The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

46 minutes ago, laggless01 said:

If it only halves Budew, that wouldn't do for Ame. It has to erase its existence. Dexit it, perhaps.

If you just want to erase the Budew, that's what my Charizard and i have been doing for a while......but these things spread like crazy.....

Unfortunately we were not given permission to escalate any more on this matter than we already have......

Ame was VERY mad when we "accidently created" Tourmaline Desert and Byxbysion Wasteland while exterminating Budew in these regions.....

4 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

If you just want to erase the Budew, that's what my Charizard and i have been doing for a while......but these things spread like crazy.....

Unfortunately we were not given permission to escalate any more on this matter than we already have......

Ame was VERY mad when we "accidently created" Tourmaline Desert and Byxbysion Wasteland while exterminating Budew in these regions.....

Fighting weeds by burning the leaves does not remove the roots...it will only allow them to sprout uncontested after. That's probably why they still proliferated. And since Budew are poison-types, they resist toxins.

Maybe you should've used a Salazzle instead.

I see where you're getting at. However...

That logic would apply to normal plants. But we are talking about Pokémon that are capable of walking around above ground. Pretty impressive, even for a grass type, to wander around as far as you like, while still having your roots planted into the ground.

It's not that because they can walk above ground means that they can't hide underground too. Those devious things survived scorched earth-tactics, so it's arguable they can switch between the two to adapt to the situation. It also doesn't get Ingrain, so its roots wouldn't be particularly deep either.

On 8/25/2020 at 10:15 AM, ShogokiX said:

Ok, so i got bored and started a new game in Reborn. This time there is but ONE rule: Every gym must be challenged only with Pokémon on my team that have type disadvantage against the gym. Let's see how far i can get before TM21 kicks in XD

Aya's going to be such a pain for ya, if you'll get that far. RIP in advance

Nah, i'm having fun XD

I beat Julia with a Goldeen (technically weak against electric type) that has the Lightning Rod ability.

As for Florinia i went for my Goldeen and my starter, a Froakie, which by that point obviously was a Frogadier, as well as a Sudowoodo and an Onix.

Right now i am on my way through Japser and Beryl and already planing out what i'm about to do with Corey....

On 8/26/2020 at 2:52 PM, ShogokiX said:

Nah, i'm having fun XD

I beat Julia with a Goldeen (technically weak against electric type) that has the Lightning Rod ability.

As for Florinia i went for my Goldeen and my starter, a Froakie, which by that point obviously was a Frogadier, as well as a Sudowoodo and an Onix.

Right now i am on my way through Japser and Beryl and already planing out what i'm about to do with Corey....

...One could sometimes wonder if Reborn's existence is supported through facilitating self-punishing kinks 😅

11 hours ago, laggless01 said:

...One could sometimes wonder if Reborn's existence is supported through facilitating self-punishing kinks 😅

Hey, i'm bored^^

I played Reborn in almost every way possible. From just normal playthroughs to the worst kind of self imposed challenges you could put on yourself, including several kinds of nuzlocke variants....

Also, i beat Corey.... Who'd think that picking Granbull, Leavanny, Pansage and Carnivine could be this effective.....i also had Tangela and Swirlix with me, but they didn't get to be used XD

Next up is Shelly, and i'm really curious to find out how much destruction Pansage is going to bring to the stage there XD

16 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Hey, i'm bored^^

I played Reborn in almost every way possible. From just normal playthroughs to the worst kind of self imposed challenges you could put on yourself, including several kinds of nuzlocke variants....

Also, i beat Corey.... Who'd think that picking Granbull, Leavanny, Pansage and Carnivine could be this effective.....i also had Tangela and Swirlix with me, but they didn't get to be used XD

Next up is Shelly, and i'm really curious to find out how much destruction Pansage is going to bring to the stage there XD

...you should've recorded that, now I am curious too 🤣

9 hours ago, laggless01 said:

...you should've recorded that, now I am curious too 🤣

Why don't you try it for yourself? Just a fair warning though: You might want to stock up on healing and reviving items, and you want to train your Mons a lot. Think outside of the box! If you want to go through with this kind of challenge you will need tactics you normally wouldn't consider.....

Then again, how many people in their right minds would consider doing something like this in the first place.....Okay, i would, obviously.....

On 8/29/2020 at 12:35 PM, ShogokiX said:

Why don't you try it for yourself? Just a fair warning though: You might want to stock up on healing and reviving items, and you want to train your Mons a lot. Think outside of the box! If you want to go through with this kind of challenge you will need tactics you normally wouldn't consider.....

Then again, how many people in their right minds would consider doing something like this in the first place.....Okay, i would, obviously.....

Tbh, I have too much stuff to go through thanks to this goddamn pandemic, and I rather not feel frustration in games too rn... (Atm just the vastness in Stellaris will do. Space is just...so...pretty...)

But I do support you figuring out how to pull a W out of the worst setups possible. It might help others with their runs outside those circumstances.

You could call this run  "Stuntin' on 'em-Reborn style"

Well, i'm not gonna make a post for each leader i defeated.....right now i am preparing for Kiki, so yeah, i took down Shelly and Shade. It's getting more difficult, but i am pretty confident that i can make it through all of Ep18 before the release of Ep19 XD

I can feel you though....this pandemic is bad enough as it is.....We have a rather low infection rate where i live, and because of that we have people protesting against the safety measures for protection against this virus....

Yes, i am not trying to make a stupid joke here. We ACTUALLY have thousands of people here that are organizing protests against wearing a mask, and who are seriously claiming that the virus does not exist and the government just wants to enslave us all.....

I really need to stay home and play more games right now, before i start venting my anger on those idiots......

On 9/3/2020 at 1:56 PM, ShogokiX said:

Well, i'm not gonna make a post for each leader i defeated.....right now i am preparing for Kiki, so yeah, i took down Shelly and Shade. It's getting more difficult, but i am pretty confident that i can make it through all of Ep18 before the release of Ep19 XD

I can feel you though....this pandemic is bad enough as it is.....We have a rather low infection rate where i live, and because of that we have people protesting against the safety measures for protection against this virus....

Yes, i am not trying to make a stupid joke here. We ACTUALLY have thousands of people here that are organizing protests against wearing a mask, and who are seriously claiming that the virus does not exist and the government just wants to enslave us all.....

I really need to stay home and play more games right now, before i start venting my anger on those idiots......

Well, can they just **** off so we don't have to deal with this shit even longer? I'm already unraveling enough and I can't get a proper job or live on my own in this shitshow to remedy it.

Anyhoo, maybe you can upload+narrate the battle perhaps, with a team preview just to explain how these leaders will get dunked on ;) (unless it's pure luck, in which case it might not appeal as much)

Hmmm....as far as i am concerned i would say what i am currently pulling of with this challenge is both a lot of careful strategic planning, as well as a pretty big chunk of luck indeed. This whole thing depends on strategies that most people wouldn't consider under normal circumstances. And for some gym battles i really did need multiple tries. Not really sure i want to record all of that to delete dozens of fails afterwards XD

Ok, some tactics are pretty easy to pull off.....Like a Goldeen with the Lightning Rod ability (just like i used to beat Julia) DOES seem like a legit strategy in a "normal" Pokémon battle... Then again, if my opponent would switch in a Pokémon with type disadvantage on purpose in a real Pokémon battle i would assume that he's either VERY confident about outspeeding and knocking out my Mon first, or he wants me to attack his weakness to trigger an item or ability to destroy me afterwards.

The only other explanation would be that he doesn't have anything that is not somehow weak to my active Mons, which might be the case if he's down to his last 2 Mons or so....

I actually took her down with Misty Terrain and Grassy Terrain. Aromatisse and Tangrowth were really useful. Also you wouldn't have guessed what a heavy hitter Ludicolo has been. Zen Headbutt and Hydropump really killed half of her team XD

But hey, as a grass type it's weak against poison, so it was legit^^ Well, never underestimate Rain Dance plus Swift Swim.......

I also took down Serra....she got stoned like they did with criminals in the middle ages.....

Now i have a problem: WHAT am i doing with Noel? There are no types weak to normal type......guess i'll make that one a normal vs. normal fight XD

2 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

I actually took her down with Misty Terrain and Grassy Terrain. Aromatisse and Tangrowth were really useful. Also you wouldn't have guessed what a heavy hitter Ludicolo has been. Zen Headbutt and Hydropump really killed half of her team XD

But hey, as a grass type it's weak against poison, so it was legit^^ Well, never underestimate Rain Dance plus Swift Swim.......

I also took down Serra....she got stoned like they did with criminals in the middle ages.....

Now i have a problem: WHAT am i doing with Noel? There are no types weak to normal type......guess i'll make that one a normal vs. normal fight XD

Well, most of Noel's Pokemon have a secondary type, so maybe you could go based on that?

5 hours ago, Draconis said:

Well, most of Noel's Pokemon have a secondary type, so maybe you could go based on that?

That won't cut it, as the only rule that i have set for this playthrough is that during gym battles i may only use Pokémon with types that are weak to the gym's primary type, which in Noel's case would be normal type.

As there has to be a weakness to the gym's primary type, i also can't use dual typed Pokémon if the second type is either resisting or even immune to the gym's primary type.

If i were to go for second types, i would be limited to only using Pokémon that are weak to all second types Noel's team has to offer, which would be fighting, psychic, flying and fairy. They would need to be weak to all 4 of these types. Not many Pokémon fit that bill....Counting only Pokémon i could have up to that point.....Stufful and Bewear would be the only possible choices, if i am not misaken....

Which brings me back to the fact that there are no types weak to normal. So there are only 3 things i can do here:

1. End the run, as i am unable to have a Pokémon weak to normal.

2. Don't count Noel's gym and just bash him with my strongest Mons.

3. Make up a special rule just for this gym, which is the option i chose: Fight normal with normal!

15 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

That won't cut it, as the only rule that i have set for this playthrough is that during gym battles i may only use Pokémon with types that are weak to the gym's primary type, which in Noel's case would be normal type.

As there has to be a weakness to the gym's primary type, i also can't use dual typed Pokémon if the second type is either resisting or even immune to the gym's primary type.

If i were to go for second types, i would be limited to only using Pokémon that are weak to all second types Noel's team has to offer, which would be fighting, psychic, flying and fairy. They would need to be weak to all 4 of these types. Not many Pokémon fit that bill....Counting only Pokémon i could have up to that point.....Stufful and Bewear would be the only possible choices, if i am not misaken....

Which brings me back to the fact that there are no types weak to normal. So there are only 3 things i can do here:

3. Make up a special rule just for this gym, which is the option i chose: Fight normal with normal!

Well... I would say either do option 3 or maybe use Ghost? I mean I know he wouldn't be able to hit your team as well but I mean you can't hit his team with ghost type moves sooo...

1 hour ago, ShogokiX said:

What about using Ghost-types all holding Ring Targets? He can hit you, you can't hit him.