The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

The house battle has people using their pokemon to directly attack too. Sirius has his seviper poison fang Flobot and julia has her electrode attack Sirius in return. Also Amaria has Lapras attack the grunts to clear a way for you in Blackstream.

Of course we can't forget the Torkoal in the beginning and Lin vs Ame.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

The house battle has people using their pokemon to directly attack too. Sirius has his seviper poison fang Flobot and julia has her electrode attack Sirius in return. Also Amaria has Lapras attack the grunts to clear a way for you in Blackstream.

6 hours ago, Logan_the_balalaika said:

And Sigmund shocking people, Kiki getting garchomp'd, Titania swinging her aegislash, Cal & Heather attacking Blake on the mountain peak, Saphira raiding meteors on the lake and in their base (although off-screen), Sirius' chandelure burning Eclipse..  the list goes on.

Well I was only trying to think of instances where the Pokemon use an actual Pokemon move on a human in the overworld, so yeah there's Seviper using Poison Fang too. But I guess many other instances without explicit move usage are also similar to that, especially Chandelure.

Whatever man, Ame must have thought about all this way more than us. I'm excited to see how stuff goes down

17 hours ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

What Torkoal? I don't remember anything like that.

12 minutes ago, Draconis said:

What Torkoal? I don't remember anything like that.

When you leave the Grand Hall for the first time after receiving your starter, a cut-scene shows Ame and some officials interrogating a meteor grunt and using a Torkoal to heat up the metal chair to which the grunt is strapped onto.

2 hours ago, RocketOSullivan said:

Speaking of that, weird that Sigmund survives a Hyper Beam from Saphira's Dragonite at the Belrose Mansion. It is not a great special attacker but still, a damn Dragonite.

He's kind of a mysterious character, and we know that in at least one scenario Lin can survive an otherwise-fatal sword wound.

Ol' Siggy Balls Sigmund Fraud might be a similar superhuman, especially if he's a link to the Lin/Terra conundrum.

5 hours ago, RocketOSullivan said:

Speaking of that, weird that Sigmund survives a Hyper Beam from Saphira's Dragonite at the Belrose Mansion. It is not a great special attacker but still, a damn Dragonite.

Well, that reminds me of this comic gem: https://external-preview.redd.it/x3xGGFfxu-Fa7ubUDbH5z2CeH_bQlmOi8CsINdKnkBU.jpg?auto=webp&s=64a4dcfec12327dc131e06d53c7341bd05f1d416

Edited by Vulnona

5 hours ago, Bananacake887 said:

When you leave the Grand Hall for the first time after receiving your starter, a cut-scene shows Ame and some officials interrogating a meteor grunt and using a Torkoal to heat up the metal chair to which the grunt is strapped onto.

Oh right, I forgot about that bit lol

I'm still thinking about the "Lin violently  blows up into pieces" on Shade's monitor. As satisfying as it is thinking she dies like that, I feel like it won't be as it appears. Considering we see light bursting out from behind her, I think it's either

-ditto, disguised as Lin

-Lin revealing her body to be a vessel of some sort and the actual entity inside/controlling her unveiling itself in spectacular fashion(giratina perhaps?)

-Lin actually getting blown up, but then appearing unharmed afterwards because she's like, immortal.

One of the scenes I'm looking forward to most is seeing the full context of this scene. I'd prefer if she really did die like that but then that begs the question of where that light is coming from.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

One of the scenes I'm looking forward to most is seeing the full context of this scene. I'd prefer if she really did die like that but then that begs the question of where that light is coming from.

Perhaps it'll involve Arceus somehow?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RocketOSullivan said:

Maybe it could be her New World being blowed up around her, with the light coming back?

I don't think so. In fact, I don't believe that the New World will achieve creation. We will somehow stop that from happening. If not, then your theory could be the correct one. Actually, it probably is, because I stand corrected as of now. The New World Field... How could I forget??

16 hours ago, RocketOSullivan said:

Might be a reference to Lance's dragonite, the Rocket grunt didn't die there either.

2 hours ago, RocketOSullivan said:

I think it will, because it's impossible to believe that we won't fight her on the New World Field. That might happen for a very short time at least.

I'm thinking the same thing. Looking from the field notes it's made specifically for her ace Hydreigon. Other powerful pokemon benefit too, like metagross, victini, and arceus

• Like 2

I would say aside from potential legandaries

Spoiler

and some stolen Pokemon from Ame, Gossip Gardevoir and the PULSE- Arceus (rip)

I would bet, she gets some strong Dragon type Pokemon like Garchomp (because she used to be the 1st Dragon Gym Leader in Online League of Season 1 back then) or Dark types. Even better yet Pokemon that fit her personality (like Gengar for example) or Pokemon with moves benefitting on the New World field.

That's my assumption for Lin's team.

14 minutes ago, Evi Crystal said:

I would say aside from potential legandaries

Hide contents

and some stolen Pokemon from Ame, Gossip Gardevoir and the PULSE- Arceus (rip)

I would bet, she gets some strong Dragon type Pokemon like Garchomp (because she used to be the 1st Dragon Gym Leader in Online League of Season 1 back then) or Dark types. Even better yet Pokemon that fit her personality (like Gengar for example) or Pokemon with moves benefitting on the New World field.

That's my assumption for Lin's team.

Noivern, Flygon, and Salamance all seem like good candidates since they don't suffer from the speed loss. I'm betting gardevoir will have a magical seed and stored power

• Upvote 1