The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

12 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

Yes... and no. 

I might've sped up a bit too much and typed things before thrice-checking, but Adrienn did not age for the last 10 years. Yes, xe was frozen in time for the another 10 years, but I think in Rejuvenation it looks like this:

• chronologically: mid-40s
  • biologically: mid-30s
  • aesthetically: mid-20s

Still impressive, though. 

Well, I know which place Adrienn was frozen in time for 10 years : Citae Arc-d'Astrae Aerie. Even when MC went here, how many times have passed?

12 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

Yes... and no. 

I might've sped up a bit too much and typed things before thrice-checking, but Adrienn did not age for the last 10 years. Yes, xe was frozen in time for the another 10 years, but I think in Rejuvenation it looks like this:

• chronologically: mid-40s
  • biologically: mid-30s
  • aesthetically: mid-20s

Still impressive, though. 

Adrienn only has an overworld sprite in Rejuv, so it is pretty hard to judge an age as they're too small to show much detail, and each person views things differently but Adrienn looks to me at least 30 here

trchar274.png.915323969623a966ea10b148aeb93835.png

Edited by Bananacake887

12 minutes ago, SolareSupremo said:

Well, I know which place Adrienn was frozen in time for 10 years : Citae Arc-d'Astrae Aerie

That... everyone knows (at least those who reached that point of the plot) 

13 minutes ago, SolareSupremo said:

Even when MC went here, how many times have passed?

Actually... time was going naturally when MC entered with Radomus and Cain. 

Why? Because of the "keys" - both them and Citadel and connected to each other; when one brings all four keys atop of Citadel and opens the gates, apparently there is an unlimited power behind them, if we trust Solaris' and Elias' words. 

Maybe because of the "resonance" between the place and keys MC possessed then (Ruby and Amethyst) causing the time to flow normally, and have Adrienn be unfrozen. Unfortunately, our ol' good laws of psychics won't explain this phenomenon, and it will be unexplainable by common logic. 

It's something that we'll have to live with it 

6 hours ago, Oscarus said:

Maybe because of the "resonance" between the place and keys MC possessed then (Ruby and Amethyst) causing the time to flow normally, and have Adrienn be unfrozen. Unfortunately, our ol' good laws of psychics won't explain this phenomenon, and it will be unexplainable by common logic. 

I think Radomus speculates that the keys act as a shield against the weird flow of time. So as long as people stay close to it, they're fine, but the rest of the Aerie is still frozen in time. 

2 hours ago, Vulnona said:

I think Radomus speculates that the keys act as a shield against the weird flow of time. So as long as people stay close to it, they're fine, but the rest of the Aerie is still frozen in time.

That sums it up perfectly, at least for me

11 minutes ago, Dark Champion said:

Bet we will end up going down there again though

Either there or under Grand Stairway, in the place of first confrontation with Solaris. 

Because... There will be fight with Lin, in the New World Field...

She accomplished her plan, but haven't quite finished it, so protag leaps into action, meets Lin and Arceus (Arc-PULSE) in the mysterious place which is basically the beginning of the end, and the battle occurs. Protag, obviously, wins, Lin is either destroyed or banished forever,then we become new Reborn Grand Champion. 

I, actually, have planned a quite different turn of events for the final battle, even before V19 was officially announced. 

But... I don't know if I want to say it 

9 minutes ago, Dark Champion said:

Is it possible for Characters from Rejuvenation to be in Reborn's post game? I mean, I know Rejuvenation is 7-10 years later, but that doesn't mean that younger versions of the characters won't show up. It's possible, right?

Those who are older, and could travel between regions, may appear. Because I doubt we would see Venam or Erick in Reborn... they're younger than Heather, and we know that "Little Miss Elite Four" already had a problems because of her age and roaming freely. If it wasn't for her position... 

So, I don't say it's impossible, but the potential roster is limited. 

2 hours ago, Green Bean 501 said:

Since Looker briefly appears during one sidequest, maybe other characters from the main games will appear too. I'd like to see a battle against Cynthia in the post game. Her Garchomp, Lucario, and Gastrodon are all well suited to the Ash Beach field

I feel like it would be adding fuel to the potential fire with our favorite studio TM. Nothing prohibiting the fans, though.

4 hours ago, SolareSupremo said:

if you have played Pokemon Reborn, you should have known about the prediction in Abandoned Factory before facing Shade.

Forget not:

Four screens foretold four souls' fortune forsaken 

For, forsooth, from foreshadowed, only two will be taken 

First of all, I wish I could rhyme like Shade does. Whenever he does that, it sounds so badass!

Second of all, that means you either are or are not right. That depends on whenever "taken" refers to "killed/dead" or "taken" literally - like Shade took Corey's body (and most likely soul). I can see both options being true, but leaning more towards the first one. 

If that was the case, Lin WILL survive being split in pieces. But I do wonder who, or what, caused that. I think that might be Spacial Rend, or some energy caused her "mortal body" to be piece'd.

If I may chime in, I would also like to remind everyone that since Corey died before his death was shown on the monitor, that means it wasn't foreshadowed, so there is still a chance for Lin to be killed off. It may or may not happen depending on whether or not the devs intended this discrepancy, so I guess we'll see what happens.

• Hmm 1

1 minute ago, Draconis said:

If I may chime in, I would also like to remind everyone that since Corey died before his death was shown on the monitor, that means it wasn't foreshadowed, so there is still a chance for Lin to be killed off. It may or may not happen depending on whether or not the devs intended this discrepancy, so I guess we'll see what happens.

Lin isn't human. Thats obvious. She ant gonna die. She might be destroyed somehow, but my theory is that to save those in the void, Lin will have to be imprisoned there before they can be free.

42 minutes ago, Draconis said:

Shade leads with a Gengar, and based on its nickname, its Poison type and its Moon dex entry, its probably Corey's spirit. Since the battle doesn't take place until after Shade shows Lin's supposed death, it means that Corey was one of the souls taken. 

48 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

If that was the case, Lin WILL survive being split in pieces. But I do wonder who, or what, caused that. I think that might be Spacial Rend, or some energy caused her "mortal body" to be piece'd.

I'm sort of leaning towards this idea myself, she has survived being stabbed after all. She doesn't die, or have her soul taken, because she doesn't have one.  There's a number of ways that could go but I think the simplest is that she traded it to some supernatural being (like the baby Arceus) for immense power/immortality.

Edited by Green Bean 501

1 hour ago, Dark Champion said:

my theory is that to save those in the void, Lin will have to be imprisoned there before they can be free.

Maybe. As of right now, the only ones (I think) in the void are Samson/Ciel and Cain (and how did he land there? Did Gardevoir make an "oopsie" while being jealous over Zina?) 

Also, I too have an similar concept to that... sorta (HEAVY spoilers for "Pokemon Reborn: Adventures"): 

Spoiler

After Anna made a wish, and Nostra/Jirachi resorted Reborn City (because it fucking exploded after Arc-PULSE unleashed its power while being under the city; Grand Hall to be precise... it's a very long story...), everyone (Oscar, Gym Leaders, Elite Four, other major allies and former enemies like Blake or Sigmund) were celebrating the ultimate victory. 

But... somehow... Lin way lying in some distance of them, despite the fact that in the final moments of the battle inside "New World" 's beginning-thingy, a giant blast absorbed and seemingly annihilated her. 

She was slowly standing up, not believing she plan would fail. 

Also, an interesting thing to note, while getting up on two legs, while the body shape and all was the same, she was growing some aspects from it, like gold half-rings around the waist, arms and legs, red spikes on the back, black-and-red stripes on her front body, and red eyes with yellow sclera. She looked almost as she fused with Giratina (which isn't possible; in this fanfic at least; because Giratina was summoned alongside Dialga and Palkia by Oscar and asked to help Rebornians deal with Arc-PULSE) 

As she was about to attack with the claws and tear them apart, some powerful, deep voice said "ENOUGH!" and a mysterious blast of energy hit Lin, and created an spherical force field around her. Quickly, she became drowsy and fell asleep. 

The one to do this magic was Arceus, who was thankful for freeing them from her. 

One long, complicated dialogue later, Arceus and Creation Trio returned to thier respective dimensions, with Lin being taken by Alpha Pokemon. 

In Rejuvenation (sequel fanfic), Oscar claims that Lin had been locked in the "pocket dimension", separated from the rest of the universe completely, with only Arceus and those who they have allowed to, can enter it. 

The place is completely empty, and the only thing of note is a thing looking like a prison cell: cubic, 5 sturdy walls and the 6th one being replaced by bars, human could freely move around. But there was nothing: and I mean, literally nothing, inside, only Lin, who spends... all the time either sleeping, walking around or "meditating" 

But that is just what this could look in my version. 

My version is by no means canon, meaning you shouldn't bring it up when talking about lore (but if you want, at least say it's just a fanfic) 

1 hour ago, Oscarus said:

Maybe. As of right now, the only ones (I think) in the void are Samson/Ciel and Cain (and how did he land there? Did Gardevoir make an "oopsie" while being jealous over Zina?) 

Who are you referring to when you say "and how did he land there"? Samson/Ciel were send there while Gardevoir was under the control of Lin(I'm not even sure it's confirmed to be G.Gardevoir, just implied), and Cain was under the control of Hypno, and was forcefully put to sleep in close proximity to the PULSE when Gardevoir attacked, so he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time(not that he could have done anything to prevent that in the first place except for not going to the Glass Workstation).

I also wouldn't say that Gardevoir was jealous over Zina, the two had a seemingly close relationship. While Gardevoir does mention her crush on Radomus, that was 10+ years after Zina so the crush could have developed over that time. Just before Gardevoir casts the black hole, she states "This is my purpose!","Yes, it is! To make sure you lived on -- All those years ago...  This is what she(Zina) asked me to do". Gardevoir's are loyal only to those whom they deem their master, so for Gardevoir to carry out Zina's wish after 10+ years shows that despite not being her Pokemon, Gardevoir respected her so much as to regard her as her master. If there was a hint of jealousy, I wouldn't imagine that Gardevoir would be so willing to reveal the promise that they had, and instead would claim that she is protecting Radomus out of her own love. 

Also, if Gardevoir was indeed jealous, why would she care all these years later if Zina had gone missing as that would mean that Gardevoir has Radomus all to herself. This 'oopsie' that you mention doesn't really make sense as Gardevoir shouldn't be jealous anymore, and Cain has nothing to do with it

7 hours ago, Bananacake887 said:

Who are you referring to when you say "and how did he land there"?

Cain, cuz he got in the range of black hole... purely accidentally 

At least, I think that was an accident, as the primary target was PULSE Hypno. 

Plus, it has been shown Gardevoir feeling... more to Radomus that you think:

• In the interview, Radomus claimed that he'd met his true soulmate, and that's why he isn't intending to take another wife. Gardevoir, who also said that she has a soulmate, and she was looking forward to that one to propose to her, went completely silent. Later, she stopped the interview, calling Radomus "stupid" (I don't know if after that, Radomus actually knew what was going over her mind, or actually was oblivious... heh... pun not intended... to her declaration) 
  • In the Glass Workstation, after winning the 6vs30 gauntlet, while casting black hole, Gardevoir said exactly this: 

I will always love you more than she, or anyone else, ever could!

Implying this is something more that a mere crush. How strong this is? It's very hard to tell. 

Ignore that, I'm writing on phone and here it's impossible to erase this. 

In the Void Sequence, where there are shown events of the past and other things to note (like Kiki actually snapping), Gardevoir... was trying to accept the fact that Radomus and her can't be together. I don't remember the exact dialoque, but it went somewhere around like: "A human and a Pokemon? Together? We aren't living in Medieval Age!". She was trying to say to herself that the closest they will be to themselves is friendship. 

Yes, there is a theory that AT LEAST one of them is manipulating the other (Gardevoir trying to get Radomus' trust, Radomus acting like he cares about Gardevoir, but he knows the actual truth and keeps her in check, or both playing the same mindgame, like in chess), but as of V18, nothing is certain.

It is said that the Gardevoir Lin used to send Samson/Ciel to the void, is actually Gossip one. Which is a likely theory, considering the one didn't say anything. And don't say "oh, it has casted black hole, so it has to be her", because... all Gardevoir can do it, according to Pokedex

But we need to wait

2 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

Cain, cuz he got in the range of black hole... purely accidentally 

At least, I think that was an accident, as the primary target was PULSE Hypno. 

Plus, it has been shown Gardevoir feeling... more to Radomus that you think:

• In the interview, Radomus claimed that he'd met his true soulmate, and that's why he isn't intending to take another wife. Gardevoir, who also said that she has a soulmate, and she was looking forward to that one to propose to her, went completely silent. Later, she stopped the interview, calling Radomus "stupid" (I don't know if after that, Radomus actually knew what was going over her mind, or actually was oblivious... heh... pun not intended... to her declaration) 
  • In the Glass Workstation, after winning the 6vs30 gauntlet, while casting black hole, Gardevoir said exactly this: 

Implying this is something more that a mere crush. How strong this is? It's very hard to tell. 

• In the Void Sequence, where there are shown events of the past and other things to note (like Kiki actually snapping), Gardevoir... was trying to accept the fact that Radomus and her can't be together. I don't remember the exact dialoque, but it went somewhere around like: "A human and a Pokemon? Together? We aren't living in Medieval Age!". She was trying to say to herself that the closest they will be to themselves is friendship. 

Yes, there is a theory that AT LEAST one of them is manipulating the other (Gardevoir trying to get Radomus' trust, Radomus acting like he cares about Gardevoir, but he knows the actual truth and keeps her in check, or both playing the same mindgame, like in chess), but as of V18, nothing is certain.

It is quite obvious that Gardevoir loved Radomus from the game, proven by all the evidence that collected here. However, your post is seemingly structured in a way to 'prove a counter-point' towards my last post, which had been about your claim that Gardevoir was jealous of Zina, not in regards to Gardevoir and Radomus' relationship, which had been acknowledged. 

17 hours ago, Green Bean 501 said:

Shade leads with a Gengar, and based on its nickname, its Poison type and its Moon dex entry, its probably Corey's spirit. Since the battle doesn't take place until after Shade shows Lin's supposed death, it means that Corey was one of the souls taken. 

But was it "from foreshadowed"? If it happened in the past and was shown again, it wasn't foreshadowed, it was called back to.