TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

I am not sure if I should call the Graveler thing unlucky because self-destruct or lucky that Mightyena survived... i guess it comes out neutral
I am really not sure what the heck the AI was doing with the Typhlosion, taking everything into account, Flame Charge would have done double of what Solar beam did, even with it's modest nature ( i did the math)
Well technically he could get around Victoria still, by going through the upper floor to the exit, but then why would he do THAT? so no healing items, with only 5 trained up team Members Vs. Victoria, this ought to be good, and the underleveled team Member is the smoochum, a jynx would really help him against Kiki, and if he loses that... this looks like a soon to be trainwreck
As for Victoria. well this is actually the first battle with her in which half her team isn't hilariously weak, everything hitting final evolution, we are looking at Pangoro 37, Mienfoo 37, (Alola)Raichu 37, Gallade 38, and Incineroar 39, with quite a few things that can break through bellys defences, nasty plot + Psychic on raichu, Sword dance + Psycho cut on gallade, and of course darkest lariat

Edited by Falirion

You don't really believe he's smart enough to go through the upper floor to avoid Victoria, do you?

But yes, Belly might not turn this around this time....and if he goes for Kiki to get rid of the Mons that could really hurt Belly.....well...Kiki might end up dead meat as well....

Then again.....since this guy sold his brain to the devil in exchange for super-luck, he still might get through Victoria without losing anything.....

1 minute ago, ShogokiX said:

You don't really believe he's smart enough to go through the upper floor to avoid Victoria, do you?

But yes, Belly might not turn this around this time....and if he goes for Kiki to get rid of the Mons that could really hurt Belly.....well...Kiki might end up dead meat as well....

Then again.....since this guy sold his brain to the devil in exchange for super-luck, he still might get through Victoria without losing anything.....

I mean, he'd have to be psychic to know about victoria ambushing him. 

55 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

I mean, he'd have to be psychic to know about victoria ambushing him. 

Or he just needs to read the comments below his most recent episode......you don't really think people would NOT try to tell him? There is ALWAYS spoilers in the comments.....

10 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

Or he just needs to read the comments below his most recent episode......you don't really think people would NOT try to tell him? There is ALWAYS spoilers in the comments.....

Actually, I cant find a single comment that talks about this.

The top is blocked off anyway when Victoria tries to ambush you. So there is no way to avoid that xD

But I don't think Victoria will be a problem. He has something for every team tbh so he just has to play smart.

Also this AI stuff.. That's the first time I saw this lol. Solar Beam HAS to deal more damage than Flame Charge, that's how the AI works. Man, Typhlosion's Attack is terrible. Probably bad IV too.

Sooo yeah. Rip TTar against Kiki, I would say. 

only brought that up as a technicallity anyway. don't really think he is gonna to that, and as mentionted doesn't really have anything to do with intelligence, he either luckily in that very moment thinks of something to check upstairs, (unlikely and lots of people would call BS on that, even if it is genuine) or he breaks the whole blind thing, which a lot of people would rightfully call BS 

Edit:

15 minutes ago, GreatNinja said:

The top is blocked off anyway when Victoria tries to ambush you. So there is no way to avoid that xD

Really? , i am pretty sure i did that once, was then confused why Kiki wasn't on the battlefield till i remembered that i avoided Victoria, might have been E16 or something though

15 minutes ago, GreatNinja said:

Also this AI stuff.. That's the first time I saw this lol. Solar Beam HAS to deal more damage than Flame Charge, that's how the AI works. Man, Typhlosion's Attack is terrible. Probably bad IV too.

as mentioned i did the math on this, between, 10% fieldboost, sun and STAB, flame charge would have done more than Solarbeam, double it even

54+ SpA Typhlosion Solar Beam vs. +3 0 HP / 36 SpD Swalot: 8-9 (5.3 - 6%) -- possibly the worst move ever
54- Atk Muscle Band Typhlosion Flame Charge vs. +3 0 HP / 0 Def Swalot in Sun: 15-18 (10 - 12%) -- possible 9HKO

note: the Muscle Band simulates the 10% field boost, the EVs and IVs on Swalot are only to get the finished stat correctly, and are not accurate
also the IV's on Trainer Mons are always the same accros the board for the mon, in this case 20 in everything, RPG maker doesn't really allow for setting IV's differently from each other

Edited by Falirion

Yeah, pretty sure the top is blocked off. Might have been changed once but I'm pretty sure. I'm the kind of guy who wonders "what if I avoid Victoria? Will the game proceed anyway?" and tries it out. It's just in this instant where Victoria wants to battle. Then you can pass to the top again.

And either AI has something seriously wrong, or EVs matter here. (Maybe Swalot has a ton of Def EV? But then again, does the AI cheat and know your EVs? I really need to test that someday, really interesting) Idk, hope it's the latter because I always enjoy reading the AI.

27 minutes ago, GreatNinja said:

And either AI has something seriously wrong, or EVs matter here. (Maybe Swalot has a ton of Def EV? But then again, does the AI cheat and know your EVs? I really need to test that someday, really interesting) Idk, hope it's the latter because I always enjoy reading the AI.

I meant the EV/IV thing as i set them in a way that the stats matched to what was seen in the video 85 def 95 spdef at lv.44 (i didn't feel like hunting to see if Belly's IVs are visible at some point), so the calcs are correct but for the wrong reason, meaning i had the IVs on swalot higher than TTs has, because it has EVs, to be exact i did the calcs with 16 IV 0 EV def, and 31 IV 36 EV spdef, which incedentaly means that Bellys def IVs are pretty bad
Edit: only just noticed that i forgot to set the HP right, but for the purpose if this it shouldn't matter as long as the defences are correct, the percent numbers are different but the end result would still be flame charge > solar beam
I hate my perfectionism... i looked to when he caught the gulpin, took it's IVs, took it's stats from this Episode, got it's EVs from the roughly and redid the calcs, it comes out basically the same:
54 SpA Typhlosion Solar Beam vs. +3 12 HP / 36 SpD Swalot: 7-9 (4.7 - 6.1%) -- possibly the worst move ever
54 Atk Muscle Band Typhlosion Flame Charge vs. +3 12 HP / 60 Def Swalot in Sun: 15-18 (10.2 - 12.3%) -- possible 9HKO

Swalot should have currently: 22IV/12EV HP; 17IV/60EV atk; 2IV/60EV def; 10/60 spatk; 30/36 spdef; 21/96 spd and Jolly

Edited by Falirion
  • Thanks 2

I've given up trying to predict when he's going to white out. Pretty much just feels like you're sitting there thinking that the next big surprise will get him, only for the AI to get sloppy. It should be better later in the game though, since better AI's won't be glitchy enough to make any awful decisions. 

10 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Ame should make an E19 AI patch E18 just for this lol. except oh god there's still probably so many crippling bugs with it

So you want a separate patch, just for the AI, only to make sure TTar can't cheese his way through the game like that any more? I actually like that idea very much XD

But yeah, it's hard to deny that TTars Reborn nuzlocke in fact DOES feel kind of weird. I mean, there is nothing wrong with trying a blind nuzlocke of Reborn. It may be a bad idea, since Reborn is designed to be more challenging than the official games. And if you take a look at other people who tried nuzlocking Reborn EP17 and 18 on their first run, you see those people having lots of trouble left and right, because the game tells them what they are in for pretty much right away.

One of the best examples would be the Penta-OP, who would have lost the entire thing before even getting to challenge Julia, if it were not for their special rule that all 5 of them had to lose to the same opponent in order to lose the challenge. They did eventually lose, but they made it to that point only by abusing said special rule over and over again.

TTar on the other hand is displaying a very chaotic nuzlocke where it looks like he's got no idea what he is doing, he's making a lot of beginners mistakes you would expect from someone playing Pokémon for the first time, but not from someone whose half content on youtube is based around Pokémon. He doesn't explore enough, missing out on valuable items like field effect read-outs, holding items or TMs, he's not even using half his chances to capture new Pokémon, he discards potentially VERY strong Pokémon as death fodder or throws them into the PC, just to use them as death fodder in the future, and of those Pokémon he's actually using he's only training 2 or 3 of them properly.... And don't get me started on his actual fighting "strategies".....

And even though he's doing all that he still made it up to this point in the game with no major casualties other than his Blaziken.....

So yeah, while it IS pretty much very entertaining to watch how far someone can get with no plan and by sheer luck, it still makes me wonder how this guy can get past all of these fights so easily while other people, who are NOT doing a nuzlocke, and who are actually preparing for the battles are stuck on certain gym leaders like Shelly or Shade....

12 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I've given up trying to predict when he's going to white out. Pretty much just feels like you're sitting there thinking that the next big surprise will get him, only for the AI to get sloppy. It should be better later in the game though, since better AI's won't be glitchy enough to make any awful decisions. 

Maybe it's because I've been here for years and seen all kinds of talk about difficulty, but I just don't see why you guys are all so adamant about seeing him fail. The moment he fails the run will take a turn for the worst for the mood and it won't be as enjoyable as you may think. Basically think of it as if he fails the run is over. He's doing a good job from what I've seen and while it is doubtful he will make it to the end, he probably will make it pretty far.

------

Now for releasing an AI patch, Ame may as well release all the E19 content right now by that logic. Even if the AI is perfected, that kind of patch would bring next to nothing beyond spoilers and leaks. Won't also really change the game. The AI is phenomenal compared to the old E15 era. The old system was so broken it took 6 hours per leader to be somewhat functional. So keep making up those excuses why this guy is still at it and not lost. Really doesn't make you all sound desperate.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

As for me, I really want to see how far he will go and I root for him. But I don't want him to lose desperately but I just see no real way to beat Kiki with no major casualties. Well, I mean with his Team righr now Same goes for Aya and Noel if he makes it there. However, other upcoming GYM Leaders like Sierra, Radomus (maybe 1-2 minor losses), Luna and Samson are easy to beat and if he makes it to them I'm sure he will win especially because he knows how to fight in a Nuzlocke. He knows how to try hard in battle which is crucial for doing a Nuzlocke like this. Overall the only "really hard" Leaders (in MY opinion I know everyones differ) are Noel (depends on team, a good Steel Type cheeses him hard) and Charlotte (I dare to say she is impossible in a nuzlocke with no losses unless very lucky when catching pokemon. In my nuzlocke I think I lost 4 pokemon against her and went "beat fire with fire"). 

So yeah he could beat Kiki but not without losses. I could be wrong tho. For Noel, well, let's hope he gets a good Normal resist. And Charlotte... yeah, tbh she will be a big challenge for him.

I still really root for him and hope he somehow manages the difficulties.

sooo yeah just for the record, i don't want to see him fail I just like to discuss what could give him trouble, personally speaking, which is why i considered Victoria, Because TTar navigated himself into an akward spot on accident. that being said I can see where I could have come off like that

On 10/22/2019 at 6:55 PM, Falirion said:

well we can hope that, Kiki (or maybe Cal in some wierd Universe) will drive the point home, we all know that Solaris' Chomp will just get the BS clause

yeah... I did also notice some more Hostile tones here and there (but i am really not i a position to judge)
An AI patch just for the sake of it seems pointless (the suggestion probably wasn't serious anyway) the updates are gonna be with E19 and there a probably still going to be wierd instances like, the Typh that really likes Solarbeam, because stuff like that is a mess to code, and there are always edge cases it doesn't quite cover in the end.

39 minutes ago, Commander said:

Maybe it's because I've been here for years and seen all kinds of talk about difficulty, but I just don't see why you guys are all so adamant about seeing him fail. The moment he fails the run will take a turn for the worst for the mood and it won't be as enjoyable as you may think. Basically think of it as if he fails the run is over. He's doing a good job from what I've seen and while it is doubtful he will make it to the end, he probably will make it pretty far.

------

Now for releasing an AI patch, Ame may as well release all the E19 content right now by that logic. Even if the AI is perfected, that kind of patch would bring next to nothing beyond spoilers and leaks. Won't also really change the game. The AI is phenomenal compared to the old E15 era. The old system was so broken it took 6 hours per leader to be somewhat functional. So keep making up those excuses why this guy is still at it and not lost. Really doesn't make you all sound desperate.

Well, that was aggressive, although you're always aggressive so I'm not quite sure what I expected. This is all fun and games for most of us. It's like a betting session in some ways. We're trying to make predictions and we're having fun seeing who turns out to be right, and being shocked when something we expected to happen doesn't.

Most of us enjoy his nuzlockes, and honestly, if you've seen any of his past nuzlockes, then you'd know that if he whites out it's not over. He might take a break, but there'll be a season two, and we'll still get even more content to enjoy. 

And as for the AI, it's just a comment most of us have made at one point or another. It's not all luck, but for the most part, I think a lot of us who've actually watched the nuzlocke so far can tell that there have been plenty of moments where trainers have had way better moves to use on his team but simply haven't used them. And most of us are amused by it, astonished at his luck, and overall having a good time watching. 

I'm sorry you think all of us are sadistic or spiteful for no reason and that you can't seem to get any enjoyment out of these discussions, but maybe you can understand a bit now. And if you can't, well, it's whatever, I tried. 

• Like 2

I guess that deep down I'm just a sadistic a**hole that likes to see him squirm and white out at some point, that is why whenever he manages to defeat those gym leaders at first try blind while I'm stuck there losing to them multiple times makes me kinda frustrated. 

and I am ashamed of myself...sorry

1 hour ago, Angelkitsune said:

I guess that deep down I'm just a sadistic a**hole that likes to see him squirm and white out at some point

Funny that you say this while your alias is Audrey

And don't worry, I am also looking forward to see him whiting out 😹

I mean, this has gotta be it. His team isn't enough for Kiki (real one, not Mightyena) 

Oh! Gotta say, I like how he renamed a certain someone to Samuel Olaris xD

Plot twist: his game is actually rigged for the AI to suck on certain fights

Aya was the first time the game really had me, I had to switch two members (and both of new two had defensive setup shit) instead of just one (to be fair it's a Double Battle).

Talonflame is a cool birb that can yeet through most of Kiki's team with Acrobatics, Persian helped with Shelly, and the first three Gym Leaders aren't too hard with a full team (assuming it's not some gimmick team like 6 first stage Pokemon but you get what I mean)

• Upvote 1

• Global Mods

For the record, the AI patch thing was a joke. I'm well aware that's not a feasable idea. 

I have been noticing (and getting a bit annoyed with) people acting like he's playing the game "wrong".  

Let people play games how they want. It's working, isn't it? and it's not like how he's playing affects your gameplay.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

This is quite impressive! For my part, I don't always understand why people keep expecting the worst to happen with TTAR's playthrough. Yes, he may be in bad posture for Victoria's battle. But sincerely, from the moment you realize a player managed to make it that far in Reborn with Pidgeot and Mightyena in his team, I think he still deserves some encouragements.

PS: OMG! I almost lost my **** when I saw this Graveler using Self-Destruct as TTAR's Mightyena had half of his HP left 😧

• Haha 1