TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

So, who is going to tell him that orphanage was an actual place and Sigmund was that sketchy as hell. I've only heard a few tales about the orphanage and it's enough not to ask questions about it.

• Global Mods

To be fair, I think he would've left for a common candy even without the healing, since he had no way of knowing when a full boss fight was going to pop up, and the relationship penalty only applies once right?

9 minutes ago, Commander said:

So, who is going to tell him that orphanage was an actual place and Sigmund was that sketchy as hell. I've only heard a few tales about the orphanage and it's enough not to ask questions about it.

I would like to include trivia about the online league and real life ties, but I'd also want to get my information straight on that stuff, since I think there's a fairly blurry line between fact and rumour around some of that stuff

1 minute ago, Alazir said:

Please tell me that the relationship points only take a hit once from leaving, and not every time...

yes they only trigger once but Charlotte lost another due to him talking to her behind the bars

So he actually managed to make a big deal out of the orphanage...

And he captured an alolan Rattata....too bad it wasn't an Espurr....

Also it seems he has not yet abandoned the nuzlocke, even though he said so multiple times in the previous episode.

Aaaaanyways~ Fun times are up ahead...... Will TTar outlive the encounter with Shade? Or will he get lost in the darkness of the gym, doomed to never find his way back out?

So as far as I understand, he will not train up new pokemon soon? Ok guys, it was a nice nuzlocke, but Shade will totally finish him. Rotom and Mimikyu are just too big of a threat for his team. He should thank god that this is nerfed Shade. Maybe he will survive with, like, 2 pokemon tho if he is lucky xD

45 minutes ago, GreatNinja said:

So as far as I understand, he will not train up new pokemon soon? Ok guys, it was a nice nuzlocke, but Shade will totally finish him. Rotom and Mimikyu are just too big of a threat for his team. He should thank god that this is nerfed Shade. Maybe he will survive with, like, 2 pokemon tho if he is lucky xD

Nah man, Shade is still just as big of a threat as he was if it's your first time playing. I really hope he trains Peanut up to the rest of the team and evolves her. He's gonna need all the help he can get here. Also he still hasn't learned death fodder shouldn't be a thing if he can help it.

Shade has changed indeed I'm 100% sure. I was around since Ep9. Can't remember what exactly but what I can remember is his Gengar being nerfed by changing Shadow Ball to Shadow Claw. Also his Pumpkaboo and Mimikyu are new additions. But I think it was changed way back in E14 when Gen 6 was added.

I just remember clearly that in my very first Playthrough he was the second toughest GYM Leader I have faced.

Edit: same for Dhelmise and Doublade? Man I always forget these things.  

2 hours ago, ToDie said:

What is the problem of losing relationship points?

They're meant to unlock mostly postgame content, but some characters' relationship points also influence certain story bits - for example your point amount with Titania and Amaria changes some of their interactions with you in E17.
All in all it's not exactly a problem if you don't care, and it's literally impossible to max out everyone's points in a single playthrough anyway because some of them are mutually exclusive. But if you're interested in getting certain game paths/postgame content you'll want to keep track of your points with the characters involved.

We don't know yet for sure, of course, but it also seems implied and is a popular theory that collecting the points for Shade and Anna makes you follow the "true ending" path of the story.

11 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

I would like to include trivia about the online league and real life ties, but I'd also want to get my information straight on that stuff, since I think there's a fairly blurry line between fact and rumour around some of that stuff

tbh I don't even know what is fact and falsehood anymore. Some peepos say it was real, other peepos say it was a yuge troll... who knows?

Quite frankly I'd find it preferable to leave that stuff out or keep it at "the game is based around a former online league and its leaders".

Maybe it's just because it's coming from someone who is very much unconvinced by the whole "real life incidents" claim, but I don't see how it'd add value to ttar's playthrough. At most it'll what, make him awkward about how to talk about and handle the characters because he'll be worried about being disrespectful?

The whole narrative is kind of a can of worms I'd rather leave on the shelf ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote 3

I think i am with you on that. It's nice to know that there is some kind of backstory to certain things, but we shouldn't make a big deal out of it. Sure, you might think a little different about the game if you knew those details, but this could affect you in both a positive way or a negative one. You might learn to appreciate the game a little more, pay more respect to certain details, but you may also find yourself in awkward situations because you know certain things.

So yeah, let's not tell TTar, because the less he knows the more fun we might get out of it, with his crazy theories. And the more fun we have once certains things are revealed in the game after he theorized about it like 10 episodes ago...

After all, we know the game, and we can smile if he starts making up the wildest theories, while we know he's so far off that he'll be in for a surprise XD

8 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

I think i am with you on that. It's nice to know that there is some kind of backstory to certain things, but we shouldn't make a big deal out of it. Sure, you might think a little different about the game if you knew those details, but this could affect you in both a positive way or a negative one. You might learn to appreciate the game a little more, pay more respect to certain details, but you may also find yourself in awkward situations because you know certain things.

So yeah, let's not tell TTar, because the less he knows the more fun we might get out of it, with his crazy theories. And the more fun we have once certains things are revealed in the game after he theorized about it like 10 episodes ago...

After all, we know the game, and we can smile if he starts making up the wildest theories, while we know he's so far off that he'll be in for a surprise XD

Unless he literally hits it dead on like he did this episode.

• Global Mods
5 hours ago, Candy said:

tbh I don't even know what is fact and falsehood anymore. Some peepos say it was real, other peepos say it was a yuge troll... who knows?

3 hours ago, ZEL said:

Quite frankly I'd find it preferable to leave that stuff out or keep it at "the game is based around a former online league and its leaders".

Maybe it's just because it's coming from someone who is very much unconvinced by the whole "real life incidents" claim, but I don't see how it'd add value to ttar's playthrough. At most it'll what, make him awkward about how to talk about and handle the characters because he'll be worried about being disrespectful?

The whole narrative is kind of a can of worms I'd rather leave on the shelf ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I ended up going down a bit of a rabbit hole of my own research on the matter for a few hours yesterday, and yeah based on that I decided to leave it at the connection between game and online league, though with a bit more detail around that.

7 hours ago, GreatNinja said:

Shade has changed indeed I'm 100% sure. I was around since Ep9. Can't remember what exactly but what I can remember is his Gengar being nerfed by changing Shadow Ball to Shadow Claw. Also his Pumpkaboo and Mimikyu are new additions. But I think it was changed way back in E14 when Gen 6 was added.

I just remember clearly that in my very first Playthrough he was the second toughest GYM Leader I have faced.

Edit: same for Dhelmise and Doublade? Man I always forget these things.  

What Pumpkaboo? Isn't Shade's team Gengar, Rotom, Doublade, Golurk, Dhelmise, and Mimikyu?

• Global Mods
3 minutes ago, SilverAngelus said:

What Pumpkaboo? Isn't Shade's team Gengar, Rotom, Doublade, Golurk, Dhelmise, and Mimikyu?

Before Gen 7 Team:
Gengar, Doublade, Trevenant, Rotom, Banette, Chandelure

After Gen 7 Team:
Gengar, Doublade, Dhelmise, Rotom, Banette, Mimikyu

• Thanks 4