The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

1 hour ago, Dark Eclipse said:

I bet the pokemon League is in the Grand Hall or whatever its called. There might not be a victory road.

i'm not sure that's the case. this map that ame drew of the region shows victory road to be above labradorra, and presumably around charous mountain. i guess the plan for victory road could've changed since the creation of this map, but i kinda doubt it

Just now, nguyengiangoc said:

That probably means a new department store sticker quest is gonna be included somewhere, so that we can get to the Penthouse and buy Blizzard, Thunder, and Fire Blast.

You will probably also be able to buy items like the Choice Band and Choice Scarf at the Penthouse. Or maybe items like those will be prizes from the Battle Frontier equivalent of the game. 

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Draconis said:

Also, when Amethyst said all new TMs would be in pre-E18 places, I hope she didn't mean they'd replace the locations of other TMs.

most TM locations have been replaced. in general, there are new locations in early game and all the mid game tms have kinda just sliiiid down on top of each other. however, all tms have been reset for existing save files. this means you'll be picking up some duplicates, but if i've done my job right nothing should be missed due to the updates

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

most TM locations have been replaced. in general, there are new locations in early game and all the mid game tms have kinda just sliiiid down on top of each other. however, all tms have been reset for existing save files. this means you'll be picking up some duplicates, but if i've done my job right nothing should be missed due to the updates

Gotcha.

3) League Trainers only (That is: Gym Leaders, Elite 4 Members, & the Champion) fights Everybody but specifically on their preferred format (i.e. Julia fights everybody on Electric Terrain Single Battle, Shelly fights everybody on Forest Field Double Battle, you get the idea.)

And there's a mention of Lin in the end. So does that imply Lin is the Champion or at least Champion equivalent?

2 hours ago, Dark Eclipse said:

Technically, Lin is The champion, because she defeated Ame.

Not in my books. Technically, a league challenger has to beat the rest of the league before facing the champion. AFAWK, Lin hasn't done that. Secondly, instead of fighting the champion on the champion's terms, she fought the champion on her (Lin's) terms. For example, she didn't fight Ame on Ame's preferred field. Lin fought her on the field that gave herself the advantage [She also probably counter-teamed Ame with intel she got from Bennett].

Also, as hinted by Marcello in his dev blog post, Lin has an Illegal and/or Bullshit team. Not a fair fight at all.

She may be the champion fight, but like Adrienn said, I wouldn't consider her the champion.