The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

On 10/1/2021 at 2:02 AM, Lorane said:

I want taka to just....come back. I will bawl my eyes out if he doesn't

If you choose the path of Ideals he never dies.

On 10/1/2021 at 12:15 PM, wcv said:

Taka is a willing member of a terrorist organization that has killed at minimum hundreds, and probably well into the thousands of people. You know the people in Jasper and Beryl who died? Taka killed them. Oh he might have whined about it, or felt bad, but he did it. He activated the machine that killed them all. What's more, But its worse than that, since he knows what he's doing is wrong, and doesn't care enough to stop until he's forced to.

Cal meanwhile literally murders Kiki's Medicham in front of her. Oh, but he totes sabotaged the machine that was going to blow up the volcano. Despite there being no reason to think that he would know how to do that, or did it competently. He also couldn't be bothered to warn anyone in case something went wrong. He's definitely a better person than Taka is, or at least less guilty (and does have the decency to turn on Team Meteor of his own accord unlike a certain Chatot wielding person), but that doesn't absolve him of anything.

For Taka you have to remember that said organization wasn't originally a group of terrorists it was twisted into that by Lin. Also Taka didn't just feel bad or whine about it, he acted as a mole where he actively helps the player many times. You forcing him to reveal himself isn't a change of heart, he was already working against them from the inside, its a betrayal of trust that gets him killed. Without Taka's interference more people would've been killed.

Just because you don't think he should know how to sabotage the machine doesn't have the knowledge and afterward he was repentant and helps against Blake.

Things aren't black and white.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, The Swordsman said:

Without Taka's interference more people would've been killed.

Without Taka and people like him those people would never have been in danger in the first place.

10 hours ago, wcv said:

Without Taka and people like him those people would never have been in danger in the first place.

Its an argument you could make for most enemy groups in any pokemon game, but in every case, those groups exist and at the moment of the players entry into the story, they're causing harm to the characters in universe. Taka is but a cog in a machine (being Lin's meteor) that he alone cannot stop, and as such has been doing his part as discreetly as he once was able to, sabotage a corrupted and change Meteor. Yes without Taka's involvement at all he wouldn't even be debated as being evil, but considering his circumstances and actions, he fights for what he truly believes in, which is what I believe Is a more noble goal than what Lin is currently utilizing the group for.

• Like 3

I would compare Taka with someone involved in some sort of cult: is the cult doing bad things? Yes. Is the person whose entire family is in the cult doing, by proxy, those bad things? Yes. But, to what point can you blame them if that cult is the only thing he knows? It's like individually blaming each grunt who wouldn't share the same degree of control that Sirius and Solaris had over Team Meteor's decisions. 

• Upvote 7

On 10/2/2021 at 1:30 PM, wcv said:

OK lets grant that wish. Without Taka's and his family someone would be able grab Arceus more easily for their own ends, (as their role used to be guardians, till Lin twisted the goal to be the complete opposite) Taka's interference wouldn't have happened so the player and other people would most likely be dead, Lin would still be around and still be able to form Team Meteor as we know them today some other way, as she doesn't really need the family, she just used them for their insight and connections, Sirius would rise to power earlier, the volcano would go off without a hitch and Blake would be successful in his schemes because no Cal, Eclipse wouldn't be there to stop PULSE Clawlitzer, Luna wouldn't exist and thus the void would be a permanent prison and Evelynn and Lumina wouldn't exist, which would be the only potential positive as there is a chance there would be no PULSE pokemon. (forcing Lin to rely on the megas or gigamaxing)

I think that covers everything

• Upvote 3

I cannot vouch for Cal, because the whole Apophyll fiasco was a choice that he made(albeit under manipulation) primarily due to his inferiority complex. As a result, he is shunned from the main player's society, and will never be able to redeem himself in the eyes of the person he truly did this for: Victoria.

As for Taka, I don't think I need to say anything more. The people above me have proven my point.

YALL 2 QUESTS OMG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lorane said:

I cannot vouch for Cal, because the whole Apophyll fiasco was a choice that he made(albeit under manipulation) primarily due to his inferiority complex. As a result, he is shunned from the main player's society, and will never be able to redeem himself in the eyes of the person he truly did this for: Victoria.

As for Taka, I don't think I need to say anything more. The people above me have proven my point.

YALL 2 QUESTS OMG

So true. I see Cal being a big part of E19, just because we have seen so little of him, and him consequently gaining the retribution he so badly desires from most of the main cast. BUT, no way with Victoria, don't see her ever forgiving him.

• Like 3

I wonder how (beta) testing will be organised for this episode (I might've missed where this is expained already, but it's been a loooong cycle). Will it be organised through the discord, the nightclub; will there be separate forums for bugreporting said test; given the mainline releases, how will the devs plan around this; and the such.

Not to apply more pressure, just genuine concern (and okay hype too). I guess we'll hear more about it somewhat soon.

---

Also, I found Fern to just be annoying when he tries to shittalk me, but actually aggravating when he put the abuse on others, starting from Corey (ngl that made me S.L.Jackson the bastard). Don't think I should waste more words on the invasive species.

• Like 1

What's the worst thing Fern has done vs the worst thing Blake, Taka, Cal have done.

Easy choice, Fern hasn't done much. Besides using his words, he hasn't done anything. He may be an asshole, but as an actual threat to people in reborn region? Pretty much harmless

On 10/6/2021 at 10:11 AM, SadMoney said:

What's the worst thing Fern has done vs the worst thing Blake, Taka, Cal have done.

Easy choice, Fern hasn't done much. Besides using his words, he hasn't done anything. He may be an asshole, but as an actual threat to people in reborn region? Pretty much harmless

Other than putting his sister in danger, fern is just a harmless plant that can’t pose a threat to anyone. He’ll be in a jail cell waiting for the player to rescue him . 

On 10/7/2021 at 1:53 PM, laggless01 said:

Well, anyway, given that I changed computer twice since the last episode, I'll likely start from scratch when the E19 (or its test period) comes. I can do some weedwhacking on the side there again.

Agreed, same here. That and the early game changes that've been teased in previous dev blog posts. Currently playing through Rejuv V13 from the beginning for the same reasons (also never finished Rejuv V10,V11,V12)