The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

On 10/24/2021 at 8:17 AM, Draconis said:

My plan is to just annoy her until she gives up out of frustration

As satisfying as it sounds, I’m not sure that it is such a good idea. Remember:

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

11 hours ago, thisgameishard said:

Yes Lin is scary but. Has she faced a 31 IV 252 EV attack excadrill with 252 speed EV and the sand up? She will cry, badly, as her team is brutally torn to pieces and excadrill snips each head off her hydregon.

As of E18, the New World Field doesn't allow weather. I doubt they'll change that. It's also unlikely that we'll fight Lin on a field other than the New World Field.

11 hours ago, thisgameishard said:

Yes Lin is scary but. Has she faced a 31 IV 252 EV attack excadrill with 252 speed EV and the sand up? She will cry, badly, as her team is brutally torn to pieces and excadrill snips each head off her hydregon.

Lin will probably be battled on the New World field, which halves speed to each grounded Pokémon, so I think the best way to do it would be an Air Balloon Excadrill.

Edit : Yup I forgot it, no weather allowed on the New World Field so no sand anyway. Time to think of another master plan.

4 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Gravity will temporarily transform New World into a Starlight Arena.

And Starlight Arena is temporarily terminated by all weather except for wind.

wasting 2+ turns to temporarily shift field just does not seem worth it tbh, gotta adapt to dat new world i recon

1 hour ago, kithas said:

The possibility of mimicking her is always there. Like at this point we got enough mon variety to be able to tailor a team just for the New World Field effects lol 

Tbh, i think it's one of the most difficult to actually build a team around. Most of the moves that gain an increase in power are speciality moves of legendary mons which we have no access to, conversely, lin will most likely have multiple legends at her disposal before we fight her. SO like unless u wanna bring a team of dark, non-grounded, legendaries, its gonna be quite difficult for us to use it to our advantage. i think this field, although not the most broken, will prove to be the most difficult to utilise to our advantage.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

In Radical Red, some of the boss fights switch randomly between two teams. I think that feature can be incorporated into Reborn to increase the level of bs the devs can throw at us players.

Well we already have trainers with different teams (ie Amaria, Corey and Solaris) depending on certain conditions. 

1 hour ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

Well we already have trainers with different teams (ie Amaria, Corey and Solaris) depending on certain conditions. 

Indeed, but their teams stay fixed within the particular route that the player has chosen, and dont change when you face them in your next attempt. In Radical Red, the team that you're gonna get is a real toss-up.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

In Radical Red, some of the boss fights switch randomly between two teams. I think that feature can be incorporated into Reborn to increase the level of bs the devs can throw at us players.

this is definitely not something i'd do. you're right that it would be more difficult, but i also think it would just be obnoxious, we don't need that flavor of it.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the compliment, that being said all I can do is trying to guess as accurate as possible what we are about to face, like everyone else. I cannot guarantee by any means that the Trick Room would be helpful against her, I sincerely doubt that would be enough in any case. also maybe giving the Rockium-Z to any of your mons and trying to take benefit on it in the optiest way, Continental Crush being field boosted. Or Darkium-Z even better, totally forgot Black Hole Eclipse receiving a x4 boost lmao (x6 if you add the natural Dark boost on it, x9 if you have a STAB, ahahaha). Nature Power abuse (hi prank Whimsicott) as well, into a x2 Spatial Rend.

1 hour ago, RocketOSullivan said:

Thanks for the compliment, that being said all I can do is trying to guess as accurate as possible what we are about to face, like everyone else. I cannot guarantee by any means that the Trick Room would be helpful against her, I sincerely doubt that would be enough in any case. also maybe giving the Rockium-Z to any of your mons and trying to take benefit on it in the optiest way, Continental Crush being field boosted. Or Darkium-Z even better, totally forgot Black Hole Eclipse receiving a x4 boost lmao (x6 if you add the natural Dark boost on it, x9 if you have a STAB, ahahaha). Nature Power abuse (hi prank Whimsicott) as well, becoming x2 Spatial Rend.

New world seems like its made for Hydreigon, which is presumably Lin's ace. I decided to breed one of my own just to have but it ended up being good in the glass gauntlet so its a permanent member of my team