The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

3 hours ago, TheRK9 said:

Also, I think giving Drampa the STAB Judgement is just stronger, since a Fist Plate would sacrifice the 1.5x field boost for normal type moves. STAB Judgement with 1.5x for Judgement, 1.5x for Normal type boost and STAB hits an effective 405 base power. Even if resisted, that is 204 base power. The only coverage that is really necessary is for things that 4x resist it, and the only things that do so are Aggron/Bastiodon etc., hence Focus Blast. Also, Fist Plate is a bad idea since you have to forfeit the magical seed, which gives a free +1 Choice Specs boost and Magic Coat.
Dragon Pulse is also fairly redundant since not a SINGLE Pokémon resists Normal+Fighting. And it doesn't hit a single Pokémon harder besides some rock types, for which we already have Focus Blast.

imo a flame plate would be more effective than a fist plate since hyper voice would already hit dark types super effectively and energy ball could be used to deal with rock types.

I also imagine that El would have a physical attacker like Snorlax, Bewear, or Bouffalant so he doesn't get completely walled by a physical tank

52 minutes ago, Green Bean 501 said:

imo a flame plate would be more effective than a fist plate since hyper voice would already hit dark types super effectively and energy ball could be used to deal with rock types.

I also imagine that El would have a physical attacker like Snorlax, Bewear, or Bouffalant so he doesn't get completely walled by a physical tank

He still shouldn’t have any plate whatsoever. Magical Seed gives him a free +1 Special Attack, and Normal type Judgement is 2.8125x stronger than any other Judgement Drampa could use. It doesn’t need to run any moves other than Nature Power and Focus Blast. There is not a single Pokémon in the game that resists both of those moves. There is no context in which an Energy Ball does more than a Judgement. 

Also, I don’t understand why people assume that the E4 will be mono typed. Are you really not expecting El to abuse Delphox on this field? Or Sigilyph?

And quite frankly, no physical attackers really fit El’s aesthetic, nor do they benefit from the terrain.

2 hours ago, TheRK9 said:

He still shouldn’t have any plate whatsoever. Magical Seed gives him a free +1 Special Attack, and Normal type Judgement is 2.8125x stronger than any other Judgement Drampa could use. It doesn’t need to run any moves other than Nature Power and Focus Blast. There is not a single Pokémon in the game that resists both of those moves. There is no context in which an Energy Ball does more than a Judgement. 

Also, I don’t understand why people assume that the E4 will be mono typed. Are you really not expecting El to abuse Delphox on this field? Or Sigilyph?

And quite frankly, no physical attackers really fit El’s aesthetic, nor do they benefit from the terrain.

Eviolite Type Null could also work for physical ig. I'm not really expecting the E4 to stick to one type, but rather a strategy or theme. El fits as trick room, and i can see Laura as a potential sun user. Not quite sure what heather or anna could be, but i'm fairly certain they''ll use mountain and starlight arena respectively

16 hours ago, Green Bean 501 said:

Eviolite Type Null could also work for physical ig. I'm not really expecting the E4 to stick to one type, but rather a strategy or theme. El fits as trick room, and i can see Laura as a potential sun user. Not quite sure what heather or anna could be, but i'm fairly certain they''ll use mountain and starlight arena respectively

Type Null has the same issue as Porygon: Man made Pokémon don’t fit El. Holy Field specifically makes RKS System Dark Type to indicate that technology is evil. 

Laura will most likely use Rain, not Sun, since it would be to easy to ignite her field otherwise.

Heather and Anna will just be offensive spam that abuses their fields. 

11 minutes ago, TheRK9 said:

Laura will most likely use Rain, not Sun, since it would be to easy to ignite her field otherwise.

I kinda figured she would use sun since we know she has a Lilligant, which can have Chlorophyl. It also activates Cherrim's flower gift and doubles the effect of growth

13 minutes ago, Green Bean 501 said:

I kinda figured she would use sun since we know she has a Lilligant, which can have Chlorophyl. It also activates Cherrim's flower gift and doubles the effect of growth

Flower gift is automatically activated on flower garden field, as is doubled growth (unclear whether doubled growth from field stacks with weather); chlorophyll and leaf guard are both activated in later stages.  Given that, setting sun seems somewhat redundant.

1 hour ago, Green Bean 501 said:

Growth is already boosted on her field, Chlorophyll is already activated and Cherrim is probably too weak for an E4 member. Sun also boosts Fire types even further and enables you to set the field on fire. Rain prevents this, nerfs fire types in general and allows Venusaur and Roserade to fire off Water type Weather Balls.

3 minutes ago, thisgameishard said:

I think its v likely that Anna uses a victini as well as a milotic due to their ability’s receiving a boost in starlight. Btw rip to any of your mons that get hit with that doom desire, holy moley thats ridiculous! 

I think she will have a Victini as well, Victory Star is just too broken. I tried looking into Milotic but it just ended up too passive to properly fit her playstyle, even with Marvel Scale. 

The Doom Desire is definetely very good, but it is pretty nerfed by the fact that it's part Fire now, since Fire and Water types can take it fairly decently still, especially ones with Flash Fire.

1 hour ago, TheRK9 said:

Growth is already boosted on her field, Chlorophyll is already activated and Cherrim is probably too weak for an E4 member. Sun also boosts Fire types even further and enables you to set the field on fire. Rain prevents this, nerfs fire types in general and allows Venusaur and Roserade to fire off Water type Weather Balls.

Cherrim's not strong on its own, but it's a pretty effective doubles support pokemon- with flower gift and helping hand, it can enable its partner to do quite a bit of damage.  The AI tournament post also mentioned that probably-Laura had a very low win rate when not on flower garden field, so I suspect her team will have a lot of pokemon that seem underpowered in normal play.

1 minute ago, R.B said:

Cherrim's not strong on its own, but it's a pretty effective doubles support pokemon- with flower gift and helping hand, it can enable its partner to do quite a bit of damage.  The AI tournament post also mentioned that probably-Laura had a very low win rate when not on flower garden field, so I suspect her team will have a lot of pokemon that seem underpowered in normal play.

Yea, also ik this has been mentioned but its v likely that Lura Bennant will be a fight together where we go 12v6 as Bennett gets massive support from this terrain and Lura is just better in doubles, as her supporting role is g8.

10 minutes ago, R.B said:

Cherrim is definitely good on her field, but it just doesn’t do anything that Lilligant, Venusaur and Roserade doesn’t do better. I wouldn’t be surprised if she had one, she would just be better off if she had other Pokémon.

6 hours ago, thisgameishard said:

I think its v likely that Anna uses a victini as well as a milotic due to their ability’s receiving a boost in starlight. Btw rip to any of your mons that get hit with that doom desire, holy moley thats ridiculous! 

New world field gets the same boosts to victory star so I'm willing to bet Victini will be reserved for Lin.

5 hours ago, RocketOSullivan said:

As a Water type rather than Milotic I am pretty sure Anna will use a Starmie.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Starmie since it gets a free Special Attack boost from illuminate and boosted coverage moves like dazzling gleam and aurora beam. Metagross also seems like a good choice for her mega since meteor mash and zen headbutt both get increased power from the field on top of the boost from tough claws