The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

Well, considering how undeniable nice and comfy this year has been, i wouldn't even be surprised if things started to happen that are supposed to be impossible by any known laws of science.....

And with christmas and new year just around the corner, things are bound to escalate anyway, as we all know there are those people who will not tolerate to change how they celebrate these days, even given the worldwide circumstances we are now in....

So grab your popcorn, order a pizza and ready your zombie survival equipment, cause this party is getting crazy!

Sooooooo........yeah.....like i said.....at this point anything may happen......so i'm sitting here, waiting for my anime protagonist OP super powers to start appearing aaaaaaaany minute now......

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Sooooooo........yeah.....like i said.....at this point anything may happen......so i'm sitting here, waiting for my anime protagonist OP super powers to start appearing aaaaaaaany minute now......

Not quite what sars-covid-19 means, but hey, I'm not going to break your dreams here.

Grab popcorn with me...and surgical masks for thee. 🎵

4 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

We should just make a poll in another thread about guesses what kind of BS is still going to happen this year. A popularity contest, but it would be funny if anything of it would manifest itself. We could make bingo-cards out of the suggestions too. Everything for the entertainment, because I could really use it atm.

1 hour ago, The Swordsman said:

As for me, I'll just be grabbing popcorn. The world is going to Hell in a hand basket so far and it doesn't seem its going to let up even in the new year. Honestly I'm happy the latest version could be recovered, its like the one ray of light in a abyss of darkness.

The advantage of a dumpsterfire year is that it makes an ideal place to make popcorn over. Either that or a game crashing and burning like there's no tomorrow. Kinda have to make the best out of the absolute worst, no?

I'm at least glad change is occuring in the dev process. If one has little to speculate over the game itself, speculating about dev hijinks is an edutaining alternative. Whether that's the value of backups or rules of code optimisation-101 is both nice to know.

17 hours ago, laggless01 said:

Either that or a game crashing and burning like there's no tomorrow.

A game crashing and burning? Like Cyberpunk 2077? Big hype for the longest time, and now the players are not satisfied and demand refunds everywhere XD

It's always the same with those overhyped games.....People come to expect the new holy grail of gaming and it doesn't matter how good or bad the final game is, it's still not as good as the hyped masses WANTED it to be.....

1 hour ago, ShogokiX said:

A game crashing and burning? Like Cyberpunk 2077? Big hype for the longest time, and now the players are not satisfied and demand refunds everywhere XD

Aaaaaaand that's one off on the bingo card! 🥳 (It is apparently quite the buggy mess.) TB (may he rest in peace) would have faffed the gaming community off for preordering like that.

I'm on a roll this month. But now I have to make up something new...🤔 Idk, perhaps a massive blizzard cutting off electricity for millions? That has been long enough, hasn't  it?

5 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Well.....everything that was on my 2020 BS bingo card actually happened already, sooooo....do i win a prize?

I'm not sure whether i have the power to predict the future, or if my BS radar is just working a little too well.....either way, it's a scary ability XD

I'm still missing that *REDACTED BC POLITICS*, but tbh I'm very glad that one didn't happen. It would have made my life so much harder. I'm simply proposing a lightning-round card for the last two weeks of this wretched annum.

Foster that ability, it might help you if you go to the stock market or something. Or when you want to make videos or so. Idk

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at the old map linked to on the front page, the black and white one, and noticed that north of Beryl Cemetary there’s a spot marked abandoned gym. It looked like it was positioned at Beryl Cave with the entrance of Corey’s gym.

Was there any kind of special thing planned there that was dropped? Or was it just a detail dropped for pacing reasons?

1 hour ago, wcv said:

I was looking at the old map linked to on the front page, the black and white one, and noticed that north of Beryl Cemetary there’s a spot marked abandoned gym. It looked like it was positioned at Beryl Cave with the entrance of Corey’s gym.

Was there any kind of special thing planned there that was dropped? Or was it just a detail dropped for pacing reasons?

It's Corey's gym. Which can be considered abandoned, depending on the point of view (?) 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, kithas said:

It's Corey's gym. Which can be considered abandoned, depending on the point of view (?) 

Yeah, I figured it became Corey’s gym. Was just wondering if it was intended to be something else. The only other abandoned gym noted on the map is Labradorra’s (Saphira’s I presume), a city we know from Lumi (or Eve) was supposedly abandoned after Yureyu fell through.

• Administrators
On 12/30/2020 at 3:03 PM, Draconis said:

If it's not too much of a spoiler to ask...

Hide contents

How many matches would there be in the Labradorra tournament?

y'all still on for the april fools huh

On 1/9/2021 at 5:33 PM, wcv said:

nothing special-- the map is actually a little inaccurate in some regards like that because it was drawn before i ever intended to make a game out of it. when i was drawing it i still tried to include locations for each character even if they weren't actively in the league at the time, so there are a lot of vesitgal things like that hat don't reflect how the leaders ended up being distributed in game

anyway hi a dev blog post

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1