The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

On 11/10/2021 at 4:08 PM, RocketOSullivan said:

I assume Elias will be the one that fights in double, with Laura. Could be extremely threatening under Trick Room.

I made some predictions for teams for late game fights a few months back, and my guess was Heather and Laura on doubles and El and Anna on Singles.

My main reasoning was just that they functioned better that way.

- Laura can set up her Garden faster in doubles and gets more use out of her support options in things like Florges and double targeting powder moves.

- Heather’s flying types allow for plenty of Earthquake spam. I also think we’ll be fighting her on a mountain field, so Rock Slide will be fun. And better Tailwind is more effective.

- Anna doesn’t benefit much from doubles (assuming she is fought on Starlight Arena).

- El will most likely make use of Pokémon like Delphox, Serperior and Sigilyph, as they all work best as single snipers, fit his style and agent MASSIVE buffs on Holy Field (Serp gets Judgement with a flame plate or some shit lol).

1 hour ago, TheRK9 said:

- El will most likely make use of Pokémon like Delphox, Serperior and Sigilyph, as they all work best as single snipers, fit his style and agent MASSIVE buffs on Holy Field (Serp gets Judgement with a flame plate or some shit lol).

While this defo could happen, i think, like rocket said, its more likely that El uses trick room in doubles just because the boost will be completely nutty. Like imagine his drampa, sptatc boosted, out-speeding and blasting away everything with boosted hyper voice + helping hand boost...Yikes

1 hour ago, Dark Eclipse said:

Florges is a plain fairy Pokemon...

A fairy flower pokemon, fighting on the flower field.  Honestly, I would be surprised if florges wasn’t used by Laura.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, thisgameishard said:

A fairy flower pokemon, fighting on the flower field.  Honestly, I would be surprised if florges wasn’t used by Laura.

Yes, but, Amethyst generally likes to keep trainers using their own types, instead of making the teams a mess.

• Upvote 2

On 11/15/2021 at 6:57 PM, thisgameishard said:

Woah, i forgot about the two other keys.  That would makes sense, as we already know Anna plays a huge role in this upcoming episode, it would make sense to give Noel a chance to shine too. However i think that Fern is gonna be the gold, as in the original timeline, as told by the lady in beryl,

Hide contents

we die on the train and fern becomes protag but ultimately dies. So i think it would make sense that he is actually still supposed to be the hero, but we have stripped him of that role. Leaving him with the gold key but not with the title of the "Reborn's Hero".

So Fern will get a happy ending . Bummer !!!

16 hours ago, Mr.Badass said:

Personally, I dont think he will get all three of them.

EDIT: now the multiposts are removed it is not funny anymore :( Will do a screenshot next time.

• Haha 3

On the topic of field effects:

I think we all agree that the fields in E19 are going to play a huge role in the players approach to teambuilding moreso than they did up to this point in the Reborn story.

I wonder especially with the Nightclubs battle tower style fights. If the fields and teams are somewhat random everytime you fight a new trainer, should you prepare your for a certain field especially (e.g. nobody would prepare directly for an electric field, but youcould argue that you have to prepare for an underwater field or new world field)

I personally think its obvious. I've posted this many times before, but here is more detail:

Solaris will destroy Team Meteor. He will kill Sirius, because of Taka's death. But, he will be killed by Lin, leaving his Garchomp for us. We will end up killing Lin, but Solaris will pretty much annihilate Team Meteor. It's obvious.

• Hmm 2
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Dark Eclipse said:

I personally think its obvious. I've posted this many times before, but here is more detail:

Solaris will destroy Team Meteor. He will kill Sirius, because of Taka's death. But, he will be killed by Lin, leaving his Garchomp for us. We will end up killing Lin, but Solaris will pretty much annihilate Team Meteor. It's obvious.

That's a possiblility but it would only work on the Reshiram route. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Green Bean 501 said:

That's a possiblility but it would only work on the Reshiram route. 

Yes, but I have a theory that Taka dies in both routes. See, he could have been meant to die all long, and it just will be delayed.

Edited by Dark Eclipse

1 hour ago, Dark Eclipse said:

I want this to happen now🥺🙌🏽

17 hours ago, Egzample said:

Personally, I dont think he will get all three of them.

EDIT: now the multiposts are removed it is not funny anymore :( Will do a screenshot next time.

Yeah , the fact I had the ability to multipost on this forum shows the lack of functionality . However is a separate error to fix in another time .

5 hours ago, Dark Eclipse said:

Yes, but I have a theory that Taka dies in both routes. 

I think the contrary is more likey, as insinuated by anna in the void where she says "the boy with the broken wing wasn't supposed to die... i can still fix this". Anna will most likely find some way, perhaps using nostra, to revive taka, keeping him alive in both routes. Personally i think Solaris is just too weak to dismantle meteor on his lonesome.  I think its more likely  that everyone will meet in labrodoraa, everyone being all of the characters, and together stomp out the majority of meteor, leaving only the admins and uppers which we will face individually and probably in succession.

2 minutes ago, thisgameishard said:

I think the contrary is more likey, as insinuated by anna in the void where she says "the boy with the broken wing wasn't supposed to die... i can still fix this". Anna will most likely find some way, perhaps using nostra, to revive taka, keeping him alive in both routes. Personally i think Solaris is just too weak to dismantle meteor on his lonesome.  I think its more likely  that everyone will meet in labrodoraa, everyone being all of the characters, and together stomp out the majority of meteor, leaving only the admins and uppers which we will face individually and probably in succession.

But what if she cant fix it? Lets face it: A character dying in only one route changes the story wayyyy to much. Therefore, I believe myself to be right

How might one go about entering Labradorra? I don't believe there is any hints in-game currently, except for us having to battle it at some point, but as seen with PULSE Clawitzer the PULSE can be disabled without actually destroying it. I suspect the disabling of the barrier would probably be an inside job. We have just dealt with Bennett and his defection from Team Meteor; someone who has access to the city but I query his courage/motivation to do such a thing. Taka(Zekrom)/Solaris(Reshiram) could also be a possibility, but there is the issue that both of them were seen with Sirius chasing after them in a menacing way, so they would probably struggle to deal with the PULSE and Sirius at the same time, and we don't know if Solaris would fully commit to backstabbing his 'own' team. Fern was supposed to be the hero of the prophecy, but there hasn't been any sign of him standing up to Team Meteor since he joined. If the Calcenon Control Centre connected to Labradorra uninterrupted, I'm sure Saphira would have found it when she went to investigate. The only other possibility I could think of would be Lin. It's been suggested that she wants the player to do all the work collecting the keys, and she is probably aware that all the keys are held by the Elite 4. I suspect that she might order the removal of the barrier so that the player can obtain the 18th gym badge and advance to the league(which from a hand-drawn map of the region, I believe victory road starts in Labradorra?). Team Meteor would likely fall after we reclaim Labradorra, and El might side with us as Solaris' loyalty is being questioned and El is loyal to Solaris, so getting the four keys would probably happen after we beat the elite four. Lin doesn't need Team Meteor if we are doing the work of collecting the keys, so the defeat of Team Meteor wouldn't matter to her, so she could just hide and strike as soon as we get the four keys and then run off to the Citae Arc d'Astrae Aerie. 

1 minute ago, Bananacake887 said:

How might one go about entering Labradorra? I don't believe there is any hints in-game currently, except for us having to battle it at some point, but as seen with PULSE Clawitzer the PULSE can be disabled without actually destroying it. I suspect the disabling of the barrier would probably be an inside job. We have just dealt with Bennett and his defection from Team Meteor; someone who has access to the city but I query his courage/motivation to do such a thing. Taka(Zekrom)/Solaris(Reshiram) could also be a possibility, but there is the issue that both of them were seen with Sirius chasing after them in a menacing way, so they would probably struggle to deal with the PULSE and Sirius at the same time, and we don't know if Solaris would fully commit to backstabbing his 'own' team. Fern was supposed to be the hero of the prophecy, but there hasn't been any sign of him standing up to Team Meteor since he joined. If the Calcenon Control Centre connected to Labradorra uninterrupted, I'm sure Saphira would have found it when she went to investigate. The only other possibility I could think of would be Lin. It's been suggested that she wants the player to do all the work collecting the keys, and she is probably aware that all the keys are held by the Elite 4. I suspect that she might order the removal of the barrier so that the player can obtain the 18th gym badge and advance to the league(which from a hand-drawn map of the region, I believe victory road starts in Labradorra?). Team Meteor would likely fall after we reclaim Labradorra, and El might side with us as Solaris' loyalty is being questioned and El is loyal to Solaris, so getting the four keys would probably happen after we beat the elite four. Lin doesn't need Team Meteor if we are doing the work of collecting the keys, so the defeat of Team Meteor wouldn't matter to her, so she could just hide and strike as soon as we get the four keys and then run off to the Citae Arc d'Astrae Aerie. 

It won't be that easy. There's probably going to be hours upon hours of game play before we can enter, and those will very hard hours.

7 minutes ago, Bananacake887 said:

This is a good point and i am interested so see what happens. All i can think of is LCCC as perhaps Saphira didn’t find an entrance as a result of her going berserk upon finding laura's hair. I think you have hit the nail on the head with El and elite four, so far it seems as though lin wants us to gain access to all the keys, so befriending  El, as we already are trusted  by the other members , makes sense. I personally think that the other keys, ivory and gold, are gonna play a huge role and is probably the reason as to why Lin does not care that we obtain the other four. Perhaps all six keys are required to truly from the new world and, assuming the last two keys are literal keys and not metaphorical, our final bout with lin in the "beta" new world could determine who gains access to said keys and thus the fate of the region.

3 hours ago, thisgameishard said:

our final bout with lin in the "beta" new world could determine who gains access to said keys and thus the fate of the region.

I'm 99% sure she'll be using the Arc Pulse when we fight her. Once we beat Lin we'll have to use the freed Arceus to either bring back the old world or continue to create the new one (maybe depending on what route you take)

• Veterans
3 hours ago, Bananacake887 said:

stairs

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thisgameishard said:

I personally think that the other keys, ivory and gold, are gonna play a huge role and is probably the reason as to why Lin does not care that we obtain the other four. Perhaps all six keys are required to truly from the new world and, assuming the last two keys are literal keys and not metaphorical, our final bout with lin in the "beta" new world could determine who gains access to said keys and thus the fate of the region.

I would agree with you there regarding the gold and ivory keys being significant in EP19, and with the new world. The two keys are only mentioned in one passage in the Subseven Sanctum (that I'm aware of anyways), and every other book/person only mentions the 4 crystal keys. Perhaps the gold and ivory keys are people, rather than physical objects. Anna refers to the player having a glow, and Bennett calls the player 'the golden child' in the Glass Workstation. If we are the golden key, it would explain why Lin hasn't killed us for our interfering despite her having several chances, and why she wants us to gather the crystal keys. It also somewhat links into the Jasper Ward prophecy and Ame's post with how there is a bad timeline where we don't exist, and how we arrive in the new timeline and save everything hence the golden child(although it kinda contradicts why Lin would need us if we are the saviour of the region). However, if this is true then I'm not too sure what the ivory key could be (maybe Fern for being the original hero? or something metaphorical?). Here is a post which theorizes on a lot of the missing pieces.

27 minutes ago, andracass said:

stairs

.__.

• Upvote 1