Version 9 - The City of Mystery

Jan

funny story I didn't get to/find the pokemon center right away when I got in grand dream city and a random kicked me all the way back to a healing station in the middle of the first blackstar area(I think I totally butchered the name) XD

Edited by nepeta100
mispelling/minor clarification

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, this version was fun! I've only played the story content, leading up from V8 to V9, but it was quite enjoyable.

Spoiler

The doubles gym battle with Aelita was quite fun, but I hope to battle the real psychic leader Lavender at some point and the real electric leader Volta. What's with all these reserved leaders... perhaps, it's to reflect the turmoil in Aevium.

I'll probably either try the sidequests or begin a new save file to see the new content in the beginning areas later.

so i visited narcissas gym and i encountered mimikyu I tried to battle it but then it said: I will curse you. It dissappeared afterwards Then a puzzle started

So far so good I got into a room that contained a mirror that can teleport me back to the beggining of the gym and a locked door Did anyone find a key or something to open the locked door ? I can't seem to find anything.

Sorry that i didn't put a spoiler tag on it.

I forgot how to put one on.

Edited by HakuryuYukio

5 hours ago, The Protagonist said:

I'm re-playing from the beginning again. Has V9 gotten rid of the Audino trainers? Finding it difficult to grind now.

I think you can first use them once you defeat the first or second gym

also:

Spoiler

Why did we get the trickery badge so easy, it wasn't even a difficult fight

I have to say, Compared to Cellia's Underground, and 7th Street, Grand Dream City's Underground is considerably... Cleaner and More Polished?

Here is an analogy: Grand Dream City is to Cellia City as Gearen City is to Blackview City.

Also, I kind of understand the Rejects of the Underground.

Spoiler

Former Axis University Students Rejected by Society because they couldn't pass an Exam. It's kind of true, in a way. I think I found a Commentary on the Nightmare of High school and College. That Most Students are judged by their ability to take an exam. 

How exactly do you get into Axis University? For Starters, how do you get to the Hospital of Hope? Is it not Available in this Version?

Edited by ShadeStrider

So... After finishing V.9, finishing the Help center's requests (loved them both, especially the cameo) and win against those DARN Kimono girls after causing me the trouble of searching for them, I thought I was done with this version... That's when I found "It". Jan put THAT sidequest in the game, so now I need to go through the game once again to finish it... It's fine tho, I'll be able to see the changes made in this version without having to make a new save file... yet

i think i also heard jan's laugh

12 minutes ago, Reverse said:

So... After finishing V.9, finishing the Help center's requests (loved them both, especially the cameo) and win against those DARN Kimono girls after causing me the trouble of searching for them, I thought I was done with this version... That's when I found "It". Jan put THAT sidequest in the game, so now I need to go through the game once again to finish it... It's fine tho, I'll be able to see the changes made in this version without having to make a new save file... yet

i think i also heard jan's laugh

Spoiler

Care to spoil things a bit for me please?Not what happens in that quest you mentiones but rather how to start it.Pretty please?

16 minutes ago, Pozyher said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Care to spoil things a bit for me please?Not what happens in that quest you mentiones but rather how to start it.Pretty please?

It's started in East Gearen Help Center after acquiring a Gym Badge, assuming I have got the right quest

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's started in East Gearen Help Center after acquiring a Gym Badge, assuming I have got the right quest

Spoiler

I'll there now.Thank you

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Reveal hidden contents

That's the one

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Wait, are you refering to a list of sidequests with a certain mad woman ?

Edited by Siragon

20 minutes ago, Pozyher said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Did you actually complete the missing childrens quest in GDC, or you unable to move on like everyone else? Like after all the stuff with Ana, you're told that you can return to officer Jenny and help her out, but she's nowhere to be found, same with Dylan and Ana

2 minutes ago, Siragon said:
  Hide contents

Wait, are you refering to a list of sidequests with a certain mad woman ?

It's not a help center sidequest. If it helps, it starts the moment you walk in after a badge, and has you go around the world

1 minute ago, Milotic said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Did you actually complete the missing childrens quest in GDC, or you unable to move on like everyone else? Like after all the stuff with Ana, you're told that you can return to officer Jenny and help her out, but she's nowhere to be found, same with Dylan and Ana

Spoiler

the missing children sidequest isn't supposed to be completable, it's only there to trigger Ana's sidequest

2 minutes ago, Milotic said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Well the quest wasnt on the board anymore so i assumed for this episode the quest was done so i did not

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's not a help center sidequest. If it helps, it starts the moment you walk in after a badge, and has you go around the world

Well, i certainly don't remember that sidequest then. Meh, i'll see soon enough when i'll get it on my second run

3 minutes ago, Siragon said:

Well, i certainly don't remember that sidequest then. Meh, i'll see soon enough when i'll get it on my second run

You might want to do it on your main save file, where you have everything that you need to complete it, mostly TMs

Just now, Reverse said:

You might want to do it on your main save file, where you have everything that you need to complete it, mostly TMs

I'll do it there too, it's just i don't remember anything about this sidequest, so i have to wait a bit before doing it there

38 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

What do I need to get into the house on the poolside at the Marianette place. It's honestly frustrating at this point looking for shit.

The key is in the hedge maze to the left of the mansion.