The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

On 11/6/2020 at 9:33 PM, ShogokiX said:

Well, well.....i finally managed to beat EP18 while only using Pokémon with weakness against the gym's type.....

That one was......interesting XD

Sooooo.....what will i do next?

Maybe pokemon can only attack using their lower attacking stat. Not sure how hard or easy it might be but it could produce some interesting sets at least.

Good morning,

I feel it tingling in my boulder like forearms, and my red clown nose is itching. Will we be getting some spectacular new information about the state of the game?

The dev blog certainly stirs up the curiosity.

In my honest opinion, WE WILL GET IT SOON: episode 18.5!

Spoiler

18.5 if you don't know is exactly like 18.4... but in space!

What do you think, in which direction might the next news stream flow?

New music, spritearts or a new game mode trailer? Let me know,

Durp out.

• Like 1

Don’t worry, it’s been like that for a while and no one complained.^^

Remember? “The AI is so broken I’m surprised it ever functioned.”

I don’t know how it’s exactly like – but here’s an analogy which I hope isn’t too far off the mark. 

Imagine a 20,000-tile mosaic (so that any two tiles have the same shape) representing a blue sky (so that two tiles have similar colors). Or, maybe, one of the Reborn tile puzzles, except much, much bigger and without recognizable shapes or colors. 

You know approximately how it’s supposed to look like in the end, but not really exactly. If you work really hard to notice, you can spot the mistakes. And try to correct them... thus usually making other problems apparent. 

Coding is hard, and coding stuff right is even harder. 

And one more thing. I have played several Pokemon fan-made games in the previous years (like Insurgence, a great one). But none of them hooked me to its story anywhere near how Reborn did. A very compelling story, very relatable characters to grow fond of, ... oh, and I have Gossip Gardevoir's art as font screen now :)

Well.....if "The AI is so broken I'm surprised it ever functioned", maybe that is exactly why it works in the first place XD

So many issues stacked ontop of each other that it somehow makes a working AI ^^'

And yet i can see why one would want to clean up that AI, as EP19 is supposed to be the final relase (aside from 1 or 2 bug fixing patches maybe)

But hey, we've been waiting for EP19 patiently, so don't expect us to go anywhere if we have to wait a little longer. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Well.....if "The AI is so broken I'm surprised it ever functioned", maybe that is exactly why it works in the first place XD

So many issues stacked ontop of each other that it somehow makes a working AI ^^'

Yes, that's a bit what I had in mind with my "blue sky mosaic" metaphor. You can have something that looks like a blue sky despite having many misplaced tiles. 

And yet i can see why one would want to clean up that AI, as EP19 is supposed to be the final relase (aside from 1 or 2 bug fixing patches maybe)

Very true. I too understand that the devs wouldn't want to release a final version which isn't as clean as possible. 

But hey, we've been waiting for EP19 patiently, so don't expect us to go anywhere if we have to wait a little longer. 

I'm pretty sure most of us (I included) are with you on this. 

• Administrators

mosaic metaphor very good actually, i like that way of thinking about it. it's a nice thought.

and then if you want to switch a piece's position sometimes you notice that it doesn't quite fit anywhere else and so if you want to move one small little tile you actually have to rearrange 1000 others because idk fuck you i guess?

anyway hi we're back on our bullshit

• Like 5

It feels a bit strange to call progress when the figure goes down by a lot (but its goal isn't for it to reach zero), but such a large AI rework definitely is. 

I wonder if the latest update means that the mosaic now shows an ocean and a blue sky...

• Veterans
11 hours ago, Logan_the_balalaika said:

Hokay so there have been a few updates in the past few days.

Ame's BACK IN BIZNIS™

Length of the e19 AI code dropped from 24 113 to 24 080 to 24 060.

Field effect mod was somehow created in all of this.

And apparently e19 got deleted.

10/10 Can't wait for tomorrow.

technically i write the sidebar updates

Somehow EP19 being completely deleted was right on my bingo card of things happening on 2020, and not even the wildest one (?)

Anyways, it's cool to see development being advanced, be it fast or slow. Reborn is a great game and can't wait to see its final act! (actually I do. I will wait don't worry)

On 12/8/2020 at 7:40 PM, kithas said:

Somehow EP19 being completely deleted was right on my bingo card of things happening on 2020, and not even the wildest one (?)

Well it's 2020 after all, I'd be more surprised if it didn't happen for some reason. And we still have over half a month to go in this cursed year. I bet something spectacular is still going to happen in the next weeks, and not in the good kind 😅 hopefully it won't be the code literally catching fire.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, laggless01 said:

Well it's 2020 after all, I'd be more surprised if it didn't happen for some reason. And we still have over half a month to go in this cursed year. I bet something spectacular is still going to happen in the next weeks, and not in the good kind 😅 hopefully it won't be the code literally catching fire.

... You know you've just jinxed it, right? 😅

• Haha 2