The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

9 minutes ago, Draconis said:

Same, my Metagross cut through him like butter

Metagross's Bullet Punch + Conkeldurr's Mach Punch + Azumarill's Aqua Jet go brrrr brrrrr

I think his field should have also blocked priority moves or raised his team's defenses. However, according to Ame's tumblr, all suggestions go into a trash bin, so ... 😔

• Veterans
43 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Metagross's Bullet Punch + Conkeldurr's Mach Punch + Azumarill's Aqua Jet go brrrr brrrrr

I think his field should have also blocked priority moves or raised his team's defenses. However, according to Ame's tumblr, all suggestions go into a trash bin, so ... 😔

61O1VVLELZL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

• Sad 1

I really wonder how the Corey and Aya storylines will go, given that Marcello's post says that Corey and Kiki are retconned out of being Gym Leaders. I don't think it'll affect Kiki's story much, but Corey has a Gym and his storyline is that he's a respected community figure. In the timeline where you reveal his collaboration with [redacted], his daughter and the community reacts with surprise. I suppose he could be respected for something else, but I feel that the scene of his [redacted] wouldn't have the same impact if you hadn't spent time with him because of the Gym Battle. I think it would be better if he was still canonically a gym leader, but you just don't battle him before his [redacted]. The most consistent way to adapt the story would be if you go through the Gym puzzle as you do now, and he just tells you to follow him to the bridge instead of battling you, rather than after battling you as it goes now. Solves the issue of not getting a badge for a gym battle that you duly won, without seriously changing Corey's or Aya's stories. If Corey is retconned out of being a Gym Leader at all in the story, then they would have to either rework our introduction to Aya somehow, with her story being that of a new Gym Leader that took over after [redacted]. Aya could be retconned to no longer be a new Gym Leader, which would have knock-on effects on her self-confidence after her first battles with Fern and the player (the devs would have to rework her story regarding this). Otherwise, if Aya is still a brand-new Gym Leader when she is introduced in the redone story, then the devs would have to explain who came before her if not Corey. Couldn't be Cain as he ran away before the beginning of the game.

Anyone care to respond to this? I would be honored to have Mr. Suggestion Box thrown at me!

53 minutes ago, Shadow Angel said:

I would be honored to have Mr. Suggestion Box thrown at me!

In Reborn land, Mr. Suggestion Box isn't thrown at you; YOU are thrown into Mr. Suggestion Box 🤣

53 minutes ago, Shadow Angel said:

Anyone care to respond to this?

I did respond to you in the dev blog post, but Imma paste it here.

I do hope that his gym battle is still gonna take place, because as far as I remember his battle is the only major one that takes place on the Corrosive / Corrosive Mist Field. My speculation is that his battle will be restyled into a Meteor boss battle at the gym, and the disgraceful uncovering will take place in the gym instead of next to the Pulse machine. The subsequent event can happen like in the original script.

1 hour ago, Shadow Angel said:

I really wonder how the Corey and Aya storylines will go, given that Marcello's post says that Corey and Kiki are retconned out of being Gym Leaders. I don't think it'll affect Kiki's story much, but Corey has a Gym and his storyline is that he's a respected community figure.

They could just have him resign from his position before the PC battles him. He could be a former gym leader just like Cal.

20 hours ago, Dark Eclipse said:

Then who is? Shes the closest we got at this point..

Like I said, she could be the champion battle, without technically being the official champion. I mean, Adrienn is basically running the Reborn League right now, and they don't consider Lin to be the champion.

27 minutes ago, Progfan_r said:

I mean, Adrienn is basically running the Reborn League right now

Your mentioning this makes me think of a postgame scenario in which Adrienn steps down from the Fairy-type gym leader position to run the League full time, and perhaps we'll get a glimpse of the reserve Fairy leader, whoever that might be.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Your mentioning this makes me think of a postgame scenario in which Adrienn steps down from the Fairy-type gym leader position to run the League full time, and perhaps we'll get a glimpse of the reserve Fairy leader, whoever that might be.

Oooooohhhh new characters!!!

1 hour ago, Dark Eclipse said:

Why do I feel like we'll never fight Saphira? What if she dies and Lin is the new dragon Leader? Or there's a reserve we fight????

In the latest dev blog post, Marcello said that Saphira's gym battle was the hardest "fair" fight of the game–fair meaning no illegal movesets (like pulses) or just straight rng bullshit. So yeah, no

1 minute ago, Gastronely said:

In the latest dev blog post, Marcello said that Saphira's gym battle was the hardest "fair" fight of the game–fair meaning no illegal movesets (like pulses) or just straight rng bullshit. So yeah, no

Ok then.

4 hours ago, Shadow Angel said:

I really wonder how the Corey and Aya storylines will go, given that Marcello's post says that Corey and Kiki are retconned out of being Gym Leaders. I don't think it'll affect Kiki's story much, but Corey has a Gym and his storyline is that he's a respected community figure. In the timeline where you reveal his collaboration with [redacted], his daughter and the community reacts with surprise. I suppose he could be respected for something else, but I feel that the scene of his [redacted] wouldn't have the same impact if you hadn't spent time with him because of the Gym Battle. I think it would be better if he was still canonically a gym leader, but you just don't battle him before his [redacted]. The most consistent way to adapt the story would be if you go through the Gym puzzle as you do now, and he just tells you to follow him to the bridge instead of battling you, rather than after battling you as it goes now. Solves the issue of not getting a badge for a gym battle that you duly won, without seriously changing Corey's or Aya's stories. If Corey is retconned out of being a Gym Leader at all in the story, then they would have to either rework our introduction to Aya somehow, with her story being that of a new Gym Leader that took over after [redacted]. Aya could be retconned to no longer be a new Gym Leader, which would have knock-on effects on her self-confidence after her first battles with Fern and the player (the devs would have to rework her story regarding this). Otherwise, if Aya is still a brand-new Gym Leader when she is introduced in the redone story, then the devs would have to explain who came before her if not Corey. Couldn't be Cain as he ran away before the beginning of the game.

Anyone care to respond to this? I would be honored to have Mr. Suggestion Box thrown at me!

Aya's plot starts being about her relationship with Cain and how she's his replacement. There isn't really a lot of time between Crain's beginning (right when we have ours) and Corey's arc, from which we've got Aya as gym leader. So it's not a stretch that she's still new after taking over her brother's gym. 

12 hours ago, kithas said:

Aya's plot starts being about her relationship with Cain and how she's his replacement. There isn't really a lot of time between Crain's beginning (right when we have ours) and Corey's arc, from which we've got Aya as gym leader. So it's not a stretch that she's still new after taking over her brother's gym. 

No, Cain was never the Gym Leader in the story. (he was in the original online league, but that didn’t get into the game story). He was Corey’s reserve before he ran away and passed the reserve title to his sister, which she resents. Also, you are only the second person to challenge Aya, after Fern. If Cain was the actual Gym Leader before running away, instead of a presumed future leader, that would affect the perception of the Wasteland. I suppose it wouldn’t be a huge difference, but it still feels rather wrong to me. I think that having Corey be canonically a gym leader, but having an unofficial, non-gym battle with him would be the best way to revise the plot, as @nguyengiangoc and someone on the Discord suggested.

2 hours ago, Shadow Angel said:

No, Cain was never the Gym Leader in the story. (he was in the original online league, but that didn’t get into the game story). He was Corey’s reserve before he ran away and passed the reserve title to his sister, which she resents. Also, you are only the second person to challenge Aya, after Fern. If Cain was the actual Gym Leader before running away, instead of a presumed future leader, that would affect the perception of the Wasteland. I suppose it wouldn’t be a huge difference, but it still feels rather wrong to me. I think that having Corey be canonically a gym leader, but having an unofficial, non-gym battle with him would be the best way to revise the plot, as @nguyengiangoc and someone on the Discord suggested.

You're right about wasteland's status. I could see Corey battling the player when ambushed by the cops, saying the same thing about going to the gym (so the police will follow him) and then skipping to the bridge scene

2 hours ago, Egzample said:

change the gym to a meteor hideout or his house and voila, no holes in the picture.

Yeah, but there's the issue of who is occupying the Poison Leader position without Corey. I think the best way would be that he's still the gym leader, just he doesn't battle us in his gym or officially. 

1 hour ago, kithas said:

there's the issue of who is occupying the Poison Leader position without Corey

According to the hand-drawn map of Reborn, the place at the Beryl Gym is designated an Abandon Gym. Therefore the story can go like: Heather flies away and rarely returns home, so Corey ignores his duties and converts it into a Meteor hideout instead. 

4 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

According to the hand-drawn map of Reborn, the place at the Beryl Gym is designated an Abandon Gym. Therefore the story can go like: Heather flies away and rarely returns home, so Corey ignores his duties and converts it into a Meteor hideout instead. 

Though you would think that Ame would do something about a Gym Leader outright ignoring their duties, but maybe not given that nobody checked the status of the battlefield in Dr. Connal's Orphanage regarding Noel and Charlotte.

8 hours ago, kithas said:

Yeah, but there's the issue of who is occupying the Poison Leader position without Corey. I think the best way would be that he's still the gym leader, just he doesn't battle us in his gym or officially. 

I buy the story that Cain used to be a primary poison leader, deserted and Aya took over. On a downside, the mom's speech and the whole situation with freshly installed gym equipment in the Aya's house make less sense now and should be altered and I really dont want to lose ''that thing was installed to help you beat my daughter'' part. But your version is also good enough.