The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

23 minutes ago, thisgameishard said:

I wonder if the Elite 4 will be fought in succession like in ruby and sapphire, or we will have the option to take on whoever we chose like in gen 5?

Could be either, but it would be interesting if we fight them in the order that Solaris introduced the keys in, being Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald and Amethyst (so Heather, Laura, El, Anna). This also seems to somewhat fit-in with what we have seen of each of the four. Heather seems to be the weakest, given that she's been captured by someone for most of the players encounters with her, due to her recklessness and innocence.

Laura seems to be a bit stronger, but still loses to Sigmund/gets captured by Team Meteor in 2 of the 4 Belrose Mansion scenarios. She also gets captured by Team Meteor at the Glass Workstation, and seems to have a passive personality which could act against her.

El seems pretty bog-standard, being a Meteor admin? and only losing once in our encounters with him (Ditto-Arceus + getting hypnotised by Gardevoir).

Anna seems to be a lot more powerful then she seems, being the cause of the timeline reset that has been speculated about. She seems to allow herself to be captured to allow events to act out in a particular way, to prevent the new world from happening. She also seems to have the most to do with the player, so would be a fitting final elite four member. 

Or the elite four could be the same as it has been from gen 5+ and that you pick the order in which you face them it, seeing that the game is based in gen 7.

I'd think the moment beta testing starts is the moment things could get difficult preventing things to spill. Not just spoilers, but hype about the game being finished.

If things go as with other particular fangames, the N-word might demand any further development to be ceased, which would make fixing/adding things later tricky if not impossible. So it'll be on whoever of us will be testing to keep quiet for as long as possible in the process. It would hurt more seeing the game permanently crippled because the hype got the better of us, rather than waiting a bit longer.

Or I'm just being overly grim.

31 minutes ago, laggless01 said:

I'd think the moment beta testing starts is the moment things could get difficult preventing things to spill. Not just spoilers, but hype about the game being finished.

If things go as with other particular fangames, the N-word might demand any further development to be ceased, which would make fixing/adding things later tricky if not impossible. So it'll be on whoever of us will be testing to keep quiet for as long as possible in the process. It would hurt more seeing the game permanently crippled because the hype got the better of us, rather than waiting a bit longer.

Or I'm just being overly grim.

No i dont think you are being grim at all, in fact i think what you said is totally true. From what you said think it would be smart for Ame and the devs to maybe only pick a select few, long time, trusted members to be a part of the testing team, to ensure that things dont spill. Although it would suck that most of us dont get to be a part of the testing, we would still be able to enjoy ep19 in all its glory and increase our chances of not getting hit with the N bomb.

13 hours ago, Bananacake887 said:

Laura seems to be a bit stronger, but still loses to Sigmund/gets captured by Team Meteor in 2 of the 4 Belrose Mansion scenarios.

If I remember correctly about the Belrose Mansion, I would say she could beat him, if it weren't for him ordering his Electrivire directly attacking her first than her own Pokemon... Given what she went through in the orphanage, before she left.

2 minutes ago, Evi Crystal said:

If I remember correctly about the Belrose Mansion, I would say she could beat him, if it weren't for him ordering his Electrivire directly attacking her first than her own Pokemon... Given what she went through in the orphanage, before she left.

I personally think Laura is going to be the easiest elite 4 fight, because she is so traumatized.

2 hours ago, Dark Eclipse said:

I personally think Laura is going to be the easiest elite 4 fight, because she is so traumatized.

Like d00d

Have you read Marcello's post?

She gets a (I think) 25 percent win rate increase, and if I recall correctly has the highest winrate of the E4.

Besides, have you read the description of FG field and how utterly bonkers it is.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, bobirobi20 said:

Like d00d

She gets a (I think) 25 percent win rate increase, and if I recall correctly has the highest winrate of the E4.

Besides, have you read the description of FG field and how utterly bonkers it is.

I bet most of the NPCs dont have a fire or poison z crystal to completely throw off her strategy

2 hours ago, Green Bean 501 said:

I bet most of the NPCs dont have a fire or poison z crystal to completely throw off her strategy

Uhh fire will not work as rain will probably be up, and poison will only bring it down to stage one. Yea, good luck tryna get rid of that field

21 minutes ago, thisgameishard said:

Uhh fire will not work as rain will probably be up, and poison will only bring it down to stage one. Yea, good luck tryna get rid of that field

Yeah, you're right about that

3 hours ago, bobirobi20 said:

Like d00d

Yes I have read the description, and yes, I it is bonkers, but I was meaning for my team, not for everyone.

I think either Laura/Bennant or El, if he is fought under trick room, will be the hardest fights, not to say that any will be easy, but those two seem like the most difficult. Also i feel as so some of us are forgetting, this is the elite four, we dont get to bring teams that perfectly counter our opponents, we bring six of our best and strategise. So if u try to bring a team that perfectly counters one member, most likely you will get smashed by another. That factor is whats gonna set these guys apart in terms of difficulty, unlike all the gym leaders, no perfect counters.

3 hours ago, bobirobi20 said:

Her win rate goes from 73% to 97%, so that's about a 33%  increase.

36 minutes ago, Dark Eclipse said:

Eh, my walrein, noivern, incineroar, and charizard will destroy her little flowers

Liligant, at stage 4 and up, will probably send that walrein to the shadow realm in one turn, florges would like to introduce itself to that noivern and the rain plus defence for grass types is gonna make your char and incineror kinda useless.

Those little flowers are gonna have thorns so sharp there’s no way u can pick em.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, thisgameishard said:

Liligant, at stage 4 and up, will probably send that walrein to the shadow realm in one turn, florges would like to introduce itself to that noivern and the rain plus defence for grass types is gonna make your char and incineror kinda useless.

Those little flowers are gonna have thorns so sharp there’s no way u can pick em.

My gyarados would like to say hi to liligant

Rhyperior would like to say bye to florges