPG.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, The Swordsman said:

Personally I never saw that as a issue as I am invested in the game's story and RPGs where this is common are my favorite genre.  Its just that the official Pokemon games don't really focus on the characterization and story for the most part unlike most RPGs. (Gen 5 and 7 being the exceptions and get similar complaints but are my favorites out of them) Its not that it sucks because of long cutscenes (which a point of preference than anything else, while you seem to dislike them, I like them) its that its more of a traditional RPG.

I feel like gen 8 focused on characters a lot more than the other games.

On 1/27/2022 at 10:17 AM, Amethyst said:

hi yes i am going to upload it don't worry! i'm just waiting a bit to get some other stuff sorted first !! 

also with the download yes that's true

i appreciate everyone who's been looking forward to it despite me sitting on this for uh a decade, much apprecation <3

Nice!! The map looks gorgeous!! 

Take all the time you need! 

lucia_sketch_by_crowofgarnet_dez358o-pre

Edited by Vulnona

4 hours ago, Dark Champion said:

I feel like gen 8 focused on characters a lot more than the other games.

That’s true but your player character is a glorified plot device that serves to move the story forward instead of creating an identity of it’s own. I understand why Nintendo developed the main character this way however it leaves the game story feeling incomplete .

Edited by Mr.Badass
Trying to flesh out my post in a simplistic manner.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bananacake887 said:

unknown.png

So does this mean that we fight them on either Big Top Arena or Fairy Tale Field as they boost Swords Dance, or are we getting a new field/updated field?

no i just created that image on a whim and ame and co. decided it was cursed enough to make it the sidebar image

• Haha 2
  • Hmm 1