The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

Turning this thread back towards hype, what do we think Ace's team will consist of?

I doubt they will specialize in Psychic type as we already have Radomus, Eve and potentially Anna, although Pokemon like Delphox and Alakazam seem fitting, as well as Zoroark and Porygon-Z as Ame did say they specialize in the art of illusions and the eternal dark witchcraft of computer wizardry.

43 minutes ago, Bananacake887 said:

Turning this thread back towards hype, what do we think Ace's team will consist of?

I doubt they will specialize in Psychic type as we already have Radomus, Eve and potentially Anna, although Pokemon like Delphox and Alakazam seem fitting, as well as Zoroark and Porygon-Z as Ame did say they specialize in the art of illusions and the eternal dark witchcraft of computer wizardry.

Sounds like Delphox and Mismagius could be potential team members as well. If this is the same continuity as Rejuvenation then ig Beheeyem could work too

6 hours ago, Draconis said:

How about Metagross? It's supposed to be smart like a supercomputer, right?

Metagross is... already Radomus' ace. If you think Gardevoir isn't explicitly his Pokemon. 

As it's his highest level Pokemon, aside from her, in the Gym Battle.

But in the Glass Factory, the second highest leveled one is changed to Espeon 

8 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

Metagross is... already Radomus' ace. If you think Gardevoir isn't explicitly his Pokemon. 

As it's his highest level Pokemon, aside from her, in the Gym Battle.

But in the Glass Factory, the second highest leveled one is changed to Espeon 

Gardevoir is Radomus' Pokemon who can speak English, and likes to be outside her pokeball like Pikachu in the anime. There isn't really a reason to not count her as his ace. Many trainers in the game use 'filler' pokemon, who are strong pokemon that fill spaces in a characters team if there is no suitable replacement, and to help maintain the difficulty while using different sets.

Some examples of these include: Scizor(Fern, Solaris & Titania), Excadrill(Terra, Solaris & Titania), Sandslash-A(Serra, Blake & Titania(Damn Titania keeps copying everyone)), and Togekiss(Ciel, Victoria & Adrienn). 

Metagross, I believe is only used by Radomus(although I suspect Lin will use one) so it could very well be used by another character whilst not being as overused as some of the previously mentioned, nor is it another characters ace.

3 hours ago, Bananacake887 said:

Many trainers in the game use 'filler' pokemon, who are strong pokemon that fill spaces in a characters team if there is no suitable replacement, and to help maintain the difficulty while using different sets.

Some examples of these include: Scizor(Fern, Solaris & Titania), Excadrill(Terra, Solaris & Titania), Sandslash-A(Serra, Blake & Titania(Damn Titania keeps copying everyone)), and Togekiss(Ciel, Victoria & Adrienn).

I do agree. 

But these Pokemon aren't aces of nobody, so that's fair game. 

Because if ace of one Trainer is used by other, the aces ain't unique anymore. So, assuming Gardevoir is Radomus' ace, there is a overlap within Adrienn's team. But that's the tiniest one.

The other, more egregious ones, are Luna and Zero using Umbreon as ace (but technically Zero as ZEL has 3 aces, so there can be made an argument), and the worst one - Solaris and Terra using Garchomp as thier ace. 

I ask... Why? Why does that chaos of a girl have the SAME ace as one of the main antagonists of the game? Especially since Garchomp suits Solaris both in terms of personality, as in lore, with Alcantara family using and praising Gible's evolutionary line? Why does she even have a Garchomp, moreover as her ace? To add on difficulty? Other that Dragon dealing neutral damage to everything and potential high chance to have increased Crit Chance, it doesn't benefit from it as much: Dragon is special, and its Special stat on this field is only 85. Yes, it can be repaired with the usage of Assault Vest, but honestly... I still think Swampert is the better choice here. With higher Special stat under this field (95, to be exact), better typing defensively (less weaknesses, more resistances), acceptable Attack of 110, and good moveset (with STAB and Ice, it covers all Pokemon for at least neutral damage, so just toss on Rock, Fighting or Poison attack). Also, it also can have Assault Vest for even stronger Special, and doesn't have to rely on drawbacking-Draco Meteor. 

Yeah, there ARE three problems, but all of them are relatively tiny: first is x4 weaknesses to Grass, but Garchomp also has x4 weaknesses, to Ice, and both types under this field are Special, so they could tank those moves similarly (Garchomp has higher HP by 8, Swampert has higher Special by 5 + Assault Vest boost). Other tiny problem is the Speed, but making Swampert's spread a Specially Defensive (252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 SpD, Gentle or any of the "neutral" natures) should do some work. The last one is... Quagsire 

Quagsire and Swampert are both Water-Ground Pokémon, so that makes an unwanted overlap. But why this isn't a problem, imo? Because Quagsire is holding a Synthetic Seed, transforming it into BIRD type; being weak to absolutely nothing and also resisting nothing. And with the spread and moveset... It's so fucking annoying to fight! Like-... It can burn, it can freeze, it can boost itself even more, and it can Recover! Plus it's so bulky in both sides! Not dangerous, but annoying - it's like all those Clefable users on Showdown; they just never die! 

So, Quagsire would serve as an annoyance; just like Terra is to Samson, Ciel and Alistasia; and Swampert would crush everything on its way. I've thought about Mega Swampert honestly, but after an hour of analysis in the bus, I realized it would be underwhelming in comparison to Garchomp, so I opted for regular Assault Vest one. 

52 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

The other, more egregious ones, are Luna and Zero using Umbreon as ace (but technically Zero as ZEL has 3 aces, so there can be made an argument), and the worst one - Solaris and Terra using Garchomp as thier ace. 

I ask... Why? Why does that chaos of a girl have the SAME ace as one of the main antagonists of the game? Especially since Garchomp suits Solaris both in terms of personality, as in lore, with Alcantara family using and praising Gible's evolutionary line? Why does she even have a Garchomp, moreover as her ace?

It doesn't really make sense lore wise either. If you go to Sugiline Cave with Taka following you, he mentions that the Garchomp line is supposed to be exclusive to his family. I'm hoping episode 19 fixes this plot hole

4 minutes ago, Green Bean 501 said:

It doesn't really make sense lore wise either. If you go to Sugiline Cave with Taka following you, he mentions that the Garchomp line is supposed to be exclusive to his family.

Well... That connects to the "lore" part, but honestly I had no idea that-...

Apparently I've missed some dialogue. 

1 hour ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

A lot of leaders have certain mons as their ace because that's the mon (or one of if in multiple seasons) they had as their ace back in the online league. 

Yeah, I guessed as much. 

I've never experienced POL, but I did hear some stories: some intriguing, some heartbreaking, and some... really hilarious. 

Now when you said this, I've come to realization that every time an ace repeats itself, then it is one "real" character and one fictional character (except Gardevoir being Radomus's ace and Adrienn's some Pokemon), which somehow makes more sense; those "real" characters have aces from POL, and the other have them because it suits or makes connection. 

2 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

Yeah, I guessed as much. 

I've never experienced POL, but I did hear some stories: some intriguing, some heartbreaking, and some... really hilarious. 

Now when you said this, I've come to realization that every time an ace repeats itself, then it is one "real" character and one fictional character (except Gardevoir being Radomus's ace and Adrienn's some Pokemon), which somehow makes more sense; those "real" characters have aces from POL, and the other have them because it suits or makes connection. 

Well, when making Battle Teams for my game, I try to make teams suit the user.

6 minutes ago, Dark Champion said:

Well, when making Battle Teams for my game, I try to make teams suit the user.

Me too. 

But the ace is the most important one - being a namecard for the Trainer. 

When you think about any major Trainer, we always think first about aces. Usually 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oscarus said:

Me too. 

But the ace is the most important one - being a namecard for the Trainer. 

When you think about any major Trainer, we always think first about aces. Usually 

Pretty much. Like, with a rockstar in my game, her signatures (Lol what does that mean? Find out!) are

Spoiler

Toxtricity and Toxtricity

Cuz shes a rockstar, ya know?

8 hours ago, Oscarus said:

I do agree. 

But these Pokemon aren't aces of nobody, so that's fair game. 

Sandslash-A is Blake's ace, and is used by two other trainers.

8 hours ago, Oscarus said:

Also, it also can have Assault Vest for even stronger Special, and doesn't have to rely on drawbacking-Draco Meteor. 

Draco lowers Sp.A, so if a Pokemon has higher Sp.D on that field their Special stat won't decrease after using Draco, which removes the drawback of each Draco being weaker than the last.

As for why both characters use Garchomp, I think the teams of each character were designed by different people who didn't know that they had chosen the same Pokemon as the ace, but was kept in as Garchomp was fitting to both (although Terra could instead use a Flygon who is the same type, and has only slightly lower Sp.D and Speed which can also learn the same moves/have the same strategy). Swampert is also fairly slow, so it wouldn't be as threatening as Garchomp as the Grass type exists, although it could probably live one due to the assault vest.

Also, probably worst than this is Aster&Eclipse and Hardy who each had different aces(Hardy's ace originally was going to be Gigalith), but were changed to be Lycanroc (All different forms but still the same pokemon, Dusk and Midday are practically the same minus Tough Claws).