The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

8 hours ago, thisgameishard said:

This actually makes a lot of sense and could defo be true! However, we have relationship points currently with Cain, Ciel and Samson, and two of these three people have just been sucked inside a black hole. So ur hypothesis gives me hope that Cain and Ciel will survive being in a place where gravitational force is so strong that it literally bends space and prevents even photons from escaping.

Cmon Cain u can do it!!!

Umm so are they gonna be trapped there forever, or can they be rescued?????

1 hour ago, Dark Eclipse said:

Which one, you didn't answer.

I meant rescuing them. I just don't think the game is going to end on a note with a bunch of casualties. Deaths may make the story more deep, but too many deaths and it comes off as edgy, which I highly doubt they plan on doing.

I must say that Ame and co have done a ridiculously exceptional job in providing us with enough info to roughly speculate on the final events while withholding enough info so that nobody actually knows exactly whats gonna happen. It makes for great discussion and adds fuel to the hype train!!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, thisgameishard said:

I must say that Ame and co have done a ridiculously exceptional job in providing us with enough info to roughly speculate on the final events while withholding enough info so that nobody actually knows exactly whats gonna happen. It makes for great discussion and adds fuel to the hype train!!

Very True!

9 minutes ago, Dark Eclipse said:

I think there will be one more death. You know the one: Lin. Or maybe in exchange for freeing the ones in the Void, she will be trapped there?

Yeah the Lin death is bound to happen as seen in Shade's gym, but as Shade said in the Water Treatment Plant, only two people who were in his gym actually die. Corey and Kiki are already past the point of return, which suggests that Lin doesn't die, but we see her getting decapitated which I would imagine would be quite difficult to survive . Therefore the theory that the Lin we see is some kind of projection and that the real Lin is elsewhere seems plausible, and the death we see isn't the 'real' Lin.

2 minutes ago, Bananacake887 said:

Yeah the Lin death is bound to happen as seen in Shade's gym, but as Shade said in the Water Treatment Plant, only two people who were in his gym actually die. Corey and Kiki are already past the point of return, which suggests that Lin doesn't die, but we see her getting decapitated which I would imagine would be quite difficult to survive . Therefore the theory that the Lin we see is some kind of projection and that the real Lin is elsewhere seems plausible, and the death we see isn't the 'real' Lin.

Yeah you might be right. Lin did say to Titania "Steel will not make me bleed". She could be hinting at that theory. Although, how could a projection hold pokemon? How a Projection command a Hydreigon to kill Ame?

1 minute ago, Bananacake887 said:

Me and @TheRK9 were actually attempting to decipher what lin is, and by reading Ame's post and a few others on the forum we came to the conclusion that the green hair, crazy strong invincible lady we see is not actually lin. That "thing" we see is most likely a manifestation of power idealised by the actual lin who is in the Citae (the voice you heard and the person Adriann saw climb the tower), who has used baby Arceus' power to create this manifestation. Obviously this is purely speculation and may be far from the truth but it makes sense as Anna could not see green hair lin, as she has no soul, and it would explain how even if she died, like she did in Shade's gym, it wouldn’t t be considered death as she was never alive.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, thisgameishard said:

Me and @TheRK9 were actually attempting to decipher what lin is, and by reading Ame's post and a few others on the forum we came to the conclusion that the green hair, crazy strong invincible lady we see is not actually lin. That "thing" we see is most likely a manifestation of power idealised by the actual lin who is in the Citae (the voice you heard and the person Adriann saw climb the tower), who has used baby Arceus' power to create this manifestation. Obviously this is purely speculation and may be far from the truth but it makes sense as Anna could not see green hair lin, as she has no soul, and it would explain how even if she died, like she did in Shade's gym, it wouldn’t t be considered death as she was never alive.

OMG that actually seems real!!!!

1 hour ago, thisgameishard said:

My theory is that Lin is, in some way, the baby Arceus itself (or as you say, a manifestation/proxy/interface) and all that is happening is either to get free from its encasing under the city, or it's just playing like a child would (and, ironically, we, the players). 

And I think Lin already "died", at least in one route, by Titania's hand in her gym? It didn't stick, though. 

8 minutes ago, kithas said:

My theory is that Lin is, in some way, the baby Arceus itself (or as you say, a manifestation/proxy/interface) and all that is happening is either to get free from its encasing under the city, or it's just playing like a child would (and, ironically, we, the players). 

And I think Lin already "died", at least in one route, by Titania's hand in her gym? It didn't stick, though. 

Yea so obviously no one knows for certain, but i think the common hypothesis is that we r exisiting in an alternate time line. In the original time line we die in the train crash, fern is hero but eventually fails to stop Lin and new world is formed. But at some point before new world is conceived Anna wishes on Jirachi to go back in time to stop this. (This much is supported by Miss Direction's prophecy and Ame’s post). However, while everyone else goes back in time, two people become trapped in between those two being the taciturn person wearing red, who is stated to exist by Miss Direction and Ame in her post, and Lin that being the child Lin that Laura describes she once new. How these people become trapped, we don’t  know, but what we do know is that as a result they gain access to unbelievable power (Which makes me believe that it may have something to do with Arceus ), as this person in red and black becomes Shade who can do all type of crazy stuff, and Lin is able to manifest her ego into an invincible 'robot'. This is supported by Lin's seemingly all-knowing nature, she knew that we were not in meteor, she knew exactly when we would arrive at Tit's castle, she knows all of these things because every new timeline, Anna wishes to be reborn but Lin and Shade are not leaving them to witness the same events repeat themselves. However Shade attempts to alter history and prevent new world by changing the present, this is done through saving us on the train. In this game in don’t  believe we r some chosen one, rather some random guy who was supposed to die on a train, but as an attempt to change a variable, Shade elected to save us hoping that in doing so we would be able to stop Lin.

Srry that was a bit rambley and long but i hope u get what im saying.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 11/17/2021 at 4:29 PM, Bananacake887 said:

How might one go about entering Labradorra? 

I've been exploring maps using a walk through walls mod and I think it might be through the room where Eclipse deactivates the Pulse Clawitzer 

This one

Apparently if you go to the upper left of the map you can see a ladder going up, tho you won't be able to exit at the top

Screenshot_2.png.6f88d64a980117b6242c8131f8275720.png

• Like 4

6 hours ago, thisgameishard said:

Yea so obviously no one knows for certain, but i think the common hypothesis is that we r exisiting in an alternate time line. In the original time line we die in the train crash, fern is hero but eventually fails to stop Lin and new world is formed. But at some point before new world is conceived Anna wishes on Jirachi to go back in time to stop this. (This much is supported by Miss Direction's prophecy and Ame’s post). However, while everyone else goes back in time, two people become trapped in between those two being the taciturn person wearing red, who is stated to exist by Miss Direction and Ame in her post, and Lin that being the child Lin that Laura describes she once new. How these people become trapped, we don’t  know, but what we do know is that as a result they gain access to unbelievable power (Which makes me believe that it may have something to do with Arceus ), as this person in red and black becomes Shade who can do all type of crazy stuff, and Lin is able to manifest her ego into an invincible 'robot'. This is supported by Lin's seemingly all-knowing nature, she knew that we were not in meteor, she knew exactly when we would arrive at Tit's castle, she knows all of these things because every new timeline, Anna wishes to be reborn but Lin and Shade are not leaving them to witness the same events repeat themselves. However Shade attempts to alter history and prevent new world by changing the present, this is done through saving us on the train. In this game in don’t  believe we r some chosen one, rather some random guy who was supposed to die on a train, but as an attempt to change a variable, Shade elected to save us hoping that in doing so we would be able to stop Lin.

Srry that was a bit rambley and long but i hope u get what im saying.

this makes sense. it would explain how shade new people would die. You know, in the gym?

Edited by Dark Eclipse

I'd like to point out that Corey's death was shown in the gym, which was a callback, not foreshadowing. Now, remember what Shade said: "For forsooth, *from foreshadowed,* only 2 will be taken." I believe this means there is still a chance Lin will die somehow. Not saying it's fact, but I feel it is a very plausible theory, especially given how Shade is.

Just a thought.

• Hmm 1

On 11/18/2021 at 3:30 PM, RocketOSullivan said:

Oranguru@Magical Seed

-Instruct

-Nature Power

-Psyshock

-Trick Room

Drampa@X Plate

-Dragon Pulse

-Hyper Voice

-Roost/Razor Wind

-Nature Power

Porygon2@Eviolite

-Tri Attack

-Trick Room

-Recover

-Toxic

Audino@Audinite

-Trick Room

-Hyper Voice

-Dazzling Gleam

-Helping Hand/Heal Pulse

Whatever the last two remaining are, with those mons and movesets you can already say that the Trick Room fight in doubles on the Holy Field suits El like a glove.

Idk. It doesn’t really fit his style. And I also really doubt the E4 will be normal type. I agree on the Drampa and Audino, Oranguru is fine I guess but Porygon is just a bad fit. It’s a man made computer, doesn’t really fit the religious extremist all that much. Something like this would fit him better, (and be more difficult):

Drampa @ magicalseed  
Ability: Berserk  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Nature Power  
- Focus Blast  
- Glare  
- Roost  

Sigilyph @ magicalseed  
Ability: Magic Guard  
Shiny: Yes  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Stored Power  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Cosmic Power  
- Roost  

Delphox @ magicalseed  
Ability: Blaze  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Mystical Fire  
- Psychic  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Calm Mind  

Serperior @ Flame Plate  
Ability: Contrary  
Timid Nature  
- Leaf Storm  
- Nature Power  
- Dragon Pulse  
- Glare  

Audino-Mega @ Audinite  
Ability: Healer  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD  
Bold Nature  
- Hyper Voice  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Wish  
- Protect  

Arceus @ Lum Berry  
Ability: Multitype  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA  
Mild Nature  
- Judgment  
- Earth Power  
- Extreme Speed  
- Recover  

Arceus is only there in case that’s the way the story swings, otherwise it could be like a Ditto or something.

On 11/18/2021 at 3:31 PM, Dark Eclipse said:

I'm still betting that Laura will come out with an Abomasnow, maybe will be her mega.

Her entire theme is flowers, if she has a mega it’s definetely a Venusaur. However, I don’t think she will even have one because there aren’t any megas with Chlorophyll/Overgrow/Swarm/etc.

4 hours ago, TheRK9 said:

Idk. It doesn’t really fit his style. And I also really doubt the E4 will be normal type. I agree on the Drampa and Audino, Oranguru is fine I guess but Porygon is just a bad fit. It’s a man made computer, doesn’t really fit the religious extremist all that much. Something like this would fit him better, (and be more difficult):

Drampa @ magicalseed  
Ability: Berserk  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA  
Modest Nature  
- Nature Power  
- Focus Blast  
- Glare  
- Roost  

Sigilyph @ magicalseed  
Ability: Magic Guard  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Stored Power  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Cosmic Power  
- Roost  

Delphox @ magicalseed  
Ability: Blaze  
Timid Nature  
- Mystical Fire  
- Psychic  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Calm Mind  

Serperior @ Flame Plate  
Ability: Contrary  
Timid Nature  
- Leaf Storm  
- Nature Power  
- Dragon Pulse  
- Glare  

Audino-Mega @ Audinite  
Ability: Healer  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD  
Bold Nature  
- Hyper Voice  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Wish  
- Protect  

Arceus @ Lum Berry  
Ability: Multitype  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA  
Mild Nature  
- Judgment  
- Earth Power  
- Extreme Speed  
- Recover  

Arceus is only there in case that’s the way the story swings, otherwise it could be like a Ditto or something.

Assuming El is a full Normal user (which is not sure but very likely, and which I personally hope), Porygon2 doesn't fit his personality that much but fits his playstyle pretty well. Normal type + Trick Room (+ an additional field boost for Tri Attack) means obviously Porygon2, and illustrating the fact that P2 is actually a better mon than its own evolution PZ by giving PZ to the Normal Gym Leader and P2 to the Normal Elite 4 is an idea for which I would definitely subscribe.

For Drampa if you want some Fighting coverage I think a set with Fist Plate and both Hyper Voice and Nature Power would be more reliable than a Focus Miss set. Plus Dragon Pulse has a STAB + field boost.

1 hour ago, RocketOSullivan said:

Assuming El is a full Normal user (which is not sure but very likely, and which I personally hope), Porygon2 doesn't fit his personality that much but fits his playstyle pretty well. Normal type + Trick Room (+ an additional field boost for Tri Attack) means obviously Porygon2, and illustrating the fact that P2 is actually a better mon than its own evolution PZ by giving PZ to the Normal Gym Leader and P2 to the Normal Elite 4 is an idea for which I would definitely subscribe.

For Drampa if you want some Fighting coverage I think a set with Fist Plate and both Hyper Voice and Nature Power would be more reliable than a Focus Miss set. Plus Dragon Pulse has a STAB + field boost.

I don't see a reason for the E4 to be monotyped. They aren't like the gym leaders where there is 1 of each, they are just strong trainers. They aren't really specified to be of a certain type, and it's too restricting this far into the game (especially for trainers like Laura and Anna who use pretty bad types to begin with). They could have a primary type, and have maybe 3 pokémon of that type, similar to the rivals or Cal, and have the rest of the team fit the aestetic while covering for weaknesses and abusing the field. A Porygon fits Noel so much better than it fits El, since Noel is more analytical. Also, I don't really see a way to make a normal type trick room team that isn't just weaker than Radomus. And Porygon2 can't hold both Amplified Rock and Eviolite, which severely limits it's support abilities.

Also, I think giving Drampa the STAB Judgement is just stronger, since a Fist Plate would sacrifice the 1.5x field boost for normal type moves. STAB Judgement with 1.5x for Judgement, 1.5x for Normal type boost and STAB hits an effective 405 base power. Even if resisted, that is 204 base power. The only coverage that is really necessary is for things that 4x resist it, and the only things that do so are Aggron/Bastiodon etc., hence Focus Blast. Also, Fist Plate is a bad idea since you have to forfeit the magical seed, which gives a free +1 Choice Specs boost and Magic Coat.
Dragon Pulse is also fairly redundant since not a SINGLE Pokémon resists Normal+Fighting. And it doesn't hit a single Pokémon harder besides some rock types, for which we already have Focus Blast.