TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

13 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

I'm currently doing a nuzlocke myself, and right now i am preparing to face Serra. As of now i haven't lost a single Pokémon. I wonder how long i can keep this up XD

My current Team that i want to use against Serra consists of my starter Infernape, Aggron, Primeape, Klinklang, Meowstic and Arcanine. I'll see whether my plan will work out or if i finally lose a Pokémon, but i am 100% confident that i will beat her with that team.

That's really impressive, props for that!

I suggest you prepare some good Double Battle Mons (like Fakeout, thats op in doubles wtf) in the near future for the Doubles Battles at Amarias house and the Gauntlet. They are with no doubt the hardest challenge in a Nuzlocke. (I prepared for the Gauntlet Battles like 2 days and still lost some pokemon.) I suggest you antiteam especially the first Double Battle because losing a pokemon in the first battle is more dangerous than when you two in the last battle.

Maybe that's obvious for you but I still like to give Nuzlocke hints. I just love nuzlocking too much xD (I'm the kind of guy who even tries to no hit sans from undertale)

1 hour ago, GreatNinja said:

That's really impressive, props for that!

I suggest you prepare some good Double Battle Mons (like Fakeout, thats op in doubles wtf) in the near future for the Doubles Battles at Amarias house and the Gauntlet. They are with no doubt the hardest challenge in a Nuzlocke. (I prepared for the Gauntlet Battles like 2 days and still lost some pokemon.) I suggest you antiteam especially the first Double Battle because losing a pokemon in the first battle is more dangerous than when you two in the last battle.

Maybe that's obvious for you but I still like to give Nuzlocke hints. I just love nuzlocking too much xD (I'm the kind of guy who even tries to no hit sans from undertale)

Yeah, thx for the tips^^ I already have Meowstic covered with Fake Out, as well as an Alolan Raichu. I already did several runs of EP 18, and i took some notes, so i guess i should be able to prepare carefully. I just need some luck on the draw when hunting for new Mons XD

And you're right, Reborn is fun with any kind of nuzlocke^^

1 hour ago, dragonsbeat said:

I wonder what will he happen to the steelix, pulse abra and the half-skippable arceus

Steelix can be cheesed with some luck and setup if you have appropiate team, cause it's pretty slow, but Abra is fast and strong, spamming Hyper Beam left and right (also has Dark Pulse if you thought that Ghost-types were smart idea - Normal/Dark is resisted by Tyranitar, Mawile, Lucario, Pawniard, Bisharp, Cobalion, Terrakion, Carbink, Klefki, Diance and Magearna; this early the only two options are Mawile which is a 5% encounter rate and Mystery Egg Pawniard).

1 hour ago, SansTheSkeleton said:

Steelix can be cheesed with some luck and setup if you have appropiate team, cause it's pretty slow, but Abra is fast and strong, spamming Hyper Beam left and right (also has Dark Pulse if you thought that Ghost-types were smart idea - Normal/Dark is resisted by Tyranitar, Mawile, Lucario, Pawniard, Bisharp, Cobalion, Terrakion, Carbink, Klefki, Diance and Magearna; this early the only two options are Mawile which is a 5% encounter rate and Mystery Egg Pawniard).

If i am not mistaken the best chance to get Mawile at this point would be the Railnet Puzzle Room. As far as i know that room has an encounter rate of 9% for Mawile.

I totally love this guy. He's hilarious. 
Did anyone here watch his Extreme Alpha Sapphire Randomizer Nuzlocke? If not I highly recommend it. It's EPIC!

He's the one who turned me onto this game.
I'm watching at pace with my own playthrough after initially catching up.  

I'm just after Corey's suicide. I've caught the static Shuppet (shiny!) and am now in the Lapis Ward anticipating the upcoming battle with Cain at Beryl Cemetary. Apparently Lapis is where you obtain rock smash which is needed to surpass limited progression in the cemetery. 

I've got him paused in the middle of the suicide cut scene because I got a little lost as to what needed to be done next. I cringed at his negligence to use Jaques' gust to clear the poison from Corey's field. It was the better deal between his and mine. I didn't have gust, I had to use fire and sacrifice my Chameleon.

Fortunately, I'll never touch Nuzlocke territory. 
It's far too limiting for my pleasure, I could never stick to just one Pokemon per area or stop using a fainted Pokemon. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

• Global Mods

36 minutes ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

I totally love this guy. He's hilarious. 
Did anyone here watch his Extreme Alpha Sapphire Randomizer Nuzlocke? If not I highly recommend it. It's EPIC!

He's the one who turned me onto this game.
I'm watching at pace with my own playthrough after initially catching up.  

I'm just after Corey's suicide. I've caught the static Shuppet (shiny!) and am now in the Lapis Ward anticipating the upcoming battle with Cain at Beryl Cemetary. Apparently Lapis is where you obtain rock smash which is needed to surpass limited progression in the cemetery. 

I've got him paused in the middle of the suicide cut scene because I got a little lost as to what needed to be done next. I cringed at his negligence to use Jaques' gust to clear the poison from Corey's field. It was the better deal between his and mine. I didn't have gust, I had to use fire and sacrifice my Chameleon.

Fortunately, I'll never touch Nuzlocke territory. 
It's far too limiting for my pleasure, I could never stick to just one Pokemon per area or stop using a fainted Pokemon. 

Yeah the start of ASER was about when I found him. good stuff, though the 'random' part becomes more and more of a stretch lol.

If you're following along with the series, you might want to beware of spoilers in this thread, since basically all the regulars here have completed the game and will speak freely about future content.

11 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:
Yeah the start of ASER was about when I found him. good stuff, though the 'random' part becomes more and more of a stretch lol.

I got that feeling watching his Sun/Moon Extreme Randomizer, which I need to check up on, it was incomplete when I watched it. 
When Shmurda showed up as a Totem ally. His reaction was so genuinely shocked but I can't imagine how that was "random". 

If you're following along with the series, you might want to beware of spoilers in this thread, since basically all the regulars here have completed the game and will speak freely about future content.

I'll be mindful of that. Thanx. 

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

Yeah, it's never easy for someone who just started playing a game to avoid being spoilered when visiting the forum that belongs to said game.

Like Dreamblitz said, most regulars here have already completed the game. But Reborn has so much story that even if we talk freely, chances are high you won't get spoilered on the same level as if it were a normal Pokémon game, where basicly nothing really important ever happens XD

On the other hand that also means you have tons of really cool people here who'll be nice enough to help you if you ever find yourself getting lost in the game, or of you can't beat a certain fight....

Okay, It's offical this guy has the luck of the freaking Devil. When I get hit with confuse ray or any move that cause confusion, I contantly get damage by it and even lose because of it, but when ttar get confused he only get damage once, if not at all? HACKS, I call HACKS!!!!

• Global Mods

Normally i drop Mightyena right after corey but this man has taught me how bigger monster Mightyena is.

He does what reborn wants to teach you the power of unpopular status moves because in a normal pokemon game you just keep spammin your strongest attack (and here we spam prankster+destiny bond)

I'm happy he remembered the garchomp from Shade's vids but unfortunately didn't remember Kiki from there as well. Can't blame him since I also missed that detail when I played the first time, and only remembered it again later in the Pyrous mountain apex scene.

I wish he hadn't sac'd woobat early on, because swoobat is a beast for VS Kiki. I wonder how he'll do against a fighting type leader since his Kiki button is not going to work well this time.

It hurts so much how he ignored Woobat. SO. MUCH. For this, he totally deserves to lose.

..No but srsly, he might really lose here. His team is, at this point, actual trash: Jinx (if he even evolves it lol) will be outsped and one shotted, I assume. (Could be wrong tho, but in most cases it will be slower.) Growlith and Mightyena are useless. Dishsoap too if unevolved. Only Swalot and Pidgeot can do something against kiki but I can't see how he can break through her fighting spirit. Even if he Stockpiles 6 times, Medicham will finish this and can either crit or boost with Meditate. He will love the training after the blackout XD

I had no doubt he'd make short work of the Muk fight some were worried about, even if his confusion luck was good.

I have never prophesied his undoing before, though I was surprised at how smoothly his Shelly and Shade fights went, but I have to say I'm very skeptical about the upcoming Kiki battle. I personally have never really struggled with the Cal fight so I'm sure he'll pull through but I fail to see how he'll deal with Kiki's team. I almost feel like almost any mon in the fight could be his downfall. Can't even rely on setting up Stockpiles with Belly since Medicham gets a guaranteed crit (which I feel like would be the first crit he's ever suffered in this playthrough lol).

Really looking forward to it seeing this fight!

One thing that annoys me is how he trains new mons. Or rather how he doesn't. Does he know about the Grand Hall trainers? But I supposed he'd be worried about losses there if he has to switch-train. Exp Share in Spinel should hopefully alleviate training new members, if he gets there. Seeing him grind in Beryl and stop at level 20-something pains me.

• Like 1

This guy made a pact with the devil, i tell you! In exchange for his soul (or rather his brain) he goes through Pokémon Reborn without any need for skill.....

Also.....WHY is this dude running by every Pokémart and NOT buying any Pokéballs? He could have wasted that Apophyll Beach encounter because he didn't buy any Pokéballs since Obsidia Ward.... And now all he bought at Apophyll Academy are 10 new Pokéballs? Is he trying to waste encounters?

I know you don't need as many Pokéballs in a nuzlocke as you would need for a regular playthrough, but damn....you should ALWAYS have at least 20 or so at hand....you never know where you might run into a valuable encounter that plays hard to catch....

Also also....."I don't have any psychic types".......Woobat, Lunatone, Smoochum.....ok, he's training Smoochum now, but hey......he COULD have had Espurr, Spoink, Munna, Gothita, Elgyem or Baltoy, Meditite or even Alolan Raichu......SO MANY PSYCHIC TYPES that he just passed by because he doesn't explore properly and goes around wasting chances to get encounters.....Well.....at least he's got that Pidgeot with Wing Attack.....that could do the trick....

Explore Everything! That's literally the first and most important rule one should always keep in mind when playing any RPG.

28 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

Meditite

tbh he was pretty close to getting this one but now he's thinking that he's gotta talk to the girl after beating Kiki xD but I don't think meditite/medicham gets useful psychic moves via level up (might be wrong but I feel like I was bummed at this when I used one in a play through).

Yeah it only gets Zen Headbutt via move relearner.

1 hour ago, Candy said:

tbh he was pretty close to getting this one but now he's thinking that he's gotta talk to the girl after beating Kiki xD but I don't think meditite/medicham gets useful psychic moves via level up (might be wrong but I feel like I was bummed at this when I used one in a play through).

Other than that, the guy's toast. Belly can't tank the entire gym, and with their setup moves each fighting type will instantly be on a level with Stockpile 3. To add to that, I really don't see how Belly hurts Stockpile 3 on machamp.

6 hours ago, Rising Emperor said:

Okay, It's offical this guy has the luck of the freaking Devil. When I get hit with confuse ray or any move that cause confusion, I contantly get damage by it and even lose because of it, but when ttar get confused he only get damage once, if not at all? HACKS, I call HACKS!!!!

A confusion hit and umbreon damage wasn't enough to knock it out if the umbreon wasn't set up fodder he would have had a much worse time

Well.....it was fun while it lasted, but given how Reborns difficulty curve works, he won't make it much further if he doesn't change his playstyle soon. And by that i mean if he doesn't start capturing more Mons and training them properly, he's done for.

This guy might be all about luck, but luck will only take you so far....

Looking at his current team, Kiki and Belly won't do much at this gym, since Kiki can't hande fighting type moves, and Belly will go down to psychic type moves. Dishsoap is too low leveled and won't do much without evolving. Debbie might only be of neutral use, since it's neither good nor bad in this gym. Peanut would also end up like Kiki, since normal types also love fighting type moves. That leaves him with Jaques, the only Mon who could do something useful here. Sure, he plans on training Karen the Smoochum, but let's be real: Ice/Psychic? Jynx won't stand much of a chance here. It las low defense base stat and it's only natural psychic moves are Confusion and Heart Stamp, and he already threw out Confusion.

So, unless SOMEONE tells him to go and get a few Pokémon from the possible encounters he skipped, he's done for soon.....

27 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

Well.....it was fun while it lasted, but given how Reborns difficulty curve works, he won't make it much further if he doesn't change his playstyle soon. And by that i mean if he doesn't start capturing more Mons and training them properly, he's done for.

This guy might be all about luck, but luck will only take you so far....

Looking at his current team, Kiki and Belly won't do much at this gym, since Kiki can't hande fighting type moves, and Belly will go down to psychic type moves. Dishsoap is too low leveled and won't do much without evolving. Debbie might only be of neutral use, since it's neither good nor bad in this gym. Peanut would also end up like Kiki, since normal types also love fighting type moves. That leaves him with Jaques, the only Mon who could do something useful here. Sure, he plans on training Karen the Smoochum, but let's be real: Ice/Psychic? Jynx won't stand much of a chance here. It las low defense base stat and it's only natural psychic moves are Confusion and Heart Stamp, and he already threw out Confusion.

So, unless SOMEONE tells him to go and get a few Pokémon from the possible encounters he skipped, he's done for soon.....

Smoochum gets Psychic at level 38, then Jynx was my MVP against Kiki.