The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

Fern is a loser. Its literally his character. He fails at everything he ever tries in the game. His attitude is a cover for that fact, and one that he can't keep up convincingly. Hating Fern is more than feeling than he deserves. Its basically what he wants from you.

On 9/30/2021 at 9:40 AM, Dark Eclipse said:

Fern is horrible; Blake is better

Blake let an entire city starved and locked heather in a cage on top of Mt. Amerterine , one of the coldest area in the game. Dude , have people begging him for food but all he cares about is himself. Hell , Cal , try to be a better person after throwing Kiki’s Medicham into the volcano. Likewise,he’s the only person in the game that if he dies I wouldn’t shed a tear . 

Edit: Fern may be insecure but Blake takes being asshole to a whole new level.

• Upvote 5

Blake is cool af with a pretty cool looking and Ice/Water mons, my two favorite types, can’t blame him for anything, except the trouble he gave me in the Fiore Mansion. For that reason I still want to destroy him in an incoming battle.

For Fern let’s be honest, it’s always a bit insipid when you don’t have an asshole you want to crush each time you fight as a rival, it’s one of my main complains about the late pokemon games... Since G3 indeed. Unpopular opinion but Cain is the one who pisses me off the most.

16 hours ago, RocketOSullivan said:

Anyway I don’t think Fern will die, I believe he will be there in the postgame, for a fight with the anomaly stuff, just like Victoria in Apophyll, in his case that should be in the Onyx gym. So I sincerely believe he’s gonna be redeemed at the end.

He needs to died in order for Florina to serve as a gym leader for future generation .

6 hours ago, RocketOSullivan said:

Anyway I don’t think Fern will die, I believe he will be there in the postgame, for a fight with the anomaly stuff, just like Victoria in Apophyll, in his case that should be in the Onyx gym. So I sincerely believe he’s gonna be redeemed at the end.

Fern started off as a rival but always abhor and detest the player due to him being that damn good. Which in turn, force fern to actually train his Pokémon however due to the player being a better trainer than in him and knowing how to exploit all his Pokémon's weaknesses. He continue to lose almost every single battle to the main protagonist which as a result, force him to abandoned every single though of fame and glory to join team meteor due to his insecurities as a trainer and the lack of success of cultivating a strong brand of strength. Thus, lead me to my conclusion that fern may died in episode 19. Also, he's reference as  the beaded hope which in turn may lead to him or florina to died.

I want taka to just....come back. I will bawl my eyes out if he doesn't 😭

That said, I think Cain is gonna get real busy soon, if you know what I mean~

Tbh, I don't even hate fern that much, he's just pretty annoying. But, I hate Blake with a passion. He's literally so smug and annoying I'd like to smash his face in someday lmao. I know I will be the most happy when he dies.

ALSO, TWO TWISTINGLY TREACHEROUS QUESTS TO MASTER!!!!!!

• Like 2

Idk theres something about fern. Like obviously he's a cocky loser, but like at the early parts of the game thats all he was and thats fine. But like him betraying everyone by joining meteor is like MEGA DUCHE because he's seen first hand the messed up stuff they do (Mosswater, Beryl, Grand Stairway, ect). The worst aspect of him to me isnt his cockyness, its how he treats his sister during the entirety of the game. Like didn't he gave her the nickname, which I'm pretty sure she does not like, Flobot, and just like talks trash about Florina in general all the time. This is low but not unlike what we see in reboen as titania and hardy are not best of pals either. But like its the mansion raid to me that makes fern such a turd. He initially attempts to emotionally manipulate his own sister so that she can be captured and most likely killed by the meteors. Then, when that fails, he starts verbally abusing her, can't remember exactly what was said but IFRC i think  it rendered her completely silent and unable to battle. That shit is real low.

Basically Fern is just a weed that i reaally hope we get to pluck at some point in the coming episode.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, thisgameishard said:

Idk theres something about fern. Like obviously he's a cocky loser, but like at the early parts of the game thats all he was and thats fine. But like him betraying everyone by joining meteor is like MEGA DUCHE because he's seen first hand the messed up stuff they do (Mosswater, Beryl, Grand Stairway, ect). The worst aspect of him to me isnt his cockyness, its how he treats his sister during the entirety of the game. Like didn't he gave her the nickname, which I'm pretty sure she does not like, Flobot, and just like talks trash about Florina in general all the time. This is low but not unlike what we see in reboen as titania and hardy are not best of pals either. But like its the mansion raid to me that makes fern such a turd. He initially attempts to emotionally manipulate his own sister so that she can be captured and most likely killed by the meteors. Then, when that fails, he starts verbally abusing her, can't remember exactly what was said but IFRC i think  it rendered her completely silent and unable to battle. That shit is real low.

Basically Fern is just a weed that i reaally hope we get to pluck at some point in the coming episode.

Great analogy at the end .

For me the difference is that I do feel sorry for Fern, like one can see how all he does is because some twisted inferiority complex. He started the game like a school jerk and just went down from there. He probably joined Meteor because he already thought he was the bad guy. Like in the final act, when fighting for the Fate of the universe and the likes, Fern will probably be just a speck of dust to sweep before facing the actual challenges. And he knows it.

12 hours ago, Draconis said:

Ok, but we better get some closure between Cal and Victoria.

8 hours ago, Lorane said:

I want taka to just....come back. I will bawl my eyes out if he doesn't

This kinda thing confuses me tbh, as both Taka and Cal are both drastically worse people than Fern.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dark Eclipse said:

Explain?

Taka is a willing member of a terrorist organization that has killed at minimum hundreds, and probably well into the thousands of people. You know the people in Jasper and Beryl who died? Taka killed them. Oh he might have whined about it, or felt bad, but he did it. He activated the machine that killed them all. What's more, But its worse than that, since he knows what he's doing is wrong, and doesn't care enough to stop until he's forced to.

Cal meanwhile literally murders Kiki's Medicham in front of her. Oh, but he totes sabotaged the machine that was going to blow up the volcano. Despite there being no reason to think that he would know how to do that, or did it competently. He also couldn't be bothered to warn anyone in case something went wrong. He's definitely a better person than Taka is, or at least less guilty (and does have the decency to turn on Team Meteor of his own accord unlike a certain Chatot wielding person), but that doesn't absolve him of anything.

Fern though, like I said before. He's a loser. He hasn't accomplished anything in the entire game. Yeah he willingly joined Team Meteor, but lots of people have done that. The one "mission" he was put on after joining Meteor was a complete farce that ended with him and indeed the entire group humiliated by the player and the lowest ranked gym leaders. He hasn't managed to succeed at anything all game, and I don't see his track record changing whatsoever. He's a jerk, but so far he's also pretty much harmless due to his own incompetence and stupidity.

Fern's not even in the top five horrible people in the game, probably not even top ten. Like I said before, hating him is way, way more than he deserves. Ignore him, and it would both infuriate him far more, and be far closer to what he deserves.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lorane said:

I want taka to just....come back. I will bawl my eyes out if he doesn't 😭

That said, I think Cain is gonna get real busy soon, if you know what I mean~

Tbh, I don't even hate fern that much, he's just pretty annoying. But, I hate Blake with a passion. He's literally so smug and annoying I'd like to smash his face in someday lmao. I know I will be the most happy when he dies.

ALSO, TWO TWISTINGLY TREACHEROUS QUESTS TO MASTER!!!!!!

Isn’t Cain in a blackhole ?

2 hours ago, Draconis said:

That was Solaris -w-

No it wasn’t. Solaris ordered Cal to stop her from destroying the Pulse. Cal obeyed. His Magmortar caught Medicean, and threw it into the lava. Solaris might have given the order, but Cal carries it out.

Alright this is my take on it which I haven't seen a whole lot of people consider:

I doubt anyone would die if you make certain choices. I don't even think someone like Taka or Fern dies in either story primarily due to relationship points (which is a can of worms and might work differently in episode 19 as they don't have much of a use currently). I wonder if they plan on going through with some characters being killed off despite this mechanic as that nightclub might work outside of the game's universe and will only affect dialogue. For those who do know some characters paths end up in drastically different places depending on the route you take so perhaps we'll see more of that as this episode will be the climax of the entire thing. But I seriously doubt as things are now that anyone that has a check for points will be killed off. 

^This being said I would be pleasantly surprised to see your actions having profound consequences no matter which route you take and the dialogue choices you choose. I'm excited to see how this whole thing will play out as we're getting ever so closer to Beta Testing and eventual release.

As for Fern he isn't even Evil, just someone that always wants be on the right side of history which hasn't worked out for him at all. I'm more than willing to bet he'll come around when he realizes Meteor is vulnerable. The only atrocities he's committed is being an asshole and a backstabber.

• Upvote 2