Jan

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, FleetWood said:

At what point can you purify pokemon in the story again? I have an alolan grimer i want to level up but it is forever lvl 14

Spoiler

It's in Sheridan village if i correctly remember, but not sure if before or after the fight against the gym leader (the one where you get your badge, not the other)

Just now, Siragon said:
  Hide contents

It's in Sheridan village if i correctly remember, but not sure if before or after the fight against the gym leader (the one where you get your badge, not the other)

Thanks, I didnt no whether it was available the badge after we left the place or while we were there

• Global Mods

Hi. I have two more questions for when I'm able to play after I get back home in mid-June. 

1. Is there anything missable in the V9 story content that I should know about? Something like the Weird Diary. 

2. Regarding V8's choice to either keep silent about Flora, tell on her, or join Bladestar, which one has the most positive outcome? I chose to go with Erin at the paths and keep silent about Flora because I wanted more info before acting. (I'm starting a new game though)

3 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Hi. I have two more questions for when I'm able to play after I get back home in mid-June. 

1. Is there anything missable in the V9 story content that I should know about? Something like the Weird Diary. 

2. Regarding V8's choice to either keep silent about Flora, tell on her, or join Bladestar, which one has the most positive outcome? I chose to go with Erin at the paths and keep silent about Flora because I wanted more info before acting. 

All I'm gonna say is explore EVERYWHERE. Go into all the buildings, at both day and night because there'll be different people. If you enter the right building you'll run into a pretty important character...

Regarding #2, I turned her in but I don't believe any choice is more positive than the other for now.

14 minutes ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

2. Regarding V8's choice to either keep silent about Flora, tell on her, or join Bladestar, which one has the most positive outcome? I chose to go with Erin at the paths and keep silent about Flora because I wanted more info before acting. (I'm starting a new game though)

Spoiler

Like Polaris said, it doesn't really matter much if you arrest Flora or not, since the outcome is gonna be the same, just the way there is different, but based on information we get in V9 and knowing you, I think you'll want to join Bladestar, not gonna say why though.

• Global Mods
8 minutes ago, Polaris said:

Reveal hidden contents

All I'm gonna say is explore EVERYWHERE. Go into all the buildings, at both day and night because there'll be different people. If you enter the right building you'll run into a pretty important character...

Regarding #2, I turned her in but I don't believe any choice is more positive than the other for now.

Okay, I'll explore everywhere. Talking to all the NPCs and doing all the events I can is something I always do before progressing with the game, so I'll likely find the character while doing that. I'm really looking forward to Grand Dream City! [\SPOILER]

1 minute ago, TheMoltenGuy said:
  Hide contents

Like Polaris said, it doesn't really matter much if you arrest Flora or not, since the outcome is gonna be the same, just the way there is different, but based on information we get in V9 and knowing you, I think you'll want to join Bladestar, not gonna say why though.

By "knowing you" do you mean as the player (as in how it might effect the player) or as ICSW? . o . [\SPOILER]

Just now, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

Hide contents

Okay, I'll explore everywhere. Talking to all the NPCs and doing all the events I can is something I always do before progressing with the game, so I'll likely find the character while doing that. I'm really looking forward to Grand Dream City! [\SPOILER]

Reveal hidden contents

By "knowing you" do you mean as the player (as in how it might effect the player) or as ICSW? . o . [\SPOILER]

Spoiler

I'll let you figure that one out yourself. ;) But I chose to join Bladestar and I don't regret it one single bit, you'll understand why once you get to play.

On 6/2/2017 at 5:01 PM, Jan said:

Links are back up! I now added a section for patches. You won't have to redownload the whole game to fix an error anymore. Just take the data from the patch and replace the old one with the new one. I'll get a list of errors fixed underneath it as well. 

How do you that btw? do you have to drag the file the new file to the old one? Delete the old data file and drag the new data file? Im confused lol anyone willing to give some insight/ practical things i can do it, would be wonderful. Btw psyched too play this game thanks for putting your efforts into it. Do you have to copy and paste? 

Edited by Blazeheat91
needed to add extra information

Just finished episode 9! I loved it to death! Probably the most well-put together episode plot-wise, and an extremely enjoyable gym battle. However, I have one question for all of you (and this involves major spoilers):

Spoiler

How close are we actually to the end?

IF THIS WASN'T OBVIOUS, THIS IS STILL SPOILERS, SO IF YOU DID NOT FINISH THE EPISODE, DON'T READ PAST THIS

If you walk towards the back of the dojo before you activate the conversation between Aelita and Erin, you get a conversation where they say...

AGAIN, SPOILERS

how everything is going to end soon. The Puppet Master was talking about how everything would also begin to come together, as well, and how a "new path" would be put together. Does this mean we are almost done, because if it does, that's really too bad.

Still, it is nice to see we are getting some awesome character development, and I can't wait to continue this journey, no matter how long it takes.

Edited by FactoryofSadness

2 hours ago, FactoryofSadness said:

Just finished episode 9! I loved it to death! Probably the most well-put together episode plot-wise, and an extremely enjoyable gym battle. However, I have one question for all of you (and this involves major spoilers):

Reveal hidden contents

How close are we actually to the end?

IF THIS WASN'T OBVIOUS, THIS IS STILL SPOILERS, SO IF YOU DID NOT FINISH THE EPISODE, DON'T READ PAST THIS

If you walk towards the back of the dojo before you activate the conversation between Aelita and Erin, you get a conversation where they say...

AGAIN, SPOILERS

how everything is going to end soon. The Puppet Master was talking about how everything would also begin to come together, as well, and how a "new path" would be put together. Does this mean we are almost done, because if it does, that's really too bad.

Still, it is nice to see we are getting some awesome character development, and I can't wait to continue this journey, no matter how long it takes.

If you go to Nightmare City, in the top right of the Dream Distric, you can find

Crescent there saying ''Not much time left there's not much time left there's not much time left there's not much... Soon... Soon''

On 6/3/2017 at 1:03 AM, Jan said:

o20MRuA.png

Version 9 - The City of Mystery - 

Full Download here! V9 [Updated 6/2/17 4:49 EST]

Current Patch: [Updated 6/3/17 1:21 PM EST] (Patch 7PLEASE DOWNLOAD THIS ALSO IF YOU DOWNLOADED THE FULL VERSION. THIS WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE LATEST FIXES NOTED

BELOW!

Reveal hidden contents

Major:

1.) Speech Frames glitching up 

2.) Venam freezing up after leaving the train.

3.)

4.) Freezing up after defeating the Gym Leader. 

5.) Soft locking on the train going to Route 9.

6.) Event repeating in the Shopping District.

7,) An event in Amethyst Cave is skipped because a switch is switched on at an unknown time. This causes Keta to not react when you enter his home. 

8.) Event repeating in Amethyst Cave

9.) Oshawott in the Starter Room can sometimes get into weird positions that may cause the game to crash.

10.) 

11.) Trainer locking you into dialogue in Sheridan Village.

12.) Using Telepad 2 and 3 will wrongfully reset the Ariados variable. Making it impossible to complete Crawli's Gym.

13.) Using the staircase on the left will cause you to become stuck in the wall.

Minor:

1.) No evolution music. 

2.) Jan's sprite floating aimlessly in the void (only on certain versions)

3.) Water Shuriken still has Gen 6 attributes.

4.) Ultra Ball distribution bug in Aqua Apartments.

5.) Random Starter Machine doesn't give out Gen 7 starters.

6.) When viewing the map, the cursor won't move to the right. 

7.)  

8.) 

9.) 

10.) Oshawott not refusing to go into GDC.

12.) Train station stairs in the Judicial District lead nowhere.

13.) Pokeballs don't appear when Nurse Joy heals your Pokemon (Judicial District).

14.) Growlithe still being in the Mystery Egg. (Replaced with Darumaka)

15.) Stairs leading to the 4th floor in the Shopping District don't work. 

16.) Nectars having monetary value.

Text Errors:

1.) Jan wrongfully calls Amanda "Amaria" in Gearen Lab.

2.) Typo in the Central Penthouse with Melia.

3.) Typo with Shuppet referred to as Misdreavus.

4.) Purple tree being referred as the Magenta Tree.

5.) The color board wrongfully saying that all colors needed to be mixed for white.

6.) Crescent saying Musn't instead of Mustn't.

7.) Chinese Food mistakenly says it heals 50 when it should only heal 40.

----------------------------------

We've waited long enough. There's no reason for me to keep you here any longer.

--- Honorable Mentions ---

Few people I want to mention! I wanted to thank @Marcello and @Amethyst for helping me out in terms of code for this version. In fact, Marcello just released the Z-Move script that Rejuvenation and Reborn uses! Go check that out if you're interested in using that for whatever!

Secondly, I would like to thank @Alex and @Zumi for helping me out a TON through this long process of creating Version 9 for you all. If it weren't for these two I wouldn't be anywhere near close to being done. I'd also like to thank my beta testers for putting up with me and helping me make Version 9 as quality as possible. (There are a lot of changes, though. Some things may have slipped past the seams!) There are too many to shout out directly, but their names are in the credits file and you should thank them when you get the chance!

Thirdly, and of course I couldn't forget you all... A huge huge HUGE thank you to those who participated in the Shiny Threads. I was blown away with the help I got and your reward will be sent to you sometime today or tomorrow (Most likely today, though). 

----

Rejuvenation Location Guide: 

Unfortunately, I'm retiring this thread. Neither Zumi and I have time to edit that thread at all. It really showed lately, too. It was BARELY updated and it was filled with outdated information. If someone wants to make a new thread, by all means, do it. 

Edit: Njab has stepped up to the plate! Thank you @Njab

Dedicated Rejuvenation Tab: 

We have a new tab at the top of the site! It may or may not be up at the time of posting it. If it's not, just wait a bit. It'll show up eventually. 

Future Reworks:

I've decided that I'm going to be upfront with things I rework from now on. There won't be many left, since after this version I've basically undone all the work I did in v6 (For the better!), but if there are to be any, I will be as public as possible. 

---- 

Full cover art. By @Zumi

Reveal hidden contents

0Y6Ibf5.jpg

V9 - Changelog (Coming soon) 

Password:

Reveal hidden contents

4567 - Skip the boat section (For all of you who just want to get on with your adventure!)

IT'S HERE!!!!!!!

IT'S HERE!!!!!!!

IT'S....

well I have to go play now, toodles <(")