The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

2 hours ago, Bananacake887 said:

Also, what's the go with the 'baby arceus'? I thought canonically there was one Arceus, so I always assumed that the 'baby' was just a pet name that the author of the diary used, as it kinda suits their persona, but I've seen others refer to it as a literal baby.

Baby Arceus....? Have I been sleeping under the rock? 

Canonically there IS one true Arceus. There's a theory that what we think is Arceus is actually just an image of the true being Arceus, or just one of thier thousand hands used to shape the known universe. 

But, if you think about it... There might be a chance that "baby Arceus" truly exists, at least in the Reborn universe. Remember events of the Citadel? Where Elias had his Ditto absorb the power and transform into Arceus, or should I say, carbon copy of them? 

What if...? But what if...? There indeed was a second Arceus, that "baby" version, which recently hatched from the egg, but wasn't as majestic, big or powerful as the original, yet thier power was too big for mere humans to comprehend.

How did they come upon existing...? I'm afraid I cannot answer on that question. Was it Arceus sending his "child" to Earth? Or someone somehow got the glimpse of Alpha Pokemon's power/DNA/whatever and created "baby" like Team Rocket made Mewtwo from Mew's DNA? 

If that baby indeed exists, they may be the answer for many unknown variables, like... who is Lin actually, or how various characters got thier abilities to do various things (like Terra breaking the laws of psychics, or Anna seeing things others cannot) or who's controlling it all/pulling the strings...? 

To think the solution is so close, yet so far. Holy fuck, Amethyst and the rest did a fantastic job, having our emotions be held in check. 

Just now, Green Bean 501 said:

Giratina wasn't introduced until gen 4 either

You really make a good point. But didn't I tell you that Magikarp wasn't able to learn Bounce in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl?

By the way, I can't wait to obtain the other Mega Stones for Mega Evolutions when Pokemon Reborn E19 will be released.

33 minutes ago, SolareSupremo said:

By the way, I can't wait to obtain the other Mega Stones for Mega Evolutions when Pokemon Reborn E19 will be released.

Wha-... 

I, I just give you some quote; some inspirational sentence and tip described in an ancient manner... And somehow you started talking about Magikarp's moveset, the relationship between it and Giratina, and Mega Stones for E19 (which are basically every canon Mega which is not yet in game) 

Maybe I should stop saying things like a 200 year old druid. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Oscarus said:

By the way, what do you think? 

Will in the postgame be introduced some new, special characters; those canon ones or from other fanmade games? Or simply the same set as we've seen minus the dead?

Because that might be interesting, and a start of many cool mini storylines

1 hour ago, Oscarus said:

By the way, what do you think? 

Will in the postgame be introduced some new, special characters; those canon ones or from other fanmade games? Or simply the same set as we've seen minus the dead?

Because that might be interesting, and a start of many cool mini storylines

Well we know for certain that we'll at least get to meet the devs. As for crossovers there might be some references to Rejuvenation but I wouldn't expect anything big since they take place roughly 7 years apart

gearen.png.b250cf387518f4f89059cbd470615add.png

Assuming we even get more than this

Edited by Green Bean 501

2 hours ago, Green Bean 501 said:

Well we know for certain that we'll at least get to meet the devs.

Devs are obvious. 

Marcello claimed that thier fight will be rather challenging: with one of them getting #1 in both Fieldless AI Tournaments. 

2 hours ago, Green Bean 501 said:

I wouldn't expect anything big since they take place roughly 7 years apart

10 years. I think... At least that's what one of the devs has said. 

Also, yeah, the characters in Reborn and Rejuvenation are on average... young. Like-  I'll list all major characters in Reborn who are confirmed to be over 30:

• Corey Molinar 
  • Serra Voclain
  • Radomus Vanhanen 
  • Adrienn Flores 
  • Sirius 
  • Solaris Alcantara 
  • Sigmund Connal 
  • Elias Hazel

That's it, I've finished the list. Out of 43 major characters (49, if you include all the protagonists), only 8 have at least 30 years. 

To be fair, some of the characters don't have listed out even the borderlines of thier age, but in most cases, they look to be less than 30. 

I've actually written all the characters, reasonings and verdicts, but suddenly I was kicked out, and the progress was lost, and I don't want to spend another 2 hours on writing it. I'll simply write them down and describe them very shortly:

• Shade - he's a ghost with completely unknown past, so calculating the age is impossible 
  • Aster - young (and stupid); at most mid 20s' 
  • Eclipse - around the same as Aster; her father doesn't even look like a senile old man, but a bit ill middle aged adult 
  • Lin - uber enigma #1
  • Ame Liddell - uber enigma #2
  • Gossip Gardevoir - it's harder to calculate Pokemon's age rather than humans, because they don't grow and show the signs of aging as we do. And evolutions don't matter in that regard (like that very old Treecko in the anime, who was the seer of the younger Treeckos of the anime, and one of them joined Ash, and now he's a Sceptile). 
  • Sandy - just a side character, but it seems she should've had a greater role than she had as of right now. Also looks quite young, like really... and she's cute. 
  • Corin Rogue - like I said, just a side character; age wasn't disclosed in the slightest 
  • Alistasia - uber enigma #3, looks pretty 
  • John - he has never said anything about himself, other than the loyalty to his superiors and the desire to protect orphans 

13 hours ago, Oscarus said:

Devs are obvious. 

Marcello claimed that thier fight will be rather challenging: with one of them getting #1 in both Fieldless AI Tournaments. 

10 years. I think... At least that's what one of the devs has said. 

Also, yeah, the characters in Reborn and Rejuvenation are on average... young. Like-  I'll list all major characters in Reborn who are confirmed to be over 30:

• Corey Molinar 
  • Serra Voclain
  • Radomus Vanhanen 
  • Adrienn Flores 
  • Sirius 
  • Solaris Alcantara 
  • Sigmund Connal 
  • Elias Hazel

Ig that would explain why Adrienn looks the same in Rejuvenation. Aya's grown older but her vs sprites look mostly the same so a bit difficult to tell by how much

vsTrainer13.png

vsTrainer166.png

Edited by Green Bean 501

3 hours ago, Green Bean 501 said:

Aya's grown older but her vs sprites look mostly the same so a bit difficult to tell by how much

There was a change in design, and she's more mature in Rejuvenation, but overall still looking fresh. 

Also, shoutout to Adrienn in Rejuvenation for not aging a bit while being in around the same age as Solaris was in Reborn (mid - late 40s).

I think he is around that - I've spent quite some time seeking out the answer 

1 minute ago, Oscarus said:

There was a change in design, and she's more mature in Rejuvenation, but overall still looking fresh. 

Also, shoutout to Adrienn in Rejuvenation for not aging a bit while being in around the same age as Solaris was in Reborn (mid - late 40s).

There's a theory that the "one to two hours" (AKA 10 years) spent in the Citadel affected her much more than just average "time-andspace warp". Perhaps xer has attained eternal youth - that'd be nice. Immorality... Less probable, and less fun. Watching all around you die as you stay the same... 

7 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

Oh! And if you closely, in Rejuvenation's VS sprite, she smiles. While in Reborn, she's in the very neutral mood 

2 hours ago, Oscarus said:

Oh! And if you closely, in Rejuvenation's VS sprite, she smiles. While in Reborn, she's in the very neutral mood 

Maybe because of her character development. Aya somehow took a level in kindness after what's going to happen to Pokemon Reborn E19.

• Hmm 2

On 2/12/2022 at 10:30 PM, Oscarus said:

I, I just give you some quote; some inspirational sentence and tip described in an ancient manner... And somehow you started talking about Magikarp's moveset, the relationship between it and Giratina, and Mega Stones for E19 (which are basically every canon Mega which is not yet in game) 

Ignoring the last one, I wasn't the one who started it. It's your fault to begin with, because of your quote :

"One does not need to be the strongest Trainer, but without correct strategy, might one own a Legend, one will fall even to most common of Magikarp."

For Mega Stones, I can't wait to mega evolve Blaziken.

20 minutes ago, CrystalStar said:

Ofc she is pissed. She got a job she didn't want xD

But hey, atleast she met Hardy, so I guess something good came out of it, haha 

That's also the part of Aya's character development.

3 hours ago, Oscarus said:

The wiki says that Adrienn is mid-twenties, while Solaris is middle-aged. A middle-aged person is generally between 40-60, and Rejuvenation is probably at most 10 years after Reborn(I'm not sure what the actual answer is). Given this, Adrienn in Rejuv would still be quite a bit younger than Solaris was in Reborn.

If Adrienn never got stuck in the Citae Arc-d'Astrae however, then xe would be of similar age of Solaris in Rejuv

13 minutes ago, SolareSupremo said:

Did you forget they can't both Mega Evolve at the same battle? You can mega evolve only one of them, in case of your strategy.

I know. But both will have megastones.

12 minutes ago, Bananacake887 said:

If Adrienn never got stuck in the Citae Arc-d'Astrae however, then xe would be of similar age of Solaris in Rejuv

That affected xer age???

1 hour ago, SolareSupremo said:

Ignoring the last one, I wasn't the one who started it. It's your fault to begin with, because of your quote :

I didn't say it was any of your fault. 

I say that I've been misunderst by lots... 

I won't be making any excuses - I should just straight up say what I think. 

sighs... I guess I will not be another Shade or PuppetMaster, huh? 

Maybe that's for the better, as I prefer face-to-face confrontations than staying behind. 

What I meant to say was: even if you have the strongest team formed of strongest Pokemon, if you do not have any strategy, you may be defeated even by the weakest. 

And it's far and away from anime bullshit. Yes, in the anime and manga worlds Trainers have much more possibilities for the usage of moves, Abilities, natural terrains and fields, and the battles are more dynamic (Legends: Arceus actually leaned more toward that, but it's still not the same; but I guess that's because if the limits of game mechanics). 

But in the games, you can do that too. Actually, I've seen on YT playthrough where some guy plays Pokemon Reborn... with the level cap HALVED! That means: "if the current level cap in game is 50, my Pokemon cannot be over level 25". In the early game, that's wasn't impressive. But the further they got, the more interesting it got. True, a lot of times it was basically salting the opponent and exploiting weaknesses: in Battle of Agate, Solaris was defeated... With the combinatons of Sturdy + Counter/Reversal/Endeavor + Custap Berry... times many. 

Also... Do you remember 2014? When Worlds were won... by a Pachirisu? It was truly a pure master tactics on the Se Jun Park's behalf. That some mere Pika-clone defeated monsters of VGC like Garchomp, Hydreigon or Tyranitar...

In words of Hoenn Elite Four Drake: "Superb, it should be said" 

So... Do y'all get it now? I didn't mean to cause conflict, just... be a bit more interesting, I think

50 minutes ago, Bananacake887 said:

The wiki says that Adrienn is mid-twenties,

Biologically 

Chronologically, Adrienn is in xer mid-thirties (mid-forties in Rejuvenation) 

And Solaris is at least 45 years old. We can assume that because Taka, his biological son, is in his early 20s'. 

Honestly, I doubt Solaris would have an affair with "random" women just to have an heir, while being young himself. Yes, according to Elias, his friend had been quite rebellious in the past, opposing his family's legacy and faith (just like Taka did, ironically). But after his parents were killed, and he murdered the murderer, he was changing; starting to understand and soon he "started following the path of the Lord". 

We can assume that Solaris was a "teenager", or young adult but that is less likely, while that incident happened, because:

He was a raucous youth, never quite satisfied with his life's charge of protecting an old monument. As I understood, for most of his life he resented this purpose, lashing out, as many of the youth do, against Arceus. 

So Solaris was teenager at most while the tragedy in Alcantara family occurred. And since he became more rational, mature, and well-behaved, I doubt he would jump to bed almost instantly. So the Taka's birth happened some years later. 

Also, him being 45+ would make sense also from purely biological point of view, as his hair are graying. In addition to that, Elias, who is 10 years older than Solaris, meaning he is 55+, has white hair (well, they're platinium blonde, but still) 

IMG_20220214_233206.png.d71f607f14106ec542f6404effb8bb59.pngIMG_20220214_233214.jpg.929b34fa847151f68f5e3b46e1ef52ee.jpg

Also... If Elias was older than that by a few years... then Luna could basically be his granddaughter. 

3 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

Biologically 

Chronologically, Adrienn is in xer mid-thirties (mid-forties in Rejuvenation) 

5 hours ago, Oscarus said:

So you're counting the years xe was frozen in time, causing xem to be 10+ years younger biologically than chronologically, but then praising xem for not looking as old as people xyr own age?

12 minutes ago, Bananacake887 said:

So you're counting the years xe was frozen in time, causing xem to be 10+ years younger biologically than chronologically, but then praising xem for not looking as old as people xyr own age?

Yes... and no. 

I might've sped up a bit too much and typed things before thrice-checking, but Adrienn did not age for the last 10 years. Yes, xe was frozen in time for the another 10 years, but I think in Rejuvenation it looks like this:

• chronologically: mid-40s
  • biologically: mid-30s
  • aesthetically: mid-20s

Still impressive, though.