The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

25 minutes ago, Rozetheeuwu said:

Ame was asked if we would meet savage in e19 on tumblr and she replied with

well, it would be a shame to talk about him earlier and then not, right?actually i already promised since years ago that the victory road trainers would be the online league’s champions, and he was one of them. eventually.

I bet he's the one that slaughtered all the devs

1 hour ago, Oscarus said:

And Terra, despite her... everything, might be one of the smartest in Reborn. Because... creating a different "dimension" inside a computer?! That's impressive.

I’m not very convinced. Terra’s somehow warping reality as easily as she breathes, so “going into her computer world” (this world being, let’s face it, as crude as she is) is almost expected. *

2 hours ago, Oscarus said:

And who said that just because Fern was less involved in Team Meteor, he will get away? He has allied himself with organization wanting to "destroy" Reborn - if Ame, or any of the higher ranked, discovered it, which could happen - Fern ain't the most wise of the characters... consequences would be. 

They already do, though. Julia and Florinia were at the Fiore Mansion (and Titania may have overheard), but Fern gloats at Hardy and us in Calcenon, and with maybe Charlotte and Saphira present too, I think. 

[also, hardcore for Fern. I’m feeling almost sorry for him.]

2 hours ago, Oscarus said:

Elias is a genius manipulator and could easily trick most of the Reborn into believing he is just an old holy man and close co-worker of Ame as an one of the Four Heavenly Kings (AKA Elite Four). Of course, there are some exceptions, like "200 IQ" Radomus, yet still.

What makes you say this? I can’t think of story elements justifying a claim this strong. 

The game doesn’t explain either what El gains from this charade (rather than the bother/cost of putting up with it, precisely). It’s a bit of a mystery that he’s not summarily fired after Subseven Sanctum.  **

6 hours ago, Oscarus said:

Shade is very suspicious - he/she has always acted in player's favor, and has made an alliance with Elite Four Fantasia and Dark Leader Luna. He/She might backstab us, in the least expected moment, to cause a major twist... but I'm not throwing away the possibility he/she will be Lawful Neutral to the very end. 

Shade appears exactly five times in the main story. I don’t think they all really count as “in the player’s favor”?

1) the train where they end up saving Ame’s and the MC’s life. They could well have done it for Ame rather than the MC (if it was the MC they wanted to save, they wouldn’t have appeared in our back). 

2) in front of Shelly’s Gym to, uh… take Corey’s corpse? Pretty neutral. 

3) his Gym***. There may be an excellent reason for doing whatever they’re showing us, but they don’t state it. Worse, they delay the opening of the tunnel gate – which lets Team Meteor be ready. 

4) the WTC. Where we get this long and “that long one sentence with forsooth”. This is annoyingly (and pointlessly) cryptic. 
5) the Void. The most clear-cut helpful act (though Socrates might disagree). 

But I don’t think that this is enough to attest that Shade is on the good side. After all, Lin herself (itself? themselves? I agree with you on the “very probably not human” side) has instructed several times that we weren’t to be harmed (even though she had no issue hurting others: Saphira, Ame, Titania, Taka [implied], Samson, Ciel…****). 

My (very untrustworthy) gut says they’re on the good side. But not so loudly that I would be shocked, should Shade end up supporting Lin. 

Some non-canon takes (for the sake of shameless self-promotion):  

Spoiler

***my OC hated that place. Shade was also a lot less friendly. 
**if I ever get past this very arc, there may be a plausible-ish explanation. 
*my OC’s reaction to the situation is one of the earliest story concepts I had. Rather excited to get there but it’s not before a while. 
****guess who else? 

14 minutes ago, Mindlack said:

I’m not very convinced. Terra’s somehow warping reality as easily as she breathes, so “going into her computer world” (this world being, let’s face it, as crude as she is) is almost expected. *

I'm not sure why that's so surprising or impossible. A core mechanic of the games is putting living things inside a computer. And in the show the ability to digitize people and put them inside a computer happened in a certain Season 1 episode. All Terra did was extend known capabilities very slightly.

17 minutes ago, wcv said:

I'm not sure why that's so surprising or impossible. A core mechanic of the games is putting living things inside a computer. And in the show the ability to digitize people and put them inside a computer happened in a certain Season 1 episode. All Terra did was extend known capabilities very slightly.

Yeah there's even an area in her gym where you can encounter Porygons that are always shiny. She's a skilled hacker so I wouldn't be surprised if she can extend her capabilities to the game itself if she was medium aware

7 hours ago, Oscarus said:

Shade is very suspicious - he/she has always acted in player's favor, and has made an alliance with Elite Four Fantasia and Dark Leader Luna. He/She might backstab us, in the least expected moment, to cause a major twist... but I'm not throwing away the possibility he/she will be Lawful Neutral to the very end. 

This is currently just fan speculation so take it with a grain of salt, but Shade is likely the character 'Euphie' who's name is found in a book of gym leaders in the Grand Hall. A mysterious figure seen in the void seen alongside Shade fits the description of the 'taciturn woman in a black and red suit' from the Jasper Ward prophecy. It is assumed that this person is Euphie.

trchar151.png.b7427a63eaeacc3b93edf1a03d102922.png

In the prophecy, it says that this person helped to fight against Team Meteor alongside others, but ultimately lost and was the only 'good' person left asides from Anna when she made the wish to reset the world. 

Aside from this prophecy, there is no mention of this 'reset' but certain events in the game such as defeating Solaris' Garchomp or getting the Reshiram route add relationship points to both Anna and Shade, and these events are the only ways to get relationship points with both characters. The theory goes that both Anna and Shade recall the previous timeline, and Anna was spared whilst Shade had been turned into a ghostly figure. It seems as if the two are pulling the strings in the new timeline to prevent Team Meteor's victory. The main character seems to be the answer they were looking for, which is why Shade saves us from the train and the void and Anna goes to the Glass Workstation.

Also, in this post of the original timeline there are 19 characters(Third doesn't count). Not including Anna, there is a trainer that represents every type (assuming Lin is Dragon type like in the online league, and Nomos acting instead of Noel). Well, all types are included except Ghost, but the mysterious 'boy' who bears resemblance to the taciturn woman hasn't been included yet so adding all the pieces together, Euphie is the Ghost type Gym leader from the original timeline who turned into Shade, and because they stood against Team Meteor in the prophecy, Shade is likely going to remain a 'good' character.

• Hmm 1
  • Upvote 2

Very nicely pieced together, except one thing: there is nothing to suggest that Shade and the taciturn-woman-in-black-and-red is Euphie. The name is found in a diary of Ame's, and there is no way for Ame to know Shade's name from a different timeline or whatever. Instead, Euphie might well be the Fairy reserve leader who went missing

Also,

3 hours ago, Bananacake887 said:

this post of the original timeline

that was more like an AU that Ame started writing for fun

And there's another thing worth noting in that thread. The voice that wants to "keep playing for a long long time" is actually separate from Lin, which means in the game there might be a force higher than Lin, that's helping the player as mentioned in the E19 teaser (the text that appears when exiting Hardy's gym)

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Green Bean 501 said:

Yeah there's even an area in her gym where you can encounter Porygons that are always shiny. She's a skilled hacker so I wouldn't be surprised if she can extend her capabilities to the game itself if she was medium aware

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that what she did is within realistic possibility for people who DON'T have any kind of special abilities. Whenever you use the PC to swap Pokemon you, the Player Character, do the same thing only with Pokemon instead of people. And heck, in the snowy city you fight a Pokemon battle inside a computer, no Terra required. Terra going into a computer isn't a world-breaking event, its just how computers work in Pokemon.

1 hour ago, Lone Karvanha said:

The name is found in a diary of Ame's, and there is no way for Ame to know Shade's name from a different timeline or whatever. Instead, Euphie might well be the Fairy reserve leader who went missing

I forgot about the whole reserve leader thing, that probably makes more sense. My explanation for the name in the diary would have been something like 'The diary transcended the confines of time and space from the previous timeline' or that Shade tampered with it. My only concern is why the game bothered to tell us the reserve leader's name this late when they're already dead and had only been mentioned previously in one line of dialogue.

1 hour ago, Lone Karvanha said:

And there's another thing worth noting in that thread. The voice that wants to "keep playing for a long long time" is actually separate from Lin, which means in the game there might be a force higher than Lin, that's helping the player as mentioned in the E19 teaser (the text that appears when exiting Hardy's gym)

I've always thought that the voice after Hardy was just Ame(IRL one) breaking the fourth wall and having a bit of fun(I suppose that does mean that there is a higher power than Lin; the Dev's).

7 hours ago, Bananacake887 said:

This is currently just fan speculation so take it with a grain of salt, but Shade is likely the character 'Euphie' who's name is found in a book of gym leaders in the Grand Hall.

Yeah, I know that. 

Actually, that was my speculation before someone else had said this to me. Is this true...?

Maybe yes, maybe not, time will tell

7 hours ago, Bananacake887 said:

In the prophecy, it says that this person helped to fight against Team Meteor alongside others, but ultimately lost and was the only 'good' person left asides from Anna when she made the wish to reset the world. 

If that was true... Then that explains one "weirdly illogical" part. 

In the Glass Factory, Anna's dialogue changes whether player defeated Solaris on Pyrous Mountain or not - if you didn't, she would be worried, if you did, she would show to be more calm (I don't remember the exact dialogues, I'm sorry). 

So, if the reset indeed happened, that means two things:

- her Nostra is a true, flesh-and-blood Jirachi, and her wish was to go back in time, to avoid the tragedy 

- we're living in a Undertale universe, and Anna is a player, and we just a random NPCs

1 hour ago, Bananacake887 said:

My only concern is why the game bothered to tell us the reserve leader's name this late when they're already dead and had only been mentioned previously in one line of dialogue.

If you mean the policeman, then no - he was the MAIN Fairy Leader. Ame did mention she was going to call the reserve (quite a delayed decision, m'lady), but since Adrienn has returned... No necessity 

47 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

If you mean the policeman, then no - he was the MAIN Fairy Leader. Ame did mention she was going to call the reserve (quite a delayed decision, m'lady), but since Adrienn has returned... No necessity 

I think the policeman and the Fairy leader were two separate people, as the Police learn about the outcome of their fallen comrade(at least if you do the quest), while Ame says that she doesn't know what happened to the Gym leader; just that they had gone missing after the Jasper Ward? (not sure which ward Ame said but the officer was in Beryl, so potentially different places). I'm sure that the Police would have passed on the news if they were really the leader.

But yeah, you did catch me out with the reserve leader thing, I had been referring to the one who died but called them the reserve leader due to them being the reserve after Adreinn. 

2 hours ago, Bananacake887 said:

I'm sure that the Police would have passed on the news if they were really the leader.

...not my fault they're dumber than a pile of rocks! 

If they REALLY were effective, Gym Leaders wouldn't need to-... 

But... This is Pokemon universe, police IS useless there. Unless one of them is some talented Trainer with ranks - like Nanu - they ain't gonna do anything good. 

All tasks and threats have to be solved by high ranked League Representatives or some random 10-year olds from who-knows-where. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oscarus said:

But... This is Pokemon universe, police IS useless there. Unless one of them is some talented Trainer with ranks - like Nanu - they ain't gonna do anything good. 

Imagine Nanu showed up in Reborn City...

I mean, Looker is already in the game.

12 hours ago, Bananacake887 said:

I've always thought that the voice after Hardy was just Ame(IRL one) breaking the fourth wall and having a bit of fun(I suppose that does mean that there is a higher power than Lin; the Dev's).

That wouldn't really make sense as we hear the same voice in Terra's Gym and after the entire Citae Astrae 

I definitely think that some of it what Ame breaking the fourth wall but some dialogue does indicate that strange voice.

I am 90% sure there's a third party in the game.

What with the new character reveal and whatnot

9 hours ago, Oscarus said:

If they REALLY were effective, Gym Leaders wouldn't need to-... 

All tasks and threats have to be solved by high ranked League Representatives or some random 10-year olds from who-knows-where. 

Yeah the Police do struggle in the Pokemon world, but they're not useless. They attempt to stop Corey(it's a bit hard to stop someone who practically teleported), and they evacuated civilians out of the Obsidia, Jasper and Beryl wards when the Tangrowth's struck. They continue to do tiny behind-the-scenes things throughout the game, but it is hard for them to train their Pokemon and enforce the laws whilst also being severely underfunded. They seem to have some arrangement with the League where Gym leaders seem to have some authority, and allow them to do the battling(roping talented trainers like the MC in as well), while the Police do the other stuff. 

Also, your response to 'the cops will pass the message on' was 'they're bad battlers so they won't'. The Police are on our side, so what does being poor at battling have to do with passing on an important message to the higher authority that they work for(I assume the Grand Hall acts as the government headquarters). The reason that the message didn't get passed on is because the dead Fairy leader and the dead Police officer are different people, so it was unnecessary to tell Ame, as it seems she isn't/wasn't in charge of the Police administration. 

Okay, maybe not useless per-se... But definitely some plans are just plain bad. 

Like I said... Splitting up completely while two entire Wards are covered in wild and powerful vines of unknown origin? If they were working together, they at least might've reached PULSE (they must've had some Fire and Fighting Pokemon to deal with the obstacles - as those two types are some of the more commonly used by police). Yeah, the chances of defeating it, an Agent/Gym Leader and two Commanders would be almost zero, but hey - with a pinch of luck... 

If not for protagonist, all five policemen could die, not only Jacob. And maybe even more. 

Actually... I'm typing something again without thinking (but that's because I have enough of thinking for one day), but... how did they end up in that situation? As we know, 3 PULSE Tangrowths had been ruining Reborn City for hours. And - most likely - all three were activated at the same time (ZEL in Obsidia, Taka in Jasper, Corey in Beryl). 

There might be the chance that all of them were on patrol... but what are the chances? If so, shouldn't they focus more on Peridot; the Ward with the most recent terrorist attacks? This might sound stupid, but who've could predict that the next attacks would be actually there, and not somewhere else in the city? 

The policemen are usually seen where the incident with Meteors is happening or have happened, NOT before it will happen, so either they actually predicted the place, but not necessarily the timing, or they were truly unlucky. Or thier plan simply failed

One does not need to be the strongest Trainer, but without correct strategy, might one own a Legend, one will fall even to most common of Magikarp. 

21 hours ago, Bananacake887 said:

Nah, that voice is definitely the same as the one from Citae Astrae, the Void and the diary in the Glitch World. They all use only lower case letters and begin with something like 'hee hee... this is fun...'

I read somewhere that the voice's event in the Void is labelled something like 'BabyArceusTeaser', but the diary in the Glitch World also refers to baby Arceus in the third person ("it's all thanks to baby arceus", "i'm going to make sure i repay him"), so the theory was that the voice was child Lin, and she has been orchestrating things along with baby Arceus

But in the Dangan Reborn thread, the voice is a different entity (Third) separate from child Lin, so there might be someone even above Lin who is making Lin do what she is doing

16 hours ago, Oscarus said:

If you are talking about this game, the Reborn MC is above 18 (that's why Connal lets you go)

4 hours ago, Oscarus said:

Splitting up completely while two entire Wards are covered in wild and powerful vines of unknown origin?

They split up to rescue the citizens. The population you see in Jasper and Beryl after restoration are the people that survived because of the Police's efforts

Edited by Lone Karvanha

2 hours ago, Lone Karvanha said:

Nah, that voice is definitely the same as the one from Citae Astrae, the Void and the diary in the Glitch World. They all use only lower case letters and begin with something like 'hee hee... this is fun...'

I read somewhere that the voice's event in the Void is labelled something like 'BabyArceusTeaser', but the diary in the Glitch World also refers to baby Arceus in the third person ("it's all thanks to baby arceus", "i'm going to make sure i repay him"), so the theory was that the voice was child Lin, and she has been orchestrating things along with baby Arceus

But in the Dangan Reborn thread, the voice is a different entity (Third) separate from child Lin, so there might be someone even above Lin who is making Lin do what she is doing

I just re-watched a video of the ending to E18 and it doesn't include the "hee hee" thing, except the last sentence which says "i wanna keep playing for a long, long time...". Nothing else in the dialogue sounds like the Citae Astrae voice, and Ame is renowned for not using capitals. Could be worth asking about that if Cass' T-shirt cannon ever returns(I doubt it though as 6 t-shirts was already very generous, and some things have gotta remain a mystery for us to discover)

Also, what's the go with the 'baby arceus'? I thought canonically there was one Arceus, so I always assumed that the 'baby' was just a pet name that the author of the diary used, as it kinda suits their persona, but I've seen others refer to it as a literal baby.