The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

Just now, Oscarus said:

Well, the number of those was so big that she lost her head because of it...

Okay, I'll stop

Yeah, at this point it's excessive no more.

On another note, what mons do you think might be unexpected MVPs in Ep19. I find it funny how effective Whimsicott is when you give it a Fairy Plate and start clicking Nature Power, which starts (when considering all the multipliers) about 440 priority Fairy damage.

5 minutes ago, bobirobi20 said:

On another note, what mons do you think might be unexpected MVPs in Ep19.

Actually, I do not know. 

The biggest threats in V19 will be Dragon Leader Saphira, PULSE Clawitzer and Meteor Leader/Mastermind Lin. 

As I have experience in battling on Dragon's Den, I might not have problems (DD Mega Tyranitar is incredibly effective there). But New World Field, hm...

Silvally, due to RKS System changing types every turn, might (or not) be threating with it changing types every turn. But that's RNG, so I don't think it's my best candidate. The best way to weaken Lin is to... eliminate the field.

However the only way to pernament destruction is using legendary-exclusive moves: Geomancy and Light that Burns the Sky. There is one other way however to do it though: Gravity + weather. On turn one, have Pokemon use Gravity, to transform the field into Starlight Arena. Then, either use weather move, or swap for Pokemon who has Drought/Drizzle/Sand Stream/Snow Warning. Depending on how those mechanics will work and what items your Pokemon will have, you're gonna have 4-8 turns without Field, which you could use for your benefit as I bet Lin's team is gonna be built around New World. 

Setting up, straight-up beat up, other preparations - so many options. The best option is when using this strategy you will use weather team, which has many benefits in that kind of strategy.

Hmmmm, her team will most likely go for full offense which means abusing and/or avoiding the field's speed cut. This makes Trick Room very effective, especially since New World extends it to 8 turns. That is of course if you can get through her bulk in the first place, but that's not something I was able to check with my experimental team for her, since I don't know how to add EVs.

My team is mostly offensive, but Whimsicotts Prankster Tailwind did the trick for speed control, and I may try something with screens and Gardevoir. I don't think I'll go for field removal unless we'll be able to adapt our teams specifically for Lin, because it also deals with a hypothetical E4 decently, and I'm scared of Laura and El.

1 minute ago, bobirobi20 said:

Hmmmm, her team will most likely go for full offense which means abusing and/or avoiding the field's speed cut. This makes Trick Room very effective, especially since New World extends it to 8 turns. That is of course if you can get through her bulk in the first place, but that's not something I was able to check with my experimental team for her, since I don't know how to add EVs.

My team is mostly offensive, but Whimsicotts Prankster Tailwind did the trick for speed control, and I may try something with screens and Gardevoir. I don't think I'll go for field removal unless we'll be able to adapt our teams specifically for Lin, because it also deals with a hypothetical E4 decently, and I'm scared of Laura and El.

Oh yeah, Trick Room... 

I very rarely use this strategy - usually when someone else does it for me (like Radomus). I also think most of her team will be going to go around Speed reduction, so Trick Room will definetly counter it. The problem is that battle WILL be Singles, and there's no way to increase the duration of Room,

We'll expirement on it,

25 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

Oh yeah, Trick Room... 

I very rarely use this strategy - usually when someone else does it for me (like Radomus). I also think most of her team will be going to go around Speed reduction, so Trick Room will definetly counter it. The problem is that battle WILL be Singles, and there's no way to increase the duration of Room,

We'll expirement on it,

The field itself extends it, and I guess that's something we disagree on, because i think it will be Doubles. If it's singles than all you need for Trick Room is a focus sash(or band and some patience)

2 hours ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

Nah stabbing is for cowards, prefer for characters I dislike to have character development and to live with the terrible stuff they've done

Nope , terrorist deserve to died . If you join or abet a terrorist group, the punishment death . However , I believe fern deserve some characters development or to lesser redemption for being shitty rival with a Napoleon complex . However , I believe he’ll get redeemed and live with the actions he committed throughout the game . However , I’ll appreciate he’ll be put to death for the consequences of his actions or Florina.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bobirobi20 said:

The field itself extends it, and I guess that's something we disagree on, because i think it will be Doubles. If it's singles than all you need for Trick Room is a focus sash(or band and some patience)

About the Trick Room... I've must missed it.

And also... if the battle will be Doubles, that means it's gonna be easier because of the Seed making Pokemon easier to take out since the effect forces it to recharge. Plus, have you ever heard of Perish Trap?

In Doubles, you just need to take out 4 Pokemon, leaving Hydreigon and Arceus, then safely switch in fast (or super bulky) Pokemon with Perish Song, then stall.Or bring in Shadow Tag Pokemon and have it use Protect as much as possible. Easier said than done, especially if Hydreigon has it's Black Hole Eclipse still. But manageble

1 hour ago, bobirobi20 said:

I have an offensive baton pass team so I'm probably gonna try to get enough speed boosts to negate the decrease. I have a bunch of air balloons I never used so I can probably put them to use against Lin

Just now, Green Bean 501 said:

I have an offensive baton pass team so I'm probably gonna try to get enough speed boosts to negate the decrease. I have a bunch of air balloons I never used so I can probably put them to use against Lin

Yeah, I purchased like 30 4 years ago in preparation XD, currently I'm just trying something else, because it might not be enough, and if I want to nuke Arceus with Black Hole Eclipse I'll need an item slot.

2 minutes ago, bobirobi20 said:

and if I want to nuke Arceus with Black Hole Eclipse I'll need an item slot.

But try NOT to do it when they're Dark-resistant (Dark, Fighting or Fairy type)

Otherwise... they might resist the attack. Just wait until they transform into right type

Assuming Arc-PULSE will have Multitype

34 minutes ago, Mr.Badass said:

However , I’ll appreciate he’ll be put to death for the consequences of his actions or Florina.

I mean that is a bit extreme... Please do respect when people ask for a topic change though as many people were clearly getting uncomfortable with the way the conversation was going.

8 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

But try NOT to do it when they're Dark-resistant (Dark, Fighting or Fairy type)

Otherwise... they might resist the attack. Just wait until they transform into right type

Assuming Arc-PULSE will have Multitype

That might not apply with EVs but during my experiments Naganadel OHKOed a Dark-Arceus with a Black Hole Eclipse, and considering it's like 200 BP *6 I'm honestly not surprised. And the types rolled seemed to depend on RNG, so you can always try again.

8 minutes ago, bobirobi20 said:

That might not apply with EVs but during my experiments Naganadel OHKOed a Dark-Arceus with a Black Hole Eclipse, and considering it's like 200 BP *6 I'm honestly not surprised. And the types rolled seemed to depend on RNG, so you can always try again.

Hate to break the bubble, but that definetly won't happen:

1641805796_Zrzutekranu2022-01-31183534.thumb.png.cdf12fe89a23880de8a1c1af218e6cb9.png

(Black Hole Eclipse is a boosted Dark Pulse: 160 BP * 1,5 * 4 = 960 BP)

(this calcs are done purely to calculate that specific outcome, nothing more)

And since Arc-PULSE will have much higher base stats, plus PULSE2, I don't think it will OHKO without any boosts to Special Attack

5 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

1641805796_Zrzutekranu2022-01-31183534.thumb.png.cdf12fe89a23880de8a1c1af218e6cb9.png

And since Arc-PULSE will have much higher base stats, plus PULSE2, I don't think it will OHKO without any boosts to Special Attack

Well crap, seems I'll have to get good RNG, assuming it will actually have Multitype, which it probably will.

5 hours ago, Oscarus said:

Nagenadel could always set up with Nasty Plot or Beast Boost. Or you can just bring a Hydreigon of your own

43 minutes ago, Green Bean 501 said:

The dev blog said it only had a 39% win rate against the other ai in singles

Correct, but keep in mind that in that 'tournament', PULSE Mr.Mime only fought on a neutral field.

In a much earlier Dev Blog, Marcello mentions that despite having a big part in creating the fight, and knowing the gimmick of the fight, he could do fuck-all against it. I suggest that this 'gimmick' is what makes the battle so difficult, and because the PULSE isn't an official league member, they didn't have any battles in their optimal environment in the AI tournament. The gimmick is probably a field effect that beefs up the Mime, potentially something like the mirror field.

9 hours ago, Green Bean 501 said:

Nagenadel could always set up with Nasty Plot or Beast Boost.

Spoiler

I don't think it will OHKO without any boosts to Special Attack

And why do you think I've clarified this upfront?

But the best scenario is to wait until Arc-PULSE is either Dark-neutral or Dark-weak.