The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

4 hours ago, wcv said:

Titania has done nothing wrong during the events of the game.

Yeah, well, except for killing a bunch of people. Though I still like her, one of the very few strong characters on our side. Entangled in toxic relationship with Amaria.

8 hours ago, RocketOSullivan said:

I think it's Titania's fault if Fern is the asshole we all know. She traumatized Florinia somehow (we should learn more about it in E19), and as a result we have Flobot, with a complete lack of affection towards her brother. Remember one of the first scenes when Fern was not full evil yet? "Permission for you to be life-endangeringly reckless: Granted." These are some brutal words, even more when they come from your own sister.

I hate Titania, really.

Honestly, I'm hoping the reason is good. Wonder what it could be, cause it has to have been something kinda severe.

1 hour ago, Egzample said:

Yeah, well, except for killing a bunch of people. Though I still like her, one of the very few strong characters on our side. Entangled in toxic relationship with Amaria.

A bunch of mass murderers currently engaged in more attempted mass murder. Killing Team Meteor members is 100% defense of self and others. Excuse me while I feel no sympathy for them.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, wcv said:

A bunch of mass murderers currently engaged in more attempted mass murder. Killing Team Meteor members is 100% defense of self and others. Excuse me while I feel no sympathy for them.

Very important. I really can't stand the Meteors expecting sympathy.

"Oh, that Dragon Woman killed my friend! All we were trying to do was kidnap and torture children, how could she be so extreme!?!"
"I don't want to disappoint my dad, so the little girl killed in her room for nothing just had to happen, ain't on me."
"How could Titania actually kill people? Just because they're fanatical cultists committing terrorist acts doesn't mean its okay to stop them before they kill again!"

I can feel sympathy for Taka because he finally tried to break off and leave, but its ridiculous how surprised they are when people forced to fight for their lives react with deadly force against the people attacking them. Or maybe its supposed to be the point, but either way I feel no sympathy for dead Meteors. They tried to kill me, they succeeded in killing lots of other people, they don't get to cry foul when they're the ones in danger.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Xerres said:

Very important. I really can't stand the Meteors expecting sympathy.

"Oh, that Dragon Woman killed my friend! All we were trying to do was kidnap and torture children, how could she be so extreme!?!"
"I don't want to disappoint my dad, so the little girl killed in her room for nothing just had to happen, ain't on me."
"How could Titania actually kill people? Just because they're fanatical cultists committing terrorist acts doesn't mean its okay to stop them before they kill again!"

I can feel sympathy for Taka because he finally tried to break off and leave, but its ridiculous how surprised they are when people forced to fight for their lives react with deadly force against the people attacking them. Or maybe its supposed to be the point, but either way I feel no sympathy for dead Meteors. They tried to kill me, they succeeded in killing lots of other people, they don't get to cry foul when they're the ones in danger.

That's... actually a really good point. Although, I think that Eclipse has established that people do want to break away, but can't due to Sirius. Honestly, it's a bit too ambiguous for me to decide yet, though I will still take great pleasure in taking down Lin.

I consider Meteors to be stuck in the circle of "the only way to get out of the slums is to Join team meteor, who promises us that all those sacrifices will be unmade in their utopia. Coincidentally they are also the ones creating those slums in the first place". 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Draconis said:

That's... actually a really good point. Although, I think that Eclipse has established that people do want to break away, but can't due to Sirius. Honestly, it's a bit too ambiguous for me to decide yet, though I will still take great pleasure in taking down Lin.

The poor thing only wanted to save her father, but got her soul burned. It still gets me everytime😔

I hope we'll find a way to bring her back to a body through a ritual or something. I'm on board guys😤✋🏾

2 hours ago, kithas said:

I consider Meteors to be stuck in the circle of "the only way to get out of the slums is to Join team meteor, who promises us that all those sacrifices will be unmade in their utopia. Coincidentally they are also the ones creating those slums in the first place". 

So true. So ironix. And so hypocritical. To think some grunts did willingly join an organisation, that kinda ruined their lives (through the earthquakes, economic crisis and other natural disasters and suffering), only to get killed. To be honest, I feel bad for some grunts (Simon, Tara, Aster, Eclipse and Gretchen), but for others not so much🤷🏽‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah , I believe some members of meteor had good intentions to joining team meteors. Others, happened to join due to personal issue while some join to escape poverty . It draw parallels to terrorist groups recruitment in real life. Guys who have no opportunity and doom to impoverishment escape it by joining a terrorist groups. Man , this remind me of a movie or political related event that took place during 2000s. Hmmmm

On 12/13/2021 at 11:07 AM, Evi Crystal said:

The poor thing only wanted to save her father, but got her soul burned. It still gets me everytime😔

I hope we'll find a way to bring her back to a body through a ritual or something. I'm on board guys😤

Same, making her deader than dead is why despise Sirius more than Lin. (though Lin still has my ire) It'd take a utter miracle to bring her back as there is nothing left for Arceus or Jirachi to resurrect. (That may not matter for Arceus hopefully being Pokemon's version of God and all) Maybe Dialga or Celebi can do something but that would change the timeline.

On 12/12/2021 at 1:09 AM, CaptainMomo said:

Honestly, I'm hoping the reason is good. Wonder what it could be, cause it has to have been something kinda severe.

Same. She could have just ended her friendship with Titania but she decided to shut herself off from the world so I hope there's a solid reason behind this.

I doubt it affected Fern that much. Being the asshole is his natural personality trait. Most of his actions in-game are 99% player's fault. According to Miss Direction's prophecy Fern would be the one saving Reborn in our place, but ever since we've survived train bombing we've been constantly triggering his inferiority complex to the point where he decided to join meteors and raid Amaria's mansion just to get back at us. Defeating his sister would only be an icing on the cake.

6 hours ago, Dark Eclipse said:

That might change in ep.19. Who knows what Lin will do...

Wrong 

4 hours ago, Logan_the_balalaika said:

Same. She could have just ended her friendship with Titania but she decided to shut herself off from the world so I hope there's a solid reason behind this.

I doubt it affected Fern that much. Being the asshole is his natural personality trait. Most of his actions in-game are 99% player's fault. According to Miss Direction's prophecy Fern would be the one saving Reborn in our place, but ever since we've survived train bombing we've been constantly triggering his inferiority complex to the point where he decided to join meteors and raid Amaria's mansion just to get back at us. Defeating his sister would be an icing on the cake.

Just kill Fern already . 

edit : I’m joking .

On 12/11/2021 at 10:47 AM, RocketOSullivan said:

I think it's Titania's fault if Fern is the asshole we all know. She traumatized Florinia somehow (we should learn more about it in E19), and as a result we have Flobot, with a complete lack of affection towards her brother. Remember one of the first scenes when Fern was not full evil yet? "Permission for you to be life-endangeringly reckless: Granted." These are some brutal words, even more when they come from your own sister.

I hate Titania, really.

Titania is awsome

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 11:07 AM, Evi Crystal said:

The poor thing only wanted to save her father, but got her soul burned.

Of course he was only in danger because she, and people like her, joined Team Meteor in the first place, so…

3 hours ago, Mr.Badass said:

She had no other choice but to join Team Meteor.

People always have a choice. And there is no indication that it was different for her. Eclipse has some half-hearted justifications she makes before Sirius attacks her, but they're barely justifications at all. She says that Lin made them more brutal, but even so talks about how even before that they were going to "cleanse" (yeah, wonder what that's code for), the city. And by her own admission did not care until someone she actually gave a damn about was in danger.

Just following orders is not a defense.