The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

19 hours ago, Draconis said:

*monkey screeching*

image.png.03570895e771e07f62045e528aa4c364.png

This does make me wonder what the overlap is. We have nine Pokemon, but only six quests. I'd presume at least one trio, which reduce it down to seven quests. So possibly a trio and a pair. Or maybe the Tapus, which could be four Pokemon in one quest...Also might mean that one will take longer than the others.

So Saphira's Dragonite essentially:

- Has no Dragon-related weaknesses (Dragon, Ice, Fairy) because of Multiscale in the Den. That means its potential weaknesses are Flying-related, which are Rock, Ice, and Electric.

- Has neutral resistance to Electric because of its typing.
- Has neutral resistance to Ice because Ice moves' powers are halved in the Den.

- Has a built-in permanent damage reduction because Multiscale in the Den is effective regardless of HP (not sure about this)

- Can raise Attack and Speed in two stages in one turn because Dragon Dance's boosts are doubled in the Den.

- Has Extremespeed to bypass any speed difference

So we just throw Rock moves at it? Will the Den field be modified to make Rock moves carry additional Fire damage and thus remove Dragonite's last weakness? Oh what are we getting ourselves into...

Maybe I should just cheese it with a Perish Song.

7 hours ago, thisgameishard said:

I still think best bet is getting rid of dragons den, either through ice z move or something like misty terrain.

What if field change is redesigned to be no longer permanent? If I remember correctly, in Rejuv new fields will revert to the default one after a certain number of turns.

I would guess (and hope) that mold breaker bypasses the weakness-neutering effect of Multiscale too (since it bypasses Filter and Solid Rock), in which case something like Mega Ampharos or Druddigon under Trick Room, or Haxorus with speed support, would be a pretty good counter

10 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

What if the actual Dragon-badge-earning battle is the final round of the tournament instead of the final battle in the gym? It's like the Normal-badge-earning battle does not happen the 1st time the player and Noel face one another outside the Belrose house.

Woahh i think that would be a dope concept, it would add a whole different dimension to the difficulty of getting our last badge. 

10 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

What if the actual Dragon-badge-earning battle is the final round of the tournament instead of the final battle in the gym? It's like the Normal-badge-earning battle does not happen the 1st time the player and Noel face one another outside the Belrose house.

Ohhh, good point. Moreover, what if the tournament takes place in the gym itself?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/12/2021 at 6:54 PM, thisgameishard said:

it really seems like everyone has some pretty viable strats for Shaphira, but this tournament in Labradorra seems like its gonna be much harder, as I think it will be unlikely that we will be able to change teams between fights, making it one hell of a gauntlet. 

Wasn't that an April Fools Joke?