The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

2 hours ago, The Swordsman said:

No it is not, as not even Reborn, as up to this moment, expects you to be only using certain pokemon in every battle. In fact the completed dex up to 7 is listed as a feature of the game, so yes if it came to that point it would indeed be a flaw. Character select forcing in general is a flaw. Like it or not there is more to Reborn than a difficult game. if you want nothing but hyper competitive battles Pokemon Showdown and Smogon already has you covered for now and the optional Nightclub is coming in the next update.

Its what they, back when they were in everyone's good graces, originally upheld to the point of having a Elite 4 member professing it in Gen 2.

I don't think what reborn expects really factors into whether something is a self-imposed challenge. Something is a self-imposed challenge if it 1) introduces a restriction not required by the game, and 2) makes some of the content harder than it would be without that restriction. If one's faves are all ghost types, for example, then "playing only with one's faves" is a strictly (unless all ghost types are one's faves) more restrictive and challenging condition than a ghost monotype run.

Of course, flexibility in teambuilding is a very good feature, but I think more in the sense of "you can make a lot of different Pokemon and team compositions work" than in the sense of "literally any Pokemon you like can be made to shine in any battle" -- the latter just hinders the design of challenging opponents way too much.

There seems to be a miscommunication, I'm not arguing for the game to be made easier, as I feel Reborn as it is currently already has the proper balance. I'm arguing against the notion that the game isn't challenging and thus needs to be made even harder, as that is apparently the only thing that matters.

I mean, if there are REALLY people who want it to be even more difficult, there were talks about a new hard mode coming with EP19, although i heard that this optional hard mode difficulty may be cancelled, or maybe even got cancelled for good already. Maybe Ame or Cass can give us a clear statement on the current status?

• Veterans
7 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

I mean, if there are REALLY people who want it to be even more difficult, there were talks about a new hard mode coming with EP19, although i heard that this optional hard mode difficulty may be cancelled, or maybe even got cancelled for good already. Maybe Ame or Cass can give us a clear statement on the current status?

there's so much to do.................................................................

like, it's technically still something i'd like to do, but it's pretty far down the to-do list. i don't think there'll be time for it.

So it IS still a possibility then.

But as much as i'd like to see an official Reborn hard mode difficulty added to the game, i think it is way more important to get the features done that are supposed to be in EP19 for sure.

If there is still time (and motivation) left after completing that, you could still decide whether or not you want to add new features with separate updates in the future.

I mean, the release of EP19 doesn't mean that's it, for good, right?

• Veterans
On 4/13/2021 at 7:49 AM, ShogokiX said:

If there is still time (and motivation) left after completing that, you could still decide whether or not you want to add new features with separate updates in the future.

I mean, the release of EP19 doesn't mean that's it, for good, right?

so, legally, no, it's not the end for good

but i'm tired.

i would rate it as highly unlikely. 

• Administrators

small update about a postgame mechanic for you
...maybe calling it a mechanic is generous.

device?

structure?

excuse to be mean?

...well, whatever. just take it, okay? i won't take no for an answer this time. 

• Like 2

Suffering, huh?

I actually managed to finish a playthrough of EP18 by only using Pokémon that are weak to the teams of the next boss or gym leader i'm up against...

I just now realize that i never once told you what i named the poor trainer on that save ^^'

Yeah......since that run was nothing short of masochism, i named that trainer Masohara XD

5 hours ago, Draconis said:

Caves? What caves?

The one down where Sirius killed Eclipse. Sirius and Aster with Aya escaped by going down a passage that's blocked off. Then then more or less immediately confront you on the other side of the barrier.  Going in there seems the obvious way to eventually infiltrate the city.

Well, well.... That new post on the dev blog looks promising.

Okay, some of these things, like the mining overhaul, were already a confirmed thing, but still, all in all these changes would make for quite the interesting new possibilities. With all these changes i kinda want to do a fresh run once EP19 goes live, instead of using my existing end of EP18 saves.

And with lots of new mons to be obtainable a lot earlier in the game, not only does that open up tons of new strategies for each gym, i also need to update this wild encounter list that i created for myself a while ago......

Finally got around to catching up in the game after a few years more or less of not playing. Enjoyed everything up to where the game is currently at and quite excited for the future.

I appreciate all the effort and time put into this game, it's wild to think I started this game 7 or 8(?) years ago and some of my Pokemon on my main save are dated to that time. Also wild to consider how many hours I've put into this game over the years which probably amounts to somewhere around 500. Thanks for everything! Time sure flies.

• Like 1